VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yes. But there is more to it then that. Hard to explain with spoiling the game.

Again the MC has a plan for the drug and it does not include rape.

I respect your opinion but I suggest you try the game before completely passing judgment.
Honestly, I try to avoid games with drug use, sleep sex, and drugging of characters. I understand that this doesn't have sleep sex, however the fact that using drugs to incapacitate characters happens in the first chapter, and seems to be a major plot point for the game, makes me think it is just not for me. Consider it one of the very few "triggers" I have in these games. That, rape, mind control, and abuse of corpses are always an instant "no" for me. Thank you for responding to me and I wish you the best of success with your game.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
This kinda confuses me. In the game too. What ratio are we talking about?

Is it just in general that there are 4 women to 1 man in the entire population? As in, there's 4 times more women?
Yeah i think that if the total population of the world is 5millions, it means that there are about 4millions of women and 1million of men.

i made it simple...you can remove the zeros but that's the ratio 4:1...(aside MC's special case) so yeah the female-population is 4 times more than male-population or at least this is what i got from the explanations in the game XD

Reactions: Xill

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
not a tag i've seen yet :(
It's a euphemism for necrophilia and there is a tag for it. I've only seen it once, though I like to argue that all vampire games should have it (since they are supposedly the "living" dead). ;)

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
This kinda confuses me. In the game too. What ratio are we talking about?

Is it just in general that there's 4 women to 1 man in the entire population? As in, there's 4 times more women?

Or is it talking about each man having 4 women (in mc's case 5)/4 women using 1 man for their needs? Because they said that men have responsibilities ( I assume that means breeding women so that humanity survives). But after the sex scene with Susan I was left with the impression that she's free to do whatever she wants with anyone regardless if the MC is in her life or not.
It is rather in terms of population or births I think, in every 5 births or people 4 are women and 1 is male (but as the player is the Mc, why can't we have 12? :KEK: :KEK: )

May 6, 2017
In chapter 2 MC will be joining the neighbor and the blond (feel free to change/insert their relationships) at their house. I don't want to spoil too much but after the Ceremony the MC will be free to visit more locations throughout the city. The landlady mentions some of these locations.
My biggest fear is that nothing the MC does has too much importance or that the decisions he makes are only false / falvor decisions that do not change the course of the story, because the impression that this game gives me at the moment is that I even later Having finished the ceremony and being able to explore the city with greater care, I don't see that our MC has too much control over the things he can or cannot do or especially with whom, so the feeling that he can leave the player is that He is trapped in a world where the only thing he can do is use himself by each of the women around him instead of imposing himself and improving his current situation.

This senation is reflected in the fact that each new character that is added to the story is there to complicate the life of our character. In addition, the answers or options that you give us to choose do not mean anything, since both the mother and the sister also treat us as a simple object such as to mold at will and not only them but the rest of the possible characters.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I wanted to give this game a chance, but..

The reason the mother drugged MC was to make her daughter happy (mc sister)
It's as if she didn't care for her son at all and her daughter was more important to her..
Who normal drugged his own child?.. It's too much for me. The explanations are not logical to me.
Even though the MC is angry with them, he forgives them too easily.

I give up playing this game. This is not for me, I hate drugs.

Additionally, I often cannot understand the sentence well. I often finds mistakes in words and sentences. Although I am not good at English myself, because it is not my native language.

Anyway.. good luck! ;) Unfortunately, I give up.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
It is rather in terms of population or births I think, in every 5 births or people 4 are women and 1 is male (but as the player is the Mc, why can't we have 12? :KEK: :KEK: )
Ah I see. So basically, in MC's case, that's why his entire class was full of females because at the same they were all born he was the only dude to be born in the neighboorhood, hence the 12.

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
however the fact that using drugs to incapacitate characters happens in the first chapter, and seems to be a major plot point for the game, makes me think it is just not for me.
Sorry you got this impression. The drugs use is a tiny fraction of the first chapter and will not be a major plot point going forward. They will be mentioned again but are not a major plot point.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Ah I see. So basically, in MC's case, that's why his entire class was full of females because at the same they were all born he was the only dude to be born in the neighboorhood, hence the 12.
it's explained during Susan's quiz minigame(when she undresses for every right answer)...do you want me to download the game and make screenshots of it?XD

basic ratio: 4:1, let's count them from MC's list of known people: mother, sister, neighbour and neighbour's daughter, that's 4.

But MC is special(apparently) so we add MC's 5 classmates, and we have 9:1, and let's not forget the teacher, the principal and the gym-teacher(if i remember correctly), those are 3, that raises the ratio up to 12:1.

• Red Heart

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I wanted to give this game a chance, but..

The reason the mother drugged MC was to make her daughter happy (mc sister)
It's as if she didn't care for her son at all and her daughter was more important to her..
Who normal drugged his own child?.. It's too much for me. The explanations are not logical to me.
Even though the MC is angry with them, he forgives them too easily.

I give up playing this game. This is not for me, I hate drugs.

Additionally, I often cannot understand the sentence well. I often finds mistakes in words and sentences. Although I am not good at English myself, because it is not my native language.

Anyway.. good luck! ;) Unfortunately, I give up.
I agree with the hate of drugs. I am sure I am missing out on a few games because I don't like drug use, drugs being used on others, etc.

If a character can drug another for any reason why would they stop using the drug on that person? Not even talking about this game, just in general, if someone has access to a drug and can use the drug to put someone to sleep, regardless of why, and they have no compunction with using it, then why would they stop?

Anyway, I don't want to fill up the game thread with this discussion. I will reiterate my best wishes to the developer. Hope they have a winner. Just not my thing.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Anyway, I don't want to fill up the game thread with this discussion. I will reiterate my best wishes to the developer. Hope they have a winner. Just not my thing.
the same dev that just said that the drug-thing is not a major plot point?

here have it, i bolded, underlined and enlarged the font just in case ^^

Sorry you got this impression. The drugs use is a tiny fraction of the first chapter and will not be a major plot point going forward. They will be mentioned again but are not a major plot point.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

The entire game right now consists of one release where it is used, the second release the MC will use it himself. I am not interested in a game where it is ever used at all. Is that clear or do I have to emulate your asshole behavior and bold, underline, and enlarge it for you?

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
it's explained during Susan's quiz minigame(when she undresses for every right answer)...do you want me to download the game and make screenshots of it?XD

basic ratio: 4:1, let's count them from MC's list of known people: mother, sister, neighbour and neighbour's daughter, that's 4.

But MC is special(apparently) so we add MC's 5 classmates, and we have 9:1, and let's not forget the teacher, the principal and the gym-teacher(if i remember correctly), those are 3, that raises the ratio up to 12:1.
Oh, that makes more sense. I was honestly confused when she said 5, because I couldn't count more than 4 family members (I put the neighbour and her daughter as "aunt", "cousin") but I didn't think about the classmates, because I didn't count them lol.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Susan and Samantha's first scene is a kiss. I'm not a big fan of lesbian scenes: they bore me (I will not comment on it because, as always, I used the CTRL until it was finished). I'm also not interested in voyeur scenes (seeing girls undressing, masturbating, couples having sex, in the best of cases they are things that don't interest me) and I also usually skip them with the CTRL if I cannot avoid them.

Right now I don't like LIs too much. I don't like very large breasts, so if I can avoid Susan better, and Samantha... I don't quite like how she's fisically (her face doesn't quite convince me, and of course her breasts seem too big to me) . Although possibly, if all the LIs are going to have breast like this characters, it's better that I avoid the game.

TGO Entertainment I wish you luck with the game and thank you for sharing it.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020

I kind of get what MrFriendly is talking about, it does not matter if the drug is not used again. By now two very important characters went down the drain because they used the drug on the MC. I will keep playing but I will avoid any characters older than the MC.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Oh, that makes more sense. I was honestly confused when she said 5, because I couldn't count more than 4 family members (I put the neighbour and her daughter as "aunt", "cousin") but I didn't think about the classmates, because I didn't count them lol.
don't worry, i'm bad at maths, and it took me a while too XD

I kind of get what MrFriendly is talking about, it does not matter if the drug is not used again. By now two very important characters went down the drain because they used the drug on the MC. I will keep playing but I will avoid any characters older than the MC.
do what you want...i'm not your master XD

The entire game right now consists of one release where it is used, the second release the MC will use it himself. I am not interested in a game where it is ever used at all. Is that clear?
It is now...but it brings up a question: why are you still questioning the whole issue if you already made your decision(and the dev won't remove that plot-point anyway)? i'm not being an asshole now...i'm genuinely asking out of pure curiosity

hate me, don't care...but that's how i am when i hear questions that already got exhaustive answers (at least in three different occasions)

kcmcgill75

May 28, 2021
This might be the wrong place to ask this but I'm stuck with Susan after she unbuttoned her shirt and let's her hair down I found she likes her face and hair touched and her breast but I can't find her third spot anyone knows?

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
This might be the wrong place to ask this but I'm stuck with Susan after she unbuttoned her shirt and let's her hair down I found she likes her face and hair touched and her breast but I can't find her third spot anyone knows?
Sleeves or Pussy, i don't get at which you're now..so it's one of these two

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes