VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Changing Season [Ch.5] [Storyteller97]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
This game has exactly what I look for.

= Captivating story (especially the relationship with Lily).
= Meaningful choices.
= Beautiful girls (esp. Alex & June).
= Charming, lovable personalities (esp. Jenny, and perhaps Jane).

(Jane looks like 25 though, but I won't complain... ;) The MC is not "handsome" (rather scary face maybe), but I am a straight male, what do I know about male beauty?)

The only real disappointment is that this is another game that has limited monogamous view on relationships. Why can't I go to the Homecoming dance with Alex & Jenny both? They are BFF, they wouldn't mind to share! And dancing as a couple is not obligatory, trios can dance too...

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
So J is popular huh, Jane, Jenny, June.
Also A: Alan, Alex...
And L: Lana, Lily, Leon...
Perhaps it's a hidden advertisement of JAL?

I must admit, I got quite the surprise from this game, namely in one of those, that moment when you name the MC after your name, and one of the game characters has your name, and actually spelt the same way.
I was surprised too, but I checked, it's just a coincidence. Names like Alan, Leon etc. are hardcoded in variables.rpy.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
You are joking right, Alan, actually spelt the proper English way is a hardcoded variable, I find it odd given almost no one gets mine right, it is always either Allan or Allen.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Is there a written walkthrough to this? I missed a point with Lily in Ch 1 and can't figure out where. The only thing I can think of is when you first meet Lily, there is a choice of things to say ("...something witty", "mumble") but both options lead to the same "you broke him" response. Is that a bug and there is supposed to be different responses with a point attached to one? Otherwise I have no idea why I ended Ch 1 with 1/2 Lily points.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Is there a written walkthrough to this? I missed a point with Lily in Ch 1 and can't figure out where. The only thing I can think of is when you first meet Lily, there is a choice of things to say ("...something witty", "mumble") but both options lead to the same "you broke him" response. Is that a bug and there is supposed to be different responses with a point attached to one? Otherwise I have no idea why I ended Ch 1 with 1/2 Lily points.
I'm not sure about a walkthrough, but IIRC I believe you need to have at least 1 Intelligence (starting trait or by studying a book at night) to be actually witty in response. This will, in turn, give you slightly different dialogue, and you'll gain the point you're missing.

Reactions: erkper

erkper

May 16, 2018
I'm not sure about a walkthrough, but IIRC I believe you need to have at least 1 Intelligence (starting trait or by studying a book at night) to be actually witty in response. This will, in turn, give you slightly different dialogue, and you'll gain the point you're missing.
Ah, that makes sense - thanks!

Odd that you're given a choice you cannot really choose... but if that's how it's designed I'm not going to sweat it too much. I'm sure there's points gained if you're focused on sport/athletics too.

Since I'm still pretty close to the beginning, I might just restart and balance out my personal options a bit.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Why does the recap say I didn't ask Jenny to the dance when I did????
It's a known bug in the current version. The code accidentally uses the same variable for Jenny as it does for Alex on the summary. This isn't literally the code for that page, but in layman's terms the code says "You [AlexAsked / AlexNotAsked] Alex to the dance" and then later it says "You [AlexAsked / AlexNotAsked] Jenny to the dance". Instead, the second one should be more like "You [JennyAsked / JennyNotAsked] Jenny to the dance". Since you did not ask Alex to the dance, it says the same thing for Jenny, which is incorrect.

Last edited:

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
Hey St97 a small request. since you can't go for more than one girl at once and there are a lot of girls, it's hard to keep track of all the saves. please give an option to name saves in the next update.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Hey St97 a small request. since you can't go for more than one girl at once and there are a lot of girls, it's hard to keep track of all the saves. please give an option to name saves in the next update.
How many LIs are in the game?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
In my opinion too many for a game that is not a harem game. :(
As I have the habit of not seeing more than one ending (in fact it's something that I only consider if the game is RPG and you can customize your character), and I usually dislike "cheating" the LI with which I pretend to have the ending by establishing romantic (or sexual) relationships with other LIs. I am interested to know if there are many in the game.

A high number implies a great possibility that I am interested in several, which will surely lead to me leaving the game (the list that I have abandoned for this reason already includes a few titles)

I guess this explains why I almost exclusively play games with harem tag. I end up abandoning the rest in most of the occasions.

In any case, I would rather know how many LIs there are before deciding whether to try it.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
As I have the habit of not seeing more than one ending (in fact it's something that I only consider if the game is RPG and you can customize your character), and I usually dislike "cheating" the LI with which I pretend to have the ending by establishing romantic (or sexual) relationships with other LIs. I am interested to know if there are many in the game.

A high number implies a great possibility that I am interested in several, which will surely lead to me leaving the game (the list that I have abandoned for this reason already includes a few titles)

I guess this explains why I almost exclusively play games with harem tag. I end up abandoning the rest in most of the occasions.

In any case, I would rather know how many LIs there are before deciding whether to try it.
There are 7 LIs in the game: Jane, Jenny, June, Lana, Lily, Alex and Krista are the girls who will have solo endings with the MC, any other girl in the game that the MC can pursue will just be a hookup.
There will be optional multi-girl endings.

Reactions: Abhai and BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
There are 7 LIs in the game: Jane, Jenny, June, Lana, Lily, Alex and Krista are the girls who will have solo endings with the MC, any other girl in the game that the MC can pursue will just be a hookup.
There will be optional multi-girl endings.
I may try it. Although without knowing how the multi-girl endings are going to be, I will surely proceed to ignore that option (unless it is clear how many there are and which LIs each one includes)

7 LI are many, however, I am playing a game in which having 5 I was only interested in one. In any case, the chances that I end up quitting the game are high.

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes