VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I was about to play but... No walkthrough? I mean it's not even new game so this game have no walkthrough or walkthrough mod? Is our choices not matter at all? Or matter but don't block any lewd or serious scene and just change some dialogues?

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I was about to play but... No walkthrough? I mean it's not even new game so this game have no walkthrough or walkthrough mod? Is our choices not matter at all? Or matter but don't block any lewd or serious scene and just change some dialogues?
Sometimes shit is too weird to map out a path

You got to just play your path

Reactions: Tavi13

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I don't get it, can someone give answer to my question? I just want to understand: our choices are just change some dialogues or can change or block even some scenes as well (Except dead end funny scenes of course) ?

Like because of acting like perv am i going to see any different scene? Or it's nothing more than dialogue difference? Or for being rude someone I will go dom/rude type of different path with her or again it's just some dialogue change?

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
It's mostly linear. It's generally easy to tell what effect your choices have just by checking how the stats change with each choice (and you can always roll back a choice if you don't like it), so there's no real walkthrough needed.

About the most you risk is potentially missing minor scenes (ie, if you go to a location that furthers the story before going somewhere else), but it's not really a big enough risk for anyone to have bothered writing a walkthrough.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
On D5 there's a seemingly impossible check if you made Lilibet call you Daddy. She calls you that in the room with all the other girls present, and if ni_sl >= 2 Nira tries to explain. But AFAICT, it's impossible to have ni_sl greater than -2 at that point.

I don't get it, can someone give answer to my question? I just want to understand: our choices are just change some dialogues or can change or block even some scenes as well (Except dead end funny scenes of course) ?

Like because of acting like perv am i going to see any different scene? Or it's nothing more than dialogue difference? Or for being rude someone I will go dom/rude type of different path with her or again it's just some dialogue change?
I can't answer your question, but you could use URM to see how choices modify the variables. Just keep in mind it's not a simple love metric so a negative change isn't necessarily a bad thing. IIUC the "rude" choices are supposed to result in a more dominant relationship to a girl, but I can't say exactly how it's supposed to play out...

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
On D5 there's a seemingly impossible check if you made Lilibet call you Daddy. She calls you that in the room with all the other girls present, and if ni_sl >= 2 Nira tries to explain. But AFAICT, it's impossible to have ni_sl greater than -2 at that point.
Yes, I know about that, it's fixed already on my end, but didn't make it into the last fix, and there will probably be no other fix before the next update.

slocal

Sep 23, 2020
in the notes section:
Why is the race for the girl from the train listed as "Human", but the others are listed as "H, u, m, a, n" ?
Is that significant or an error?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
in the notes section:
Why is the race for the girl from the train listed as "Human", but the others are listed as "H, u, m, a, n" ?
Is that significant or an error?
That's a save error that requires a new save to fix :HideThePain:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Bruh if it's true it's true

No walk through needed on every game I play

you can't tell me not to say what I think

Reactions: Tavi13

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
lol, people need to stop saying no walkthrough needed on every game they've played.
There are plenty of games on this site where I've either felt like I absolutely needed or at the very least wanted a walkthrough to try and figure out which choices led to which outcomes (or how to solve less obvious point-and-click style puzzles). But I honestly don't think there was a single moment when I felt like I needed one for this game.

Some games simply don't. Some have obvious choices, some have in-game mechanics for seeing the impact your choices have, some are mainly linear where your choices are really just to either pursue a specific LI or not, and so on.

In this game your choices are mainly determining whether you're more charming or more dominant with a given LI, so you can almost always figure out what each choice does just from context alone, and in the rare cases you can't you can always check the LI stats and see how their affection bar has shifted (and there's already been a lot of discussion in this thread on which side means what).

So no walkthrough needed.

Reactions: damnedfrog

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
There are plenty of games on this site where I've either felt like I absolutely needed or at the very least wanted a walkthrough to try and figure out which choices led to which outcomes (or how to solve less obvious point-and-click style puzzles). But I honestly don't think there was a single moment when I felt like I needed one for this game.

Some games simply don't. Some have obvious choices, some have in-game mechanics for seeing the impact your choices have, some are mainly linear where your choices are really just to either pursue a specific LI or not, and so on.

In this game your choices are mainly determining whether you're more charming or more dominant with a given LI, so you can almost always figure out what each choice does just from context alone, and in the rare cases you can't you can always check the LI stats and see how their affection bar has shifted (and there's already been a lot of discussion in this thread on which side means what).

So no walkthrough needed.
I think the only place where a little help might be good for some people, is in the "explore to find the next scene" sections, where, if you don't go to the rooms in the right order, you can miss some minor content. Not everyone likes saving, and re-loading, or backtracking, to make sure there wasn't something they missed.

Everything else, as far as I can tell, just changes dialogue rather than events, and what's better there is really all about personal preference, so a "walkthrough" doesn't really make sense for those.

Reactions: damnedfrog

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Everything else, as far as I can tell, just changes dialogue rather than events, and what's better there is really all about personal preference, so a "walkthrough" doesn't really make sense for those.
There's at least one case where choices result in very different events...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think there may be a couple others but that's the only one I'm sure about.

packor

Oct 11, 2021
there's missable scenes in this game, and some people want to know what the choices affect without having to replay. Just because you feel it is simple enough after you've completely explored it yourself, it doesn't mean it can't benefit from having one.

Nov 6, 2020
Just started to really play this one, and it definitely lives up to the name. Very chaotic so far, and not sure how I feel about it just yet. Still, gonna give it the ol' college try!

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes