CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I've read there's a couple good scenes incoming. Should be a fun episode, hopefully before September ends we have it

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Curious what supporting the warrior faction will translate into, added legitemacy leading to a successful guerilla campaign in the future? Anyways, had a lot of fun playing this game even though not into chicks with butchy haircuts and dicks. Still plenty of LI to go around. Great engaging story and characters, good job dev.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hi what is wrong with this game... ales from the Unending Void 2 [v0.13.1] please fix it before I install again
well since telepathy hasn't been invented you need to tell us more details about what isn't working? just a wild guess but you didn't play ch1 before starting ch2.

Curious what supporting the warrior faction will translate into.
possible liberation of themysc............ amaz.......... well their planet.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
As a followup to my earlier query, I finally got around to finishing the first part in my Steam purchase and besides missing the achievements, I also had lots of missing / variable not defined errors in 2 parts of the game. First, when Cam gets returned to a cell I got many errors that had to do with finishing choices in multiple chapter sex scenes. It looks like at some point Perverteer added variables to track creampie, body, facial, etc for almost all of the sex scenes without first default declaration of False for all of them so they came up undefined at a certain point in the code that apparently checked for them.

I went through lots of gallery scenes and some early chapter saves to see what the scene was all about and pick what might be correct answers for them and added the value in the console. I added lots of True of False but I don't know if that is the right value or if they might be numerical or any other combination.

There was another section shortly after that had another large quantity of undefined values that seemed to be related to did the MC sex up this individual at this time. Once again lots of True and False values were used in the console and I was able to get ejected from the hanger successfully at the end of the content.

Another thing I noticed was some of the gallery scenes seem to end prematurely, after going back to saves to see the scenes as well. I don't know if they are ones that might need to jump to the extras scenes to finish but I thought it was odd and I would consider it broken.

So that whole process took some time and I managed to get about 5 achievements out of the work. If I want to get the other 55 or so, I will have to play the first bit over again.

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
As a followup to my earlier query, I finally got around to finishing the first part in my Steam purchase and besides missing the achievements, I also had lots of missing / variable not defined errors in 2 parts of the game. First, when Cam gets returned to a cell I got many errors that had to do with finishing choices in multiple chapter sex scenes. It looks like at some point Perverteer added variables to track creampie, body, facial, etc for almost all of the sex scenes without first default declaration of False for all of them so they came up undefined at a certain point in the code that apparently checked for them.
Preparing for the Steam release, I added several variables retroactively in order to trigger certain achievements. This makes older saves trigger those errors. I've added a few checks to define those variables as False in subsequent bugfixes though, could be that I missed some of them.

Another thing I noticed was some of the gallery scenes seem to end prematurely, after going back to saves to see the scenes as well. I don't know if they are ones that might need to jump to the extras scenes to finish but I thought it was odd and I would consider it broken.
Do you have an example of one of those scenes prematurely ending? The replay generally excludes any extra scene available and vice versa. So replaying an extra scene that's part of a larger overall scene, doesn't continue on with the content that's in the standard edition.

Reactions: Agrik

jacques543

Feb 18, 2020
What's the problem you're having? Other people, including me, have played it successfully.
Hi and on i install the Season 2 v0.13.1 Standard Edition from Tales from the Unending Void 2
but it says...
ON PREVIOUS SEASON DATA FOUND
False
Please complete the previous season of the game before continuing with this version and make
sure a season save file is present in the saves directory.

Consult the game manual or the FAQ section for
more information...

Everything is fine on my side and i replayed the game 3 times ...
I even used CONSOL COMMAND keys it does nothing.

Please help me maybe i am doing something wrong
Thank u

weaselman

Apr 6, 2018
Hi and on i install the Season 2 v0.13.1 Standard Edition from Tales from the Unending Void 2
but it says...
ON PREVIOUS SEASON DATA FOUND
False
Please complete the previous season of the game before continuing with this version and make
sure a season save file is present in the saves directory.

Consult the game manual or the FAQ section for
more information...

Everything is fine on my side and i replayed the game 3 times ...
I even used CONSOL COMMAND keys it does nothing.

Please help me maybe i am doing something wrong
Thank u
did you play season 1?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yes i played season 1. 3 F___k times
did s1 end create permanent save which could be used to continue on s2 (you really need to click bit before that is created)? also which s1 did you play to end?

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Preparing for the Steam release, I added several variables retroactively in order to trigger certain achievements. This makes older saves trigger those errors. I've added a few checks to define those variables as False in subsequent bugfixes though, could be that I missed some of them.

Do you have an example of one of those scenes prematurely ending? The replay generally excludes any extra scene available and vice versa. So replaying an extra scene that's part of a larger overall scene, doesn't continue on with the content that's in the standard edition.
Here is a save just before the first set of errors are thrown. My last version of the game before the current Steam build was 0.12Aextra scenes edition from here. You might be right about gallery scenes hopping about the extra scenes as one of the scenes for me is the ch 5 T'will sisters scene which has an extra scene too.

I added the persistent file to the zip as well. Seems I have several saves in the Steam saves folder that have long strings of alphanumeric characters after the words season 1. I guess I shouldn't look in there.

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
yes i played season 1. 3 F___k times
Assuming you're playing on Windows, the save files should be located in Users\*name*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ in a folder called "TalesFromTheUnendingVoid" followed by a string of numbers. In that folder there should be a saved game called "Season1" followed by a string of random alphanumeric characters. Season 2 shares the same save directory as Season 1, so it should look for those special saves there. If the save directory isn't in Users\*name*\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\, then I'd like to know where it is on your device, so I can't replicate and hopefully debug the issue.

Here is a save just before the first set of errors are thrown. My last version of the game before the current Steam build was 0.12Aextra scenes edition from here. You might be right about gallery scenes hopping about the extra scenes as one of the scenes for me is the ch 5 T'will sisters scene which has an extra scene too.

I added the persistent file to the zip as well. Seems I have several saves in the Steam saves folder that have long strings of alphanumeric characters after the words season 1. I guess I shouldn't look in there.
Thanks! I'll load them on my end and see where I can improve the undefined variable handling.

Next update this month?
It sure looks like it.

4.40 star(s) 136 Votes