bip77

Apr 21, 2020
To be fair, I still haven't played anything but the original release. Still waiting on the public release of the update. Thus, door clicking is all I know!
I may add, that "door clicking" adds to the immersion.

I'm often clicking on the doors in games and I'm mega frustrated, when nothing happens... ;)
The circular buttons are useful but should IMHO not *replace* the door clicking possibility..

Nov 24, 2019
Some games will avoid this by switching the one click mechanism off if such scenes are about to happen, but that can be a bit clunky, too (it takes away the surprise, and depending on how you set it up players may have forgotten how to get from one room to the next the classic way).
One of the best executions I've seen, were on the cinematic side of things: If you're in a room and click "Garden", it would make a (roughly 300ms/room long) cinematic animation transitioning the hallway, the lounge, and finally the garden. If during this cinematic some random event triggered, it would abort your movement and impose it to you (usually along a button "I'm in hurry" or something to bypass the event).

The obvious downside, is that this errs on the "awfully complex" side of things: You'll need some AI processing just to trace the route between your room to the garden >.<

To be fair, I still haven't played anything but the original release. Still waiting on the public release of the update. Thus, door clicking is all I know!
I may add, that "door clicking" adds to the immersion.
But pretty much this, no door clicking? Wait, this game isn't a point and click anymore?? o_O
Jokes aside, interacting with the background instead of an interface adds to immersion, but interfaces are infinitely more convenient (hence why they exist).
You can support both or support only one, but supporting "bits on interface and bits on background" is what tends to confuse people ("What do you mean that I must use the door to go from A to B, but to go from B to C I must open a menu??")

As long as you decide in either one or both and keep them, it should be fine :) As long that you don't make a chore to make simple operations, of course...

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Dark vehicle, rainy scene, at night - this concerns me. It screams "government agency here to make your happy life more complicated/terrible". Also the name of the file worries me that they're coming after one of the girls. She will be protected with my life! You can't have her random government agency (maybe) people!

That said, good render. Looking forward to see where it fits in the story.

Reactions: RustyRug

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Or he could simply be the asshole who abused Serra went to the cops, I won't spoil things, but not worried about her any more when you see what happens.

Or maybe it is a flashback to when Alex got Serra as a child.

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
Dark vehicle, rainy scene, at night - this concerns me. It screams "government agency here to make your happy life more complicated/terrible". Also the name of the file worries me that they're coming after one of the girls. She will be protected with my life! You can't have her random government agency (maybe) people!

That said, good render. Looking forward to see where it fits in the story.
No: After we've learned that the girls are in fact fantasy creatures we now have to realize that in fact they are transformers.... :rolleyes:

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Or he could simply be the asshole who abused Serra went to the cops, I won't spoil things, but not worried about her any more when you see what happens.

Or maybe it is a flashback to when Alex got Serra as a child.
Nothing quite as depressing as that haha. Just a leadup to some fun, I just went a *little* too hard on making the images look dark and rainy. Was testing some new rain/light techniques.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
No: After we've learned that the girls are in fact fantasy creatures we now have to realize that in fact they are transformers.... :rolleyes:
PREDACONS, TERRORIZE.

Or is that a look of apprehension/shyness? As she may of been put into a situation she's not totally comfortable with.
Nothing quite as depressing as that haha. Just a leadup to some fun, I just went a *little* too hard on making the images look dark and rainy. Was testing some new rain/light techniques.
Yeah this doesn't feel like it is going to be dark and full of drama.

Reactions: PromiseSteele

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Just to be clear, I was being overdramatic. Story does require conflict after all. I would've been completely fine with storming government buildings to get my sweethearts back.

Reactions: V-red

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Oh, you should totally redo it, have her with pink hair, and then be in a scene in a relationship boost with Celeste as her character in a game.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Fuck, of course, a black car in the rain a night file named Serra story, should have known it wasn't going to make you cry but make you harder than Chinese algebra, it's Serra after all.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Fuck, of course, a black car in the rain a night file named Serra story, should have known it wasn't going to make you cry but make you harder than Chinese algebra, it's Serra after all.
Glad you likedddd it. Well, at least your penis did

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes