Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
So can we expect the update "relatively" soon-ish? (Don't want to rush anyone)Well, I'm used to waiting anyway, so it doesn't really matter, and sorry if I missed if there was any release date said already.
Im averse to giving release dates because I am horrendous at meeting them, especially with big updates like this where I don't exactly have a checklist of do X, Y, Z things. I'm just going until it feels "complete". But I am almost at that point, and all the big mechanics are finished, the things that take a while to code in and implement.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
And if for some reason it doesn't let you(ran into this issue a few times) just go into the options and select the option to skip unseen text, just make sure you stop skipping before you get to the content you haven't
seen. :LOL:
That of course should work. However, it seems to me that Ren'Py regards any changed line as new, which sometimes leads to the hiccup of 5 skipped lines, 1 where the dev erased a typo stopping the show, 5 skippable lines, rinse, repeat.

And major reworks often do something else which "resets" this skipping feature.

Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020
That of course should work. However, it seems to me that Ren'Py regards any changed line as new, which sometimes leads to the hiccup of 5 skipped lines, 1 where the dev erased a typo stopping the show, 5 skippable lines, rinse, repeat.

And major reworks often do something else which "resets" this skipping feature.
The option to skip unseen text skips all text regardless of if it's old or new, it will continue to skip until there is a choice to be made or until you choose to stop it.

I've used it a few times for when I've had to restart a game for whatever reason but mainly for when the English is poorly translated and hurts my eyes and my brain when I try deciphering it. :KEK:

Nov 24, 2019
do you have any plans to introduce named saves?
Unless Glacerose modified save screen code beyond recognition between 0.01 and 0.02, you should be able to rename the savegame pages.
Where it reads e.g. "Page 1", if you click on it, the cursor should become a text input field in most standard Ren'Py 7.3.5 games.

(Yes, it works on nearly all modern RenPy games with rare exceptions, so it is a handy knowledge to have).

Reactions: Batman187

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Unless Glacerose modified save screen code beyond recognition between 0.01 and 0.02, you should be able to rename the savegame pages.
Where it reads e.g. "Page 1", if you click on it, the cursor should become a text input field in most standard Ren'Py 7.3.5 games.

(Yes, it works on nearly all modern RenPy games with rare exceptions, so it is a handy knowledge to have).
You can indeed still do this

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Or if you are on a computer, you can simply go to the save folder save before picking a guild, copy all the files and then put them into a new folder and name each folder after each guild, then copy back and forth.

Reactions: Batman187

Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020

You can indeed still do this
Never knew this, thank's for the tip, would mean having 4 pages with 1 save on each, but I can work with that. Woul also mean Glacerose can just 4get about the named saves. (y) :LOL:

Or if you are on a computer, you can simply go to the save folder save before picking a guild, copy all the files and then put them into a new folder and name each folder after each guild, then copy back and forth.
This would work, however....I'm a lazy fucker and this would wind me up doing this everytime, so I'll give this a miss ta. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Havik79

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
So you lose and still get fucked, no one is going to ever win a fight now.
In my case, I don't like to lose any battle. I prefer to win them all, even if I lose sex scenes (even more if those scenes seem minimally like a rape, although I don't know if this is the case here)

Ladies choice if you lose, if you win, you pick the scene.
Until now, I've always chosen to avoid post-fight sex scenes entirely. Usually they are scenes of rape (the most common), or of domination, or they are developed in a way that I don't like. I don't know if this will be the case, but still, if I can, it's very possible that I will not see them.

The same thing happens to me with the sleep sex scenes, I never watch them if I can choose. In fact, if they are mandatory, I usually think about whether to continue the game.

Reactions: RustyRug

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Correct, the FULL v.02 will require a restart from any patron alphas. The entire codebase has more or less been redone, and adding the entire combat stuff alone will bork any saves. I am sorry about that, I know it's annoying.
good thing I've only played 0.1

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
If you can tell us, what kind of content is in the play test that's been posted on Patreon? Besides the dream stuff.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I've been waiting for the full release of 0.2 as well, and I figured I'd have to restart for it. It's part of the reason I've been waiting. Didn't want to restart, then have to restart again.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah a lot of us are waiting, if your waiting for sex forgets it, I have played the current alpha and you get one animated nude scene and that is it.
The story is good though, even more, hot babes.

Reactions: Naxos
4.40 star(s) 64 Votes