VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Best Days of Our Lives [v0.5] [UndergroundStudio]

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Since I have viewed the images and have read through the script, I have a few observations.

This is a well-written game. The interactions between characters are natural, unforced, and occasionally quite humorous. All of the characters are attractive, and all the girls lovely, at least for my tastes. One of the characters is a bit of a lunkhead, but that is to be expected in a college game. Every college game needs a 'Derek'.

Basically, we have an existing 4-person social group that the MC has just joined because his roommate is one of them. [Yes, you can rename the MC, but not any of the others.] So, now we have a group of 3 guys and 2 girls. But none of the girls seem to be sexually attracted to the other 2 guys... at the moment. There are 3 other girls that we meet in this first release. One of them the MC says he wants to get to know better, which will apparently happen in the next release. Every girl that the MC meets does seem to like him... a lot. [He's one of those guys!]

About relationships with the MC, I can say that there are relationship points with all of the 5 girls we have met in this release, plus points for another girl we haven't met yet. None of these relationship points were incremented or accessed in this release.

We will have forced contact with girls. We already have it with the ones we have met. But given the existence of the relationship points, I would assume that we (as players) don't have to pursue any of them as sex objects.

There is one choice in this release.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It would appear to me, given what I have seen and what the developer has told us, that this is not a harem game and that there will need to be multiple playthroughs to get all the sex scenes with all the girls. We may be able to get all the girls, especially if we can change girlfriends as the developer has indicated, but if we are with one girlfriend at a point in time, we are not going to see the scenes with the other girls at that time.

By the way, there is NO sex or even nudity in this release.

Since there are two other guys (besides the MC), and the MC is supposed to be making a choice for one of the girls as his girlfriend, those other two guys are going to be getting some action. I believe the developer has confirmed this. I don't know if any of that will be on-screen or not, or avoidable or not, if it is on-screen.

I am looking forward to future releases of this one. (y)

LegendKing23

Feb 15, 2019
If this is not a harem game(i hope it is someway somehow or i can go for all of them at one route but not really harem) i reeaaalllyy don't want to see let's say you go for 2 girls for one route and you can only get that much in one route i reeaally like reeaally don't want to see the other girls that i can't get, have scenes with the other dudes and how they get it on or see they relationship grow or whatever.

It will kill the game for me seriously when i make a save and choose to go for the other routes and get those girls for a different save but i'm worried about the other save girls to get it on with the other dudes. So i hope this will not turn in to "oh you choose those girls because you can't choose all of em at one route, well the rest of em gonna get it on with the others and vice versa". We don't see in BaDik again let's say you go for Jill route you don't see Sage or Josy or any other girl get it on with the others(i think? it's been sometime since i last played that game) so yeah it kinda worries me. But we will see i guess. Good luck on the game.

Edit: That's why i don't really like male friends in these games now i'm going to be worrying about this when i play it. But when you have a male friends that has they own love interest that different from the main cast basically minor character that our friends have as a girlfriend than that is good. Not the main girls as love interest's for them dawg.

Last edited:

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
This felt less like a first version and more like a Demo.

It was mostly kinetic and just a telling of a story, rather than being a VN. The whole Ben getting absorbed into this already established group feels a little forced and out of place. I don't know, I guess we'll see how the next part goes.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Hi everyone,

As we read your assumptions and questions about the game we want to give you answers to at least some of them.

1. The MC's active relationship(s) will NOT be affected by any other male characters. (i.e. If you're in a relationship, your partner will not be interested in other guys.) But the characters you're not in relationship with may have other romantic interests. As they too have a life, no matter how fictional it may be.

2. If you END a relationship with a character, some of them may get together with someone else. (But the breakup will not be anything strong or hate-driven, it will be a soft, mutually consented, friendly parting.)

3. Lesbians and threesomes (Male, Female, Female) will definitely be a thing (in one of the routes)

4. There will be a truth or dare / spin-the-bottle scenario involving the entire group in the future - (It won't be too sexual, but we can never be sure about what each player considers as too much, so letting you know in advance.)

5. The game will be split into three major sections (Year one, two & three) - and the characters you can form a relationship with will change in each year. You can choose to stick to the same character(s) throughout all three years or switch it up if you want.

6. As for the planned sexual content: It will mostly be all the vanilla stuff you could expect from a romance genre. We may occasionally explore some kinks like bdsm, etc, (But even those will be very light & playful in tone - never too hardcore.)

We're glad that most of you liked the game! Thank you all for kind words!
So no chance for a full harem route? That's disappointing.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
This felt less like a first version and more like a Demo.

It was mostly kinetic and just a telling of a story, rather than being a VN. The whole Ben getting absorbed into this already established group feels a little forced and out of place. I don't know, I guess we'll see how the next part goes.
Well, the MC is dragged into the group by his new dorm mate, which seems perfectly natural to me. This MC is outgoing and not introverted at all, so why wouldn't he join in? This group may be established, but they are all new to college. Seems to me they would not be reluctant to add a new member, especially one who seems to be accepting of them. There are no snobs or wallflowers in this group.

It IS forced, because it's the central theme of the game so far, which kind of makes it IN place, by design.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Some personal thoughts:

The issue of girls being able to have romantic relationships with other people, personally does not bother me. I choose who to be romantically involved with and I am aware that whoever I do not choose can have a love relationship other than with the MC.

As long as it does not become a voyeur game, in which we are forced to see other characters having sex. Either the MC sees it or only we players see it.

Same with lesbians and threesomes / group sex. As long as my main love interest is not forced to be intimate with another girl or I am forced to have threesomes, I'll be fine. And I wonder what different routes there will be. For example, being faithful to the girl you decide to be with, being a playboy who tries to get all the girls (whether with bad consequences or not), etc. We have to wait to see it.

Thanks for answering our questions! We understand that you can't answer everyone and you can't please everyone, but of course it's appreciated.
Yeah, definitely don't want this to become a game where the MC is peeking on his friends as they all make out. That said I suppose if it was an option, for those who are into it, and it didn't impact the MC's chances to romance anyone I'd be okay with it.

I hope the Devs actually allow us to play through and not have sex with anyone, I always try for a no sex run on games. Just my thing. I try to see if the developer has made a game with a strong enough story that it doesn't need sex to make it interesting.

As for Lesbians and threesomes/group sex. I really hope the developers don't make it that every female character is bi or willing to try lesbian sex with the lame "it's college, everyone experiments" excuse. If that was the case then logically the male characters would also experiment.

I really hope there are consequences for playing the field. I also hope that an MC who is loyal sees some "rewards" from being loyal to his girlfriend.

These devs seem to really engage with the pervs on this site which is nice to see. Not everyone can handle us...

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Which is why I said it felt kinetic.

Did you miss that?
Well, you were right, because it mostly is... so far. Which I have also pointed out in my initial post. However, given the number of ladies (6) the MC can pursue and the stated plans of the developer, that won't continue for long. IF this game is continued, I expect there will have to be a lot of meaningful chances to make. I'm looking forward to choices to make and points to garner.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Leaving aside the question of what the other guys in this game will be doing and how (or if) it will be portrayed, I'm wondering what will happen if the MC doesn't choose any one girl, but tries to play the field? Or if he does pick one and has sex with someone else, what happens then? I have a feeling that it won't go well for him either way.

It should be obvious that I like how well this game is written enough to even give a damn about those questions. :D

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well, you were right, because it mostly is... so far. Which I have also pointed out in my initial post. However, given the number of ladies (6) the MC can pursue and the stated plans of the developer, that won't continue for long. IF this game is continued, I expect there will have to be a lot of meaningful chances to make. I'm looking forward to choices to make and points to garner.
I really hope there are a lot more choices coming because if it continues like this they should slap the Kinetic Novel label on it. If MrKnobb's "Retrieving The Past" can be tagged as a Kinetic Novel then this one surely would qualify if it continues with so few choices. But it is early so I am willing to see what happens in the next few updates before I make up my mind.

Leaving aside the question of what the other guys in this game will be doing and how (or if) it will be portrayed, I'm wondering what will happen if the MC doesn't choose any one girl, but tries to play the field? Or if he does pick one and has sex with someone else, what happens then? I have a feeling that it won't go well for him either way.

It should be obvious that I like how well this game is written enough to even give a damn about those questions. :D
I hope he can play the field but that there also will be some girls who don't like it. So maybe trying to go out with all of them means that come year two one of the girls is just not interested in him. The player/MC would still have 5 potential love interests. I don't want 100% realism or anything but I do think that if they are trying for a realistic approach then the LI and the guys who have been their friends for years should be upset if the MC tries to wham bam thank you ma'am one of the "main" girls.

For me the introduction with, essentially, no choices to make was somewhat off-putting. And the college setting is really worn out in AVN so I am going to need to see something different before I get too excited for this game.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I really hope there are a lot more choices coming because if it continues like this they should slap the Kinetic Novel label on it. If MrKnobb's "Retrieving The Past" can be tagged as a Kinetic Novel then this one surely would qualify if it continues with so few choices. But it is early so I am willing to see what happens in the next few updates before I make up my mind.

I hope he can play the field but that there also will be some girls who don't like it. So maybe trying to go out with all of them means that come year two one of the girls is just not interested in him. The player/MC would still have 5 potential love interests. I don't want 100% realism or anything but I do think that if they are trying for a realistic approach then the LI and the guys who have been their friends for years should be upset if the MC tries to wham bam thank you ma'am one of the "main" girls.

For me the introduction with, essentially, no choices to make was somewhat off-putting. And the college setting is really worn out in AVN so I am going to need to see something different before I get too excited for this game.
All I can tell you is that variables exist for 6 girls, and that the developer's outline for the future mandates choices.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
All I can tell you is that variables exist for 6 girls, and that the developer's outline for the future mandates choices.
The variables may be there but that doesn't mean we will see a lot of choices. In theory it could be a choice per update - "which LI does the MC hang out with" scenario. But I am not going to speculate, too early to really judge.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The variables may be there but that doesn't mean we will see a lot of choices. In theory it could be a choice per update - "which LI does the MC hang out with" scenario. But I am not going to speculate, too early to really judge.
To be precise, there are 3 sets of variables for each possible LI: "points", "relation", and "flipflop". The first-two most likely have to do with friendship and sexual attraction. Which is which? I don't know, since neither of them have been touched yet. The last one probably has to do with the changing of girlfriends mentioned by the developer. And/or it may involve cheating or playing the field. Who knows? I just know that you don't need 3 completely different sets of variables (18 total) to indicate one choice per update.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time a developer started with a points system, only to abandon it later. Choices are easier to control than keeping track of points. [You did 'this' or you did 'that', and you need to have done 'that' to do 'the other thing'. Much easier than keeping track of the maximum points possible, and how many points you need to do 'the other thing'. If the plot is complex, even the developers have trouble keeping points straight.]

But we will never know how this will play out, until it actually does.

Reactions: MrFriendly
4.20 star(s) 25 Votes