VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Just a little heads up and info:
Release will be next month, I've made some good progress already. I've also made some necessary changes, some clean up and improved the code overall, which sadly means you'll need to start a new game. This was definitely/absolutely necessary, since some of the experiments I made at the beginning where just poorly implemented and I've also added new functionality overall, so that last bit alone would've made it necessary to start a new game.
It'll be worth it though, I'm sure you'll agree with me once the update is out^^

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Reactions: linus.quotes

Tibulka

Dec 22, 2018
Just a little heads up and info:
Release will be next month, I've made some good progress already. I've also made some necessary changes, some clean up and improved the code overall, which sadly means you'll need to start a new game. This was definitely/absolutely necessary, since some of the experiments I made at the beginning where just poorly implemented and I've also added new functionality overall, so that last bit alone would've made it necessary to start a new game.
It'll be worth it though, I'm sure you'll agree with me once the update is out^^
Hooray, I finally find out what's next in the plot, of course I'm not against sex content, but in this novel I'm very interested in the plot, and I hope that you don't ruin it. Well, at least not in the way it is now accepted, they start for health, finish for the repose.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hooray, I finally find out what's next in the plot, of course I'm not against sex content, but in this novel I'm very interested in the plot, and I hope that you don't ruin it. Well, at least not in the way it is now accepted, they start for health, finish for the repose.
Well I guess it's good that this update will have a lot of story progress and less lewd stuff^^
Not sure what you mean with your last sentence though :unsure:

Tibulka

Dec 22, 2018
Well I guess it's good that this update will have a lot of story progress and less lewd stuff^^
Not sure what you mean with your last sentence though :unsure:
I meant that those who usually start with good plots end up like mass effect 3, it's just that I and many who follow the plot, we hope that well, if there are discrepancies in the plot, then only not strong, like those mentioned above, who brought intrigue and fucked it all up. And if you can also make a variety of elections that will affect not only the outcome, but also in this way you can get information that cannot be obtained by conventional methods, you will not be worth anything at all and I will definitely become your patreon.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I meant that those who usually start with good plots end up like mass effect 3
The problem with Mass Effect is that they didn't really have an overarching plot in mind when they started writing the first game. And the one writer who DID have an idea for an overarching storyline eventually (while writing ME2) came up with something that was kind of dumb so it was dropped halfway through. So the ultimate ending winds up being a terrible idea cobbled together by two people who thought they were being way more clever than they actually were, and who avoided all chance that someone else in the writing team could point out that it might be a bit stupid by not telling anyone until it was too late.

For an amateur VN developed by a single person, you're far more likely to get consistency of vision. And if the writer has an idea of where they want things to go right from the very beginning, they can build off that idea far more effectively than Mass Effect did. You might not like the ending that writer comes up with, but it probably won't be as dumb as robots killing people to stop those people from building robots that will kill people. o_O

Ultimately, it's mostly a question of whether or not the writer has an idea of where they're trying to go with things, or if they're just writing scene to scene and making everything up as they go along. But it's usually pretty easy to tell what sort of writer you're dealing with fairly early.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I really liked the game, is some really good and crazy story, the idea of using some kind of multiverse, where is some stuff is complete different is really well done, i really like the mc, he is not that kind of guy that is there just for the sex, he is the focus of the story, but we can see all the other characters story, and so far, all them are really good, i really liked the models we have some good variety, the only thing that i can say that i hated is the rape of the mom, also i believe that Eva is the grandma, she said that she is old, and that she almost forgotten how sex feels, so maybe she's some kind o witch that love incest, that's why she like when Laurie lick her, but even if she is not the grandma, i really wish that we can have some love with the grandma, anyway, really good game except the rape, i really wish that was an option to arrive early and stop the rape or see all.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
recreation I noticed two things when playing through the game today

Love the game. Thanks for the entertainment, take care, and I look forward to what you have in store for the next update!
to the first one:
and the second:
That's an engine thing, there's not much I can do about it :/

Reactions: deathspawn246

papadema

Feb 9, 2021
Good day to you all, I have a problem to save the game, i mean, i cant save the game. sorry my bad english.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Good day to you all, I have a problem to save the game, i mean, i cant save the game. sorry my bad english.
no idea why you can't save, but I'd recommend to wait for the update anyway, since it needs a new save anyway ;)

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes