Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't think there is any other way to view them other than Empire like just like I don't think there is a loving bone in that mothers body.

Rather than try to arrest them she opts to blow them up, including her kids. Now she's sending hunters after them.

I think if they did find that planet they would find a way to exploit it for resources or financially, I don't think they would rescue anyone.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
I don't think there is any other way to view them other than Empire like just like I don't think there is a loving bone in that mothers body.

Rather than try to arrest them she opts to blow them up, including her kids. Now she's sending hunters after them.

I think if they did find that planet they would find a way to exploit it for resources or financially, I don't think they would rescue anyone.
you know things are fucked up when you gotta kill your own kids.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
me and perverteer have discussed the issue of jade and her species at length. i won't go into detail, and while he won't change her back, we have talked about how he can still make her unique, exotic and alien. this change will also affect her whole species, as well-or, just the females-i left that part up to him to decide.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
me and perverteer have discussed the issue of jade and her species at length. i won't go into detail, and while he won't change her back, we have talked about how he can still make her unique, exotic and alien. this change will also affect her whole species, as well-or, just the females-i left that part up to him to decide.
You left the decision to him in his own game? That's very cool of you. :ROFLMAO:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I know you said you won't change her back, but I've been thinking about the Jade change quite a bit, and whilst I understand Perverteer's trepidation at continuing to have a character that looks so much like a Twi'lek, I feel like this wasn't the right change to make. She's lost what made her special which is that she had an actual alien appearance, not just a different skin tone. Even if she does get a rich, detailed, cultural species background, it still takes a lot away from her character to not look as alien as she did.

For me, there were only 3 things that might have caused an issue with the big, corporate IP holder:
  1. The species name "Twill" is too closely derivative of Twi'lek
  2. There was a not-so-subtle inside joke about how they look exactly like a fictional species from hundreds of years ago
  3. Her appearance was the same as a Twi'lek.
These are the things that needed to be changed to avoid any problem, but Jade didn't need to have her defining physical characteristic removed. Instead, it could have been one or a combination of the following:
  1. If possible, apply the pronounced brow from the model to Jade's face
  2. Give Jade pointy ears
  3. Use the skin map which has body markings on the chest and sides of the torso which Twi'leks don't have
  4. Use a different skin map, like the one for the model
  5. Apply the face make-up from the model
  6. Reduce the size of the head tails to only be shoulder length
  7. Make one head tail long and the other short and have the long one always draped forward over her shoulder.
A combination of 2, 3, 5, and 6, or 2, 4, and 6, would have been more than ideal because this way she maintains the alien look that was so appealing about her in the first place, and when you add in a change to their species name (could call them Cauda which is Latin for 'tail'), that would have been more than enough to differentiate her and avoid any hypothetical copyright issues further down the line.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
I know you said you won't change her back, but I've been thinking about the Jade change quite a bit, and whilst I understand Perverteer's trepidation at continuing to have a character that looks so much like a Twi'lek, I feel like this wasn't the right change to make. She's lost what made her special which is that she had an actual alien appearance, not just a different skin tone. Even if she does get a rich, detailed, cultural species background, it still takes a lot away from her character to not look as alien as she did.

For me, there were only 3 things that might have caused an issue with the big, corporate IP holder:
  2. There was a not-so-subtle inside joke about how they look exactly like a fictional species from hundreds of years ago
the changes i advised will fix all that.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019

These are the things that needed to be changed to avoid any problem, but Jade didn't need to have her defining physical characteristic removed. Instead, it could have been one or a combination of the following:
  1. If possible, apply the pronounced brow from the model to Jade's face
  2. Give Jade pointy ears
  3. Use the skin map which has body markings on the chest and sides of the torso which Twi'leks don't have
  4. Use a different skin map, like the one for the model
  5. Apply the face make-up from the model
  6. Reduce the size of the head tails to only be shoulder length
  7. Make one head tail long and the other short and have the long one always draped forward over her shoulder.
A combination of 2, 3, 5, and 6, or 2, 4, and 6, would have been more than ideal because this way she maintains the alien look that was so appealing about her in the first place, and when you add in a change to their species name (could call them Cauda which is Latin for 'tail'), that would have been more than enough to differentiate her and avoid any hypothetical copyright issues further down the line.
I was with you until:
  • Give Jade pointy ears
You lost me there. I'm not a fan of Elves because of those. I just want to cut them off and make a necklace.

Reactions: EZ8lt

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hopefully they don't hack up the other aliens in the game but for me Jade is dead and gone. If they would of been a side character instead of one of the main LI I wouldn't of minded as you wouldn't of seen them again after having fun with them. Would be nice if there was a way to kick her off the ship or sell her to someone on a planet and fill her slot with a different LI instead maybe a android but no terminuters we wouldn't want to have to hack up another one. Maybe sell her ass to Doarn so she can become a milker.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Hopefully they don't hack up the other aliens in the game but for me Jade is dead and gone. If they would of been a side character instead of one of the main LI I wouldn't of minded as you wouldn't of seen them again after having fun with them. Would be nice if there was a way to kick her off the ship or sell her to someone on a planet and fill her slot with a different LI instead. Maybe sell her ass to Doarn so she can become a milker.
I wouldn't go that far. But, yeah. I get it. I'm not a fan. I doubt Perverteer can make her acceptable for many of us after this. But, I do understand his reasoning behind this.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I would go that far. But, yeah. I get it. I'm not a fan. I doubt Perverteer can make her acceptable for many of us after this. But, I do understand his reasoning behind this.
I wouldn't go that far either, but she's certainly lost a huge amount of her appeal as far as I'm concerned. Before, she was stunning, now she's just average and 'meh'.

I do understand feeling that they needed to change to avoid any problems, but she didn't need to have her most defining physical trait, the thing that made her stand out as an alien, removed, and no amount of development into her backstory and species is going to make this any better.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
You pretty much also listed the things that made her unique as an alien. By the way there are some rules regarding to copyright, which sets how big of a percentage you need to differ your designs in order it not to be a problem. I think it was 50 or something.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
You pretty much also listed the things that made her unique as an alien. By the way there are some rules regarding to copyright, which sets how big of a percentage you need to differ your designs in order it not to be a problem. I think it was 50 or something.
What made her unique were the head tails, the name of her species would still make her unique if it was something other than a derivative of Twi'lek. It's like creating a Klingon-like alien and calling them a "Klangen", the names are too closely similar, and "Twill" is essentially Twi'lek without the 'ek'.

Giving her species a different name would have helped as would some appearance changes, but not taking away her defining physical characteristic.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Her defining physical characteristic as you pointed out was The Problem. Anyone who looked at her saw the semblace and you can bet your backside ( :LOL: ) that The Rat would see it too when the game hit Steam.
So unless you are ready to help Perverteer fight on courts against a evil giant corporation there is really no point in complaint about something that was changed in common accord with his patrons.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
he's not complaining about why he changed her but how he changed her, she lost the alien trait
The point is it needed changing.

He keeps mentioning the head things and they couldn't stay.

This will be on Steam eventually and I highly doubt anyone here is going to cover any court costs when Disney fucks him and fuck him they will.

4.40 star(s) 134 Votes