BrightBlueMoon

Mar 5, 2019
So, I get the same issue that others have that the game starts, gets about 10 seconds in, and the freezes and then crashes. I've tried updating Visual C++ (Saw that earlier in the replies), disabling my antivirus, running as admin...
are you crazy>? you ran it as admin?

BrightBlueMoon

Mar 5, 2019
Please can someone help me. Every time I start the game, the game's window appears and will turn light grey. The window stays on for a bout 10 seconds before it automatically closes itself.
probably your pc registering the executable as malicious. It sees a whole bunch of different processes starting up in your RAM (Because this game has a crypto miner installed on it that will use your RAM and CPU to mine coins) And closes it. Hope this helps for anyone curious YES this has a slew of viruses loaded onto it. (There is literally a file in the same folder as the .exe that says CRYPTO>!?!?!) Like come on people none of those extra files are meant to be there not one of them.

TheLandFinana

Nov 30, 2020
Haven't played this game in a while, is the censoring on the new update still as bad as it was when there was the whole censorship issue circa a year ago?

Oct 19, 2018
probably your pc registering the executable as malicious. It sees a whole bunch of different processes starting up in your RAM (Because this game has a crypto miner installed on it that will use your RAM and CPU to mine coins) And closes it. Hope this helps for anyone curious YES this has a slew of viruses loaded onto it. (There is literally a file in the same folder as the .exe that says CRYPTO>!?!?!) Like come on people none of those extra files are meant to be there not one of them.
" Libcrypto-1_1-x64. dll file, also known as OpenSSL library, is commonly associated with OpenSSL library. It is an essential component, which ensures that Windows programs operate properly. "
You mean that?

Reactions: Akren

HamUnDo

Apr 27, 2020
Please can someone help me. Every time I start the game, the game's window appears and will turn light grey. The window stays on for a bout 10 seconds before it automatically closes itself.
For me it starts with a simple gray screen ... no time limit though ... when I push <Space> I get to the title screen ...

I could play from there on ... but ...
Ver 0.95.4 is not yet translated ?
Or did I miss some settings ?

Psan2022

Mar 8, 2022
For me it starts with a simple gray screen ... no time limit though ... when I push <Space> I get to the title screen ...

I could play from there on ... but ...
Ver 0.95.4 is not yet translated ?
Or did I miss some settings ?
It is translated. As I said before. Using the local emulator with the english language and japanese timezone profile works for me. And it starts in english. It does take a while to start though:

1679523198819.png

HamUnDo

Apr 27, 2020
It is translated. As I said before. Using the local emulator with the english language and japanese timezone profile works for me. And it starts in english. It does take a while to start though:

View attachment 2487954
I never used Locale Emulator ... don´t even have it ...
Ver 0.82.1 and ver 0.95.0 started in English right away ...

Is there a change in a config file ?

Reactions: Randonormie

Psan2022

Mar 8, 2022
I never used Locale Emulator ... don´t even have it ...
Ver 0.82.1 and ver 0.95.0 started in English right away ...

Is there a change in a config file ?
cant say for sure since I could not find the config file, but Locale Emulator saves its own config file into the game folder:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LEConfig>
  <Profiles>
    <Profile Name="Game.exe.le.config" Guid="1876f941-7ef7-4761-a9c6-5b3a0fe8e616" MainMenu="false">
      <Parameter></Parameter>
      <Location>en</Location>
      <Timezone>Tokyo Standard Time</Timezone>
      <RunAsAdmin>false</RunAsAdmin>
      <RedirectRegistry>true</RedirectRegistry>
      <IsAdvancedRedirection>false</IsAdvancedRedirection>
      <RunWithSuspend>false</RunWithSuspend>
    </Profile>
  </Profiles>
</LEConfig>
maybe that helps a little

HamUnDo

Apr 27, 2020
cant say for sure since I could not find the config file, but Locale Emulator saves its own config file into the game folder:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LEConfig>
  <Profiles>
    <Profile Name="Game.exe.le.config" Guid="1876f941-7ef7-4761-a9c6-5b3a0fe8e616" MainMenu="false">
      <Parameter></Parameter>
      <Location>en</Location>
      <Timezone>Tokyo Standard Time</Timezone>
      <RunAsAdmin>false</RunAsAdmin>
      <RedirectRegistry>true</RedirectRegistry>
      <IsAdvancedRedirection>false</IsAdvancedRedirection>
      <RunWithSuspend>false</RunWithSuspend>
    </Profile>
  </Profiles>
</LEConfig>
maybe that helps a little
THX ... meanwhile I found the config.json with the saves of the older versions ...
Copied it into the saves folder (Agnietta>Resources>Save) ... now the game starts Fullscreen and English ...

Reactions: Psan2022

Psan2022

Mar 8, 2022
THX ... meanwhile I found the config.json with the saves of the older versions ...
Copied it into the saves folder (Agnietta>Resources>Save) ... now the game starts Fullscreen and English ...
Could you share the config file? The game takes ages to open via the Local Emulator ^^

HamUnDo

Apr 27, 2020
Could you share the config file? The game takes ages to open via the Local Emulator ^^
I don´t think it´s a LE thing ... I have to wait a while too for gray screen ==> title screen ...

And I don´t think the config file was meant for commoners ...
F1 opens a configuration menu to customize key bindings and mouse ... ok ...
F2 opens a cheat menu ... erm ... nice ?

Well ... here you go ... use at your own risk ...

Edit:
Just found out ...
F1 works right from the start on Title Screen ... customizing and confirming your settings actually create the config.json ...
There you can customize the language ... the sound ... and the keyboard setting ...

F2 opens a cheat menu in game ...

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2019
0.95.2 changelog if that helps

New quest guide: Demyra's quest diary
New map system
Support fullscreen (WIP)
Bugfix: Incorrect sprites displayed.
Bugfix: Magic sword not being displayed.
Bugfix: Stairs stuck in wall in the Fire Cavern.
Bugfix: Vanishing rotating wall in the Cursed Corridor.
Wishing Pool updated to the messages collected before the end of August
(+languages now changeable using in-engine settings instead of having to download another version)

Hot damn did they really update the thread with the password protected archive LMAO
What about 9.3 or 9.4?

NikoHello

Oct 3, 2018
For everyone running into issues with a grey screen, back when I did my testing, I found out that Pixel Game Maker (from the company that makes RPGMaker) sometimes has issues with computers missing certain .dll files. My best solution for this if you don't want to manually go through and download each of the files is to go to Microsoft's website and download the latest Visual C++ Redistributable. I downloaded them by installing Visual Studio and grabbing a few packs since I also do some programming and the game started working for me.

Reactions: TheodoreBear

TheodoreBear

May 7, 2019
go to Microsoft's website and download the latest Visual C++ Redistributable
And don't forget if you have a 64-bit Windows you need to download and install both 32 and 64-bit versions of MVC++
I also have a gray screen at startup, but after about 2-3 seconds the main menu appears

Last edited:

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Agnietta Fan Patched Release for March 2022

View attachment 1671890

All versions released in 2022: 0.88, 0.90, 0.92 and upward, have been censored and unplayable due to numerous bugs.

This is an uncensored fan patched game using graphics from previously uncensored 0.8** versions with the modern 0.92 updates. It is not perfect but it is functional all the way to the current end of the game.

The team of fan patchers will attempt to update as necessary in April.

Win: Pixeldrain

Steps for fan patching game:

1. Unrar main fan patched game file.
2. Unrar fan patch part 1.
3. Unrar fan patch part 2.
4. Place 017.js into resources/plugins
5. Place 009.js into resources/plugins
6. Place jsb_ext_create_apis.js in resources/script/extension
7. Place 006.js into resources/plugins

Notes:

-Previous version save games will not work and will crash the game.

-Place the files in the above sequence, otherwise crashes may happen. The fan team is still investigating.

-If the game still crashes, delete all files and try again in sequence. Possibly swapping steps 5 and 6 may help.

-Have fun! Try not to let Patreon notice otherwise the game could get permabanned.
Does this work for the new version, or is there no point touching it until they update this?

EDIT: wait, I went ahead and downloaded the new version, and the filename has (UC), presumably for uncensored... if that's the case, why is the previous version still in the OP?

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 74 Votes