CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
i was following this one since the MC woke up on sylphia island under a tree and had no memory (and was in honey select mode)...now they have all become orphans in high res 3d models and while they look really nice, i first started noticing the changes when Lillian was dropped like 3 cup sizes! she still had her personality and the 3d model looked nice, so even though i missed her larger chest, she was still the same Lillian. however after seeing those images and seeing how it looks like Lillian is gonna be made completely flat chested it leaves me a bit disheartened.

in the end i realize these games are a work in progress but messing with peoples waifus that they've grown attached to is a real bummer to say the least. lets hope this was just a test model to gauge the community's reaction. (unfortunately i think this is just delusional optimism)

Last edited:
Reactions: User1230 and EZ8lt

Jazzgeoff

Sep 15, 2017
last time I checked back in on this thread was at least a few months ago, are we still remaking the characters, or are we on to game progression now? also is that image a few posts above mine the current builds?

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
last time I checked back in on this thread was at least a few months ago, are we still remaking the characters, or are we on to game progression now? also is that image a few posts above mine the current builds?
This is the most recent version of them.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
wow! i was away for a while as well and i was hoping the change in character models was just an idea the dev was throwin around, but he actually changed em up! they look completely different now! not that they look bad but its just not the same as the girls im used to. oh well! everything changes i guess!

Reactions: $@~

arandomdudelol

Feb 1, 2020
I'm extremely into eye & hair color so imagine how the ...erm... "current" version captured me. All the main girls were absolutely cute and sexy that they stole my heart in no time. Oh wait, the other lads looked so damn fine too. Plus cool animations, magic and stuff. Such WOW!

Just started to believe I've finally found the perfect game for my taste and ...puff... well, it's gone.

Scrolling through the new designs I honestly couldn't feel worse. I know I have no right to demand anything but jeezz... :cry: Somehow each and every thing that drew me into the game are being remade into much more casual concepts. Sigh. Learning the truth that this is probably the 2nd or even the 3rd time you did so was disheartening.

You will eventually dislike the new stuff as well. But somewhere along the line I think you need to stick with what you have and get past the low point to get back to the top, rather than set things up for another downhill.

That's it, I guess.

Apr 24, 2018
I'm not even sure if that's true anymore. I've seen some renders in the discord that were posted more recently and many of the characters have changed significantly, especially Celeste. That being said, I'm not sure whether the renders in the discord are just experiments or actually new changes to the character designs. Although I'd lean more to the latter than the former. Not gonna post them here since I figure if the dev wanted to they would. But, that could just be because they are tired of all the negative feedback regarding the character model changes. :HideThePain:

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
that could just be because they are tired of all the negative feedback regarding the character model changes.
I think the dev does actually care about the feedback since the models have been changing in response to it. Of course the subscribers are far more important than the rest of us here.

packor

Oct 11, 2021
then maybe subs need to be less picky and ask for their model changes in the form of new characters, because, at this rate, the game will never get new content.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
I think the dev does actually care about the feedback since the models have been changing in response to it. Of course the subscribers are far more important than the rest of us here.
yeah Glacerose seems like a pretty good guy/dev. back when the game was still Sylphia Island he was pretty active in the forums back then and would listen to suggestions and things. however, ever since the reboot to the Daz 3d model version of the game it seems he has been a bit less active.

I completely understand that his subscribers/supporters have more say about how the game turns out so all i can do is voice my disappointment with the changes and cross my fingers. in the end its his game and story, so he can make it into whatever he wants. hopefully it wont change so much that those of us who have grown to love the old characters aren't faced with a completely new world and set of characters than what we grew to love from Sylphia Island.

still gonna follow this cause im curious as to how things turn out, but its been a hell of a ride! hope we get an update soon... new character models or old!

Reactions: youngethan

Kygeir

May 28, 2019
I find myself feeling like many others on here. This is feeling more and more like the butchering that was given to Picture Perfect. I can understand someone making upgrades, but this, to me, feels like the opposite. I was drawn to this by the characters, but now, not so much. Maybe I'm wrong, just seems like one more example of patreons fucking up someone's hard work with all their demands and complaints.

I'll stick around to see what happens in the next update, but not going to hold my breath on this.

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Nice to see F95 is still F95in' over here...

Maybe I'm wrong, just seems like one more example of patreons fucking up someone's hard work with all their demands and complaints.
then maybe subs need to be less picky and ask for their model changes in the form of new characters, because, at this rate, the game will never get new content.
You have NO idea what you're talking about. I can guaran-damn-tee you that Glace's changes are his own, no Patron I know of pushed him in this direction. Quite often the opposite actually, and vehemently. :cautious:

He's making his game and he's hoping he'll win people back... after all this settles out.

No amount of whining from F95 users about changes to a game they're only pirating anyway is going to make a difference. Especially not the ones that can't even be bothered to read what Glacerose has posted, in this thread, about his vision for the game and just keep spouting the same platitudes about abandonment and reliability. :rolleyes:

This is one of the many reasons why i'm glad i don't support most of these devs
Yeah, you bring absolutely nothing to the table. Nicely done. :KEK:

packor

Oct 11, 2021
No amount of whining from F95 users about changes to a game they're only pirating anyway is going to make a difference. Especially not the ones that can't even be bothered to read what Glacerose has posted, in this thread, about his vision for the game and just keep spouting the same platitudes about abandonment and reliability. :rolleyes:
read the last post, but thx. Not sure why you even quoted me, I just responded to a claim above me. Reading some dev words didn't change anything, though. Everyone has vision, what matters is whether they can deliver.

And then I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with your post. If it's to complain about people not subbing, good job. If you're trying to actually get people to sub, ya, it didn't work.

Reactions: Valdazz

Kygeir

May 28, 2019
Nice to see F95 is still F95in' over here...

You have NO idea what you're talking about. I can guaran-damn-tee you that Glace's changes are his own, no Patron I know of pushed him in this direction. Quite often the opposite actually, and vehemently. :cautious:

He's making his game and he's hoping he'll win people back... after all this settles out.

Heh, people's feedback bout not liking his changes is now whining? Like the above, I have no idea what you thought you were accomplishing here, but what you did actually end up doing was making this decision easier for me, so congratulations. Now I see no reason to continue following this, and absolutely no reason to ever support it. (y)

Time to ignore thread now. Enjoy. ;)

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
How do you think he's going to win people back, when they're actively complaining about the changes he made? If the vocal majority don't like the changes, do you think they're going to play the game again, despite *NOT* liking the changes? Why would people play a game they have actively vocalized a dislike for? Does that make any sense to you?

It's not pirating if the current update is released for everyone. Has been public since June. Even if it was his vision, doesn't mean people are gonna like it. Criticism is a very valid thing, and if he doesn't wanna take it, that just means people aren't going to play his game. That's how these things go.

Yeah, neither do you.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Just because it's the "Dev's vision" doesn't mean people are going to like it. There's plenty of games out there that don't go anywhere because people don't like the vision the dev is trying to create. If you're gonna be inflexible while trying to sell something to the general public, your product won't go anywhere. In this world (especially in the game market) if you're not willing to listen to feedback, you basically provide a dead product. Glace's discord is a very small, very very small percentage of the total overall playerbase for these games. Discarding criticisms here, in favor of a very small portion of the overall community is exactly why he's in the state he's in to begin with and has to "win people back".

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
If the vocal majority minority don't like the changes ...
FTFY.

People being vocal about things like this (that is, relatively trivial matters that don't impact anyone in any serious way) often think they're the majority. They're usually wrong. Count the number of people who've posted complaints here. Do you really think that's a majority of people following this VN? Is it more than the people who've expressed support for the dev making the game they want?

I don't like all the changes, but I like some. E.g., Serra is far more attractive now - to me - while Gracie is less. I like the new Alex as much as the old one. At least in the one I posted, she's beautiful and sexy, though I think some of the concept renders I've seen on discord push her body size a little more than I usually like. But I trust that if Glacerose isn't making what he wants to make, quality will suffer.

So I may be dissapointed by some of the changes, and by the delay in continuing the story, but I'd rather that and the chance we get something the creator believes in, than something they've pushed out to satisfy people who don't want anything to change.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
One more thing. If you followed the discord discussions, you'd see he has taken note of criticism. Within reason. He isn't ignoring what people are saying, but he still needs to be happy with the results, so "change them back" isn't an option.

Reactions: Dragon59

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
well it seems like this is the stop for me. seeing the last changes made on the discord there is literally nothing left of what once made this game interesting. nothing to recognize anymore. a shame really as this game once showed promise.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Just because it's the "Dev's vision" doesn't mean people are going to like it. There's plenty of games out there that don't go anywhere because people don't like the vision the dev is trying to create. If you're gonna be inflexible while trying to sell something to the general public, your product won't go anywhere. In this world (especially in the game market) if you're not willing to listen to feedback, you basically provide a dead product. Glace's discord is a very small, very very small percentage of the total overall playerbase for these games. Discarding criticisms here, in favor of a very small portion of the overall community is exactly why he's in the state he's in to begin with and has to "win people back".
I've seen some projects that show signs that the developer has given up most of his artistic vision for the sake of keeping the top patrons paying. It usually shows in their work. They may check off all the common boxes, but the life is gone.

I'd much rather support a developer who is following their vision first and foremost, where the patronage is an added bonus, rather than someone trying to grind out a mere product trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator in the pursuit of money.

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes