Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It started as a response to you and then it wasn't so I deleted the quote. Though my thought filtering abilities are complete shit and I usually notice things like that after I hit the post button.

I'm sorry you felt targeted it wasn't the desired intent, it does read that way, and I was generally speaking after that poop emoji. The paying thing was reserved for the people that don't pay and bring nothing else to the table.

I do foresee a good bit of backlash from people on Steam too, I don't remember who mentioned that earlier but I don't think that crowd knows about the upcoming changes yet. So that should be interesting.

I understand the not using Patreon/SS... but if you were on the Discord you'd be able to see what Glace is up to with the redesign stuff because he shares stuff constantly especially at the 'start'. What I see is him correcting a bad series of choices that led him to something he couldn't maintain. I don't think he's currently setting himself up for failure here, more of the opposite.
Okay, no harm done. The "quoted then deleted" probably was by the notification system only as "quoted, didn't check what happened then", so is triggered by you hitting the quote button, not by having QUOTE="cbsx" in the text. Which may be useful information. Cuppa Joe?

Anyways, I will assume that Steam will be a different matter and can make average ratings tank, since the mindset will be different. On Steam you usually assume to buy a product (even if in early stages now) unlike Patreon where - at least in principle if not in the minds of all - you support a process and the artist doing it. But I may be wrong. It also is hard to say how many people will be "Steam Only" without having exterior knowledge (dev's pages, F95, similar stuff).

Yeah, not having as many reservations against Discord would be fine, in theory I am in two groups there, just don't like this "always on" stuff, and even if you aren't the visibility. Missing a lot of information. (That there will be blood, ehm, assholes, is obvious, it still is the internet after all.)

But again, I am afraid the question that will be asked the most is not so much "is he good at what he's doing?" (He certainly is) but "Will he progress past a certain point". Which is not answered by the new renders so far.

Alshainn

Mar 12, 2018
I really didnt like the new designs of characters and i will probably stop playing if this happens. Celeste and Gracie was my favorite characters on this game especially i loved the Gracie both model wise and personality wise but if green hair old model will gone i will be gone too but good luck with the game if this is developers choice.

HyperionX

Sep 18, 2018
Not really an active poster on F95, but this time ill speak up, Glacerose keep doing what you're doing in the end its YOUR project and not the ones throwing a temper tantrum because you changed their fav girl. Sure i almost did throw one my self when i first saw the new design of the girls, but now that i've actually taken a good look at them? They are basically back to their previous state! And if i could i would support the game without a doubt! (maybe in the future i hope!). But most importantly.. DONT LET THE HATERS BRING YOU DOWN! You're one of the few top tier devs on F95 IMO!

PS. You rock!

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Alex looks barely out of college here, I know her model hasn't changed much. However, I think the styling upsells her young looking features. Unsure if that is good or bad.

Celeste having a cut to her braids is nice, the bleach hay/blonde looks a bit on the faked/bottle blonde side. Shirt in the upper sleeve area is so baggy. It doesn't have to be skin tight, but also that is more like sweat clothes baggy instead of going out shirt baggy.

Gracie's hair feels a bit too voluminous and long, I like her loose braids, but I also wonder if someone who is so much in nature is going to have hair that long and so easy to snag on branches.

Lillian is fine with no fucks given and lazy, but she took time to dye her hair. That seems opposite of lazy, no fucks given. I do wonder why she is using the color that has always been associated to Serra, though.

Serra I would have never guessed it was her since she lost her Asian look which was pretty defining to her, with also removing her "friendo" quirkiness, I have to wonder if this is Serra anymore or just a different character with the same name, that would be better off named something else.

-----

One thing I hope most games take on is how TP: The Class Next Door has characters change outfits almost every day. Like normal people do, which unlike most VN's don't.

Anyway, keep doing what you are doing.

weirddude94

Jan 12, 2018
If there's anything to take away from this, it's that people are mostly just upset they won't get a game featuring the old designs. I really liked how colorful everything was (it was a unique selling point honestly). I see people saying things were getting too big and I didn't really mind that, I was interested in meeting and interacting with a bunch of the new characters. I would've just made this new thing a separate game and considered not killing the dream of what was had before. Not really sure how that would work, given workloads and everything, but I fully understand where the irritated people are coming from.

The people who say the new designs aren't bad are correct, they do look good. I'm personally just glad I didn't fund this game for any real length of time because I'd feel like I just spent a ton of money on months of excitement to support a project with a really unique style lose that style to be normalized into what many others are working on. Would not have been a problem if the old didn't exist, but it does and it's a loss.

I'll still check in, but I'm nowhere near as excited as I had been before. I was looking forward to progressing with the existing characters as well as some of the newer ones, like the princess and a couple of the guild members. Oh well.

DudeGuy69

Mar 27, 2018
I don't post here much, but I think more people being heard might matter in this case. I'll keep it brief.

I don't like the new designs, I got pretty invested in the old designs. I feel like the old designs serve the game better, but that could basically just be sunk cost fallacy. However, I definitely couldn't picture the original designs into other games, I definitely can with the new ones. For me, that's bad. It might not matter to others.

Lastly, it is your game. If you're not happy making it, it'll never get done. I'd rather see it finished than abandoned. If these designs are the only way you'll enjoy finishing the game, that's fine. If you have any other drastic changes you feel you need to make, do them now. You're going to get a lot of friction if you go through with this I think, better to get all of the rough stuff through at once.

Reactions: Sweet Force

PunkHooligan

Onion Ninja
Donor
Aug 10, 2020
Didnt like new design as well. Girls were pretty cool, I've got used to them and now it's like completely another characters. Sht tonn of work, but you've decided, as the other user mentioned, fix what isnt broken. It's your game and I wish you good luck.

Reactions: Sweet Force

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
Well, fuck. Searched the game today to check on update status and saw the changes. Guess I can stop waiting for updates since I hate every change made and don't give a tinker's damn about the looks of any of them now. Way to go. May as well unwatch this now.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Changes are fine with me. I always thought the hair colors were goofy anyways, but I accepted them because of the overall quality of the models.

jackaaa

Jul 22, 2018
I really didnt like the new designs of characters and i will probably stop playing if this happens. Celeste and Gracie was my favorite characters on this game especially i loved the Gracie both model wise and personality wise but if green hair old model will gone i will be gone too but good luck with the game if this is developers choice.
Idem, i'll stop playing, the old design was just perfect, however i wish good luck to dev

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes