TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
The scene I wrote about IS actually from the prologue.
Ahh ok... I don't remember it being that bad. Just her being flustered about seeing you out of the coma (and about her being on the toilet at the time) then very seriously pissed that you can't remember her (which equals gibbering i guess).

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Ok so I already finished the prologue and I'm on version 0.1.
When you first meet the mail girl and she has a letter for you I can see the first render but then everything goes black for the rest of the conversation and I can only read (and listen to) the dialogue. Does this happen to everyone? I mean, even the glasses icon is there but I don't get any render, it's all black.

BTW I reeeaaaally love her accent, which is the one I grew up listening to while I studied English back in my younger days. A cataleptic Brit, yumyum :cool:

Soulbleed

May 2, 2018
"v. 0.3b
changed to version-numbers because people got confused"

And now we're on v0.1, followed by a separate (un-numbered) xmas release .... So, how's that switch to version numbers to avoid confusion working out for ya?
I decided that since it's a new year, i should go through my bookmark library and check on the progress on some games i enjoyed.

What game is next on the list? Bookmark says "The Awakening Chapter 3 Part 1", lets have a look!
Strange, it says the current version is "Christmas Episode +0.1 + Prologue", im not sure if that means it has been updated or not.
Lets check the change-log, that will clear things up! Oh boy was i wrong!

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Does this happen to everyone? I mean, even the glasses icon is there but I don't get any render, it's all black.
It was fine for me on pc, there is 0.1 here (the one I have) and 0.1b (music removed) could try the other version.
...Lets check the change-log, that will clear things up! Oh boy was i wrong!
If your bookmark was chapter 3 part 1 then the game got a remake while you were away, there's about a hours more content (being generous). Altogether with the prologue (and again being generous) two hours (but really amazing animation).

If you decide to give it go follow the ops new player warning (chapter 3 part 1 is now the prologue)...

"New Players: Play Prologue, v0.1, and then Christmas Episode in that order"

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
It was fine for me on pc, there is 0.1 here (the one I have) and 0.1b (music removed) could try the other version.
I've started the game again today and now there's no such problem. I don't know what happened yesterday.
Thank you though for your suggestion ;)

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
I'm loving the characters here and can't wait to see all stories to start!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

✘ Gαмєя ✘

Nov 8, 2018
Even if the game is currently small I am so happy that the dev is actually putting effort on this game This game has Great potential!!! Eagerly waiting for next update..Hope the devs keep up,btw models r Great..!!

madecant

Nov 3, 2018
I know this sounds like a stupid question. But what is the Christmas version. I downloaded the version 0.1 + Christmas. But don’t see anything about Christmas when playing. But I do like playing the game home next version won’t take long

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I know this sounds like a stupid question. But what is the Christmas version. I downloaded the version 0.1 + Christmas. But don’t see anything about Christmas when playing. But I do like playing the game home next version won’t take long
The Christmas version is a separate game basically. It's an episode that simply takes place at Christmas and has the MC experience a few encounters. It's short and although it could be technically seen as canon, it won't have any impact on the plot going forward.
v0.1 and the Christmas episode should be separate downloads. I think they share saves but you cannot load the saves from one into the other.

madecant

Nov 3, 2018
Ok thanks, that’s what I was thinking it should be. Evidently it wasn’t in the down load I’ll try again

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
This game needs to be consolidated. Having all these confusingly named files and multiple parts creates confusion and will almost certainly break the game in the long run due to the different files becoming incompatible. I've seen it happen before.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
...and will almost certainly break the game in the long run due to the different files becoming incompatible. I've seen it happen before.
But the different versions aren't compatible anyway. We got the new player warning in the op to try and help...

The prologue could be take out of the spoiler to make it more visible I guess, but that might not help as the warning is often missed. The special is supposed to get squished into the main game with 2.0. But the prologue would likely need remaking, taking time away from new content being made.

Unrelated but looks like patrons can now see a preview off Nurse Mk2.

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
That's my point. If the game gets large, no one is gonna want to go back and make a single game out of it, and it will end up and dozens of miniature "episodes" all being slightly different, rather than a single game. See for example what happened with Ethan's Legacy, a game that is now and forever more 8 different, incompatible game segments that will never be merged, making it hard for anyone to play it.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Does v0.1 has decent content(in terms of playing time)?
It isn't that long on it's own but you need to play the prologue first, like it says in the op...

Them you'll have a hour or two depending on play speed (and some very good animation to watch).

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
It isn't that long on it's own but you need to play the prologue first, like it says in the op...

Them you'll have a hour or two depending on play speed (and some very good animation to watch).
I already played and finished the prologue a long time ago, I only want to know the length time of v0.1. But thanks anyway.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight
3.90 star(s) 117 Votes