VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 128 Votes

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
If you're asking the question to me then the answer is simple. Nothing stops me. I just don't want to. I like working with Tlaero immensely, I think we complement each other well and together we make great storytelling. Odds are far better for the case Tlaero and I will work on some Star Wars story than me looking for a new partner to proceed with Star Wars. Tlaero has said to me that if I want she'll write something Star Warsy to keep going with the story and I've declined her offer several times because I'm super difficult to please when it comes to Star Wars and I'd constantly be clashing against Tlaero's writting which would not be good for any of us or the game. That's because of my fanatical view of SW. That (bad) feature of mine also impossibilitates any other partnership when it comes to SW. It is what it is.
I understand.

Sep 18, 2021
What a shame. I enjoyed this one. I was excited for the sequel. It's shocking that this is one of the best Star Wars related things I've experienced that was made after 2009.

Reactions: Duke Leo

zucite

May 22, 2019
Aw man what a downer. Mortze, I appreciate that you're being true to your creativity even if it leads elsewhere, so I think you made the right choice. That said, this is far and away the best SW content in this genre, and I think I've tried everything from the abandoned demos to Orange Trainer to TftUV (which is excellent but not the most Star Warsy).

I hope you decide to come back to it sometime. I hear your concerns about working with Tlaero on this one but a lot of great work comes out of the discussion and argument of collaboration, and knowing her previous work, I suspect you might be surprised to find her doing SW work that meets your high standards.

So yeah, do what you gotta do, but I (and a lot of people on here) hope you come back to this one (or a different story in the universe, if that inspires you more). It's too good to let it go.

Reactions: Duke Leo

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Any reason why this hasn't at least been tagged as On Hold (if not Abandoned), given that Mort's post was way back in August?
each episode is (well was supposed to be) their own game like sw4-6 just same chars.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
This should be marked as incomplete/on hold/ abandoned.
The story is not full, and is not standalone. Someone should have changed by now from admin team...
once again: story is full since it tells 1st episode's story and same way is standalone. just like movies, part 1 tells part 1 story, part 2 has same characters and it is or isn't related to part 1. this MIGHT tell ep2 and 3 stories someday.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
Sad to learn the news on Mortze's current predicament. While I am obviously disappointed I understand the situation. Some people are simply more productive and motivated working on projects where they follow a clear path provided by someone else.

PopPop63

Jun 16, 2020
well i wish i had never downloaded this. should have read all the comments first. I expected completed to mean finished. I was wrong at least in this case. it just got started. It was great too. oh well good luck to the dev.

Reactions: _Alexandru_

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well i wish i had never downloaded this. should have read all the comments first. I expected completed to mean finished. I was wrong at least in this case. it just got started. It was great too. oh well good luck to the dev.
again ep1 is completed and it is full story, ep2 would have had it's own story with same chars and ep3 same.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
never say never, there is small chance.
The word is ... "minuscule" as in disappearingly minuscule. On the order of 1 in 10,000,000.
Right now he's buried deep in working on other project renderings...which is his main interest it seems.

With graphics talent like his...and to actually come up with an interesting plot/storyline, to develop it like he did and then lose interest after the '1st Chapter' is what I feel is a monumental Tease for us lovers of the Sci-Fi genre bordering on torture. . . and a great loss.

I will join you in crying every day that there is no news of any work on a sequel or further stories along this line. Having helped others, I would have so loved to have helped him develop this world he created.

Mydidle

Apr 19, 2020
the monty python reference made me chuckle, so far the game and the story is great, its interesting seeing starwars from a perspective other than imperial/republic. and drea is hot as hell.

4.60 star(s) 128 Votes