Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Sylphia Island v.08.
users having problems to use the <enter> key on their virtual keyboard, can now use the <Ok> button within the input screen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Great work as always, thanks for the port!

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
+1 for Serra and Celeste :giggle:
Their stories are keep getting interesting, i even like the characterization for Vivian and Mr.Nakoni whom really care for the girl's well-being
And after hearing (or should i said "read" instead? Lol) Vivian's words, i just hope this game will ended with consensual polygamous route, call me greedy but i love all of them, yet at the same time i dont wanna to rip anyone heart apart :ROFLMAO:

As always, keep up ur great work, man!

here is my unofficial android port of Sylphia Island v.08.
users having problems to use the <enter> key on their virtual keyboard, can now use the <Ok> button within the input screen.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Great and fast as always, thanks so much, mate! :D

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
@glacerose : For whatever reason, my save from 0.7.5 has left me unable to do anything on the map except to go home. I haven't dug through the code yet, but I'm guessing that there are some booleans somewhere like "accessNiteClub=False" that need to be True. If you're willing, I'd like to just fix it in the console, if you provide the variable names.

Thanks!

Reactions: Glacerose

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
@glacerose : For whatever reason, my save from 0.7.5 has left me unable to do anything on the map except to go home. I haven't dug through the code yet, but I'm guessing that there are some booleans somewhere like "accessNiteClub=False" that need to be True. If you're willing, I'd like to just fix it in the console, if you provide the variable names.

Thanks!
Try Cafe = 1, and NatureTrail = 1 :)
And strange that the save wasn't automatically working, I apologize for that.

Reactions: mysterious stranger

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Thanks!
There isn't exactly hours of content in the game atm, So best bet is to just start a new game it shouldn't take you to long to get to the point you left off, for most games still in dev I always start a new game when there is a content update.

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
Thank you! Worked like a charm.

I know this particular game would be fairly quick to run through again, but many people here prefer to just play new content, and glacerose is putting a lot of effort into making saves work from version to version. Many other devs put no effort into it, and I often end up skipping half a dozen versions before revisiting the game.

The updates on this game are short, but very frequent, and I really appreciate glacerose's effort to provide a nice episodic experience. Awesome work!

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Thank you! Worked like a charm.

I know this particular game would be fairly quick to run through again, but many people here prefer to just play new content, and glacerose is putting a lot of effort into making saves work from version to version. Many other devs put no effort into it, and I often end up skipping half a dozen versions before revisiting the game.

The updates on this game are short, but very frequent, and I really appreciate glacerose's effort to provide a nice episodic experience. Awesome work!
Hey there, glad to hear it worked! Hope you enjoyed the new content, and thanks for playing :)

Reactions: Exnaruto07

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
glacerose said:

Good Evening both patrons and followers!

The release schedule of future Sylphia Island updates is going to have a overhaul for future updates. To facilitate the release of larger content updates, versus several smaller updates coming weekly, future releases are set to be biweekly, instead of every sunday they will be every other sunday.
The amount of content in each update is not set to change, and will likely increase slightly given the more lenient release schedule. As one day is usually set for bugfixing and optimization, I can now do that at the end of the two week schedule to the mass of content versus having two separate days of it each week for each small update.

What this means for you?

You can look forward to larger, more impactful content updates to be released biweekly. Both in story, extra events and in revamping what already exists as with the UI update in v.08.

As always, if you are concerned or have any thoughts about the game, feel free to message me either here, on F95 or on reddit u/Glacerose.

V.085 is under development, and will include our first look into Lillian's backstory, stay tuned friends.
So larger updates biweekly instead of weekly, Sounds good to me.
I can't wait for the v0.085 release and Lilians backstory content, I'm loving this game so-far and hopefully it will only get better in future updates. Keep up the good work glacerose :)

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
So larger updates biweekly instead of weekly, Sounds good to me.
I can't wait for the v0.085 release and Lilians backstory content, I'm loving this game so-far and hopefully it will only get better in future updates. Keep up the good work glacerose :)
Thank you Hones, means a lot :) And yes, I hope the larger updates will be better, and users will only need to download every 2 weeks instead of a new 350~ Mb download weekly, just seemed to make more sense.

Reactions: Hones

Blargher

May 2, 2018
Yeah I'm fine with waiting an extra week for a bit more content and more bug tested. All things considered been surprised how fast you work on the updates and how little issues (least I have come across) with each update. So little time to test and yet still substance in each update. I've seen games update once every blue moon that have like half the content you've put in, in the last like 3 weeks combined. So biweekly seems fine, gives you time to polish things more and also add a bit more. Wouldn't mind seeing an event from now on for each girl instead of just half or so on. As in most cases I'm guessing each player has a "Favorite" girl. Unlike most games to me though I like all the characters, usually there's a character or two in a game that I just can't stand. So disappointing in a game when that character is the star of a month+ update. lol

But as I said this game is different in that manner and is updated much more frequently. Even biweekly is pretty fast for what I've seen. So do what you need to do, and just keep it up!

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Yeah I'm fine with waiting an extra week for a bit more content and more bug tested. All things considered been surprised how fast you work on the updates and how little issues (least I have come across) with each update. So little time to test and yet still substance in each update. I've seen games update once every blue moon that have like half the content you've put in, in the last like 3 weeks combined. So biweekly seems fine, gives you time to polish things more and also add a bit more. Wouldn't mind seeing an event from now on for each girl instead of just half or so on. As in most cases I'm guessing each player has a "Favorite" girl. Unlike most games to me though I like all the characters, usually there's a character or two in a game that I just can't stand. So disappointing in a game when that character is the star of a month+ update. lol

But as I said this game is different in that manner and is updated much more frequently. Even biweekly is pretty fast for what I've seen. So do what you need to do, and just keep it up!
Hello Blargher, thanks for the response :)

I appreciate all the nice comments, it does make me feel great to read that people like the game.

I'll do my best to work every girl into every update, as I like their stories to progress together, I want at least in part for it all to be one parallel story and not 5 just completely different unconnected stories, if the girls are all living together it would be unrealistic that you'd never have overlap. At the least, I dont plan on having any single update thats solely one girl.

Not to ramble, but id rather have people have to wait a little longer, and be genuinely excited to see where the story goes rather than trickle a little every week and just have my updates be another small thing.

Thanks for always commenting, I'll have more updates soon on whats coming in the next update. Since its biweekly now I plan on having more teasers.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Thank you Hones, means a lot :) And yes, I hope the larger updates will be better, and users will only need to download every 2 weeks instead of a new 350~ Mb download weekly, just seemed to make more sense.
I enjoy the start of this game until now, thanks for the game. If you are worried about the size of the game in near future you could have a talk with for example @Palanto from the Wicked Choices team or Phillygames from Depraved Awakenings. They use patches where you only need to download the updates and seem quite open to sharing some info.

Reactions: Palanto

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
I enjoy the start of this game until now, thanks for the game. If you are worried about the size of the game in near future you could have a talk with for example @Palanto from the Wicked Choices team or Phillygames from Depraved Awakenings. They use patches where you only need to download the updates and seem quite open to sharing some info.
Thanks for the information! If I start approaching 1GB I'll definitely message them and see what can be done as far as patches. And glad you enjoy the game so far. :)

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

Qtyaelgar

Jan 6, 2018
Thank you for working on this game, it's getting better and better.
Although, the protagonist feels a bit too touchy-feely with the girls at the start, hugging them abruptly and stuff when barely knowing them, but after that the pacing of the story development of the girls feel just fine.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Thank you for working on this game, it's getting better and better.
Although, the protagonist feels a bit too touchy-feely with the girls at the start, hugging them abruptly and stuff when barely knowing them, but after that the pacing of the story development of the girls feel just fine.
Thanks for playing. :) I do see where you're coming from, its possible when I do a house keeping update I'll go through and change some of those hugs to a hand on the shoulder or something similiar to slow the pacing down. Thanks for the criticism :)

4.70 star(s) 23 Votes