zandalari

May 4, 2019
He finally posted to patreon.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The real tl;dr is right here:
1. He has wasted the time of other people who taught him to do things he will never use. You don't need snazzy new lighting techniques if all you do is remake the same fucking 5 characters.
2. He changed the characters again, but this time in a very unnoticeable way.
3. He changed the story, but in a way that won't change the story.
4. He will now talk about the game instead of making or releasing the game.

I'd make a joke but nothing will beat him.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022
From his Q&A post on Patreon. Just this little sentence: I must have rewrote this story 10x to make it 'perfect', I kept redesigning characters to make them 'perfect', and kept redoing renders to make them 'perfect'.

If this keeps up you might as well mark this abandoned right now to save time from marking it later. Seriously, there is no perfect. It won't ever be perfect. It will only be the best it possibly can be. If the developer is trying to make it perfect and constantly reworking to make it perfect then it will never be finished. How good it is is in the eyes of the developer but if he never says its good enough then it never will be done.

Another line I thought I was funny:
--- What exactly are your future plans for the game?
Again, it isn't really a satisfying answer, but I plan to update it on a fairly regular schedule once this rework is done, and finish the story.

What is this now? The 3rd rework? 4th? Its been a year since the last update. Its been years since the story actually moved forward. With the mindset I just pointed out above this then this will never have regular updates or ever be finished because the developer will always find something wrong and rework it.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
From his Q&A post on Patreon. Just this little sentence: I must have rewrote this story 10x to make it 'perfect', I kept redesigning characters to make them 'perfect', and kept redoing renders to make them 'perfect'.

If this keeps up you might as well mark this abandoned right now to save time from marking it later. Seriously, there is no perfect. It won't ever be perfect. It will only be the best it possibly can be. If the developer is trying to make it perfect and constantly reworking to make it perfect then it will never be finished. How good it is is in the eyes of the developer but if he never says its good enough then it never will be done.

Another line I thought I was funny:
--- What exactly are your future plans for the game?
Again, it isn't really a satisfying answer, but I plan to update it on a fairly regular schedule once this rework is done, and finish the story.

What is this now? The 3rd rework? 4th? Its been a year since the last update. Its been years since the story actually moved forward. With the mindset I just pointed out above this then this will never have regular updates or ever be finished because the developer will always find something wrong and rework it.
The fact that this mother fucker dev thinks this version of Gracie is 'perfect' should tell anyone with any sense to stop giving this dude money

May 15, 2022
The fact that this mother fucker dev thinks this version of Gracie is 'perfect' should tell anyone with any sense to stop giving this dude money
Don't worry. Once he releases the update he'll do another rework and change her model. Just have patience.

I do agree though. The original models were light years better. Now they are just...bad. If I looked at them without seeing the originals I'd think they were good.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I have not worked with DAZ, but it's all almost as easy as swapping one prebuilt model out with another. It's not like they actually draw them. Iirc, the adult scenes are all first person, and if you do it real lazily, all scenes can also be made gender neutral and use the same poses. That'd be the way to do it if you want to make a casual gender swappable MC. If you're talking about them having completely different scenes, then sure, I don't think they will even be able to make 2.
Yeah no. That only works for scenes where you can't see the MC. Even if you just see the hands ---> new renders because male and female hands are different, every single sex scene has to be done twice (including the animations), once as male and once as female, simple swapping characters doesn't work because of obvious reasons. Its a lot of extra work and rendertime.

Devs who have both in their game had that, most of the time, planned from the start and didn't just get the idea while they were taking a shit.

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
Yeah, still not a fan of that model, but it is better than the version before. Alex, Lillian and Serra also have improved a little, only Celeste seems a little worse to me, but she always was my least favorite character anyway.

Reactions: darlic

hpshi

Jun 21, 2019
i for one don't think that there was anything wrong with the older models, quite the opposite, to me they seemed like an improvment compered to the ones made with honey select and i didn't even dislike those (but the daz models helped me to distinguish between this game and "mythic mansion") all in all i think that a vn game is as good as the story it tells and while a good dev should listen to his fans, he souldn't try to please everyone becouse there will always be someone who don't like it.
i am about 70% sure the dev knows this and is simply shifting the blame here but who knows honestly.. hope the next updates will start to come at a reular pace..

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
i for one don't think that there was anything wrong with the older models, quite the opposite, to me they seemed like an improvment compered to the ones made with honey select and i didn't even dislike those (but the daz models helped me to distinguish between this game and "mythic mansion") all in all i think that a vn game is as good as the story it tells and while a good dev should listen to his fans, he souldn't try to please everyone becouse there will always be someone who don't like it.
i am about 70% sure the dev knows this and is simply shifting the blame here but who knows honestly.. hope the next updates will start to come at a reular pace..
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the original girls, not sure why they changed them TBH

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

hpshi

Jun 21, 2019
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the original girls, not sure why they changed them TBH
and by "original" you mean the HS models? i like them too, however i like the daz version 1.0 better, they looked true to the originals but in better way if that makes sense, these new ones have many flaws as pepole before me noted but i will ignore them if the story is good

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
and by "original" you mean the HS models? i like them too, however i like the daz version 1.0 better, they looked true to the originals but in better way if that makes sense, these new ones have many flaws as pepole before me noted but i will ignore them if the story is good
The ones in the banner and previews on the first page of this thread.
Sylphia Island are certainly HS models, but these ones are Daz

Last edited:
Reactions: hpshi

hpshi

Jun 21, 2019
The ones in the banner and previews on the first page of this thread.
Sylphia Island are certainly HS models, but these ones are Daz
oh so we ment the same thing then, and so i too think a change wasn't needed not for the models and not for the story, surely not one took months of work to see the light of day

Reactions: Hellster
4.40 star(s) 64 Votes