PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Yep redownloaded and it made no difference, I'm wondering if my version of MacOS needs to be updated?
On 11.0.1 atm
Your download is not "damaged". Most likely missing execute permission and/or quarantined by Gatekeeper. Both problems are easily fixed in Terminal BUT if you have an Apple Silicon Mac, RPGM games won't be very stable, even if you get them to start.
I'll try testing this later this evening.

• Crown
Reactions: Bob69

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
Because I can't get old saves to work with new gane on Linux I just try to play SotS v.04091 from start and found it impossible. Everything is there out of sequence all at once, e.g., Divya, Madison, boomerang on the Miller's roof etc. Started game, got to point where Empusa saves MC from cliff etc., and then went straight into scene at bottom of cliff where lion appears in v.03083 missing v.01075 and v.02082 altogether. From there got worse with later parts of the game not working properly, e.g., after chatting and giving presents to Lucy and flirting with her unlike before she rejected me and told me she only liked lawyers and doctors! Probably something to do with winning another heart from her later on. Maybe forgetful MC will turn out to have a profession. Who can say?

Absolute impossible nightmare to play v.04091 from scratch. If can't carry over old saves to new versions of game playing from beginning will be too much to cope with. Fortunately SotS can be played using Lutris and when I played v.04091 under Lutris it moved my saves automatically to WINE's AppData folder, same as Windows, and so I can still play SotS incrementally, update by update, on Linux only a bit slower due to the WINE overhead.

Will do for me until NLT Media make Linux version.

No way could I face replay v.04091 as a new game.

Don't believe me then have go yourself.

Last edited:

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018

Abelian

Apr 4, 2024
My bad. Looks like they changed it again starting with the current release after starting this game with save files right within the game's folder.
Yes. Without warning latest Windows version migrates saves from game folder to Windows AppData folder and since the game not written to move saves somewhere else on Linux, as with previous games, the saves on Linux don't get moved to the default .config location in the usual way. :mad:

What a pisser!

Linux users can still play the game natively with old saves if the install Lutris from Flathub (not the usual repositories which don't include the WINE 9 custom executable) and add SotS as a locally installed game. I followed instruction below and worked for me.

https://f95zone.to/threads/symphony-of-the-serpent-v-04091-nlt-media.214805/post-14186721

(Saves get migrated from save folder in game folder to: /home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/users/<username>/AppData)

Last edited:

Beast1738

Oct 22, 2019
Your download is not "damaged". Most likely missing execute permission and/or quarantined by Gatekeeper. Both problems are easily fixed in Terminal BUT if you have an Apple Silicon Mac, RPGM games won't be very stable, even if you get them to start.
I'll try testing this later this evening.
"“Game” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin." This is what comes up...

I've fixed execute permission before and done so with this download, that doesn't fix the issue.
I was able to play the games initial release, just not subsequent updates despite always re-downloading.

3.30 star(s) 36 Votes