Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Seen that you up thumbed Havik79's response Glacerose, might you divulge what plans you may be leaning towards as far as what effects Relationship Level and Story Level may ultimately be in future versions of the game?

Wasn't sure if Story Level was just to keep track of where we are at in each girl's story line only or if it may possibly impact other things as well such as combat abilities, etc.?
Story level yes, is solely to track where you are in the their story. Relationship level will in the future be tied to optional events like dates and sex scenes.

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
Cool, thanks for the responses both of you.

So are we under any pressure or time constraints to perform certain actions in the game within a certain time frame or are there any repercussions such as losing Relationship Levels with a character once we've built them up if we start ignoring them by not interacting with them for so long or possibly missing out on a character(s) altogether?

If not, ultimately it seems like we would just be better off building up all their Relationship Levels first before ever starting any of the story line choices otherwise?

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
The relationship points do nothing, so right now no there is no rush, and even still there is a fuck ton of chances to earn points, you just sit and hang out with them once then simply skip it a few more times to rush the points, and it is only for side stuff not main story, and there is no character blocking, if you hate Celeste that is it, you do nothing with her, she won't stop you from being with someone else.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Cool, thanks for the responses both of you.

So are we under any pressure or time constraints to perform certain actions in the game within a certain time frame or are there any repercussions such as losing Relationship Levels with a character once we've built them up if we start ignoring them by not interacting with them for so long or possibly missing out on a character(s) altogether?

If not, ultimately it seems like we would just be better off building up all their Relationship Levels first before ever starting any of the story line choices otherwise?
It is - as far as I have played it - the usual sandbox fare in this regard: you can go at your own pace, collect points and advancements as you go along in (almost) any order you like, you can dawdle around while achieving nothing. So you can play the way you prefer it.

(All information of course is subject to change as the development goes on, but I doubt this will.)

Nov 11, 2019
It's unfortunate it's something that prevents you from enjoying her content, but, as the girl with the exhibitionism kink, she wants to be seen. No issues with the beach event where she loses her top and parades her tits in public?

I can appreciate wanting to urge a dev to cater to what you like or prefer in a game, but I think if your problem is with other people seeing her naked, it would require too fundamental a change to the character, personally.

The camgirl thing fits her personal kink, and I feel like it should stay in, but that's just my opinion. I just feel it's important for people who support the content in a game that others are asking to be removed to also speak up, so that the Dev has a clear idea that there are people on both sides. You are, of course, entitled to your own tastes.
It's tragic honestly... off the top of my head there have been 3 instances where my favorite girl ends up being a camgirl and it hurts my soul every. damn. time. :ROFLMAO: To answer your question though the beach event did in fact bother me. I figured that was also covered in the " I'm sorry but I dont want other people seeing my girl naked" So I didn't call that out specifically :LOL:

Also I have to disagree with that trait being "fundamental" because it was literally only 2 scenes so they could easily be altered or removed. For example she could of easily made the video specifically for MC and I would of been way more happy. But as you said, that's just my opinion as well. I would like to point out, I really appreciate that we can have a civil discussion even though we have a difference of opinion.

Reactions: travin213

temmcgee

Jan 3, 2019
It's tragic honestly... off the top of my head there have been 3 instances where my favorite girl ends up being a camgirl and it hurts my soul every. damn. time. :ROFLMAO: To answer your question though the beach event did in fact bother me. I figured that was also covered in the " I'm sorry but I dont want other people seeing my girl naked" So I didn't call that out specifically :LOL:

Also I have to disagree with that trait being "fundamental" because it was literally only 2 scenes so they could easily be altered or removed. For example she could of easily made the video specifically for MC and I would of been way more happy. But as you said, that's just my opinion as well. I would like to point out, I really appreciate that we can have a civil discussion even though we have a difference of opinion.
Not here to yuck your yum or tell you what to enjoy/how to enjoy it, but I do think that if the first two main story scenes for a character involve public nudity and/or performing for an audience, it is probably a trait that is fundamental to the character as envisioned/written by the dev.

Nov 11, 2019
Not here to yuck your yum or tell you what to enjoy/how to enjoy it, but I do think that if the first two main story scenes for a character involve public nudity and/or performing for an audience, it is probably a trait that is fundamental to the character as envisioned/written by the dev.
True, that's a very good point. But the point I'm making is it isn't too late to change it either. I noticed a few people seemed to share my sentiments. I'm not at all saying majority rules but I was just asking for consideration.

Something to note, when I play games I tend to do the side quests before I advance the main story. I might have gotten attached to Lillian before I found out the fetish and that's probably why I feel the way I feel.

• Angry
Reactions: ann87ra

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
True, that's a very good point. But the point I'm making is it isn't too late to change it either. I noticed a few people seemed to share my sentiments. I'm not at all saying majority rules but I was just asking for consideration.

Something to note, when I play games I tend to do the side quests before I advance the main story. I might have gotten attached to Lillian before I found out the fetish and that's probably why I feel the way I feel.
Just remember, sharing is caring.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019

temmcgee said it pretty much as well as I could - both the fact that you're absolutely entitled to feel the way you do about the content, and about why it seems like a fundamental trait to me.

No game can be all things to all of us, though. I am also very glad we can have a civil discussion about it. There are a lot of times I've tried to do just that, and the other party wasn't willing. It's nice to interact with someone who's alright with disagreeing.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Rockstar_Rules

If you were saying majority rules, well ... a minority so far have expressed a preference for her to not be a camgirl. Just because few people have spoken up in defence of that choice doesn't make them part of a minority. The majority have not stated their opinion and it's impossible to say on which side the majority falls.

What rules here is the characters being who Glacerose wants them to be. Listening to players about character attributes and story content risks the game becoming a mess, because you'll rarely get all the players to agree. I remember the discussions about how some people didn't like Celeste being a tsundere character. If it were up to me I'd change the way Serra speaks. But it's not up to me.

I also do see it as too late to change now, since it involves retroactively changing the story as already played by many. Story revisions of this type in content already released are problematic on multiple levels. You risk annoying those who liked the story how it was; you render many existing saves no longer compatible; and if the story revision is in response to a few people asking for it, you open yourself up to more requested story changes. Not something to do lightly.

So I get why you feel how you do and that's valid. But I don't think it's a strong enough reason to change anything. And I'm not just saying that because I have no problem with her being a camgirl.

We should all feel free to express our opinions. Anyone who wants to improve at what they do should welcome criticism. But criticism which relates to someone's personal preferences is particularly tricky.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Lillian is my favorite main girl and I agree her personality seems to be exhibitionist. It seems a part of her nature. That said I would like to have her intimacy be for only me. Even if we do it in public or on her cam show as long as they only watch and I get all the touching/otherwise I would keep her as my fav.

Reactions: travin213
Nov 11, 2019
temmcgee said it pretty much as well as I could - both the fact that you're absolutely entitled to feel the way you do about the content, and about why it seems like a fundamental trait to me.

No game can be all things to all of us, though. I am also very glad we can have a civil discussion about it. There are a lot of times I've tried to do just that, and the other party wasn't willing. It's nice to interact with someone who's alright with disagreeing.
Now that I agree with

Rockstar_Rules

If you were saying majority rules, well ... a minority so far have expressed a preference for her to not be a camgirl. Just because few people have spoken up in defence of that choice doesn't make them part of a minority. The majority have not stated their opinion and it's impossible to say on which side the majority falls.

What rules here is the characters being who Glacerose wants them to be. Listening to players about character attributes and story content risks the game becoming a mess, because you'll rarely get all the players to agree. I remember the discussions about how some people didn't like Celeste being a tsundere character. If it were up to me I'd change the way Serra speaks. But it's not up to me.

I also do see it as too late to change now, since it involves retroactively changing the story as already played by many. Story revisions of this type in content already released are problematic on multiple levels. You risk annoying those who liked the story how it was; you render many existing saves no longer compatible; and if the story revision is in response to a few people asking for it, you open yourself up to more requested story changes. Not something to do lightly.

So I get why you feel how you do and that's valid. But I don't think it's a strong enough reason to change anything. And I'm not just saying that because I have no problem with her being a camgirl.

We should all feel free to express our opinions. Anyone who wants to improve at what they do should welcome criticism. But criticism which relates to someone's personal preferences is particularly tricky.
What I meant by majority was just the people who reacted to my post in particular. But basically I was just trying to say I'm not trying to bully the dev into any changes (Not that I could). I was just sharing my experience and was hoping to be heard regardless of the rules.

Like you stated you can't make everyone happy. Thank you for not blaming me for hoping things fall in my favor even if you don't agree per se.

I guess I just over think things... Like I legit think about those guys seeing "MY" girl naked and it makes me jealous to be completely honest. But that's because immerse myself into the game, if it was a "fuck it fap" then things like these wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Nov 11, 2019
Lillian is my favorite main girl and I agree her personality seems to be exhibitionist. It seems a part of her nature. That said I would like to have her intimacy be for only me. Even if we do it in public or on her cam show as long as they only watch and I get all the touching/otherwise I would keep her as my fav.
I guess I just take it a little further than you do. To me even a girls naked body is intimate. So naturally I don't want them looking either :LOL:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Rockstar_Rules
I think that this always is an important point: a dev's gotta do what a dev's gotta do. While personally I don't subscribe to "sharing is caring" (a nice slogan though :) ), this is Glacerose's game, he knows the characters and he has an idea about how he should go forward. Sure, there are certain questions you can ask patreons or others, but if you already have an idea and then start adapting it to something else in an important place, you risk losing coherence and the natural flow of the story. Remember that most devs are enthusiasts, not professional writers, which will increase the effect. And in my opinion a game "made to specifications" instead of letting it "flow naturally" will only make it worse.

Never mind that almost whatever you do, there will be those who would have preferred it otherwise. And switching back and forth would not go over well with many as well, regardless of where you're coming from and where you're changing it.

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
Hey Dev question time. Went to Affinity at Afternoon time slot,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
leave, and get back home it's Night. So it skipped over Evening having done so. This may be normal to skip ahead two time periods when going out about time, I'm not sure because Affinity is the first location I have opened that I can actually visit about town.

So, reloaded my save and waited until the Evening to visit Affinity instead this time around, did the exact same event as above, leave and get home and it's again Night at this point. So, why does visiting it in the Evening not skip two time frames whereas visiting it in the Afternoon does? Shouldn't visiting it in the Evening result in skipping your Night ability and should just force the MC into his room to have to sleep or just straight sleep instead?

Doesn't seem like the game is being consistent here as far as this is concerned is all, to me anyway.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

This reminds me of the little of a little scene in the latest De Luca Family update. Two characters (not unlike the gravediggers of Hamlet) who have a heated discussion about a movie they just watched. One character was angry because the director refused to make the movie he had envisioned and felt very strongly that movie makers should make movies according to his ideas.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I think many of us immerse ourselves in games, but some take an approach of "it's fantasy, things I dislike with real women I am open to here" and some don't. This is all good, provided views are presented in a respectful manner (as I believe has happened here on both sides.)

But on the subject of exhibitionism: I find it a turn on in real life. I would never want another man sexually touching a woman I'm with (not even to flirt.) A woman, maybe. The idea of other people being sexually excited by her, and her in turn enjoying showing her body, that's hot. I'm not sure how I'd feel if she was just doing it for the money; probably I'd be okay with it but it would be less exciting knowing she's not really into it.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Sorry to interrupt the cam girl discussion, but I wanted to share my favorite screenshots of my V2 playthrough.

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes