VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 129 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
why is that?
Use the site search to find the answer. LMAO.
that could be asked on every thread on every page.
True. I only said something because all I ever see from here now is someone too lazy to search asking about why it's complete but not continued. That specific question is especially bad on this game. It's like, do you know how to go back a page or two? Even if search (somehow) is too challenging for you, you can click the nifty little numbers to see what people have already said . . . over and over. [sigh]

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
True. I only said something because all I ever see from here now is someone too lazy to search asking about why it's complete but not continued. That specific question is especially bad on this game. It's like, do you know how to go back a page or two? Even if search (somehow) is too challenging for you, you can click the nifty little numbers to see what people have already said . . . over and over. [sigh]
I would be more understanding if this thread had like 50 pages and the game was filled with minigames, puzzles and other stuff like that, so that the thread was filled to the brim with people asking literally everything they can think..BUT we've 14(almost 15) pages here, like gg easy searching and the results wouldn't be that many...

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Bad news from Mortze...

I have some bad news to tell you. I’ve been working on the sequel to The Warrior’s Heart for over a year now, and I’ve only finished about a third of the images so far. At the rate I’ve been going, it’s not going to be done for a very long time.

I’ve learned a lot about myself over the last year. I’ve learned that I don’t work well when I’m alone. I need my partner to inspire my creativity, to give me images to create, and to drive me to work hard at creating them. Especially that last part. It's also been particularly frustrating for me to not be able to progress the way I should. In the last months I've been asking myself what to do; either continuing struggling in a sort of creative limbo or just move on to something that my creativity asks for. I've looked into other creators perspectives on the matter, what they do when they get creative blockage, either because ideas don't come or because they lack the proper discipline. Not only 3D content creators but also painters, writers, musicians. Most advice given points towards one direction: follow your creativity wherever it leads. Forcing yourself to create something that doesn't easily come only results in bad work and self-frustration. I know that this is a personal flaw of mine and I'm taking a stand: I don't want to stall and I want to move forward.

I’m putting this game on hold. I have no idea when I’ll get back to it. I’ve asked Tlaero to send me the script for the first few scenes of Chasing Beth, and I’ve started rendering those images. The flow has been totally different and I've been progressing in just a few weeks almost the same amount I've done for SW this whole time.

I know this is disappointing, and I’m sorry to have let you all down.

Mortze

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
This feels like a case of overambition, aside from their Elsa-verse games, every other project these two have made is either put on hold or abandoned
That is incorrect. Tlaero and Mortze have seven completed titles together, more than any other two or three devs I could name combined. Mortze has another two completed titles in Pandora and Warrior's Heart. I am unaware of any project that either dev has started that wasn't completed. Ep1 is a completed title and plays as a stand alone AVN. Was it intended to be the first episode of a trilogy, yes. However, this SW parody was something Mortze did mainly to occupy his time after Tlaero had retired. Retirement did not suit Tlaero particularly well (as one who retired due to disabilities over a decade ago can attest, it is f:censored:ing BORING!!!) and when she returned to create AVN's once again with a marvelously brilliant story, Mortze came back to work with her again. Their current WIP project, Toro 7, is rather spectacular, quite possibly the best work this dynamic duo has ever created. THAT is why Eps 2&3 of the SW parody have been delayed indefinitely.

I mourn this choice with all of the rest of my fellow fans who desperately want to see the completion of this trilogy. I said as much in my recent post on the Tora Productions Discord section for this title/trilogy. It is possible that we may never see the completion of this trilogy. That breaks my heart as I want to see the completion of this story as well. However, this is NOT a case of poor management. This is a case of Mortze being exceedingly bored after the retirement of his long time development partner, Tlaero, and him branching out on his own to create a story he both wrote and rendered. Warrior's Heart is the result. If Tlaero had not grown bored of retirement and decided to come back to work, we might likely already have the completion of the trilogy. However, we would be missing out on the genius story and superior renderings of Toro 7 which is as intricately woven as it is fabulously rendered. Mortze mastered the Ren'Py engine making Warrior's Heart. He has now perfected those skills making Toro 7. With Tlaero's brilliant story telling and Mortze's glorious renders and Ren'Py skills, Toro 7 is their finest AVN to date. I am still hopeful that Mortze will return to this trilogy project. He hasn't counted it out as impossible, just not a priority at this time... so... we wait... and, hope... ;)(y)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
This feels like a case of overambition, aside from their Elsa-verse games, every other project these two have made is either put on hold or abandoned
you are partially right, mortze maybe bit too much with this but tora productions has many completed titles AND ONLY 1 abandoned, https://f95zone.to/search/267661518/?q=tora+productions&c[title_only]=1&o=date

this isn't abandoned either, if mortze had stopped in the middle of ep1 or ep 2 then this would been abandoned.

will this continue someday? that's unknown. maybe if tiaero and mortze together finish this.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
This made me think of Darkness Falls and that it was much too long ago I re-read it (including the continuations). So your comment served some purpose at least.

4.60 star(s) 129 Votes