4.20 star(s) 83 Votes

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
I have been away on another country without my laptop for a few days and just came back, sadly as if my luck was cursed every time I tried accessing this site or Ci-En from my phone it seemed like every wifi network from the airport's to the hotel's I was staying at were 'privated' enough they blocked them because of 'explicit content', lol. Just caught up and see there's been a lot of talk, probably because Fujino hasn't updated yet, but well, 7 days left for September to end so not much more to wait for at this point.

I agree but the original discussion wasn't about whether he improved or not. The original discussion was about "Do parody games only work when you have seen/played the original source material." and my argument was no, since you don't need to watch or play Fate, Chainsaw man or SAO to enjoy any of the games he has made about them.
I do think that it helps but i don't think its a requirement to enjoy any of his games.
Also, I wanna say I half-agree with this argument, while knowing the source material can help 'enhance' the experience somewhat, Fujino makes the game's setting distinct/unique enough that you can play them without knowing it at all and still enjoy them, hell, in some ways you may enjoy it MORE actually, as I mentioned ages ago as someone that actually likes SAO and knows the source material quite well I have pointed out countless of things where Fujino clearly either didn't remember/care to remember at all to write in the plot which create massive plot-holes you only notice if you know the series, all of which only exists to enhance the 'NTR' feeling of the game (Like Suguha's whole Canon plot somehow not having happened despite him implying the Fairy Dance Arc happening with that 'nightmare' Kirito had of Oberon fucking Asuna, which besides not making any sense only served for the purpose to allow Suguha to get 'NTR'd and for Kirito to not know Leafa so she can get further "NTR"d more in the second part in VR too). So I would actually say that having minor or not real knowledge of SAO (Or just hating the characters a lot I guess XD) helps enjoy the game way more.

Reactions: MeepMoop123

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I have been away on another country without my laptop for a few days and just came back, sadly as if my luck was cursed every time I tried accessing this site or Ci-En from my phone it seemed like every wifi network from the airport's to the hotel's I was staying at were 'privated' enough they blocked them because of 'explicit content', lol. Just caught up and see there's been a lot of talk, probably because Fujino hasn't updated yet, but well, 7 days left for September to end so not much more to wait for at this point.

Also, I wanna say I half-agree with this argument, while knowing the source material can help 'enhance' the experience somewhat, Fujino makes the game's setting distinct/unique enough that you can play them without knowing it at all and still enjoy them, hell, in some ways you may enjoy it MORE actually, as I mentioned ages ago as someone that actually likes SAO and knows the source material quite well I have pointed out countless of things where Fujino clearly either didn't remember/care to remember at all to write in the plot which create massive plot-holes you only notice if you know the series, all of which only exists to enhance the 'NTR' feeling of the game (Like Suguha's whole Canon plot somehow not having happened despite him implying the Fairy Dance Arc happening with that 'nightmare' Kirito had of Oberon fucking Asuna, which besides not making any sense only served for the purpose to allow Suguha to get 'NTR'd and for Kirito to not know Leafa so she can get further "NTR"d more in the second part in VR too). So I would actually say that having minor or not real knowledge of SAO (Or just hating the characters a lot I guess XD) helps enjoy the game way more.
Are you happy or disappointed you were gone and missed nothing?

• Haha
Reactions: Animefan_09

Kazuto123

Jun 5, 2023
Yeah but you know about SAO and its premisse, an dhow Kirito and Asuna area couple, a real one not the common romcom BS where they don't even hold hands.
Kazuto and Asuna in the LN and anime walk hand in hand, but not always. Because there is a different culture there, the Japanese do not show in public that they are a couple and hold hands. Plus they don't kiss in a public place yet
Sorry if I misunderstood, but I understood that you wrote Kazuto (Kirito) and Asuna do not hold hands in the anime and LN. I read LN and I know it

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Kazuto and Asuna in the LN and anime walk hand in hand, but not always. Because there is a different culture there, the Japanese do not show in public that they are a couple and hold hands. Plus they don't kiss in a public place yet
Sorry if I misunderstood, but I understood that you wrote Kazuto (Kirito) and Asuna do not hold hands in the anime and LN. I read LN and I know it
No i mean that they act like a couple, kissing, holding hands, etc. While most shonen couple struggle to even hold hands or admit they like each other.

Kazuto123

Jun 5, 2023
No i mean that they act like a couple, kissing, holding hands, etc. While most shonen couple struggle to even hold hands or admit they like each other.
I once read on a website that Japanese people are shy, showing their faces in public, holding hands, kissing, etc. Once a person wrote that it's the fault of Europeans, that Japanese people are shy. Yes, most couples from other anime do not show it as much as the couples Asuna and Kazuto. Especially since Japan has a different culture than in your country and in my country, Poland. I recommend you read a little about Japanese culture, and how they make love to each other in a public place.
A person once explained to me: Well, not entirely with shyness. It's simply a matter of culture that private matters remain private. But unfortunately the problem with the Japanese is that it was us, the Europeans, who brought this "shyness" to them. And unfortunately, these are historical facts where you can read that the Japanese believed that their island was the child of the sex of two gods. They had (in fact, they still have, although it is now dying out) penis cult. They seriously built statues of the penis because they believed that since man was created by the gods and they had the tools to create man, they were half gods.
Personally, I believe that European culture had, unfortunately, a destructive influence on Japanese culture. Precisely for shyness or the deepening of taboo topics.

But you certainly can't take away from them the fact that, despite everything, they still have an interesting culture, worth exploring beyond just anime and manga.
Moreover, in Japan it is considered perverted and disgusting to hold hands and hug each other.

Are you a fan of Kazuto and Asuna? I love the couple Kazuto and Asuna very much. I read SAO LNs, and I also like watching SAO anime

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
I once read on a website that Japanese people are shy, showing their faces in public, holding hands, kissing, etc. Once a person wrote that it's the fault of Europeans, that Japanese people are shy. Yes, most couples from other anime do not show it as much as the couples Asuna and Kazuto. Especially since Japan has a different culture than in your country and in my country, Poland. I recommend you read a little about Japanese culture, and how they make love to each other in a public place.
Yeah, but i am talking about the despiction of couple in manga and anime, mostly shonen but others too, even when they are in private they act like that, i like SAO and Asuna and Kirito as a couple because we see them interacting like a couple without the dumb cliches we normally see.

Although lately that is changing little by little i think.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Well think of it like this: there is some chance there will be an update this weekend (since it the last weekend of the month), and if not then next week hopefully before friday, so you came back just in time xD
Yeah, that's what I meant, on the one hand I'm a bit sad I still gotta wait for the next update, on the other I'm happy I didn't have to go through 3 pages of Spoilers of the new content :p (Or just a few comments on it before closing F95 and going to play it before coming back lol)

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
Well think of it like this: there is some chance there will be an update this weekend (since it the last weekend of the month), and if not then next week hopefully before friday, so you came back just in time xD
Hopefully it is not a notice saying he needs more time to fix a issue so the update will be delayed and everyone please understand. That happened a lot before. :(

Yeah, that's what I meant, on the one hand I'm a bit sad I still gotta wait for the next update, on the other I'm happy I didn't have to go through 3 pages of Spoilers of the new content :p (Or just a few comments on it before closing F95 and going to play it before coming back lol)
Understandable. Personally I would like the update to be ready for me when I come back. It is like coming home to a present!

MeepMoop123

Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully it is not a notice saying he needs more time to fix a issue so the update will be delayed and everyone please understand. That happened a lot before. :(
It could also happen that things might still be a bit buggy. Fujino has said that he is working on the combat for the game so i wouldn't be surprised if there might be some issues with it. RPGM doesn't really like adding to many effect to combat whiles staying stable, so adding a varity of animations to it can be finicky at times.

That doesn't mean that its the case tho, the next notice could also just be the next update.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Lets not jinx it xD, how was the superstition to ward off bad luck? Throw salt over your shoulder? Lets all do that xD

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
Lets not jinx it xD, how was the superstition to ward off bad luck? Throw salt over your shoulder? Lets all do that xD
True enough. The next post should either be the release date or delay announcement. Until we get something anything is possible. Of course if the dev just drops the update without notice, I would not complain.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
True enough. The next post should either be the release date or delay announcement. Until we get something anything is possible. Of course if the dev just drops the update without notice, I would not complain.
....he has done that too xD, i mean technically he already posted a notice so he can just drop the update xD

4.20 star(s) 83 Votes