LordDraco

Jun 28, 2017
In 2020 it's still necessary to compress 186Mb?

Do people download with 30kb/s these days or what?

No offence, only trying to understand...
Modern games are huge. Red Dead 2 is 150 gb alone. With all that space they take up, anywhere I can save space I will. I have games that were over 4 gigs compressed to under 500 mb. Hell if you download ten 2 gb games and they are compressed to 300 mb that's 17 gb saved. Not to mention some shit service providers still put caps on how much you can download a month.

Hentai_Man

Mar 20, 2020
Tamas Awakening [v0.04] [Whiteleaf Studio] - Original Size: 186MB
Compressed Android (52MB):
MEGA
Compressed Windows/Linux (40MB): MEGA
Compressed MAC (34MB): MEGA

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the original developer, download at your own risk*
*These builds were made with the aid of scripts developed by Sam, bas, PearlNecklaceProductions, and myself
, using open source technologies such as: RenPy, Handbrake, ffmpeg, cwebp, vibvpx, libopus, and Gradle.*
Compressed Android version set off my virus scanner.

Reactions: Jackmcbean

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
Compressed Android version set off my virus scanner.
. For some reason some of the AI based Heuristic engines don't like the main EXE. Maybe because my version of RenPy has some non-standard python code that the engines don't recognize once compiled. I've submitted samples to some of the offending anti-virus companies, hopefully they can resolve it soon. You can safely ignore the warning. AI Heuristics are notorious for false positives.

Edit: F-secure and Avira have responded to me and cleared the file, so update your anti-virus if you use those. Some of the other false positives are Chinese companies that don't offer an easy way for me to submit samples or give me messages like this when I try :( Rising.png

Believe it or not every bit counts, especially for those poor souls stuck with data caps. Besides, the quality drop won't be much in this case since the game was full of lossless PNGs and uncompressed WAV files.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018
Modern games are huge. Red Dead 2 is 150 gb alone. With all that space they take up, anywhere I can save space I will. I have games that were over 4 gigs compressed to under 500 mb. Hell if you download ten 2 gb games and they are compressed to 300 mb that's 17 gb saved. Not to mention some shit service providers still put caps on how much you can download a month.
nonsense... we're living in the age of SSD's 120$/Tb

• Angry
Reactions: theinternetis4

amaiakagane

May 26, 2017
Draco literally just said why he saves any space he can and you basically just replied, "that's stupid (nonsense), just buy a bigger hard drive."
I believe you when you said, "No offence, only trying to understand...," but it can rub people the wrong way when you ask people why they do something, and then just immediately put down why they do it. Especially when 120$ isn't something small to spend easily for some people.

And before someone says anything about why are anyone is on this website if they can't spend 120$ on a hard drive, poor people need hobbies and other things to do too. Especially when it distracts them from worrying about how to pay the bills.

Aug 20, 2018
Draco literally just said why he saves any space he can and you basically just replied, "that's stupid (nonsense), just buy a bigger hard drive."
I believe you when you said, "No offence, only trying to understand...," but it can rub people the wrong way when you ask people why they do something, and then just immediately put down why they do it. Especially when 120$ isn't something small to spend easily for some people.

And before someone says anything about why are anyone is on this website if they can't spend 120$ on a hard drive, poor people need hobbies and other things to do too. Especially when it distracts them from worrying about how to pay the bills.
I believe when you have a system to play Games like Red Dead redemption, storage should not be an issue.

Of course for some 120$ can mean a lot, to me as well.

Reducing the size of a VN by 80mb, and then talking about 150Gig games...

I apologise to everyone.

And non-sense I would rather explain as: It doesn't make sense.

Reactions: amaiakagane

amaiakagane

May 26, 2017
I believe when you have a system to play Games like Red Dead redemption, storage should not be an issue.

Of course for some 120$ can mean a lot, to me as well.

Reducing the size of a VN by 80mb, and then talking about 150Gig games...

I apologise to everyone.

And non-sense I would rather explain as: It doesn't make sense.
Sorry if I came off as aggressive. The last part wasn't directed at you, but the first part (reading nonsense as stupid) was probably me just projecting onto you or reading too much into what you said. I now see your point and where you're coming from. Thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Aigaion

Mar 27, 2020

well duh, not everyone has access to say, 1mb/s download speed (just an example), AND some internet providers still put download cap/month in their plans (mostly in their cheapest ones), so yes, i find compressed games pretty OK in my book since i have shit speed and my plan have data cap, so i need to make every bit count.

Reactions: theinternetis4

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
meh.. whats the point of setting relations if MC still calls the mom by her name? Pretty lazy way of doing incest (word replacement).

Aigaion

Mar 27, 2020
take into account that decent SSD units are not readily available in every single city across a country (sometimes smaller cities don't have them), and prices per unit vary quite a lot depending of the country. in my case a really good SSD can only be found around the capital area, and that is located around 2000km away, which makes it far more expensive and difficult to get.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Seems a lot of the same pointed out typos and the like are still in this version. Examples.

newly scaped : escaped

teensy bit of a bitch : (doesn't this mean she really isn't a bitch?)

my heart remember : remembers

almost felt in love to : almost felt love for/almost fell in love with

a way to fat your : fatten

(skipping ahead)

Your own [sirsole] (the yoga penis/pussy rub)

Reactions: Whiteleaf Studio

whisperpuppy

The Werewolf Queen
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2017
I like that the sounds and music are from another fave game of mine: Unteralterbach

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
a patch coming to fix so savegames works? or this gonna be one of those games where you have to restart after every update?

Aug 20, 2018
well duh, not everyone has access to say, 1mb/s download speed (just an example), AND some internet providers still put download cap/month in their plans (mostly in their cheapest ones), so yes, i find compressed games pretty OK in my book since i have shit speed and my plan have data cap, so i need to make every bit count.
Understood

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Or you could, you know, DELETE any games once you play them. The save's are generally under your user folder, so worrying about HD space when it's less than $0.01/MB (and in some cases per GB) is a problem isolated to players, not dev's.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Game could really do with someone proof reading, a lot of weird word choices and grammar errors, typos, missing closing brackets etc.

the light-headed one : (what does that mean? light-headed usually means dizzy, it can mean ditsy but no one showed they were ditsy or dumb. Their skin tone is roughly the same color.)

The invite them over for lunch text goes outside the text box.

licking game also goes off text box

------

Art is good, the plot curves keep you on your toes. Also the small face changes are nicely done.

UI, colors are fine until you try to overwrite/load a save then you can't read the yes/no

Allowing text box opacity change would be nice.

The options menu having a scroll bar on the far right could probably be removed by shrinking the text 1 font size.

The random black bar in the back of the menu area.

Names not standing out that well in game.

Personally not a fan of the font.

When allowing player to change relations and name people. It would be nice to show their Default Name prior to it changing. Otherwise if player's leave it empty they might think it will be blank.

With the "Friends" the recommended names should probably all have an S at the end to tell the player it is for multiples

Character names are a bit high on the text box so they slightly go outside of it.

The borrowed anime backgrounds kind of look off against the character aesthetic.

Tasting game MC cut off is weird that he stops prior to top of screen

Would have been nice if tasting game kept the other items somewhere on screen, like a table or on the bed/floor

---------
Decent game so far.

Reactions: Whiteleaf Studio

Whiteleaf Studio

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2019
Game could really do with someone proof reading, a lot of weird word choices and grammar errors, typos, missing closing brackets etc.

the light-headed one : (what does that mean? light-headed usually means dizzy, it can mean ditsy but no one showed they were ditsy or dumb. Their skin tone is roughly the same color.)

The invite them over for lunch text goes outside the text box.

licking game also goes off text box

------

Art is good, the plot curves keep you on your toes. Also the small face changes are nicely done.

UI, colors are fine until you try to overwrite/load a save then you can't read the yes/no

Allowing text box opacity change would be nice.

The options menu having a scroll bar on the far right could probably be removed by shrinking the text 1 font size.

The random black bar in the back of the menu area.

Names not standing out that well in game.

Personally not a fan of the font.

When allowing player to change relations and name people. It would be nice to show their Default Name prior to it changing. Otherwise if player's leave it empty they might think it will be blank.

With the "Friends" the recommended names should probably all have an S at the end to tell the player it is for multiples

Character names are a bit high on the text box so they slightly go outside of it.

The borrowed anime backgrounds kind of look off against the character aesthetic.

Tasting game MC cut off is weird that he stops prior to top of screen

Would have been nice if tasting game kept the other items somewhere on screen, like a table or on the bed/floor

---------
Decent game so far.

We want to hire someone to proofread as well, but we can't afford it at the moment. As for the rest, I'll look into it, thanks buddy.

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
I just tried this drawn by that first picture. Those breasts are sumptuous.
That being said the whole story and setup doesn't work for me and I'll have to drop.
Best of luck though, there is serious talent in the artist.

As for the above discussion about compression, it doesn't have to be a question of limitations from your provider.
There is also a concept of efficiency in things. If you settle for lazy delivery it's your right, but others prefer lean and efficient. If we all drop our standards, it's going to look dire very quickly.

3.60 star(s) 111 Votes