4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021

Hey, hope everyone had a great end to 2021 and I hope 2022 is going great so far.

I wanted to jump on and give a quick update about what's been going on recently. I've been talking with Mr.Friendly and we've decided to take a scene out of Episode 3 and push it back to the start of Episode 4, doing this allows Episode 3 to end with a little suspense ( depending on which path you choose ).

Pushing that back also means the art for Episode 3 is now finished and just needs rendering which I can't start until I move into my new place.

Speaking of my new place, I got word today that the place is ready and I can finally view it and get the keys on Thursday. And if I'm being honest, even if I view it and the place is like a barn, I'm still taking it, lol.

If I start rendering the scene this Friday I might ( but not 100% ) be able to get a release out this month but like I always say, don't hold me to that :p a lot can go wrong from now and then.

I've also settled on a story for the 2nd game and I've started work on the script and some character designs, but don't really expect to hear or see much about that yet, I want to get a fully mockup of every episodes script done before I begin to write the actual script so keep that in mind.

But back to The Cabin, I've started work on Episode 4's scripts and should have a rough outline for that done within the next few days and the fact I'll now have my own place ( basically setting my 2nd room up as a rendering hub with multiple machines :p ), I'll be able to get updates out a little quicker. As an example, if I was already in there, then Episode 3 would already be fully rendered and ready for release, but sadly we're all stuck waiting.

Grosconnard

Aug 5, 2021
Do you plan to have more content with Linda down the track?

Like the story and slow burn so far it's nice for a change.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Odd, I found this game using the "latest games" tab choice, then narrowed my search looking for games that have a harem choice. But in the actual full game page description, it's not listed having a harem path. Was it removed or is it an error in the latest game tab listing?

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Odd, I found this game using the "latest games" tab choice, then narrowed my search looking for games that have a harem choice. But in the actual full game page description, it's not listed having a harem path. Was it removed or is it an error in the latest game tab listing?
It's still very early in the game so no harem yet. I suspect it will be a harem game because Cell is a true pervert.

:unsure: In fact I'm a little worried about what he might put in this game. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
It's still very early in the game so no harem yet. I suspect it will be a harem game because Cell is a true pervert.

:unsure: In fact I'm a little worried about what he might put in this game. :ROFLMAO:
Yea, not sure I'm gonna like where this is going. We'll see. :)

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of communication this month, moving has been a bitch and have been doing a lot of painting, phone calls and trying to move shit around.

I got the keys to the new place on the 15th but I've still not moved in yet as there have been a few issues which I'll touch on below.

I wanted to say that I'll be pausing payments for Feb, just because this month has pretty much been a stand still while I wait for shit to get sorted and nothing happening and I don't expect you guys to pay for that.

The Move:

Like I said above, I got the key's on the 15th of this month but still not moved in. This is because I didn't get electricity in the place until the 17th and upon finally getting the electric going I discovered a number of faults with the property that I wouldn't have been able to find without it such as no hot water and no heating.

It's still going to be a while before I get the heating fixed but I can use portable heaters for now to warm the place, the big issue is the hot water. Not only is there no hot water, there is no water at all going into the bath, so I'm waiting for a plumber to come in a fit some kind of pump on something so the water will get from the tank to the bath which I hope to have done in the next couple days.

The Release:

Even with these delays and pausing payments for Feb, I still expect to have a release out for Feb. Right now it's just waiting to be able to render which I can't do until I'm in the new place, which is why, water or not, I will be moved in by this Friday!

I'll then be able to start rendering and should have all the renders done by mid Feb.

CellStudios Collections:

I've been wanting to get back into comics for a while now, I have a .txt file full of comic ideas so I've decided to do a "CellStudios Collection" type thing where all my comics ( both future and past ) will be put in a collection using Ren'py.

I saw someone else do this and I really liked the idea and it'll help me get back to some of my old stories like The Void and MomBot ( unreleased ).

Using Ren'py will allow for all the comics to be in one place and will also allow you to change character names and roles, something that isn't possible with your traditional comic format. And by doing that, it'll allow me to release them here on Patreon.

Conclusion:

So in conclusion, expect a release next month and previews for the comics will be coming too :)

Bruno66

Oct 18, 2019

( Please note, the preview above is not from The Cabin! )
I've finally got my PC setup in my new place so all systems are go right now! I'm not 100% settled yet, I still need to go back to my old place every day for the next couple weeks but it'll only be for 1-2 hours a day so not to bad.
I still have high hopes for a release this month. I have 135 renders done out of 300 and those took 5-6 days to render, so I expect to have them all finished and rendered by the 20th, including any re-renders that might need doing.
Also, you probably noticed the poll I did a few days ago asking if you're a patron of both mine and Cheekys or just mine. The reason for this is we've decided to turn The Cabin into a bonus game for CheekyGimp patrons.
So what does this mean? Well I'll still be working on the game as normal and I'll still be releasing it here as normal too. The only thing that'll change is if you're already a patron of Cheekys, you won't need to be a patron of mine ( I would say it'll be sad to see you go but I'll still be seeing you over there :p ). I'll of course be posting progress reports, previews and releases on here too, you'll just also have access to it via cheekys patreon.
We've also setup a little section in the CheekyGimp discord server for patrons of The Cabin. The section will be for my patrons only so if you're on Cheekys discord, send myself or Ace a message and we'll give you the Cabins role to gain access to the section of the server.
( At the moment the section of the group might be a little buggy but bare with us. )
The News:
In other news, I've started some work on the comic collection I plan on releasing. Although they won't really be comics, more like short stories I guess as they'll be in Ren'py format and will possibly contain animations.
The collections will be called "Tales By Cell" and, like I said above, they will consist of small stories. A lot of these stories will be my own ideas, however, I do plan on doing some based off of my favourite videos ( adult videos which contain a certain fetish... 0.0 ) and a few stories will also be homages to old comics that made me want to get into the 3DCG industry in the first place, like Jag27.
The above preview is from a homage to one of Jag27's old comics called "A Mothers Sin". It was one of many I read when I was younger and is part of the reason I got into doing this sort of work, although I have to say, Seasons of Change was the one that really got me into the game :p and I do plan on doing a homage to that as well.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hey Folks,

Just wanted to let you know that CellStudios and I are parting ways. I've really enjoyed working on The Cabin with him but he has the opportunity to work with a writer who has more experience in the genre and I think it will be a great partnership for him. Not going to name any names, that's up to him.

Anyway, it has been fun. Best wishes to all involved.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 38 Votes