View attachment 1389417 View attachment 1389468
View attachment 1389470

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/09/1411304_sylphine_12.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/09/1411306_sylphine_13.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/09/1411307_sylphine_14.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/09/1411358_sylphine_15.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/09/1411360_sylphine_16.gif
i already had quite a difficult time adjusting to the last new designs (as i by far preferred islands designs) this is not helping any in my opinion. i could get the last one as they at least had the same looks as island and then a good story pulled through but with all the new stories and new designs yeah i am not seeing it anymore. this is what ? 7th complete story and design change ? including island that is. for the dev please just stick to one design and story or try and get more devs involved in your story/designs if you cant handle it. the way you are working now will only result in you losing support

Eikichi

Dec 18, 2018
i already had quite a difficult time adjusting to the last new designs (as i by far preferred islands designs) this is not helping any in my opinion. i could get the last one as they at least had the same looks as island and then a good story pulled through but with all the new stories and new designs yeah i am not seeing it anymore. this is what ? 7th complete story and design change ? including island that is. for the dev please just stick to one design and story or try and get more devs involved in your story/designs if you cant handle it. the way you are working now will only result in you losing support
Cmon, why y'all hardwired for negativity? Dev've been transparent so far with his reasons. Just try to give him the benefit of the doubt till you see the new version of the game. It's pretty easy to discourage someone who is still learning and trying to do his best with given circumstances.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Cmon, why y'all hardwired for negativity? Dev've been transparent so far with his reasons. Just try to give him the benefit of the doubt till you see the new version of the game. It's pretty easy to discourage someone who is still learning and trying to do his best with given circumstances.
i know the dev has been transparent and i am not complaining about that like at all. but the fact is if you keep changing things around in small scale no big problem but changes like this not so much. if you look from island all the way to now we have not only had character design changes but the entire story has changed multiple times the worlds have completely changed and now one of 2 worlds is supposedly completely dropped with another story and character design change. there is just nothing left for people to be attached to at this point because it will most likely be changed again in the future. thats why i say take a break rethink what you want to do and stick with it. this way people can connect once more with a story with characters instead of fearing that what they come to love will be taken away again. its not negative its stating facts and giving a suggestion.

Eikichi

Dec 18, 2018
i know the dev has been transparent and i am not complaining about that like at all. but the fact is if you keep changing things around in small scale no big problem but changes like this not so much. if you look from island all the way to now we have not only had character design changes but the entire story has changed multiple times the worlds have completely changed and now one of 2 worlds is supposedly completely dropped with another story and character design change. there is just nothing left for people to be attached to at this point because it will most likely be changed again in the future. thats why i say take a break rethink what you want to do and stick with it. this way people can connect once more with a story with characters instead of fearing that what they come to love will be taken away again. its not negative its stating facts and giving a suggestion.
That's the point of the whole remake from what I see. To change something he was not comfortable with and stick with something he wants to do. And to be fair that's make sense, since original Sylphine was a bit too ambitious with all those brunches.

DaPartyPanda

Jul 3, 2021
This. Pretty much spot on. The issue isn't whether or not the changes are liked. It's the fact that this makes the nth time that it has happened. Speaking as one of the people who has spent money to help support a previous version, the money spent is pretty much now money lost. Because the game wasn't just retouched or separated into a prequel/ch.1 to continue on developing with new toys. It was scrapped and placed back on the starting line. So what all the backers pretty much paid for in the past isn't a game, but an idea. And this isn't to bash the dev or their work, we all have our ups and downs in life so I get it. But that's just facts especially when money is involved, indecisiveness or poor planning is not going to make people happy.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
This. Pretty much spot on. The issue isn't whether or not the changes are liked. It's the fact that this makes the nth time that it has happened. Speaking as one of the people who has spent money to help support a previous version, the money spent is pretty much now money lost. Because the game wasn't just retouched or separated into a prequel/ch.1 to continue on developing with new toys. It was scrapped and placed back on the starting line. So what all the backers pretty much paid for in the past isn't a game, but an idea. And this isn't to bash the dev or their work, we all have our ups and downs in life so I get it. But that's just facts especially when money is involved, indecisiveness or poor planning is not going to make people happy.
thats exactly what i am going for. the many changes will push people away not get more people to like/support the game. i want to see this game done i may not have been a fan of the 24 character design but the story was good i would like to see the finished product... but at this rate honestly it would not surprise me that along the way there is no more interest in the game if these changes keep happening and it should not end up like island. the dev might have a decent amount of talent but planning and decision making dont seem to be high on that list (from what i can see). i happen to know a thing that might help with planning though. there is something thats called campfire is made for worldbuilders to keep everything in easy access. i believe its payed but if it helps it helps.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I do agree that this is the n-th change and it affects the trust in the process. However for "So what all the backers pretty much paid for in the past isn't a game, but an idea." - yes, but that is the very intent of Patreon. You pay so that an artist can do their job. There is no product you're entitled to, no fixed schedule (unless explicitely promised) or similar. You support the dev and his work in general, not the game, and especially not the game with certain characteristics (like "old graphics" or similar). That is the idea upon which Patreon was made.

Reactions: GbolnHunter

DaPartyPanda

Jul 3, 2021
I do agree that this is the n-th change and it affects the trust in the process. However for "So what all the backers pretty much paid for in the past isn't a game, but an idea." - yes, but that is the very intent of Patreon. You pay so that an artist can do their job. There is no product you're entitled to, no fixed schedule (unless explicitely promised) or similar. You support the dev and his work in general, not the game, and especially not the game with certain characteristics (like "old graphics" or similar). That is the idea upon which Patreon was made.
I see what you're getting at with Patreon, but the decision to push for the expanse onto Steam is where I was getting at too. So I stand by what I said. If the dev is pushing to a major platform where it literally is pay to play, when it's clear that they're unsure where they want to go with the game yet. Then that's bad. The game on there pretty much no longer exists yet it's still being advertised with the previous version. While yeah you can say that about doing that on Patreon, Steam (whether it's EA or not) you can't. The only thing people are really looking at is the game, and so far a lot of people still seem to be in the dark about the new update.

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
Thank you, Glacerose for posting the 'final' versions. Gracie does seem much improved over the last ones I saw. I will miss the unnatural hair colours, but, not enough to be upset about it. I look forward to the new release to see how the combined world works, and what the story is like now.
I believe the Dev stated at one time that the unnatural hair colors would make a re-appearance once they switch between their normal selves and their alternate personas. Not sure if that still holds true or not at this time though?

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
I believe the Dev stated at one time that the unnatural hair colors would make a re-appearance once they switch between their normal selves and their alternate personas. Not sure if that still holds true or not at this time though?
you mean if thats still a thing at all. as i heard it that entire second world might get dumped. so who knows what will happen to the story about their powers. hope it will stay though and that this second world will be added once again once the normal world is done. aka its not taken away but just put on pause as a mater of speaking. not that i am expecting anything at the moment duet to the many changes i cant be sure about anything for this game at the moment. all i can do is see and wait hoping it will turn out decent. as much as it sucks that so many changes have been made i still wish the dev luck with the game.

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
you mean if thats still a thing at all. as i heard it that entire second world might get dumped. so who knows what will happen to the story about their powers. hope it will stay though and that this second world will be added once again once the normal world is done. aka its not taken away but just put on pause as a mater of speaking. not that i am expecting anything at the moment duet to the many changes i cant be sure about anything for this game at the moment. all i can do is see and wait hoping it will turn out decent. as much as it sucks that so many changes have been made i still wish the dev luck with the game.
Again, what I remember from Glacerose posting themself, they indicated that the second world itself would no longer be in the new rendition of the game but its elements would be introduced into its one and only world so that any of the elements originally appearing in that second world would now be appearing in Earth's normal realm. Whether that is from the beginning of the game or doesn't occur until some event transpires or what not I've no clue.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
I actually prefer their hair colored and older models. Not complaining, just a bit sad about it.

Celeste just looks so adorable with the pink hair and eyes. The new model doesn't look too bad, but I still prefer the old one.

ss_bba6fec06cb747b74511213b90defb45b415c909.jpg celeste2.jpg

Gracie's old model looks cute, the new one makes it look like she's a boy wearing a wig or just a feminine boy.

Old/New

761331_graciestory_1_12.png gracie.jpg

They just look better like this, to me anyways. Kinda gave me Sailor Moon vibes xD

rF76kP.png

Also, the Dev wants to put in Sprites for the conversations :/ No more first person perspective when talking to the girls. It just seems to me like the Dev should just make it an anime VN game at this point.

Dev: And now the last part of the "mechanic" changes. As you know by playing, the conversations in the game are currently presented in a first person perspective. This means that for *each* mundane conversation I have to have renders for it. Making these assorted renders takes up an obscene amount of time, and most people just click through them anyway. So I am redesigning the game to use a traditional visual novel sprite system.

Welp, I had a fun time playing it. I hope everyone who enjoys the new redesigns and changes for everything else enjoys and has fun with it.

Thailendil

Aug 13, 2021
Are you a female?
- Why do I get asked this so much haha. Does it matter?
As a matter of fact it matters. Overall female characters created by women tend to be better constructed and realistic in my opinion. And the constructions of relationship development are also usually better elaborated. Of course there are guys who also do the aforementioned things very well and women who may not do that well, it's just my personal opinion

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
As a matter of fact it matters. Overall female characters created by women tend to be better constructed and realistic in my opinion. And the constructions of relationship development are also usually better elaborated. Of course there are guys who also do the aforementioned things very well and women who may not do that well, it's just my personal opinion
While that may be true, it does not really matter. The characters are what they are in this game. It may be that beforehand you'd be able to have different assumptions of what may come but here you can see. When I hire a new employee I may look at their CV to check whether they will be able to work well. If I do already know how they work, it doesn't matter anymore whether they've been trained or not, are old or young, or whatever.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tavi13

Behappy69

Nov 3, 2020
I just want to say I loved this game before the changes and Supported it for 5 months. I also joined at the time just before the two worlds became a thing. And after that not much in the way of updates happened and then the game changed and I lost my celeste Pink eyed pinked hair girl and the others changed but I didn't really care about them as much and we won't have two different worlds I am ok with that as well as it seems it would be too much for the dev but. Really no new content and it doesn't seem like it will be coming any time soon. The last time I played this game going by my saved game files is May 13th 2021 That's why I left I really hope the game continues but for me, I couldn't keep supporting it as it is . :cautious: For me, she is the best of the girls and one of the best girls I have seen in any game. :love: The heart eyes are for Celeste like this. I will say Celeste looks good with blonde hair and red hair but this is how she should be for me I can't change my mind on that. 1631290745644.png 1631290681343.png

Last edited:

Behappy69

Nov 3, 2020
Not a fan of the new blonde Celeste, her model is fine, I'd just tweak the hair color to either red or back to pink-if possible.
Hey, I would like to know how you do that as I don't think we can change her eyes and hair colour.?? But I am also just a player not technical in these things it would need to be inbuilt to the game I think for me to be able to do that.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hey, I would like to know how you do that as I don't think we can change her eyes and hair colour.?? But I am also just a player not technical in these things it would need to be inbuilt to the game I think for me to be able to do that.
You'd basically need to re-render every single scene she's in with the different hair colour.

Reactions: jaw1986baby
4.40 star(s) 64 Votes