Ren'Py Sweet Times [v0.18.9.1] [SLG-Dev]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Phil, I'm not going to pretend that this will improve everything in the game or anything, but as has been mentioned before, I think there is too much delay between automatic frame progression in the game. If your scene transitions were only 1–2 seconds (instead of 5 seconds), frame transitions/fades (within the same scene) were only maybe 1 second, and timing between frames for animations were more like 500ms, gameplay would be much smoother for players. Speeding these up would make it feel much more like actual movement of the characters, whereas now it feels a lot like individual slides on a 1970s classroom projector.

I really like the renders, so please don't misunderstand. I also am interested in where the story goes from here. (I also smirked at the fourth-wall breaking while waiting for Libby.) But the closer you can get things to feeling like recorded real-life video, the greater the number of people will tend to be who find the erotic scenes enjoyable. I think you're doing well so far and look forward to the progress you make with this game.

Reactions: -DEV-Phil-

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Phil, I'm not going to pretend that this will improve everything in the game or anything, but as has been mentioned before, I think there is too much delay between automatic frame progression in the game. If your scene transitions were only 1–2 seconds (instead of 5 seconds), frame transitions/fades (within the same scene) were only maybe 1 second, and timing between frames for animations were more like 500ms, gameplay would be much smoother for players. Speeding these up would make it feel much more like actual movement of the characters, whereas now it feels a lot like individual slides on a 1970s classroom projector.

I really like the renders, so please don't misunderstand. I also am interested in where the story goes from here. (I also smirked at the fourth-wall breaking while waiting for Libby.) But the closer you can get things to feeling like recorded real-life video, the greater the number of people will tend to be who find the erotic scenes enjoyable. I think you're doing well so far and look forward to the progress you make with this game.
Long delays may have good intentions but I also find them to be somewhat annoying.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
As always, thank you for all the comments.

But I must say I have made a big mistake

I am a salesman in real life and if my customer has misunderstood something then it is because I have not expressed myself correctly.

So it is here too, it is not the fault of the people who do not like this, but it is my fault because I did not put it right.

I will continue to hold on to the couple of the toilet, because I find here can accommodate something in a side story that you do not see so often in other visual novels and the idea behind it I find very good even if that was never my kink.

But I have to build the whole thing so that it comes across better, since it was never my fetish, I also did not understand how it is best for someone to experience.

Actually I wanted to work on the GUI but now I will revise the toilet scene. Because the idea I had behind it is very good but the implementation on my part was bad.

And since I was very proud of Vic's first chapter but still the toilet scene is a controversy here, this is now revised but this could take one to two weeks until the new version is ready.

And thanks to those who have given me here tips there were a few very good things and of which will be one or the other in the game

Greetings phil
Wow, I appreciate your honesty and my respect for you just got higher. All the best dev and sorry for the drama by me in this thread because of that toilet scene lol.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Danery

Jan 10, 2018
Well, wow! I play 3dxchat long time and my nick there Libussa, but everybody call me Libby. Though it's not even a name - but in this game seems one of character named Libby.... im confused ))))))

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
i have more errors then pics ! fix ?
I literally had 0 errors when I replayed again from the beginning. Are you using old saves? If you are, they could very possibly be causing the errors you're seeing. You'll want to start a new game.

If you're not using old saves, can you attach the traceback.txt file (in the main folder of the game, so not in the \game subfolder) to your reply? Also, if you can save right before an error (try rolling back if possible), save your game there and then attach that as well. Phil (the developer) looks at this thread, so maybe he can help you out.

DukeNoviSad

Jun 12, 2021
I literally had 0 errors when I replayed again from the beginning. Are you using old saves? If you are, they could very possibly be causing the errors you're seeing. You'll want to start a new game.

If you're not using old saves, can you attach the traceback.txt file (in the main folder of the game, so not in the \game subfolder) to your reply? Also, if you can save right before an error (try rolling back if possible), save your game there and then attach that as well. Phil (the developer) looks at this thread, so maybe he can help you out.
play game first time from start ! game click for next pic game show me next pic and have error click ignore have 10 new errors or show me next 10 pics for 1 sec and give me error ! my playing is pic error pic pic error error error pic error pic can`t play like this :( i will try again from start

Shenaniganzz

Jun 4, 2017
I'm very tolerant of the sandbox style games, but this one is not among them. Most of the good ones have a visual interface taking you from room to room, place to place. Having to breadcrumb your way around a house is intolerable and should be avoided. Also, when I get outside, there's no place I can find to click to get back inside.

These are great renders, but it's weighed down by the clunky interface.

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
i have more errors then pics ! fix ?
Hello,

do you play on mobile or on PC ? I can create mobile versions for older phones, that's the only explanation for me since the current mobile version is only for newer phones.

i have not had any error messages in the public versions.

I'm very tolerant of the sandbox style games, but this one is not among them. Most of the good ones have a visual interface taking you from room to room, place to place. Having to breadcrumb your way around a house is intolerable and should be avoided. Also, when I get outside, there's no place I can find to click to get back inside.

These are great renders, but it's weighed down by the clunky interface.
This game is still in the early stages of development, I am currently reworking the controversial toilet scene.

An interface and hint system are in planning, but I want to do it my way and keep it minimalistic, but it will come

Long delays may have good intentions but I also find them to be somewhat annoying.
I've read this a few times now, I often test the game in auto mode, but since not everyone has my speed settings I think this is something I should look into.

---------------------------------

What I would like to express here but for all once again.

This is my first project, I am still fully in the learning phase, but I think that I show as in everything in my life that I do this with the greatest possible dedication.

If someone doesn't like something that's totally ok, and if you have a tip on how I can make something better, tell me.

That can make the game better for you and everyone else and help me develop myself and my skills.

And don't worry i'm working feverishly on the toilet scene and i'm curious how the next version will be received. i hope to have it ready by next weekend.

Greetings
Phil

DukeNoviSad

Jun 12, 2021
this game is full of bugs ! my first playing had more errors then pics ! start again from beginning nd game crash to main menu after this image !

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
this game is full of bugs ! my first playing had more errors then pics ! start again from beginning nd game crash to main menu after this image !
Attaching that image does nothing. Attaching the traceback.txt would have been helpful. I encountered zero bugs myself...
I also found no problems. What version of the game are you using (compressed, Android, etc.)? What is the specific error you see? Saying "stuff doesn't work" is really unhelpful.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
windows not compressed version ! after that image game crash to main menu !
You should be able to find a traceback.txt file in the main game directory (so, not the \game folder). Can you attach that to your reply? What version of Windows? Ren'Py is generally not demanding, but if you're using Windows XP or something, you really need to get a new version.

DukeNoviSad

Jun 12, 2021
You should be able to find a traceback.txt file in the main game directory (so, not the \game folder). Can you attach that to your reply? What version of Windows? Ren'Py is generally not demanding, but if you're using Windows XP or something, you really need to get a new version.
where you live on Mars ? who use XP ? XP don`t have support for programs last 3 years ! use windows 10 64-bit !

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes