lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
The redesigns are great. At this point, the main issue is not the character changes, but the fact that this is what? the third or fourth time the dev reworks the game? This creates an insecurity if, after a few updates, the dev will decides to rework the game again. It would be nice if, in addition to introducing the new visuals, he made a statement saying that now the big changes are over and that he will now finally finish the game.

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
Oh, cool. Still would look perfect with that tail, I think. Maybe just for the Nekomimi form. Well, it's Glacerose's decision of course. Though in that image above, it really doesn't look like Lillian has much pubic hair, if any at all.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Glacerose
  • The new look Alex is really good. She looks more mature and super hot.
  • Celeste looks great in her non-succubus form. I'll reserve final judgement on the other form once I see more renders but I didn't think she looked great in that picture.
  • I really don't like the new Gracie. She's still attractive but she's now very much not my type. I'm sure there will be many who disagree.
  • New Serra is super cute and adorable, but looks like the type of girl who can be ultra sexy when she wants to be. I'm not into the ears and tail thing but for her I'll get past it.
  • I still think Lillian would look much better without the fringe cut, and overall I'm not as into her, physically, as I was the original version. But her Technomancer form looks badass and sexy.
In physical attraction context, Celeste has held third (which she previously shared with Gracie, neither wanting to be fourth) Serra has shot way up to second, and Alex continues her reign at the top. Lillian and Gracie, sadly, are now fourth and fifth respectively.

But I'd rather you're happy with how they look than making them exactly what I want. Three that I find really attractive, with a fourth who might not immediately get my attention but once I spent some time with her I'm sure I'd feel differently, and only one I don't really like, is about where it was before (with Serra being where Gracie is now.)

I hope now you can focus on making the rest of the game how you want it to be and this time it satisfies you. I recognise the criticisms some have made about never being satisfied and that's something to be careful of. It's important to like what you're doing and care about doing it well, but not get caught up in trying to make it perfect.

kalibugan

Feb 15, 2021
shit looks fuckin good from what i've seen, no sex scenes yet and still no fights. Really liking the blue haired girl(short haired girls really gets me going).

Can you add an option where mc's face doesn't pop up on the dialogue box? I like to self insert and since I'm not white, it can get pretty immersion breaking. I don't mind the cgs in game since i know its impossible to alter it this far in the development but being able to toggle off mc's face popping in on the dialogue box would be pretty great.

Last edited:

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
Well lads, here he goes again.
Glacerose dropped the final redesigns for the girls and ... that's something, I will let you judge for yourself
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Was on the fence when I saw the first round but you've pulled it back the girls look great. This may have been answered before but have their personalities changed any? If they have I'm hoping not very much. Is Celeste a succubus now or are her looks just inspired by that? Am confused. Anywho, keep it up looking forward to seeing where we go in the future.

Hoplow73

Dec 10, 2020
I hate the character changes and the game play. I enjoyed the original game which was different from other games. Unfortunately Glacerose can't formulate and stick to a design. It's not a VN anymore, it's an rpg and not a well executed one.

I stopped supporting and deleted the game. Seriously...abandoned the first game and relaunched it with a different engine. The faction and combat system wasn't developed to the point where you actually fought something and now revamping it again. 3 different looks to the characters because he wasn't happy with the first 2 tells me he doesn't know what he wants, doesn't have a clear direction and doesn't know how to execute a game.

When they mature as a developer and stick to a concept and finish something I'll look again.

Eliza

Oct 3, 2017
definitely better than last set of redesigned previews... i was on the verge of giving up tracking this game at all. Those previous redesigns felt like they lost all of their unique style and charm. Part of me is still attached to the first set of released daz3d models, but I do think these most recent redesigns are an overall improvement. They've settled into a better zone between barbie-ish plasticness and more detailed realism, and its good they feel more differentiated (tho they stood out against models compared to other Daz3d games, they did look someeeewhat generic against one another, before), so, yeah all good.
Anyways, I normally wouldn't have commented, but I wanted to ask about/point out something I find weird tho. Depending on the angle the characters look slightly inconsistent? like alex's face looks rounder and chubbier in the second render compared to the first. Gracie's head looks too small for her hair in the first render, but looks pretty good in the third render. so wondering are these just kinks from... some process of redoing images separately maybe, or am i just crazy/ its a visual illusion, and the models are consistent? cuz to some degree depending on which images reflect the redesigned models more accurately, my opinion on them wavers to a somewhat.
Otherwise, long as I'm sharing my thoughts, there's still something just... minutely off with Lillian's hair I think. I'm curious to see how the changes to Celeste will affect my opinon of her. I don't kno how I feel about bitchy types. I always thought of her as more... bratty than bitchy before. Last thought, wondering are we sure only these characters are getting a redesign? There were a loooooot of characters introduced all at once in the last iteration of the game. It would be a miserable wait if we had to go through everyone. Can we get a confirmed no more? I felt like all the characters before fit in appearance wise as part of the same game pretty well, I hope the game still feels consistent that way with these changes.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Seeing how many developers have gone through this, learning, starting work, improving their style, and being unhappy with the earlier work, I think when I make the game I have in mind (multiple polyamorous protagonists), It's going to start a bit as an anthology. Having the characters telling their story at the beginning before they start interacting with each other. I know people don't like a lot of flashbacks, but I hope doing it this way will allow me to start with semi-stand alone modules that I can use to hone my skills.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Seeing how many developers have gone through this, learning, starting work, improving their style, and being unhappy with the earlier work, I think when I make the game I have in mind (multiple polyamorous protagonists), It's going to start a bit as an anthology. Having the characters telling their story at the beginning before they start interacting with each other. I know people don't like a lot of flashbacks, but I hope doing it this way will allow me to start with semi-stand alone modules that I can use to hone my skills.
Dragon59 Does your game will have a female MC option ? And if so a lesbian route ?

Hipper Slime

Aug 11, 2018
Seriously Glacerose do you really wanna keep this game alive or not.?
What have you done with Gracie & Lillian. specially Gracie she used to look like a girl with lots of will power & happiness now she's like gloomy mossy rock.
Don't need redesign just focus on the story
PLEASE

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
The character redesign is a mixed bag, at best, for me as well. However, I do understand where Glacerose was coming from. When it comes to creative endeavours you have to love your creation, or working on things gets harder and harder.

Yes, it's going to mean we have to throw away what we already had, which I was enjoying a lot myself. Yes it's worrisome that the game has been restarted (multiple times if you count Sylphine Island). I don't want to give off the idea that I don't understand the various sources of concern regarding the actions, because I do.

On the other hand, I suspect if Glacerose hadn't done this, we would've been heading down a path to either lackluster work, or an abandoned game.

Now, there are a lot of things about the character redesign that people have said that I agree with. Gracie's redesign could use some work, if you ask me, as some other people have noted. I think of all of them, it's the only one where I feel she really got the raw end of the change.

Maybe there's some middle ground between the changes Glace needs to make for his own sanity, and what people miss about the original designs? I don't think anyone specifically has an issue with the proposed new world concept beyond the fact that it puts the story back at square one (at least I don't see anyone making comments to suggest this) so that's something, at least.

Anyway, the bottom line is that it was a difficult situation, creatively, that caused the chaos, and I think that it's important to keep that in mind.

Reactions: youngethan

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
The character redesign is a mixed bag, at best, for me as well. However, I do understand where Glacerose was coming from. When it comes to creative endeavours you have to love your creation, or working on things gets harder and harder.

Yes, it's going to mean we have to throw away what we already had, which I was enjoying a lot myself. Yes it's worrisome that the game has been restarted (multiple times if you count Sylphine Island). I don't want to give off the idea that I don't understand the various sources of concern regarding the actions, because I do.

On the other hand, I suspect if Glacerose hadn't done this, we would've been heading down a path to either lackluster work, or an abandoned game.

Now, there are a lot of things about the character redesign that people have said that I agree with. Gracie's redesign could use some work, if you ask me, as some other people have noted. I think of all of them, it's the only one where I feel she really got the raw end of the change.

Maybe there's some middle ground between the changes Glace needs to make for his own sanity, and what people miss about the original designs? I don't think anyone specifically has an issue with the proposed new world concept beyond the fact that it puts the story back at square one (at least I don't see anyone making comments to suggest this) so that's something, at least.

Anyway, the bottom line is that it was a difficult situation, creatively, that caused the chaos, and I think that it's important to keep that in mind.
No, what caused the chaos really was that they raised enough fundage to obtain a new rig that allowed them the creative freedom to realize their existing vision didn't match their original vision really is all.

Honestly, my mindset is, they should have just finished what they started this go around as it was their third iteration of the game, finished it and then come out and tell everyone that with their new rig, this game wasn't everything they wanted it to be but the next game they develop will be.

It would have shown to everyone they can actually follow through on what they started for once. They would have a completed game under their belt and know the whole process from beginning to end as well which would definitely help with their next game endeavor.

The main reason for the start over isn't just the difference in updated gallery imaging as much as it was the two worlds creating double the work, from my understanding. That I can see as the primary driver as having to do double the work is going to take twice as long obviously so they thought it best to just start over instead and combine the two worlds this next go around and with the new rig, that also gave them the reason to re-do all of their images but the new imaging wasn't possible without raising the money they had due to so many players being interested and invested in the game's current version at that time. So ultimately the reason this all boils down to is the equivalent of Kickstarter over-fundage really.

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes