VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Let me see if I can clarify a few questions/comments about the drugs. At no point was the MC drugged so the other characters could have sex with him while unconscious. Nor did they have sex with each other in the same room as an unconscious MC. He has a plan for the drug (no spoilers) but he will not be using it to have sex (rape) anyone. Rape will not be a part of this or any future games by TGO Entertainment. The MC was not punched in the back of the neck or fell down the stairs. He was at the bottom of the stairs when the roommate knocked him out with a hypospray like device.

I hear people's comments about choosing one character vs both and getting a "bad ending". Those endings will be removed and you will be able to pick one character over another in each chapter. However, for obvious reasons, it will lock out the character you don't choose from any future scenes including scenes with the characters you do pick.
The reaction about the drug is not because we thought it was used for rape. It is because it is bad parenting. It could be compared to a mother spiking a baby bottle with rum to make him sleep and be able to go talk to a friend, or a mother leaving a child outside the house so she can fuck the neighbor. They could have sex when the MC is at school instead of drugging him. For a lot of us older people, that is enraging specially if you know of people that treat their children like that or if you were treated like that as a child.

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
Alright. I did the math to help clear up misconceptions about the amount of drug use and how much of the plot it affects. In approximately 15,600 lines of dialog there are at most 300 about the drug. That's including characters reacting to and apologizing for using it. That comes out to less than 2% of the dialog. I understand and respect that some people have a zero tolerance for drug use. But I really want to stress how little it's in the plot.

• Angry
Reactions: verzauberung

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
normally I would agree with you. But in this case we are talking about a KID (coming of age he would be more like 13-15 then 18) Who lives in a society run by women, raised by women, only been around women. Hell we are lucky he is wearing pants and not a complete BETA in a dress while carrying a purse. So how he stood up to them even a little bit is amazing considered how he was brought up.
I am going to wait till this ceremony to see what he does before I completely give up on him. Maybe he is going to play their little game for a bit. Then make them all his very own sex slaves!!! Starting with that leader that wants to spy into other peoples houses!
No mate he is 18, they were waiting on him to become an adult to stop drugging him.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
No mate he is 18, they were waiting on him to become an adult to stop drugging him.
and it happened only TWICE based on the questions at the beginning of the game

let's say goodbye to that old theory of mine that MC was drugged for years(thank god, my theory was very disturbing and dark for my standards)

• Haha
Reactions: v1900

v1900

Apr 21, 2020

let's say goodbye to that old theory of mine that MC was drugged for years(thank god, my theory was very disturbing and dark for my standards)
Two times is fucked up enough in my book but damn girl you were full on Manchurian candidate. :ROFLMAO:

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Yeah i think that if the total population of the world is 5millions, it means that there are about 4millions of women and 1million of men.

i made it simple...you can remove the zeros but that's the ratio 4:1...(aside MC's special case) so yeah the female-population is 4 times more than male-population or at least this is what i got from the explanations in the game XD
Not trying to argue with you but you are forgetting one thing. "EXILES"! We have no way of knowing how many Exiles there are. We do know for at least one of MC's female classmates was exiled. Also the story leads us to assume some of the males have chosen exile over what ever this ceremony is. Thus is seems there are male and female exiles. This has been going on since at least (if not long before) before Susan came of age. Meaning we have no idea how many Exile offspring there is.
Exiles would be part of the total population of the world. They could be having more male then female babies. We don't know. I believe that 4:1 ratio was meaning "The City" they live in. They never mentioned any other city.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Good job.
The rewrite is better than the first version.

The only downside is the MC buckles way too fast and forgives them.
The other thing, you can not "reject" both ladies if you wish to as the player.
But the game could get kind of boring if you do not forgive and reject them. ^^

There is one thing that bothered me in the first version and got stronger in this version.
Where the heck did the MC learn about what to do with a female and what his interests are?

In this version, we learn that the food was spiked with a libido inhibitor.
(As to my understanding, a libido inhibitor lets you have no interest in sex.)
Now they get normal food and MC gets all hot on them? That seems kind of weird.
Sorry, I'm overthinking such things.^^ The story would be way bigger if they have to explain the flowers and bees and you have to begin somewhere.^^

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Not trying to argue with you but you are forgetting one thing. "EXILES"! We have no way of knowing how many Exiles there are. We do know for at least one of MC's female classmates was exiled. Also the story leads us to assume some of the males have chosen exile over what ever this ceremony is. Thus is seems there are male and female exiles. This has been going on since at least (if not long before) before Susan came of age. Meaning we have no idea how many Exile offspring there is.
Exiles would be part of the total population of the world. They could be having more male then female babies. We don't know. I believe that 4:1 ratio was meaning "The City" they live in. They never mentioned any other city.
You just hit the nail in the head mate, I believe most of us fully expect that to be full on bullshit. That is why I hope you can choose exile, unless we need to walk on thin ice. :ROFLMAO:
death by exile jonathan crane cillian murphy the dark knight rises scarecrow.gif

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Two times is fucked up enough in my book but damn girl you were full on Manchurian candidate. :ROFLMAO:
knowing how many times MC got drugged, calmed me down, and his reaction in the rewrite of the chapter allowed me to move on, so i'm thinking about other things related to the game

Not trying to argue with you, but you are forgetting one thing. "EXILES"! We have no way of knowing how many Exiles there are. We do know for at least one of MC's female classmates was exiled. Also, the story leads us to assume some males have chosen exile over what ever this ceremony is. Thus, it seems there are male and female exiles. This has been going on since at least (if not long before) before Susan came of age. Meaning we have no idea how many Exile offspring there is.
Exiles would be part of the total population of the world. They could be having more male than female babies. We don't know. I believe that 4:1 ratio was meaning "The City" they live in. They never mentioned any other city.
...my good friend...the exiled-classmate is already in the maths i did...

Susan mentions that MC is special because his ratio is 5(the classmates/girls of his generation INCLUDING THE EXILED-CLASSMATE) to 1(MC), then we add the people who aren't from his generation(mom, aunt, sister and cousin + teacher, principal and gym teacher, which are 7 women) 5+7 = 12

so the final ratio like Susan said, that it will go from 5:1 to 12:1...it may imply that in the plot MC will have at least 12 permanent sexual partners(i don't call them wives or girlfriends yet because i don't know how "love" works...but i don't think there is monogamy...unless both partners agree to have sex only with each other...but considering that MC is a guy...i doubt he will be allowed to become monogamous)

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I agree with the hate of drugs. I am sure I am missing out on a few games because I don't like drug use, drugs being used on others, etc.

If a character can drug another for any reason why would they stop using the drug on that person? Not even talking about this game, just in general, if someone has access to a drug and can use the drug to put someone to sleep, regardless of why, and they have no compunction with using it, then why would they stop?

Anyway, I don't want to fill up the game thread with this discussion. I will reiterate my best wishes to the developer. Hope they have a winner. Just not my thing.
I haven't reached the part of drugs... although if they haven't been used to rape anyone and have some kind of justification in their use... well, I'm not excited but I tolerate it. I mean, any medication is a drug.

As a curiosity and to calm the spirits a bit, in Spain a droguería (drugstore) is a trade with chemical products for industrial or domestic application, such as paints, solvents, cleaning products, etc.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Alright. I did the math to help clear up misconceptions about the amount of drug use and how much of the plot it affects. In approximately 15,600 lines of dialog there are at most 300 about the drug. That's including characters reacting to and apologizing for using it. That comes out to less than 2% of the dialog. I understand and respect that some people have a zero tolerance for drug use. But I really want to stress how little it's in the plot.
I wouldn't have had a problem if it hadn't been forced. But here, own mother drugged her son, not looking at the consequences, just to please her own daughter. I understand that it is important for a story that you have already decided. But it could have been done differently. Because of this drug situation, I somehow stopped liking mother and sister. A mother should not do this to her own child.

It's also nice that an apology and MC reaction to this situation have been added. But it's too much for me, the mere fact that a mother was able to drug her own son. :confused: After this situation, I do not trust such a person anymore, and apologies will give her little.

Without that drug situation, the game might be good. Unfortunately, this game is not for me.
Good luck. :D

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020

ok let me clear up my line of thinking on the "age". We all know that "LEGAL AGE" is considered 18. I was referring to "Natural Age". Going through Puberty. "Legal Age" as it is now has only been around 200 + or - years. But for most of history 14 -16 year old boys were considered Men. Females the age was younger. Yes I know this is a game ( not to mention the "Legal crap"!) But in reality if society was like this ratio 4:1 they would want this young man preforming as soon as he could. IE 13-15 age i put down. After all it sound like they are trying to re-populate the world.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
ok let me clear up my line of thinking on the "age". We all know that "LEGAL AGE" is considered 18. I was referring to "Natural Age". Going through Puberty. "Legal Age" as it is now has only been around 200 + or - years. But for most of history 14 -16 year old boys were considered Men. Females the age was younger. Yes I know this is a game ( not to mention the "Legal crap"!) But in reality if society was like this ratio 4:1 they would want this young man preforming as soon as he could. IE 13-15 age i put down. After all it sound like they are trying to re-populate the world.
Think you replied to the wrong post. Anyway I believe it is stated he finished high school, so 18 years old more or less.
Other than that your logic stands.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
You know, the drug thing might change in the future. It's natural that in stories things that are bad are changed for the good of people so you never know.

Maybe the MC will fuck the Arbiter so hard she will be willing to change a law for him. And instead of people drugging their family that ain't of age yet, they can simply tell em the truth.

"Yes, we're fucking. No, you can't join... yet. Go to your room and jack off or something until you're of age, and then you can join in the fun."

Reactions: v1900

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
knowing how many times MC got drugged, calmed me down, and his reaction in the rewrite of the chapter allowed me to move on, so i'm thinking about other things related to the game

...my good friend...the exiled-classmate is already in the maths i did...

Susan mentions that MC is special because his ratio is 5(the classmates/girls of his generation INCLUDING THE EXILED-CLASSMATE) to 1(MC), then we add the people who aren't from his generation(mom, aunt, sister and cousin + teacher, principal and gym teacher, which are 7 women) 5+7 = 12

so the final ratio like Susan said, that it will go from 5:1 to 12:1...it may imply that in the plot MC will have at least 12 permanent sexual partners(i don't call them wives or girlfriends yet because i don't know how "love" works...but i don't think there is monogamy...unless both partners agree to have sex only with each other...but considering that MC is a guy...i doubt he will be allowed to become monogamous)
my friend yes the classmate is. But what about all the Exiles before Susan came to age? Or the Exiles from when Susan's ceremony to MC coming to age? They aren't in the math cause there is no way to know how many there has been? There could be 10's-100's-1000's of them. Plus Susan had two children how many have all the Exiles in Susan's age range have?

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
You know, there is a way to see the drug thing as something positive. Maybe the MC will fuck the Arbiter so hard she will be willing to change a law for him. And instead of people drugging their family that ain't of age yet, they can simply tell em the truth.

"Yes, we're fucking. No, you can't join... yet. Go in your room and jack off or something until you're of age, and then you can join in the fun."
Hahahaha, just like we do in real life. Who would have thought. :ROFLMAO: (y)
Someone already posted that this all sounds more like an experiment and it kind of have to be to be logical. Otherwise it would be like ropershy said, the time he is able to impregnate a woman (12 to 14) he would be taken from his home and tasked to fuck non family members.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss
2.80 star(s) 10 Votes