Ren'Py Sweet Times [v0.18.9.1] [SLG-Dev]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes
Jan 15, 2019
Hi everyone, On behalf of the Dev, let me thank you all for trying the game and all the feedback, it'll be really useful.
Not everything is set in stone so some things might change later.
I won't answer all the question as even I don't know all the answers so I'll let him handle most of them.

What I can already answer:
- It's not the same Sweet Life as the one made by FRLGames, see it as Sweet Life Game or SLG
- Spelling mistakes are plenty but it's getting better. I do/did some proofreading but I'm not a native english speaker myself. That also explain why sometimes some part can sound strange. The Dev is currently looking for a professional proofreader for the game.

Thank you again for the feedback ;)
So most of these developers need a native English speaker to proof read the game AFTER the bilingual person translates it. A person that translates can get the general idea of what should be said while a native speaker should be able to correct the spelling and slight grammar mistakes that are made. BTW that ass is very Thicc :)

Jan 15, 2019
Hi i am phil

The so called developer of this little game.
I see you have a lot of questions

First of all:
The version that was uploaded here is a bit older and was not yet planned for the upload here.
The first version of the prologue is scheduled for this weekend, You've seen maybe 50-60% now.

I was a little afraid of posting something here because there are many very good projects here and I actually have no idea what I'm doing and so far I've taught myself everything about writing and rendering.
My big problem is english as you have already noticed, i use google translate a lot therefore some reads very robotic

Now to questions:

Incest:

Yes, an incest version is planned, i have to rewrite the story a little bit but i'm working on it.

Protagonist:

I had the idea that it could be interesting to design something like this from two perspectives, male and female.
At the moment i'm focusing on the male version, but that will be a big point in the future to be able to play as a female character but please don't expect this too soon

But no Dickgirls - I can't explain that to my girlfriend when she sees me working on my pc - Strapon ? YES !

What i would like to say is i really have no background in programming or 3d artwork, every day i learn more about programming and rendering
so i will always make improvements, also to existing parts of the game

I didn't have THIS text proofread
So you can read how bad my english is.
If you know someone who likes to proofread something like this, please let me know, I pay for proofreading.

Take a look at the discord or ask further questions here

Now I can’t hide anymore

And I noticed that with the name very late and I don't want to step on anyone's feet, I just haven't come up with anything better jet

Greetings phil

Edit:
i would like to thank Mulato very much for his help so far
Further to my previous post I'd like to give proof reading your work a try. Send me a message.

Jan 15, 2019
small complaint - I can't read the dialog, th colours don't contrast against the background enough. Maybe you could put in text boxes?

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
small complaint - I can't read the dialog, th colours don't contrast against the background enough. Maybe you could put in text boxes?
Hello and thank you for the offer, at the moment, many people have offered their help, too many for me to choose one now.

May i ask which version you played, mobile or pc ?

I have adjusted the opacity of the text boxes maybe a little too much

Greetings
Phil

Reactions: Punto
Feb 15, 2018
I try to explain how I imagined the whole thing:

i have a story for each character a big story for the whole game but each character has his own world his own problems.

The open world or sandbox I would see as a purpose to let the player choose which one he wants to experience.

To start stories from different points. The stories will often be in conflict or have common ground with others, but if someone doesn't like Mel, for example, I don't want to force them to make out with Mel for an hour and then finally get Vic laid.

You want to know what's going on with Libby? you talk to her in the kitchen you go get something to eat at the diner you meet a new character so you can go to the diner the next day and talk to her and see what's going on with her or you don't do that.

I hope you understand what I want to say
I have a red line for the main story, but i feel like telling so many little stories. some characters start out small, but they might play a big role.

and really no minigames whoever builds them ...okay don't want to offend anyone.

Many greetings
Phil
You might want to look at Sisterly Lust, as it gave the options to focus on who you wanted, while keeping a linear VN. Not sure if it's how you'd want to go, but it's an option to keep variety and choices without going sandbox.

Feb 15, 2018
By the way, I enjoyed the story so far, and look forward to seeing more. My only disappointment was being forced into something sexual with the only character I have absolutely no interest in. Still, well written and nice graphics.

Reactions: Valeck

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
By the way, I enjoyed the story so far, and look forward to seeing more. My only disappointment was being forced into something sexual with the only character I have absolutely no interest in. Still, well written and nice graphics.
Hey thanks for the feedback,

actually sisterly lust is the first VN i played and then had the idea to try this.

About the thing with mel I do not want to reveal too much here remains to wait for the next version ;)

Greetings
Phil

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
The game seems interesting and renders too,we'll see how it progresses the story, it's a short prologue to really say something, but what I can say is that I didn't expect that style of clothing for the Mc hahahaha, I think it caught me off guard.

20210215_212411.jpg

Good luck to Dev with the next updates

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nixo and DanThaMan
Jul 5, 2019
This is interesting...

Should i leave it more liniear, a story from point a to point b ?

What speaks against a sandbox ?

I would be very interested in feedback, what you guys think are the pro and cons ?
Personally I am not a fan the Sandbox tag, I have yet to play a sandbox game where I felt it was anything but a detriment, as other have said, they can feel very grindy if they are actually trying to add gameplay (gaining affection or skills or money or whatever through repeating the same actions over and over again), or feel very pointless if it's just hunt around on a map for the next story trigger. I just like to kick back and let the story roll in.

I can sort of see their appeal from a creative standpoint, it must make some things on the story side a little simpler. Not always having to have a transition from each scene to the next, having side stories seem more self contained and not forced to fit into everything else, and easier to show the passage of time, but it always feels like it grinds everything to a halt for me.

That all said looking forward to seeing where this one goes, and best of luck!

Jan 15, 2019
Personally I am not a fan the Sandbox tag, I have yet to play a sandbox game where I felt it was anything but a detriment, as other have said, they can feel very grindy if they are actually trying to add gameplay (gaining affection or skills or money or whatever through repeating the same actions over and over again), or feel very pointless if it's just hunt around on a map for the next story trigger. I just like to kick back and let the story roll in.

I can sort of see their appeal from a creative standpoint, it must make some things on the story side a little simpler. Not always having to have a transition from each scene to the next, having side stories seem more self contained and not forced to fit into everything else, and easier to show the passage of time, but it always feels like it grinds everything to a halt for me.

That all said looking forward to seeing where this one goes, and best of luck!
Only 1 good sandbox game i've played so far is Timestamps, all the rest that I can remember sucked (grind, grind, grind). I keep on trying new ones to see if they're any good though. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. I like the idea of sandbox just without grinding. Just thought of another decent one, betrayed. So it's possible, just rare.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Sandbox is very difficult for new dev because you are still learning the game mechanics then on top of that have to manage the GRIND while also ensuring the story is actually following a route instead of being an mess of tasks without any order or logic. It's just too much things to manage before we even begin to think about a consistent update time.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Mel is giving me some serious Tina from Something Special vibes (not a good thing) and really hoping things don't go the same way.

Valeck

Aug 16, 2017
Some of the girls are really good but I hope in the future we have options each we pursue.
I would have liked an option to turn Mel down since she doesn't interest me a single bit, all this "boy" talk
is a huge turn-off for me.

Xabder

Feb 10, 2021
interesting game so far. im really looking forward to the upcoming episodes (y)

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
I just Uploadet the next Verion on my Patreon and itch.io

For you it´s a smaler Update for me it was Big ;)

Here are the changelog:

-I have adjusted the version number, since we are only at the beginning and the fun is just starting now
-Additional content in the prologue, this is now prologue-story technically completed as I wanted it to be
-Freerooming was added (The largest part of the update from which you see the least)
-Mel's sex scene can now be skipped
-Colors for names adjusted
-Text box darkened, For better readability (Textbox redo planned for the next version)
-Small adjustments for overlapping images
-In this version everything was proofread again so it should be better now

I am curious how the changes and new passages in the prologue are received

!!! Please start a new game to see all the changes !!!

And what`s Next ?

Now that the freerooming system is installed, I can continue working on the story.
In the next update we put the focus on Libby this will then be for the story a much bigger update
Further I ask you to tell me what I would like to have afterwards
More insights into VIC life ? or rather something new about MEL ?

Greetings Phil

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikedazz1

Xabder

Feb 10, 2021
I just Uploadet the next Verion.

For you it´s a smaler Update for me it was Big ;)

Here are the changelog:

-I have adjusted the version number, since we are only at the beginning and the fun is just starting now
-Additional content in the prologue, this is now prologue-story technically completed as I wanted it to be
-Freerooming was added (The largest part of the update from which you see the least)
-Mel's sex scene can now be skipped
-Colors for names adjusted
-Text box darkened, For better readability (Textbox redo planned for the next version)
-Small adjustments for overlapping images
-In this version everything was proofread again so it should be better now

I am curious how the changes and new passages in the prologue are received

!!! Please start a new game to see all the changes !!!

And what`s Next ?

Now that the freerooming system is installed, I can continue working on the story.
In the next update we put the focus on Libby this will then be for the story a much bigger update
Further I ask you to tell me what I would like to have afterwards
More insights into VIC life ? or rather something new about MEL ?

Greetings Phil
i'd definitely like to know more about vic :love:

Reactions: -DEV-Phil-

Deleted member 1906916

Jan 1, 2020
for 0.15 looks like he just change the prologue . So if i was u wait for the next update. If u want to download u need to start a new game. 2021-03-06.png

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 11 Votes