Black Xoul

Apr 5, 2018
Overview:
This a denoises and sharpens the game, making the game easier to look at.
This can not solve the general ugly look that some scenes and characters have from being rendered at a low resolution and/or being heavily compressed.
Additionally, some scenes are simply too noisy for this to have a large effect.​

Updated: 2021-10-08
Modder: SomeGuyWithNoImagination /
Mod Version: v1.0.1
Game Version: Universal (Last tested on v0.41 but it should work on any later version.)

Features:
- Implements a shader to denoise and sharpen the images.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Changelog:

Note to Modders and Game Developers:
Comparison Images:

Download: MEGA
I see no difference ....

and then I realise I probably need glasses

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I see no difference ....

If you're simply loading up a save, odds are that Renpy didn't process the images with the shader yet. For some reason, a bunch of images before you save (and sometimes after) won't get hit. It can take up to a couple of minutes of gameplay before you hit the shader. Edit: In this game, it should only take switching to another location on the map to make it apply. Note that if you roll back to a frame that did not have the shader, it probably won't magically have it applied all of a sudden.

Also, it simply doesn't improve the look that much. It does a bit of denoising and sharpening, but it can't magically make the renders gorgeous. If you look at the comparison images, you can tell it's ultimately the same image, but with a tiny bit of cleanup work done.

Finally, there's a chance that the shader simply broke at some point with these last few updates (I haven't been actively following the updates, but I will check soon). If you look in your log.txt file and see either ALERT or ERROR at the start of any line, then it is guaranteed that the shader didn't take. If you don't see it, it's still possible it didn't take, but it wasn't detected.

If something happened, I'll update the mod to fix it. (Maybe some further improvements will also be put in while I'm at it.)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Black Xoul

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I see no difference ....

If you're simply loading up a save, odds are that Renpy didn't process the images with the shader yet. For some reason, a bunch of images before you save (and sometimes after) won't get hit. It can take up to a couple of minutes of gameplay before you hit the shader.

Also, it simply doesn't improve the look that much. It does a bit of denoising and sharpening, but it can't magically make the renders gorgeous. If you look at the comparison images, you can tell it's ultimately the same image, but with a tiny bit of cleanup work done.

Finally, there's a chance that the shader simply broke at some point with these last few updates (I haven't been actively following the updates, but I will check soon). If you look in your log.txt file and see either ALERT or ERROR at the start of any line, then it is guaranteed that the shader didn't take. If you don't see it, it's still possible it didn't take, but it wasn't detected.

If something happened, I'll update the mod to fix it. (Maybe some further improvements will also be put in while I'm at it.)
I've updated the mod to v2.0.0. Overall, almost nothing changes for you. There's very little that I can do for the noise, especially with the limited capabilities of the shader (and the limited performance of the computers people play VNs on). It's mostly code and quality of (my) life improvements that I've made over the past year that help me (and other modders who wish to toy with the code).

• Red Heart

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
This should be the issue for me. Thank you for making it more wonderful
The mod unfortunately makes no effort at analyzing your game's performance and auto-tweaking or disabling the effect. (That would be cool and probably fun to implement, though!) If your system has extremely poor performance, the game may lag a bit, going from a VN, which is already a slidehow, to a laggy slideshow! :p

If you look in your log.txt file, with the latest version of the mod, you'll hopefully see a line or two that starts with "NOTICE." If you see a line that says the shader was hooked or something similar, it is enabled. You may also see a line that says something along the lines of "config.gl2 is not enabled," but this can be ignored because the mod handles automatically.

Again, the mod admittedly can't help much. It can generally tune out some noise, but it absolutely does stick around. I could push it to be far more aggressive, but then you end up with... weird looking images that feel as if they came from a 2008 Japanese hentai game.

• Red Heart

KriBaybi

May 5, 2020
So I am completely stuck at this point, and would really appreciate any help I can get. I've pretty much done everything up to the secondary corruption of Vera and everyone else at PPF HQ, I've corrupted the cafe and the librarian and I cannot figure out how to progress. The walkthrough stops at this point and I can't find any info online either.
Thanks for any help you can give me :)

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
This is a pretty enjoyable game. Any news on uploading v0.6 to here? or v0.59 even?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Well, i didn't know, played it 1 year ago and lost interest because the roommates ... not my type.
Your Mom and Sister you mean? There are a bunch of other ladies too and you can change most of their body types, personalities etc. It's not much of a grind to get anywhere since cheats are provided.

Reactions: WankerDxD

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I played this one a few years ago when it was in its early stages ?

Dam it was such a Grindy game that I gave up. Is it sill grindy ?
There are cheat codes in the OP, so no not with cheat codes it's not.

Console codes and cheats:

Just open the console command with shift + O, then type one of these variables and add the quantity, example: money = 10000 or serum = 100
money
serum
suspicion
supplies
celia_corr
katy_corr
dimi_corr
_gene_ideal = True ##this will allow you to check the basic transformations of Celia, Katy, Dimi and Mirjana, you need 1 serum and 10 supplies per each.
You can breeze right along. It has a quest tracker too, so if you if you had even the slightest interest in it, it will make life super easy.

Reactions: Nobles

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Your Mom and Sister you mean? There are a bunch of other ladies too and you can change most of their body types, personalities etc. It's not much of a grind to get anywhere since cheats are provided.
nah... not so many womans support change of bodytype. Chubby Emma yet not supported - only slim version - and only.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TakeOver-0.59
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

helderzilla

Dec 26, 2017
So, I'm stuck in a part of the game and I can't seem to solve it. Every time I go to PPF HQ and click on "taking down Folk Inc", i get a message saying "you need to work with Celia, Katy and Emma now", and that's it. I've tried every possibility, and the story simply does not progress. Any hints on what should I do/ Thanks in advance.

3.70 star(s) 81 Votes