Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Thank you for this complex feedback! I'll also try to answer complexly :)

Overall, this game is quite good gameplay-wise and lacking from a sex scene point of view. Since there's never a point where you can stay on a scene and watch the loop, the scenes are not easy to fap to.
Story scenes and minigames aren't looped, yes. But they may be replayed in the form of favors in the dialogue window. Yet you have a point, I'll think of how we may loop some of them without losing interactivity.

Although, I like playing survival games I do find the fishing mini-game in this game to be particularly annoying. Currently there's two versions of the fishing game and in both versions, the fish's hitbox is too small. I've had many moments where the lure is touching the fish in some way, but is just outside the circle. The other problem is that when you cast the lure, there's variance with how far it goes. With exactly the same power and angle sometimes the lure lands closer and other times it lands further away. This in combination with the small hitbox creates a lot of frustrating resets where the fish's hitbox looks like it's touching the lure but in reality the hitbox is not.
Yes, there is up to +/-50px deviance in the casts. And hitbox is 120*120px, it's actually a little bigger than the image of it. I'll think about reducing max deviance or add a dependency of deviance from Lee's hunting skill.

I don't think the aim of the mini-game is to create realistic fishing, otherwise just having the right bait and knowing the general location of the fish should be enough. Generally throwing a lure on top of a fish scares fish away. So, this tells me that the mini-game seem to be more about accuracy than realism. If that's the case can you remove the variance from the casting distance? Also for the sake of time, can you increase the hitbox so that it's more generous?
Each minigame is created with several requirements in mind. It shouldn't be very realistic as well as very schematic. It should be easy to control and its rules should be understandable without the words because of this game design :)
Initially, there wasn't a variance, but it created a very mechanical feeling, as when you cast, but some robot. Of course in the real world, it works in a slightly different way, but we can't do it just because this minigame will become more arcade (you need to rely on reaction to catch a fish more than on targeting). And we try to avoid arcade minigames here. I think the feature with the dependency on hunting skill will do the trick. Maybe we even try it in version 0.12.0

Fishing in 0.10 is extremely tedious. Since you have to fish for both yourself and the catgirl, you go through roughly 2 fish a day. You basically have to fish everyday and catch at least 2/3 fish each trip. For some reason, the catgirl can't catch fish, crab or birds, even though she had survived on her own before you arrived. Also, she stops finding random resources after you build a ladder up the plane.
I consistently catch 2-3 fish at a time, which is 8-12 fish a day, but of course I'm no indicator since I've probably spent 20 hours in the last year fishing in Tame It! However, you know you can skip fishing? That is, the game does not force you to fish all the time, it can skip, getting about the same results. They are calculated based on Lee's hunting skills, which increase over time.

Cat doesn't fishing by herself as she doesn't like the water. But as for hunting, it was a bug that we fixed in 0.11.0, so she can provide some good meat now :)

I wish there was a way to set up traps for crabs, birds and fish like in Green Hell. Perhaps the net was supposed to function like a trap, or maybe just a special tool only to be used during days where fish are jumping. It's just that I'm not sure if I'm setting it up incorrectly or if it's just RNG whether you get anything.
There was a plan to add traps, indeed. But we declined it in the development process for the sake of balance. You may hunt just on running crabs and birds at locations, fishing, hunting, and foraging. And cooking increases nutrition value. So traps seem like overkill when you may get the food for ~5 days by one day.
BTW, raw meat in the 0.11.0 can poison Lee with a small chance. But we are far from Green Hell really :LOL:

There's also bug with the catgirl where she gives you the hungry emoji the next day even though you've fed her fish the previous day. Feeding her 2 fish doesn't fix this problem. It's as if she just doesn't remember she ate
I'll check it, thanks!
Cat loses from 10 to 25 hunger points per day (or it's better to say feed points :unsure:), it depends on the difficulty of the game (10 on the easiest and 25 on hardest). If her hunger level is lower than 30 (and 100 is when she is full) she will cry for hunger. One fish replenish 20 hunger points. So when she cries, she need to be fed by ~4 fish. She won't eat if she is full so you can't give her more than she needs. And if she is on a starvation level, then one-two fishes may not do the trick, for example her hunger is "10", she got two fishes, it's now 50, day end and it's 30-25 now (for normal and hard difficulty) and voila, she cries again and her relation to Lee drops. "Cat no like diet" :)
But I'll check it, there is always room for a bug, really.

And I should note that different food replenishes the different amounts, as for Lee. Cooked food adds 45 hunger points to her too
You can ask her how hungry she is in the dialogue window, it'll be shown as a bar-like emoji line.

P.S. I'm thinking about alternative fishing, but so far I haven't come up with mechanics that would meet all the requirements and would be easy to implement. Hopefully something will come to mind before the end of the work on the game. The net is for some particular fish in the game by now, but I'll think if we can implement some common fishing minigame with the net, actually, thank you!

Reactions: masMalkar

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
First off, I'd like to say I appreciate that you take constructive criticism seriously and aren't offended by suggestions. That alone already indicates that this game has hope. To clarify, I am playing on the hardest difficulty

I consistently catch 2-3 fish at a time, which is 8-12 fish a day, but of course I'm no indicator since I've probably spent 20 hours in the last year fishing in Tame It! However, you know you can skip fishing? That is, the game does not force you to fish all the time, it can skip, getting about the same results. They are calculated based on Lee's hunting skills, which increase over time.
The problem isn't a matter of skill, so much that you HAVE TO catch 2-3 fish each time AND do it EVERYDAY. If not you'd have to reload a save. This means that failing to catch 2-3 fish each time is very punitive, where as gathering other resources isn't like that (which is good by the way because the resources are just a means to an end, making it too hard to get just makes it longer and more grindy). Also because you only get 2-3 fish, while consuming it at a roughly a rate of 2 per day, you can't stockpile a lot of food, like you could with other resources (like leaves, bamboo or stone). If it's possible to get more fish per trip or set traps, you could offset this problem.

Cat doesn't fishing by herself as she doesn't like the water. But as for hunting, it was a bug that we fixed in 0.11.0, so she can provide some good meat now :)
That's really good, that should help balance food issues a little bit

There was a plan to add traps, indeed. But we declined it in the development process for the sake of balance. You may hunt just on running crabs and birds at locations, fishing, hunting, and foraging. And cooking increases nutrition value. So traps seem like overkill when you may get the food for ~5 days by one day.
BTW, raw meat in the 0.11.0 can poison Lee with a small chance. But we are far from Green Hell really :LOL:
The idea of traps in Green Hell and in other survival games isn't balance, it's convenience so that you can focus on more interesting problems. In the beginning of the game, you have to hunt and gather resources. All of that is interesting game play because it's a new experience and there's a lot to figure out how to do efficiently. As you progress, you already know how to do that efficiently, so it becomes really repetitive and tedious. You want to just get it over with so that you can progress the actual game. That's why when Green Hell gives the player the ability to craft water filters, traps, and a fireside wall (to cook more food each time), it lets the player focus on the more interesting progression problems (like exploration, fixing machines, finding tools, defeating jaguars, rescuing someone from dangerous tribes, etc.).

I'll check it, thanks!
Cat loses from 10 to 25 hunger points per day (or it's better to say feed points :unsure:), it depends on the difficulty of the game (10 on the easiest and 25 on hardest). If her hunger level is lower than 30 (and 100 is when she is full) she will cry for hunger. One fish replenish 20 hunger points. So when she cries, she need to be fed by ~4 fish. She won't eat if she is full so you can't give her more than she needs. And if she is on a starvation level, then one-two fishes may not do the trick, for example her hunger is "10", she got two fishes, it's now 50, day end and it's 30-25 now (for normal and hard difficulty) and voila, she cries again and her relation to Lee drops. "Cat no like diet" :)
But I'll check it, there is always room for a bug, really.

And I should note that different food replenishes the different amounts, as for Lee. Cooked food adds 45 hunger points to her too
You can ask her how hungry she is in the dialogue window, it'll be shown as a bar-like emoji line.
That explains A LOT. I wasn't sure how much she needed. I assumed giving her 1 fish per day would be enough. If she loses 25 a day and 1 fish only replenishes 20, then the food shortage problem is even worse than I thought. You'd be forced to catch 3 fish each time or spend 2 parts of the day fishing to meet daily need. I thought that perhaps the gift fish (angelfish and salmon) might also fill hunger but apparently not. It was not obvious to me that cooked meals replenishes more hunger for her. Since she refuses to eat certain types of food, I figured we'd have to go with either fish or honey.

Also, since there's no bar (like with our character), it's very hard to know how hungry she is, and it's hard to know how much hunger a food item fills.

P.S. I'm thinking about alternative fishing, but so far I haven't come up with mechanics that would meet all the requirements and would be easy to implement. Hopefully something will come to mind before the end of the work on the game. The net is for some particular fish in the game by now, but I'll think if we can implement some common fishing mini-game with the net, actually, thank you!
I still think that traps and cooking stoves are a good idea. Making the resource gathering and food preparation more convenient and efficient lets the player focus on the progression problems. It cuts down on some of the grindy resource gathering problems that gets more boring over time. Of course, if you implement traps and cooking stoves it's a good idea to lock that behind progression quests. That gives the player more incentive to do those quests and feel rewarded

Last edited:

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
First off, I'd like to say I appreciate that you take constructive criticism seriously and aren't offended by suggestions. That alone already indicates that this game has hope. To clarify, I am playing on the hardest difficulty
We are criticized so much for no reason that any particularity is perceived as a good review :LOL:
The fact that you play on the hardest difficulty is a very important clarification. And I'm very grateful to you and a few other players who give feedback on this difficulty, as my priority is balancing normal difficulty and I don't have time for the hardest difficulty at all. If you have suggestions affecting the balance of the hardest difficulty, it'll be great!

The problem isn't a matter of skill, so much that you HAVE TO catch 2-3 fish each time AND do it EVERYDAY. If not you'd have to reload a save. This means that failing to catch 2-3 fish each time is very punitive, where as gathering other resources isn't like that (which is good by the way because the resources are just a means to an end, making it too hard to get just makes it longer and more grindy). Also because you only get 2-3 fish, while consuming it at a roughly a rate of 2 per day, you can't stockpile a lot of food, like you could with other resources (like leaves, bamboo or stone). If it's possible to get more fish per trip or set traps, you could offset this problem.
Try cooked food, you may cook up to 5 per turn, so it should be more advantageous than raw fish/meat. I'll look into it too.

That's really good, that should help balance food issues a little bit
Yeah, and starting 0.11.0 Cat occasionally bring gifts, but with a relationship check (>=50) and not a 100% chance.

The idea of traps in Green Hell and in other survival games isn't balance, it's convenience so that you can focus on more interesting problems. In the beginning of the game, you have to hunt and gather resources. All of that is interesting game play because it's a new experience and there's a lot to figure out how to do efficiently. As you progress, you already know how to do that efficiently, so it becomes really repetitive and tedious. You want to just get it over with so that you can progress the actual game. That's why when Green Hell gives the player the ability to craft water filters, traps, and a fireside wall (to cook more food each time), it lets the player focus on the more interesting progression problems (like exploration, fixing machines, finding tools, defeating jaguars, rescuing someone from dangerous tribes, etc.).
Good point. We have something similar in mind, it's Lee' skills, help from the girls, and increase of action points with tools. We'll see about traps :unsure:

That explains A LOT. I wasn't sure how much she needed. I assumed giving her 1 fish per day would be enough. If she loses 25 a day and 1 fish only replenishes 20, then the food shortage problem is even worse than I thought. You'd be forced to catch 3 fish each time or spend 2 parts of the day fishing to meet daily need. I thought that perhaps the gift fish (angelfish and salmon) might also fill hunger but apparently not. It was not obvious to me that cooked meals replenishes more hunger for her. Since she refuses to eat certain types of food, I figured we'd have to go with either fish or honey.

Also, since there's no bar (like with our character), it's very hard to know how hungry she is, and it's hard to know how much hunger a food item fills.
Big blue fish should restore 35 food points for Cat and Lee and mixed with honey 100 food points. If it isn't — it's a bug. Small coral fish restores only 10 food points on consumption, but she likes it as a gift (relationship increase).

We planned this bar initially, but it was moved to the form of the question in the dialogue. For now, the bar is formed with emojis, but we'll see, maybe we can do it more conveniently.

I still think that traps and cooking stoves are a good idea. Making the resource gathering and food preparation more convenient and efficient lets the player focus on the progression problems. It cuts down on some of the grindy resource gathering problems that gets more boring over time. Of course, if you implement traps and cooking stoves it's a good idea to lock that behind progression quests. That gives the player more incentive to do those quests and feel rewarded
It's totally true, and my aim is to get rid of as much grind as possible. The main problem is in the balance again. The balance between the story and the grind. Because without any grind the amount of new content in each chapter is pretty small and unfulfilling. In that terms, btw, the harder the difficulty is set, the more grid game has.

Reactions: syh653

iton

Feb 10, 2020
new girls planned? that's better be some centaur or mermaid then!
or maybe there will be more story about pilot girl?

• Red Heart
Reactions: KiroHz

viroline

May 24, 2021
I raised with laughter, probably, all the neighbors in the middle of the night when I saw the dialogue in the scene of a showdown between a cat and an octopus in a cave.
We need more of this kind of humor - unexpected and sparkling.
Thank you for your work. I will wait for new updates.
Ah yea! And where is the cat tail massage?

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
public release? anyone?
This game is so good
0.11.0 will be available on the 1st December :)

new girls planned? that's better be some centaur or mermaid then!
or maybe there will be more story about pilot girl?
New girls are planned, but for the sequel :giggle:
As for Tonya (pilot), maybe :)

Ah yea! And where is the cat tail massage?
Thank you for your feedback! Interesting idea! :D

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
Asmodeev said the following on Discord.

You’ve probably noticed by now that public releases have become less frequent. As we mentioned above — the last third of the game is left, and we’ve deliberately decided to increase the interval between public releases of chapters, most likely there will be no public releases at all when the development gets to the final stage. The reason for this is that we’re going to release Tame It! on Steam and it's our chance to recoup the development of the game and get the opportunity to continue it, as well as the implementation of other ideas, since it didn't work out on Patreon. Therefore, we ask you to be understanding and support us on this difficult but interesting path.

I find this very disturbing and unfair as well. As we have done our best here to give you feedback and try to help you by reporting the bugs we find. Too be honest it kind of makes me angry we won't see the end unless we pay for Tame It.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
I find this very disturbing and unfair as well. As we have done our best here to give you feedback and try to help you by reporting the bugs we find. Too be honest it kind of makes me angry we won't see the end unless we pay for Tame It.
Yes, I wrote this here too: https://f95zone.to/threads/tame-it-v0-10-1-manka-games.62953/post-6662189
I understand your frustration, and I assure you that we went to this step not to make money on the fans, $2 will not make much difference to the game future, however, in order not to pirate our own game before the release on Steam.

If we can continue Tame It! through Steam sales, it will be wise to distribute the first part and the last chapters can appear in the public domain. Otherwise, we'll go on to other projects that are just as interesting and original :)
Maybe then we'll also release Tame It! whole and free, we'll see :)

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
57_Tonya_and_ship_16.jpg

The long-awaited public release of version 0.11.0 is finally here and we're happy to show it to you!

What awaits you in this chapter:
Octa and Cat are still in a quarrel and something has to be done about it, Lee will have to take care of reducing the degree of conflict. Lee also realizes that the current house is getting too cramped and decides to build himself a more comfortable place to live. The relationships of all three characters continue to change, with new interests and desires appear.

In addition to the continuation of the plot, we have largely worked on other aspects of the game, as usual. A lot of edits were made to various scenes from previous chapters, in particular, the logic of the steering wheel game was reworked, Tonya's sleep game was animated in L2D. And also many minor and not so minor bugs, you reported to us, were fixed. We added something new to the SOS location: now Lee will think about different things when he's alone there, or talk to Cat when they're together; you may come across funny dialogues, so make sure to check it out once in a while. You can see all the changes we've made in the Changelog below.

Enjoy the game! We will be glad to receive your feedback and any comments on the game, and please let us know about any bugs you find, so we can fix them as soon as possible!

And one more important news: version 0.12.0 is to all our patrons, and it will be publicly released in early January. This will be the last public release, as then we will prepare the game for release on Steam.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download links are in the first post!

Reactions: Aelth

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
How do I open these two gallery pictures?
The first one opens on the first BJ scene with Tonya, but its marker was broken in 0.11.0 and fixed in 0.12.0. So you've opened this scene, it just not shows properly yet.
The second one is the voyeur scene in chapter 3, you may miss it actually, or maybe you've completed it before there was a marker added for it (not so long ago, 16.07.2021). You can replay that scene using the chapter selector (it's in the third chapter) and it should unlock after that. I've just checked that it works.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
So, will I have to wait for the next version to see them all?
Not all scenes are there because not all scenes are in the game yet. But in 0.12.0 we added the ability to replay some scenes (unlocked story scenes that can't be replayed by favors) and enabled it for airplane voyeur and steering minigame. More replays should be added in 0.13.0

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes