VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
The dev alternates between two games and posted literally three comments up from you.
11 1/2 months since the last update for the other game too... and not even an ETA for that game yet either. Being social doesn't mean working on any of the games. Once BM finally get it's small-ish update, I imagine it'll be another 3+ months for this one to get an update. You think that's normal?

For the record, I'm not complaining about the dev taking his/her sweet time on the games... hell... I don't even care if the dev abandons them all. But to use the defence that the dev working on 2 games (dev claimed this game being a lot easier/faster to make) is a justification for a small-ish update to require a full year or more to release and a year or more for this one to update as well... that's just nonsense.

And I'm sure this dev has yet another "valid" excuse for it too... just like all the other times he/she was late for an update, but I don't buy any of it anymore.

Last edited:

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
11 1/2 months since the last update for the other game too... and not even an ETA for that game yet either. Being social doesn't mean working on any of the games. Once BM finally get it's small-ish update, I imagine it'll be another 3+ months for this one to get an update. You think that's normal?

For the record, I'm not complaining about the dev taking his/her sweet time on the games... hell... I don't even care if the dev abandons them all. But to use the defence that the dev working on 2 games (dev claimed this game being a lot easier/faster to make) is a justification for a small-ish update to require a full year or more to release and a year or more for this one to update as well... that's just nonsense.

And I'm sure this dev has yet another "valid" excuse for it too... just like all the other times he/she was late for an update, but I don't buy any of it anymore.
Sounds like it might be time for you to unwatch and move on.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
The dev alternates between two games and posted literally three comments up from you.
No matter, it's STILL 7 months from an update on this game. No matter how you twist it. If a person doesn't play both of his games, they're waiting 7 months for THIS ONE.

With that said, 7 months is not unusual, provided there's lots of content when something is released.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
No matter, it's STILL 7 months from an update on this game. No matter how you twist it. If a person doesn't play both of his games, they're waiting 7 months for THIS ONE.

With that said, 7 months is not unusual, provided there's lots of content when something is released.
recreation always has a slow pace.
Few updates a year, but with high quality for BM (I agree it's not the same quality with this game, but it's a side project), which take times to deliver.
If you aren't OK with that, just stop following his games.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
And I think I've always delivered a pretty good amount of content for WS. I've seen some other (especially HS) devs come up with 5-10 minutes updates after several months, while having only one project to work on...
and some people even praise and defend that :HideThePain:

turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
And I think I've always delivered a pretty good amount of content for WS. I've seen some other (especially HS) devs come up with 5-10 minutes updates after several months, while having only one project to work on...
and some people even praise and defend that :HideThePain:
For that, I can actually agree with you on.

packor

Oct 11, 2021
all of these games have unrealistic dev. times. I pretty much ignore them and come back to look at them whenever I feel like it, which is rarely.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
all of these games have unrealistic dev. times. I pretty much ignore them and come back to look at them whenever I feel like it, which is rarely.
We already have this conversation a while ago, but probably that if you give recreation 5k-10k monthly (depending of the cost of living where he lives now), he could drop is current job and devote all his time to make his games :)

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
for that salary, I would learn renpy, daz, and HS, and take over making the games.
Sure, almost everybody will do that.

The question is, who will give you that amount of money monthly?
Reply: no one...
So you'll have to get a work to be able to live.
So not so free time left. Free time that you need to divide between your family, social life, various chores, ... and developing a game.

packor

Oct 11, 2021
I believe you're trying to make a point that these dev's don't earn enough money to support game development, but what does that have to do with me? That's a personal problem.

As the consumer/audience, these games that run on renpy instead of an actual engine still take ~ a decade to complete, which is not a reasonable time to wait. You have better luck watching out for Diablo V to release and buy into that. So, again, I wouldn't actively watch or follow these renpy games' development.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I believe you're trying to make a point that these dev's don't earn enough money to support game development, but what does that have to do with me? That's a personal problem.

As the consumer/audience, these games that run on renpy instead of an actual engine still take ~ a decade to complete, which is not a reasonable time to wait. You have better luck watching out for Diablo V to release and buy into that. So, again, I wouldn't actively watch or follow these renpy games' development.
Obviously, you don't understand my point.
How can you compare the development of a game like Diablo, which is made by a whole studio, with the development of an indie game, made by a one-man team, who must keep a another full time job because he won't earn enough money with his games?

packor

Oct 11, 2021
you're mistaken. I completely understand your point. It's just irrelevant. Telling me that it takes long because it takes long doesn't make it take any less time.

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes