JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
The description for this story sounds fantastic,but it also sounds like corruption should belong among the Genre Tags. You can not beat a good Vamp story/game

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I think to fix that should be like this :
$ Characters[18].Glossary[1] = "Metamorph"
Because that suppose to fill Ciara Glossary Power from ??? become Metamorph.
For anyone else running into this type of errors - and similar errors - these are easily fixable by modifying the file with Notepad++ and selecting "Python" as the language. Alternatively, you can just ignore the error as the only thing it seems to do is update the glossary and doesn't set any storyline variables.

Shack 24

Dec 19, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.41 + Walkthrough by LightmanP
Size 190 MB

Old saves no longer work (prior to v0.32)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is this going to be updated?

CoffeeDrinker

May 7, 2018

So, some of you who are hanging on discord may have noticed that realized I was missing an entire scene a couple of days ago. I'm finishing up working on that oopsie and touching up the rest of the content, but I haven't done much of the programming work at all.
The only thing I did so far was add a recursive sorting solution to the glossary, which is pretty great considering I only used recursing once like a decade ago. And my programming professor thought I wouldn't get anywhere! Hah, joke's on him! Now I just have to figure out a way to notify players of new entries so they don't have to check everything for new stuff, and a bunch of other behind the scenes/QoL stuff and new programming for the exploration part...

Anyway, I'll try to squeeze out first release before the end of the month, but realistically there's very little chance for that to happen. So I think the releases will sadly have to be postponed for sometime in the first week of November, which is a shame. I was hoping I could shorten the release cadence a bit, at least for this release, as it's around 10-15% smaller than usual "2 months" releases, but it seems like the opposite will happen and it will be a couple of days late.

EtTruciMesorem

Aug 10, 2022
JenusKudo Arrdvark lilithcultist

Edit: Updated for v0.62

Just since I saw a few asking for cheats;

This will boost the 10 stats on the left side of the character panel. [the stats that can't be changed in the save editor]
If you want to change your money, power, control or energy that can be done via; saveeditonline.com

This should not require restarting and should be compatible with the WT mod that is already available.
It will need to be updated with each new version though I think.

Let me know if there are any problems.
Obviously drop the "game" folder from the .rar file in your main "The Bite Revenant" folder.
JenusKudo Arrdvark lilithcultist

Edit: Updated for v0.62

Just since I saw a few asking for cheats;

This will boost the 10 stats on the left side of the character panel. [the stats that can't be changed in the save editor]
If you want to change your money, power, control or energy that can be done via; saveeditonline.com

This should not require restarting and should be compatible with the WT mod that is already available.
It will need to be updated with each new version though I think.

Let me know if there are any problems.
Obviously drop the "game" folder from the .rar file in your main "The Bite Revenant" folder.
how do i use saveeditonline.com? which file do i upload and which values should i change, i dont want to fuck up the game accidently

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
which file do i upload and which values should i change, i dont want to fuck up the game accidently
Its for editing saves, so after making a save in-game, open the 'game' folder, then open the 'save' folder and upload the save of your choice [usually most recent, so you can sort the folder by date modified].

Honestly, so far, I've not needed to edit a save to get a specific outcome, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Reactions: EtTruciMesorem

CoffeeDrinker

May 7, 2018

Hey, guys.
So, I had lots of time over the weekend to work on programming side and... managed to accomplish very little. And it looks to me like unless I get an epiphany that things will change much, so yeah... Big sad.

Anyway, I think I spent enough time putting it off, so here's the release dates:
11th of November - Master Researchers
15th of November - Assistants
18th of November - Supporters

If things work out somehow great. If not I'll figure something out for the next release and ship this one with just the story related stuff and what I manage to implement. Oki, bye!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Hey, guys.
So, I had lots of time over the weekend to work on programming side and... managed to accomplish very little. And it looks to me like unless I get an epiphany that things will change much, so yeah... Big sad.

Anyway, I think I spent enough time putting it off, so here's the release dates:
11th of November - Master Researchers
15th of November - Assistants
18th of November - Supporters

If things work out somehow great. If not I'll figure something out for the next release and ship this one with just the story related stuff and what I manage to implement. Oki, bye!

Writer's block sucks, and I'd imagine it's the same for a block in programming. If you want to have a game do something specific and can't figure out how to get it to happen, I'm sure that's gotta be frustrating. I have a lot of programmer friends who have to shift to doing something else for a while just so they can come back to slog through something difficult they're trying to do. I'm sure Madmate will figure something out. Hope he's not too discouraged.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I think the traits system was a mistake. Not the system itself, It can be a great thing in vidyas like VTM but when you're making your first visual novel alone better keep it simple. Use some flags to keep track of relationships and forget about complex point systems.

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Alright time to make a fresh save to have everything in mind and hit on Zoey :D

I do have one question, madmate.games ; dunno if you can or want to answer it but have to try :giggle: (if you'd rather no say it, no problem ofc)

I feel like this is one of those things that confirming or denying would show too much? So yeah, I'd rather skip in this case as well.
it's a very nice story and a great foray into the vampire fantasy genre. i love the twists and turns, even though the RPG elements seem somewhat useless as of now. very good renders and quite nice visual representations of what you are trying to convey. honestly, i have only one issue with the entire game and that's the historical tie-in (which is completely wrong, unless it's what you were going for). that tells me you are putting more thought into both the story and the entire visual representation of it than most realize.
overall, good game! good luck going forward!
As there are several mentions of historical events/figures and almost every time they get warped for the sake of the story, you might have to be a bit more specific. If you are referring to the connection between Vlad and Stephan, or the gruesome tale of Elizabeth Bathory, those stories are only partially true and the rest is made up.
Fun fact, one of the next releases was supposed to feature J.R.R.Tolkien, but I couldn't find enough of appropriate period uniforms so that idea had to be scrapped.

EDIT: Almost forgot the most important part... OP is updated with new version!
Fair warning: choosing a certain path will result in a rather short update.

May 31, 2020
Mistake was, to give Emilia power to rip my heart out, instead of accepting my authority, like submissive pet, in fear what i am capable of do to her. And now, that she had her hands on my throat, bitch will submit to me or die as soon as i get a chance. :devilish:
Man of culture... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::devilish::devilish: she needs to pay one way or another.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
[Ren'Py] The Bite: Revenant [v0.71] [madmate.games] [UQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 919MB
Repack size: 402MB

PC = / / /
MacOS (EngineFilesOnly) = (Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

If you prefer Super Compressed Repack (191MB) at the cost of Quality, check out MinQ Edition in below spoiler.

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :alien:

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 69 Votes