phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Was this on here before under a different name? I kinda remember playing this some time back.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Was this on here before under a different name? I kinda remember playing this some time back.
TESS (The Eternal Sunset Society) was my first experiment; then I continued with Love MorteM, which although it is an experiment, it would be the 1st "official" VN.
But TBR would be almost a TESS 2.0, much simpler but with the same engine, I also rescue "Leonor" who remains similar to that VN Dhalia and Sandra have more changes, the story is not the same either (missing for example milagros, who was a central axis).
Both TESS, TBR and Love MorteM take place in the same universe.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Minor plot point. The English translation uses pastor and minister for two different people. These are basically interchangeable in Church speak because a minister (Protestant usually) and a pastor (Catholic or Protestant) are those guys doing their song and dance in front of the congregation on Sundays. Ministers definitely don't refer to whomever might own the local gun store, although this may be another translation lossage where you are actually referring to the armory of the local national guard. Even then, the guy/girl in charge would probably be referred to by a military rank like Lt, Capt, Col or General with an outside chance that you are actually referring to the Prime Minister of a country (as opposed to El Presidente?). Anyway this had me all sorts of confused about who I had to go see about selling certain videos.

Reactions: Jhon1885

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Minor plot point. The English translation uses pastor and minister for two different people. These are basically interchangeable in Church speak because a minister (Protestant usually) and a pastor (Catholic or Protestant) are those guys doing their song and dance in front of the congregation on Sundays. Ministers definitely don't refer to whomever might own the local gun store, although this may be another translation lossage where you are actually referring to the armory of the local national guard. Even then, the guy/girl in charge would probably be referred to by a military rank like Lt, Capt, Col or General with an outside chance that you are actually referring to the Prime Minister of a country (as opposed to El Presidente?). Anyway this had me all sorts of confused about who I had to go see about selling certain videos.
The translation of the second update is being corrected, thanks for the pointers (y)

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
This is a complicated point, I'm glad you noticed that! (although I don't know if it's due to the translation, just in case).
In Love MorteM it is explored a little more.
The "religion" is a branch (apocryphal and blasphemous) of Catholicism "the Sixthurian church" of father Sixthus.
This goes with the lore of "The Veil of Shadows".
Those ecclesiastical positions as "The Shepherd" is because he "guides the sheep" and "The Minister" administers the place (that's why he is Joseph's "Partner").
The armory thing is very well as you say, I don't know if you have finished the version, but it talks something about that with the MC already in the Linear VN part.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Typo. Also I notice some confusing of the name for the NPC. At one point I think the dialog referred to her as Marseille instead of Marsella. Don't get me started on whether she should really be called Marcella :)

Code:
  File "game/tl/English/charlas/charla marse.rpy", line 85, in script
    marssella "Don't waste your time, I can't help you with the objects of your initiation."
Exception: Sayer 'marssella' is not defined.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I was trying to figure out why I still have the quest that "I need to talk to Joeseph for work" since I never get a dialog with him anywhere to achieve this. This was possibly due to my console cheating dinero for $20 to quickly get the sauna scene. At any rate:

Code:
TheBlueprintRequieM-0.2-pc/game $ find . -name "*.rpy" -exec grep -iH "talk to joeseph for work" {} \;
grep: ./varios/Galeria.rpy: Is a directory
grep: ./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy: Is a directory
It's a bad idea to use a directory name with the extension ".rpy". It also looks like this is an artifact from the English translation that doesn't prevent it from just being renamed to "Galeria" instead:

Code:
TheBlueprintRequieM-0.2-pc/game $ find . -name "*.rpy" -exec grep -iH "galeria.rpy" {} \;          grep: ./varios/Galeria.rpy: Is a directory
grep: ./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy: Is a directory
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:22
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:31
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:40
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:58
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:67
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:76
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:85
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:197
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:206
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:94
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/dalia_galeria.rpy:103
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:116
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:117
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:124
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:125
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:132
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:133
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:140
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:141
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:148
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:149
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:151
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:152
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:159
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:160
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:167
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:168
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:175
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:178
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:181
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:182
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:# game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:183
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:31
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:40
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:71
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:81
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:91
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/extras.rpy:101
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/Galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/Galeria.rpy:10
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/Galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/Galeria.rpy:19
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/Galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/Galeria.rpy:27
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/Galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/Galeria.rpy:35
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/Galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/Galeria.rpy:94
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/yanina_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/yanina_gal.rpy:68
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/yanina_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/yanina_gal.rpy:77
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/yanina_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/yanina_gal.rpy:95
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/yanina_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/yanina_gal.rpy:104
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/yanina_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/yanina_gal.rpy:274
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:31
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:40
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:49
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:58
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:67
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:76
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:94
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:244
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:253
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:108
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/laura_gal.rpy:117
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/marla_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/marla_galeria.rpy:31
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/marla_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/marla_galeria.rpy:67
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/marla_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/marla_galeria.rpy:159
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/marla_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/marla_galeria.rpy:76
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/marla_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/marla_galeria.rpy:86
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/marsella_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/marsella_galeria.rpy:31
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/marsella_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/marsella_galeria.rpy:41
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/marsella_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/marsella_galeria.rpy:50
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:31
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:40
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:49
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:132
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:141
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:151
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:160
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:181
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:190
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:199
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:208
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:217
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:227
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:237
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:246
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:255
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:264
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:58
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/varios.rpy:292
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:49
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:58
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:67
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:181
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:190
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/sandra_galeria.rpy:76
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/leo_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/leo_galeria.rpy:40
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/leo_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/leo_galeria.rpy:67
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/leo_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/leo_galeria.rpy:76
./tl/English/varios/Galeria.rpy/leo_galeria.rpy:    # game/varios/Galeria.rpy/leo_galeria.rpy:85

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
So anyway.... Back to the Foundation work thing. I ended up finding out how to set trabajo so I could just "work" my way into the elevator properly. That made me understand about the clue "search the tank" and the missing dialog with Dhalia about it that I would never have seen.

This circles back to the whole fragile setup here about getting a foundation job being reliant on "properly" doing the sauna and/or memory chip quest. The initial game mechanic of mc going around looting $5 bills in random places including stealing a poor waiter's tip had me immediately think about console cheating money. Whatever trigger is there for the dialog with Joseph needs to be persistent until the job is landed and it needs to be based on something much more robust like maybe just a day counter being at a minimum value.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Whoops. Attempting to use an unitialized variable. Since this is in the persistent store, it comes back as a None type and not just undefined.

Code:
  File "game/Escenas/3er_acto.rpy", line 328, in script
    $ persistent.gal_20 += 1
  File "game/Escenas/3er_acto.rpy", line 328, in <module>
    $ persistent.gal_20 += 1
You need to have it set to 0 somewhere at least. While grepping around, it would appear somebody left that out here in various/default.rpy

Code:
default persistent.gal_18 = 0
default persistent.gal_19 = 0
default persistent.gal_21 = 0

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
The problem, as we all know, is that NTR is a complicated concept inside a game because the players can point at any scene and say "This is NTR because I say so" and start a shit storm because of that.

Is watching your mother and her new boyfriend fuck, NTR?, no, it's not, but I'm 100% percent sure that someone will say it is.

In this first version the priority was to show how the family is changing after they were involved with the church, that means showing how they became much more sexually active.

In future versions the player will have the choice of following an NTR path or not, so far the MC was mostly following the plot, but in the next versions he will become a more active part of the story, that means more choices for the players, but expecting everyone to remain celibate while being part of a sexual cult is not very realistic.
I think you are right in your explanation, but also according to your explanation this game should have the ntr tag since you yourself are recognizing that there is an ntr path

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Typo. Also I notice some confusing of the name for the NPC. At one point I think the dialog referred to her as Marseille instead of Marsella. Don't get me started on whether she should really be called Marcella :)

Code:
  File "game/tl/English/charlas/charla marse.rpy", line 85, in script
    marssella "Don't waste your time, I can't help you with the objects of your initiation."
Exception: Sayer 'marssella' is not defined.
Thank you, there I was looking at those errors.
I didn't understand the .rpy, that's the script extension.
About using console cheats, unfortunately, as this game was for a jam (and I couldn't think of a better idea than making a point & click) the code is complicated, especially this quest thread, I'm thinking of doing something like passing all this part and get to the initiation or something like that as an option, maybe, if I can launch a "2.5" with that and some more scenes.

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
is there a way you could switch the chicks w/ dicks at the start of the story to just woman so that way we don't have to skip some content? like adding a rule or something?

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
is there a way you could switch the chicks w/ dicks at the start of the story to just woman so that way we don't have to skip some content? like adding a rule or something?
No, unfortunately they are part of the story, you can omit their scenes but not take them out or change them.

Reactions: Mikeyw and Purb

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Bug during main story
Code:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'NoneType' and 'int'

Second bug when clicking some shelves in the armory
Code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'estante'.

Reactions: Jhon1885

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Bug during main story
Code:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'NoneType' and 'int'

Second bug when clicking some shelves in the armory
Code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'estante'.
Thanks for sharing!
the two bugs are already fixed for 0.3
*The first one is that the gallery variable is missing, that's why the error, the second one I think is in the armory with a tag that I forgot to edit.

Gudil

Aug 21, 2021
Render quality is low. Image ratio is 4:3, because the 90s were fun. And it's a top down, 8bit, free roam game. There is a reason RPGM is an unpopular engine, why the hell bring that mechanic into a Ren'py game!?!

Even as a huge fan of Incest games, this is a hard pass for me.

Sorry.
Unpopular? I don't know about that. I love rpgm and know a lot of people who also love it. I don't know about this game though, not a fan of incest games, so I did not play it. Now if you are talking about grinding in a renpy game, I would totally agree with you, it is boring, I can stand grinding in an rpgm, or another kind of rpg games, because I grew playing them, but grinding in renpy games it is a no for me.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
a few scenes. what a generous dev, to give the MC a few scenes later on. thats what everyone wants!
I am not generous, I am a simple dev with Visual Novels that have almost no support and do it for pleasure more than anything else for more than economically at a loss, generous is Icstor!