Ren'Py Sweet Times [v0.18.9.1] [SLG-Dev]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Milf looks weird in some renders, sometimes she looks hot as fuck and then other times she looks like shes had too much botox.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
My big problem is english as you have already noticed, i use google translate a lot therefore some reads very robotic
Dont know what your native language is, but if it is supported (most major languages are) I recommend this translator:

It is WAY better than the google translator and even helps to understand/learn englisch ^^
When you click on the translated text you can change parts and it will rearrange the text to fit the new phrase.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I'm not so sure about that freeroam idea. If it's only a restricted, occasional one like in Badik, that could work, but if you make this into a sandbox one, you might tank the whole thing.

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
I'm not so sure about that freeroam idea. If it's only a restricted, occasional one like in Badik, that could work, but if you make this into a sandbox one, you might tank the whole thing.
This is interesting...

Should i leave it more liniear, a story from point a to point b ?

What speaks against a sandbox ?

I would be very interested in feedback, what you guys think are the pro and cons ?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
This is interesting...

Should i leave it more liniear, a story from point a to point b ?

What speaks against a sandbox ?

I would be very interested in feedback, what you guys think are the pro and cons ?
There's several reasons why people are against sandbox now.

1.: There's those who are just stay away from sandbox because of this and that reasons by default, for them a change from VN to Sandbox after a few versions is equals a ruined gameplay, usually rightfully so. It's better to settle from the beginning on the game being a vn or not, avoiding the backlash later.

2.: Sandboxes are usually grindy, repetitive, and they only serve to extend the gameplay without meaningful content, or hid content behind the numerous maps, which also extends the gameplay but will irritate people on the long run. See Indecent Desires for examples, ever since that changed into a sandbox, it's a shithsow. There's also Foot of The Mountains, which is an utter grindfest and many avoids it now.

3.: From a storytelling point of view, it doesn't matter which one you're using. You can make both of them relatively non-linear if you wish to do so, just make some girls or routes optional without them being a requirement for the main story. It's different in structure and style, but ultimately you do the same thing in both cases.

4.: Sandbox games often offer illuisonary choices, not real choices, and not everyone a fan of that either.

5.: Some developers have the misconception of sandboxes being endless, meaning they don't have to close it properly. Well, that's not true, as far as the main story is concerned, it needs a closure too, the difference is that you'll have repeatable radiant side quests after the game is finished.

There are games with occasional freeroam sections, like Being a DIK, My Real Desire, or No More Secrets and it works there because it's restricted and only happens on occasion. There's also the DeLuca way, or Inceoton which is sandbox but the events are placed in an order, and to progress you'll have to play one or another to go any further, which basically makes it a much more linear storytelling having the freedom facade.

Reactions: -DEV-Phil-

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
https://f95zone.to/threads/killer-project-v1-07-02-popsex-studio.48423/ is the only type of sandbox I like. Linear and no grind.

https://f95zone.to/threads/simple-days-v0-6-0-mega-lono.61893/ changed to sandbox and the posts make an interesting example of what happens when some vns change in that direction. Personally was a fan til i tried it as a sandbox. I took it off my list.

I'm not telling you what to do but giving you my opinion and two examples. Best of luck
There's several reasons why people are against sandbox now.

1.: There's those who are just stay away from sandbox because of this and that reasons by default, for them a change from VN to Sandbox after a few versions is equals a ruined gameplay, usually rightfully so. It's better to settle from the beginning on the game being a vn or not, avoiding the backlash later.

2.: Sandboxes are usually grindy, repetitive, and they only serve to extend the gameplay without meaningful content, or hid content behind the numerous maps, which also extends the gameplay but will irritate people on the long run. See Indecent Desires for examples, ever since that changed into a sandbox, it's a shithsow. There's also Foot of The Mountains, which is an utter grindfest and many avoids it now.

3.: From a storytelling point of view, it doesn't matter which one you're using. You can make both of them relatively non-linear if you wish to do so, just make some girls or routes optional without them being a requirement for the main story. It's different in structure and style, but ultimately you do the same thing in both cases.

4.: Sandbox games often offer illuisonary choices, not real choices, and not everyone a fan of that either.

5.: Some developers have the misconception of sandboxes being endless, meaning they don't have to close it properly. Well, that's not true, as far as the main story is concerned, it needs a closure too, the difference is that you'll have repeatable radiant side quests after the game is finished.

There are games with occasional freeroam sections, like Being a DIK, My Real Desire, or No More Secrets and it works there because it's restricted and only happens on occasion. There's also the DeLuca way, or Inceoton which is sandbox but the events are placed in an order, and to progress you'll have to play one or another to go any further, which basically makes it a much more linear storytelling having the freedom facade.

Thanks in advance for the opinions and...

....i hate minigames, i don't want to click something 200 times only to see a nip or something else.

So no Minigames !

A system in which you have to earn money I can not stand, so you pull a game only in the length.

I try to explain how I imagined the whole thing:

i have a story for each character a big story for the whole game but each character has his own world his own problems.

The open world or sandbox I would see as a purpose to let the player choose which one he wants to experience.

To start stories from different points. The stories will often be in conflict or have common ground with others, but if someone doesn't like Mel, for example, I don't want to force them to make out with Mel for an hour and then finally get Vic laid.

You want to know what's going on with Libby? you talk to her in the kitchen you go get something to eat at the diner you meet a new character so you can go to the diner the next day and talk to her and see what's going on with her or you don't do that.

I hope you understand what I want to say
I have a red line for the main story, but i feel like telling so many little stories. some characters start out small, but they might play a big role.

and really no minigames whoever builds them ...okay don't want to offend anyone.

Many greetings
Phil

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Thanks in advance for the opinions and...

....i hate minigames, i don't want to click something 200 times only to see a nip or something else.

So no Minigames !

A system in which you have to earn money I can not stand, so you pull a game only in the length.

I try to explain how I imagined the whole thing:

i have a story for each character a big story for the whole game but each character has his own world his own problems.

The open world or sandbox I would see as a purpose to let the player choose which one he wants to experience.

To start stories from different points. The stories will often be in conflict or have common ground with others, but if someone doesn't like Mel, for example, I don't want to force them to make out with Mel for an hour and then finally get Vic laid.

You want to know what's going on with Libby? you talk to her in the kitchen you go get something to eat at the diner you meet a new character so you can go to the diner the next day and talk to her and see what's going on with her or you don't do that.

I hope you understand what I want to say
I have a red line for the main story, but i feel like telling so many little stories. some characters start out small, but they might play a big role.

and really no minigames whoever builds them ...okay don't want to offend anyone.

Many greetings
Phil
Sounds kind of ambitious. Regardless of what you chose or how you chose to do it I wish you luck. I play very few sandboxes but some players love them. If you can pull off your plan I think I would still want to play (as you describe it). Again good luck no matter your direction

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
Sounds kind of ambitious. Regardless of what you chose or how you chose to do it I wish you luck. I play very few sandboxes but some players love them. If you can pull off your plan I think I would still want to play (as you describe it). Again good luck no matter your direction
Yes it is but if it was easy everyone would do it :) okay at the moment everyone makes a VN.

It's a big project that I have in mind but I've had a lot of fun for almost a year now learning how to do it and seeing it get better and better.

What I've gotten just in the last few days for feedback shows me that I'm on a good path, of course you can not make everyone happy and I will not try - so no Dickgirls please stop asking.

I just do not want to force anyone, just give the opportunity to maybe go to the lady who serves drinks and see if you make it into her panties ;)

And every man's dream to build a harem and take over the world

1dqdnt.jpg

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Here's an F95 drinking game: take a shot for every overview you read that starts off with "Your are a young man."
And, there is one shot for Sweet Times.

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
Here's an F95 drinking game: take a shot for every overview you read that starts off with "Your are a young man."
And, there is one shot for Sweet Times.
Yes i am like most of the other DEVs a young man developing this and as much imagination as i have i don't want to put myself all the time in the mind of an 80 year old grandmother on the hunt for young men

Sorry for that but here are certainly more games that are different and something for you is certainly also there ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Yes i am like most of the other DEVs a young man developing this and as much imagination as i have i don't want to put myself all the time in the mind of an 80 year old grandmother on the hunt for young men

Sorry for that but here are certainly more games that are different and something for you is certainly also there ;)
Hey, I ain't complaining about the premise, kid. Just wondering if there is a universal "build-a-vn" template you dudes are sharing.
Just ribbing ya, by the way, boy. Hoping the best for you, and your game.

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
Hey, I ain't complaining about the premise, kid. Just wondering if there is a universal "build-a-vn" template you dudes are sharing.
Just ribbing ya, by the way, boy. Hoping the best for you, and your game.
Hey all just kidding,

writing from your own perspective is of course easier in the beginning, but i have set myself the goal to try it from the female perspective as soon as i have a reasonable framework and know what i'm doing.

;)

Reactions: The Wicked One

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Hey all just kidding,

writing from your own perspective is of course easier in the beginning, but i have set myself the goal to try it from the female perspective as soon as i have a reasonable framework and know what i'm doing.

;)
All joking aside, I am, actually, playing your game now, and I gotta say, you DO know what you're doing. This is awesome! Couple of text-errors, here and there, but nothing a good editor cannot fix.

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
All joking aside, I am, actually, playing your game now, and I gotta say, you DO know what you're doing. This is awesome! Couple of text-errors, here and there, but nothing a good editor cannot fix.
Thank you, that makes me especially happy to read from someone who has a critical eye on it.

The feedback here has really given me another push.

Thanks to all that have commented so far

Reactions: Punto
2.90 star(s) 11 Votes