VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

verzauberung

May 5, 2017
On a somewhat different note, probably worth... some kind of extra tags or warnings or something. I dread even mentioning the damn term, but the not so infrequent talk and visual flashbacks to past affairs with men are certainly not going to be for everybody.
i havent played this game yet, but from what i read:

this supposed hot sexy ROMANCE incest HAREM game that is supposed to play in a paradise fantasy world where the mc is surrounded by only girls, in the first chapter not only makes the main LIs (mum and sis) betray, lie and drug the mc, but now there is also constant talk and flash backs of how they fucked other men?!?

i love incest, harem and lesbians but come on dev dont ruin your own world and story and think about the fanbase and players you want to attract with this game.
im sorry but it's really not too hard to write a decent fappable harem incest story where we as players can look forward to collect all our favorite waifus add them to our harem and have a lot of sex WITHOUT adding scenarios and scenes that will trigger your main target audience.
but it seems like this game was already able to ruin these super hot female models (mum+sis) with unneeded weird and stupid writing that the dev him self even said isnt even important for the overall story and world.
if this was a revenge, hate-fuck, enslave, blackmail style story yeah no problem i'd understand and it would fit, BUT im pretty sure this was supposed to be a happy lovely incest harem story.

and as harem incest romance lover myself i hate flashbacks of my LI having sex with other man, i even hate when they talk about it (im ok if it was with other girls, general lesbian stuff but i know many other harem players dont even like that too much).
this is a game, a fake world, literally a fantasy harem paradise, you could have written the hottest most sexy story ever, but instead mc's own family are ok with fucking literally anything that walks, betray him, drug him and now we as players even need to see flashbacks of them with other guys. way to absolutely ruin the poster girls for this game and the main love interest for the MC and the players.

as i said i havent played yet and i do hope i misunderstood things and will be happy if others correct me.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
i havent played this game yet, but from what i read:

this supposed hot sexy ROMANCE incest HAREM game that is supposed to play in a paradise fantasy world where the mc is surrounded by only girls, in the first chapter not only makes the main LIs (mum and sis) betray, lie and drug the mc, but now there is also constant talk and flash backs of how they fucked other men?!?

i love incest, harem and lesbians but come on dev dont ruin your own world and story and think about the fanbase and players you want to attract with this game.
im sorry but it's really not too hard to write a decent fappable harem incest story where we as players can look forward to collect all our favorite waifus add them to our harem and have a lot of sex WITHOUT adding scenarios and scenes that will trigger your main target audience.
but it seems like this game was already able to ruin these super hot female models (mum+sis) with unneeded weird and stupid writing that the dev him self even said isnt even important for the overall story and world.
if this was a revenge, hate-fuck, enslave, blackmail style story yeah no problem i'd understand and it would fit, BUT im pretty sure this was supposed to be a happy lovely incest harem story.

and as harem incest romance lover myself i hate flashbacks of my LI having sex with other man, i even hate when they talk about it (im ok if it was with other girls, general lesbian stuff but i know many other harem players dont even like that too much).
this is a game, a fake world, literally a fantasy harem paradise, you could have written the hottest most sexy story ever, but instead mc's own family are ok with fucking literally anything that walks, betray him, drug him and now we as players even need to see flashbacks of them with other guys. way to absolutely ruin the poster girls for this game and the main love interest for the MC and the players.

as i said i havent played yet and i do hope i misunderstood things and will be happy if others correct me.
just give it a chance...sometimes some drama is the perfect spice for a good story ^^

Reactions: TGO Entertainment

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
Hi. Thank you for your interest in the game. Just to clarify a few things. The lies, drugs and betrayal you are mentioning are a tiny fraction of the first chapter and even less of the entire game as a whole. It's about 2% of the first chapter plot. While the characters mention other men and they do appear in flashbacks there are zero fucking or sex scenes with men other than the MC. That said, there are plenty of lesbian scenes as both flashbacks and present day scenes. I hope you give the game a chance and see for yourself.

verzauberung

May 5, 2017
Hi. Thank you for your interest in the game. Just to clarify a few things. The lies, drugs and betrayal you are mentioning are a tiny fraction of the first chapter and even less of the entire game as a whole. It's about 2% of the first chapter plot. While the characters mention other men and they do appear in flashbacks there are zero fucking or sex scenes with men other than the MC. That said, there are plenty of lesbian scenes as both flashbacks and present day scenes. I hope you give the game a chance and see for yourself.
the first harry potter movie is about 160min. 2% of that would be about 3min. imagine at the start of that movie when we first meet his friends (nerd girl and ginger, the 2 main side characters for the whole serie), we as viewers will see a 3min scene of them having a vore scat scene with maybe some bestaility and vomit eating. thats our introduction to these important characters.
by your logic this wouldnt matter and we as viewers shouldnt focus on it because it's:
"a tiny fraction of the first chapter movie and even less of the entire game movie serie as a whole. It's about 2% of the first chapter movie plot."
i made a over the top comparison but saying something doesnt matter because it was only short or a low % of the overall text isnt a very strong argument.

about
"the not so infrequent talk and visual flashbacks to past affairs with men"

i seriously dont understand why this would be added into a hard HAREM romance incest LESBIAN story game. how does adding this to the story text or showing these scenes make any player and fan of the mentioned tags happy and makes your target audinece want to play this game more if this stuff is in.

remember this is the very first chapter, ofc we first time players will judge the rest of the game based on the content that is in the game right now. like i said i just fail to understand why these things would even be added into these types of games.

Last edited:
May 6, 2017
Hi. Thank you for your interest in the game. Just to clarify a few things. The lies, drugs, and betrayal you are mentioning are a tiny fraction of the first chapter and even less of the entire game as a whole. It's about 2% of the first chapter plot. While the characters mention other men and they do appear in flashbacks there are zero fucking or sex scenes with men other than the MC. That said, there are plenty of lesbian scenes as both flashbacks and present-day scenes. I hope you give the game a chance and see for yourself.
While it has become clear that the subject of sleeping drugs is only 2 percent of the story within the first chapter, that does not mean that it ceases to be annoying for the player. The feeling it leaves is that the entirety of our family as well as the high school teachers of our protagonist value their
own sexual desires and their libido than the feelings and emotions of our protagonist since they never began to think that there are better ways to do what they did without having to get high. So it also gets to annoy how quickly our protagonist changes his mind and out of nowhere he does as if nothing had happened, forgiving everyone very quickly.

An example of this is given in the conversation with our mother where she says that after she drugged us and put us to sleep she went to the bedroom with the rest of the family without any care or consideration around our character is but putting them above our character.

n relation to the sex scenes or mentions of the mother and the sister about their sexual pasts or current adventures with the rest of the family aka flashbacks, they can become annoying since I have no interest in seeing any of that, I just want to see how our love relationship and sexual progress with each one of them, so the flashbacks were too many and I hope that in the future I will not see them and that the story will focus only on the protagonist's scenes with each of the women only

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I don't have a problem with the drugs per se. or their previous sexual partners. It's hard to judge a future society by today's moral code. I'm sure there are things we do today that would have been seen as totally scandalous a hundred or even fifty years ago. My issues were different - which I have pointed out several times. :p
With that said, I am giving your game another shot because I do like the overall concept.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
at this point, i wouldn't be surprised if all this critics and negative feedbacks, will induce the dev to quit...i know that if i was in his place, i would, or changed the story into a NTR without telling you first.

Your negative feedbacks are about your own tastes in a game...the only thing that the dev could do for you(without re-doing the whole first chapter again) would be putting a warning in the first post and then do his own thing either you'll like it or not...

The drug issue got addressed and changed a little, even the knocking down MC with the hypno-spray-thingy, the lesbian sex it seems part of this game's society(so deal with it, one way or another, but not whine about it)

in this game, women are so horny that they're willing to have lesbian sex...the same way in Harry Potter, muggle-parents are not allowed to visit their muggleborn-kids...you may not like it, you can even complain about it, but unless the dev is a saint(for even answering to your complaints) this theme won't change.

so...what are you going to do about this?

hell, most of us aren't even patreon, we're getting this game for free and we(yes me included, read page 1 and 2)'ve the bloody nerve to whine or act like if we bother the dev long enough he will change stuff...just because we want a change

For the dev: do your own thing, don't change something because people ask/order you to do it, otherwise you're going to hate your own creation and that would be worse <3

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I don't have a problem with the drugs per se. It's hard to judge a future society by today's moral code. I'm sure there are things we do today that would have been seen as totally scandalous a hundred or even fifty years ago. My issues were different - which I have pointed out several times. :p
With that said, I am giving your game another shot because I do like the overall concept.
at this point, i wouldn't be surprised if all this critics and negative feedbacks, will induce the dev to quit...i know that if i was in his place, i would, or changed the story into a NTR without telling you first.

Your negative feedbacks are about your own tastes in a game...the only thing that the dev could do for you(without re-doing the whole first chapter again) would be putting a warning in the first post and then do his own thing either you'll like it or not...

The drug issue got addressed and changed a little, even the knocking down MC with the hypno-spray-thingy, the lesbian sex it seems part of this game's society(so deal with it, one way or another, but not whine about it)

in this game, women are so horny that they're willing to have lesbian sex...the same way in Harry Potter, muggle-parents are not allowed to visit their muggleborn-kids...you may not like it, you can even complain about it, but unless the dev is a saint(for even answering to your complaints) this theme won't change.

so...what are you going to do about this?

hell, most of us aren't even patreon, we're getting this game for free and we(yes me included, read page 1 and 2)'ve the bloody nerve to whine or act like if we bother the dev long enough he will change stuff...just because we want a change

For the dev: do your own thing, don't change something because people ask/order you to do it, otherwise you're going to hate your own creation and that would be worse <3
I believe I have commented more on this game than any other. Having played worse games and simply moved on, there is something about this one that I keep coming back to. As I have said, I do like the concept. I just question some of the logic on getting there. As for comments, this is a forum and part of that is to give the DEV feedback.

For what it's worth, I do hope he keeps going with this.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
While it has become clear that the subject of sleeping drugs is only 2 percent of the story within the first chapter, that does not mean that it ceases to be annoying for the player. The feeling it leaves is that the entirety of our family as well as the high school teachers of our protagonist value their
own sexual desires and their libido than the feelings and emotions of our protagonist since they never began to think that there are better ways to do what they did without having to get high. So it also gets to annoy how quickly our protagonist changes his mind and out of nowhere he does as if nothing had happened, forgiving everyone very quickly.

An example of this is given in the conversation with our mother where she says that after she drugged us and put us to sleep she went to the bedroom with the rest of the family without any care or consideration around our character is but putting them above our character.

n relation to the sex scenes or mentions of the mother and the sister about their sexual pasts or current adventures with the rest of the family aka flashbacks, they can become annoying since I have no interest in seeing any of that, I just want to see how our love relationship and sexual progress with each one of them, so the flashbacks were too many and I hope that in the future I will not see them and that the story will focus only on the protagonist's scenes with each of the women only
I also got the feeling that the training with Mom & Sis was more about what Mom & Sis wanted then pleasing MC. Also about the drugs. Yes MC finally got to have sex with Mom & Sis. But what about Nancy ( Aunt/Neighbor) & the Sister's friend ( can't remember her name). Weren't they just as Guilty as Mom & Sis in the Drugging of MC? They didn't care about MC. They just cared about their own sexual desires.
MC should get to have sex with and when ever and how ever he wants with all the females involved in MC being drugged!

Reactions: ☆Jonathan Wick♤

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
the first harry potter movie is about 160min. 2% of that would be about 3min

i made a over the top comparison but saying something doesnt matter because it was only short or a low % of the overall text isnt a very strong argument.
While it has become clear that the subject of sleeping drugs is only 2 percent of the story within the first chapter, that does not mean that it ceases to be annoying for the player.
I completely understand that even 2% of a story can affect player's view and be seen as annoying or disappointing. I'm not saying it doesn't matter to the plot. I'm just trying to put into perspective how much the sleep drug is in the overall plot. I also understand people might find the MC's reaction underwhelming. Hopefully everyone reading this has tried the rewrite, can enjoy it more than the original (and in general), and I will take the criticism about how underwhelming the MC is into consideration for future chapters.

To use the Harry Potter analogy, not trying this game due to the sleep drug would be like never seeing the first Harry Potter movie for yourself because you overhear the Uncle locks HP in a closet in the first few minutes. While that might be annoying or even painful, it shouldn't ruin the opportunity for you to attempt watching and possibly enjoy an otherwise good movie.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
I completely understand that even 2% of a story can affect player's view and be seen as annoying or disappointing. I'm not saying it doesn't matter to the plot. I'm just trying to put into perspective how much the sleep drug is in the overall plot. I also understand people might find the MC's reaction underwhelming. Hopefully everyone reading this has tried the rewrite, can enjoy it more than the original (and in general), and I will take the criticism about how underwhelming the MC is into consideration for future chapters.

To use the Harry Potter analogy, not trying this game due to the sleep drug would be like never seeing the first Harry Potter movie for yourself because you overhear the Uncle locks HP in a closet in the first few minutes. While that might be annoying or even painful, it shouldn't ruin the opportunity for you to attempt watching and possibly enjoy an otherwise good movie.
I think what people are complaining about its that the issue its swept under the rug in favor of the sexual training, its started well with the MC obviously angry at the situation, but then it wasn´t mentioned again, its a problem of continuity between the first part of the story and the start of the training, and as it was mentioned before Nancy and Alison are also partly responsible for being involve in the situation, as you say its only 2% of the story, but its ramifications extend to the rest of the plot, the MC shouldn´t be so quick to dismiss the issue since its an important part of the setup of the story, like I said the first part of the rewrite was a huge improvement but the lack of continuity is what may keep people weary , I'm guessing that when Nancy and Alison get reintroduced, they will have to explain themselves because as it is the whole family seems to prioritise their sexual needs over the MC which does leave a sour taste.

May 6, 2017
First of all, I think I should apologize since I went a little too far on the issue related to the sleep drug, and I have also seen the effort you put into responding to the criticisms and comments from each one of us. I also have to admit that I decided to try the game after you did the rewriting of the first chapter since I wanted to see if the situation around this drug and the character of the family members had improved.

Since at the moment how the protagonist decides to forgive everything so quickly becomes somewhat annoying or not very credible since it seems that after both of them they apologize to the MC everything seems very easy and simple since They are not only forgiven, but they achieve what they always wanted, which is to be able to have sex with the excuse of helping us with the ceremony. That is to say that instead of giving them a penance or punishment they manage to obtain forgiveness and a reward instead.

What you can do if you want to improve this situation is that our protagonist forces them to accept a series of rules to prevent the trust from being betrayed again: 1- No more lying about what happens at home, that is, no more family gatherings secretly. 2- answer our questions with total sincerity from now on any matter. I think this would help calm the rest of the players who do not want these events to happen again.

In addition, you must also include a future apology or show of regret on the part of Auntie and our cousin, since although they were not the ones who put us to sleep, it is because of them that the others are forced to put us to sleep.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Lesbian scenes usually bore me. If they are many, they usually annoy me. I prefer to be able to skip or avoid them (the second option for me is the best with LIs)

I have tried the game, but, between the LIs not turning me on and that the lesbian scenes seem to be remarkably recurring, I guess the game isn't for me.

Reactions: Valeck and EZ8lt

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
1- No more lying about what happens at home, that is, no more family gatherings secretly. 2- answer our questions with total sincerity from now on any matter. I think this would help calm the rest of the players who do not want these events to happen again.

In addition, you must also include a future apology or show of regret on the part of Auntie and our cousin, since although they were not the ones who put us to sleep, it is because of them that the others are forced to put us to sleep.
These are great suggestions. Thank you. Regarding number 2, they will be able to answer him sincerely going forward, no lying. However, based on the rules set down for their society they might not be able to tell him everything until he completes the ceremony. I'll try to avoid this as much as possible and they will tell him everything they're allowed to.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Played the game for the first time... Looking at some of the complaints on this last page I will say that I have no idea what the original version of this game wa slike, but some of the dialogue in game (and the whiny comments here) really come off as self-centered and pretty petulant. Like Harry Potter book #5 where he was a whiny, arogant, cry-baby ass that I personally wanted to smack in the face.

The MC has been raised for (I assume) almost 18 years with zero worries, in a family that cared for him with a 'mother' that did her best, and a sister who cared for him too. So when he see's something he's not supposed to he flies off the handle like a whiny man-boy complaining that he was drugged like some feminist crying because they wore a sexy outfit and someone had the audacity to look at them in appreciation.

He really needs to grow up a bit, he really is acting super-immature, no wonder the 'mother' figure in the story is worried that he might over-react, IN SPITE OF all the years and efforts she's done to raise him as best she can.

By the way, to the dev... The three choices following the 'party night' don't have restrictions on them, someone could pick the last one first (like I did) and both of the other questions never show again. Might want to either have them only selected in order, rework the winy man-boy explosion of self-righteousness, or alter the dialogue that happens afterward. I *do* know that when I was 18 if the situation had happened ot me I'd be more interested in what the sex all was, and more about any more details I could get. I mean hell, instead of whinging like a baby on being drugged, let's just find out how to get to the actual sex. Dude is too worried about the drugging and apparently can't stop to think about the situation and then think about how to make the best of it.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Played the game for the first time... Looking at some of the complaints on this last page I will say that I have no idea what the original version of this game wa slike, but some of the dialogue in game (and the whiny comments here) really come off as self-centered and pretty petulant. Like Harry Potter book #5 where he was a whiny, arogant, cry-baby ass that I personally wanted to smack in the face.

The MC has been raised for (I assume) almost 18 years with zero worries, in a family that cared for him with a 'mother' that did her best, and a sister who cared for him too. So when he see's something he's not supposed to he flies off the handle like a whiny man-boy complaining that he was drugged like some feminist crying because they wore a sexy outfit and someone had the audacity to look at them in appreciation.

He really needs to grow up a bit, he really is acting super-immature, no wonder the 'mother' figure in the story is worried that he might over-react, IN SPITE OF all the years and efforts she's done to raise him as best she can.

By the way, to the dev... The three choices following the 'party night' don't have restrictions on them, someone could pick the last one first (like I did) and both of the other questions never show again. Might want to either have them only selected in order, rework the winy man-boy explosion of self-righteousness, or alter the dialogue that happens afterward. I *do* know that when I was 18 if the situation had happened ot me I'd be more interested in what the sex all was, and more about any more details I could get. I mean hell, instead of whinging like a baby on being drugged, let's just find out how to get to the actual sex. Dude is too worried about the drugging and apparently can't stop to think about the situation and then think about how to make the best of it.
:FacePalm: Dude I will assume you are not a parent. No self respecting parent that cares for his child would drug him to get laid with the neighbor (or daughter or anybody). You are being generous with the "caring" statement, the way they respond if you do not agree lets it be evident that it is their way or fuck you. Throwing money at a child's life does not automatically make you a good parent.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018

So your point is that he has no wright to feel angry that his family committed a huge violation of trust by using drugs on him and he needs to be grateful that they had sex with him?

And he's a whiny boy for being angry about this? Let me ask you something if you meet a woman that was drugged and raped will you be angry that she was abused in such a way? O will you tell her to stop whining because she got fucked and sex its all that matters? The only thing petulant and self centered here was your comment.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
:FacePalm: Dude I will assume you are not a parent. No self respecting parent that cares for his child would drug him to get laid with the neighbor (or daughter or anybody). You are being generous with the "caring" statement, the way they respond if you do not agree lets it be evident that it is their way or fuck you. Throwing money at a child's life does not automatically make you a good parent.
agreed

that was the main issue with the previous "reactionless MC"...i didn't care of HOW he reacts, but rather IF reacted at all...i mean, you learn that you got drugged, and you either get angry/annoyed and question people about it, or if you're a cuck that likes somnophilia and you agree...but please have a reaction! i didn't care which of the two...but react!

XD

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Oh, and I wanted to compliment the dev for some of the best honey select model faces I have seen. THey actually don't look purely Asian like 99% of the other games do (not that there's an issue with that, just they all run together after so many games using default models.)

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes