MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
My comment about the princess thing and Celeste was about Havik79 and his "save the princess" rule, plus his love/hate relationship with Celeste. Celeste absolutely has a thing for the MC, she's classic Tsundere, and very well done.
Don't worry I got the whole princess thing, just wanted to comment about her. Yeah she is a classic Tsundere character and this is coming from playing this for the first time yeserday.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
My comment about the princess thing and Celeste was about Havik79 and his "save the princess" rule, plus his love/hate relationship with Celeste. Celeste absolutely has a thing for the MC, she's classic Tsundere, and very well done.
I didn't really care for Celeste at the start (as a character - cute as hell though), because I knew a girl like her in high school without the redeeming quality of secretly being in love with me :LOL: . Now I just want the MC to plant a kiss on her see her reaction :love:. There was always something appealing about her, but now I'm really interested and care, not just because she's hot. I want to see her happy.

Orzammar

Nov 21, 2017
Having all the places available in a one click away window is a needed QoL in any sandbox in my opinion haha

Reactions: Naxos

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
When I said princess, I meant the real meaning, not the dumb ugly ethot who thinks she is hotter than she is being a cunt demanding subs.

No, I do not have a love-hate with Celeste, I hate that weeb shit, but she did look hot in the update, all in pink with side pigtails.

How many updates has there been, like 6 or 7, I am still clicking on doors.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
When I said princess, I meant the real meaning, not the dumb ugly ethot who thinks she is hotter than she is being a cunt demanding subs.

No, I do not have a love-hate with Celeste, I hate that weeb shit, but she did look hot in the update, all in pink with side pigtails.

How many updates has there been, like 6 or 7, I am still clicking on doors.
Youre still door clicking? That was a whileeeee ago. I switched to the circular buttons but people still ask for a one click thing.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Something i whipped up in a few minutes for those who dislike the button navigation, which seems to be most people. Thoughts?
View attachment 1080667
My few takes on it, less dark background to it so it feels more like an overlay than a full menu opening.

Have some of the borders color coordinated so you don't have to hover to remember which door belongs to who. Example would be Blue door room has a blue outline on the layout map.

When you are in a room have the name of it somewhere on screen.

If you can have the rooms as similar to the house layout as possible to keep some realism.

The only bad thing about layouts like this is people will then fully skip places like bathrooms and kitchens because they feel like all things that need to be done will be in a character's room and thus they may miss out on things.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Youre still door clicking? That was a whileeeee ago. I switched to the circular buttons but people still ask for a one click thing.
On accident yeah, force of habit, clicking on doors is how it works still in most other games I play, it's how I got used to moving around in this, I mean it was simple, click the blue door get the girl with blue hair, click pink get pink hair.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I think the buttons did a good job - overall I preferred them, though I missed using the doors a little for the bedroom part of the house - but I like even more being able to go directly somewhere without clicking multiple buttons.

Why is the one tile not aligned? If that's deliberate and has a purpose, cool.

I don't agree that having the names of rooms on the screen is necessary. If you click on Gracie's room on the nav screen then you already know you're in Gracie's room.

I understand the comment about people maybe skipping rooms like the kitchen or lounge because they no longer need to pass through them. I think this is offset by removing the need to click through multiple buttons to, e.g., get from your room to the garden. The question is - would not always passing through these rooms lead to missed content. It didn't seem to me that it would, the hints were always telling me what options I had for interaction at any time of day in any location.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Some of us are so proud we mastered the difficult task - and completely on our own - of equating the green door to the green girl that we want to do it every day now. ;)

Reactions: Havik79

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
You know how it is, people get used to things, then some retard comes along and complains, and bam, it's gone like Pepe Le Pew.

• Haha
Reactions: HogRocket

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I understand the comment about people maybe skipping rooms like the kitchen or lounge because they no longer need to pass through them. I think this is offset by removing the need to click through multiple buttons to, e.g., get from your room to the garden. The question is - would not always passing through these rooms lead to missed content. It didn't seem to me that it would, the hints were always telling me what options I had for interaction at any time of day in any location.
Yeah, that can be a problem. And I know from another game where players regularily fail a task "Meet character in the afternoon in the hallway" because there was no need at all to use the hallway anymore (actually there was plenty of bonus content there they missed, too: bathroom door, keyhole, you're catching my drift). But despite the hint explicitely giving time and place, the place apparently disappeared from their memory completely. And while this could of course always be avoided, sometimes it makes sense storywise to have certain things happen at a certain location.

Some games will avoid this by switching the one click mechanism off if such scenes are about to happen, but that can be a bit clunky, too (it takes away the surprise, and depending on how you set it up players may have forgotten how to get from one room to the next the classic way).

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
I think the buttons did a good job - overall I preferred them, though I missed using the doors a little for the bedroom part of the house - but I like even more being able to go directly somewhere without clicking multiple buttons.

Why is the one tile not aligned? If that's deliberate and has a purpose, cool.

I don't agree that having the names of rooms on the screen is necessary. If you click on Gracie's room on the nav screen then you already know you're in Gracie's room.

The ones with the bedrooms? Theyre not aligned to attempt to signify the rooms split off from it. Maybe it was dumb to do that haha.

Reactions: Havik79

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Yeah, that can be a problem. And I know from another game where players regularily fail a task "Meet character in the afternoon in the hallway" because there was no need at all to use the hallway anymore (actually there was plenty of bonus content there they missed, too: bathroom door, keyhole, you're catching my drift). But despite the hint explicitely giving time and place, the place apparently disappeared from their memory completely. And while this could of course always be avoided, sometimes it makes sense storywise to have certain things happen at a certain location.

Some games will avoid this by switching the one click mechanism off if such scenes are about to happen, but that can be a bit clunky, too (it takes away the surprise, and depending on how you set it up players may have forgotten how to get from one room to the next the classic way).
Any content that isnt directly guided wont be possible to completely miss. Like, random events in the kitchen or bathroom can be possible to miss if you dont visit the kitchen/bathroom but they wont be a one time thing, they can occur multiple times

Reactions: Geolin and Havik79

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
The ones with the bedrooms? Theyre not aligned to attempt to signify the rooms split off from it. Maybe it was dumb to do that haha.
In game this might make sense. In a short video it wasn't obvious. It didn't bother me, but I was curious.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020

/s There's already a simple solution: engage brain to at least 5% capacity while playing (more may be difficult, depending on how hot the girls are. In this game, 5 to 10% is a good target.)

Only half joking here. If the hints tell you "You can find character X at Y o'clock on day Q in location Z" and you miss it ...

For the misc events that aren't in the hints, Glacerose has said they will not be a one time thing that you can never get.

But yes, this is the tradeoff. You'll have to explicitly visit those areas on occasion. Even then you can't be sure you won't miss something on a particular day. But you could also miss it passing through those locations in the old navigation if you didn't pass through at the right time. And I'm not sure there's anywhere you go that requires passing through the bathroom, or necessarily the kitchen. Pass by them, sure. But you don't go through either to get anywhere that I recall, so would have to choose to enter. You do pass through the lounge.

Giving the user the option of either navigation system would allow people who need it to continue passing through common areas, but it might be a lot of work to maintain both navigation systems, needing to build both for each new location.

Another possible solution for the quick nav map is to give an indication that there are characters in any location at the time you check the map. Either show which characters, or just a marker showing that someone is there would be enough, then you can choose whether to go there.

But if this is truly a problem for other players, I am okay with keeping the button navigation. It's not like I'm visiting the garden from my room every day.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Maybe a different fix would be after player completes the story and all major character stuff for that update, then an icon/color that just means a room has an unseen event, not necessarily when or with who, so players can catch everything but aren't being led by the nose.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Really liked this, the girls are all super adorable and the renders are really good.
Looking forward for moore.

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes