VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
So your point is that he has no wright to feel angry that his family committed a huge violation of trust by using drugs on him and he needs to be grateful that they had sex with him?

And he's a whiny boy for being angry about this? Let me ask you something if you meet a woman that was drugged and raped will you be angry that she was abused in such a way? O will you tell her to stop whining because she got fucked and sex its all that matters? The only thing petulant and self centered here was your comment.
Was he raped? Nope. He was knocked out and went to sleep. So your point is pretty much invalid. No one assaulted him physically, no one took advantage of him sexually. Yes, he acted like a whiny child because he didn't get to watch sex with two women.

What trust violation? if he thought of it like an adult, not like an whiny man-child like some in this thread actually, he might pause and use his brain a bit and try to find out the details of what happened, why it occured, and THEN make a sound decision, also taking into account the fact that his family obviously loves and cares for him. This is NOT like he was an orphan and randomly just started living with people, this is supposedly people he cares about and they him. He WAY over-reacted like a child, no other way around it.

• Angry
Reactions: mofonistik

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Played the game for the first time... Looking at some of the complaints on this last page I will say that I have no idea what the original version of this game wa slike, but some of the dialogue in game (and the whiny comments here) really come off as self-centered and pretty petulant. Like Harry Potter book #5 where he was a whiny, arogant, cry-baby ass that I personally wanted to smack in the face.

The MC has been raised for (I assume) almost 18 years with zero worries, in a family that cared for him with a 'mother' that did her best, and a sister who cared for him too. So when he see's something he's not supposed to he flies off the handle like a whiny man-boy complaining that he was drugged like some feminist crying because they wore a sexy outfit and someone had the audacity to look at them in appreciation.

He really needs to grow up a bit, he really is acting super-immature, no wonder the 'mother' figure in the story is worried that he might over-react, IN SPITE OF all the years and efforts she's done to raise him as best she can.

By the way, to the dev... The three choices following the 'party night' don't have restrictions on them, someone could pick the last one first (like I did) and both of the other questions never show again. Might want to either have them only selected in order, rework the winy man-boy explosion of self-righteousness, or alter the dialogue that happens afterward. I *do* know that when I was 18 if the situation had happened ot me I'd be more interested in what the sex all was, and more about any more details I could get. I mean hell, instead of whinging like a baby on being drugged, let's just find out how to get to the actual sex. Dude is too worried about the drugging and apparently can't stop to think about the situation and then think about how to make the best of it.
I will not hypothetically rape you because the MC was not raped but think of it like this. You are standing in a park under the shade of a small tree and I want to be under the shade two. Now instead of thinking of a solution that respects you I drug you and drag you out of the shade but you wake up and I drug you again not before you see my face. So you wake up again and see that I took your shade. So you decidedly walk up to me and say -Hey v1900 WTF?- and I respond -Shut it bitch I gave you a bottle of water yesterday-. What do you do? Do you look down and apologize for raising your voice to me or you stand your ground?

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Was he raped? Nope. He was knocked out and went to sleep. So your point is pretty much invalid. No one assaulted him physically, no one took advantage of him sexually. Yes, he acted like a whiny child because he didn't get to watch sex with two women.

What trust violation? if he thought of it like an adult, not like an whiny man-child like some in this thread actually, he might pause and use his brain a bit and try to find out the details of what happened, why it occured, and THEN make a sound decision, also taking into account the fact that his family obviously loves and cares for him. This is NOT like he was an orphan and randomly just started living with people, this is supposedly people he cares about and they him. He WAY over-reacted like a child, no other way around it.
Its BECAUSE they love and care for him that using drugs to make him sleep is wrong.

YES, it is a violation of trust, everyone, including the dev agrees that it is that's why there was a rewrite to better reflect this.

But I guess you don't actually care, you made it clear in your first post that all that matters to you is that he gets to fuck all of them so I guess that's the only part of the plot that you understood.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I will not hypothetically rape you because the MC was not raped but think of it like this. You are standing in a park under the shade of a small tree and I want to be under the shade two. Now instead of thinking of a solution that respects you I drug you and drag you out of the shade but you wake up and I drug you again not before you see my face. So you wake up again and see that I took your shade. So you decidedly walk up to me and say -Hey v1900 WTF?- and I respond -Shut it bitch I gave you a bottle of water yesterday-. What do you do? Do you look down and apologize for raising your voice to me or you stand your ground?
Invalid argument, or really even an invalid example. You act like this was malicious. If anything it was simply an over-sight. If they had paid attention to the uneaten cake the situation would have never happened.

You, and some other in this thread, act like nothing ever happens IRL that people are kept out of the loop on. Parents invite friends over after their kids go to sleep all the time, or at least mine did. I didn't get drugged when that happened, but we also don't live in a society where the child would be exiled if they woke up, instead of just wandering downstairs with a sleepy look.

Someone mentioned "you never had kids if you allowed them to be drugged", so you never had kids go to the dentist or have any medical procedure where they were drugged? Never gave your child Nyquil or any medication at home that put them to sleep, for any reason, without explaining to them that you were doing it and asking their permission? I sincerely hope not becausde otherwise you're a hypocrite.

Again, lots of peole really getting bent out of shape because of an oversight by the characters in the story (not realizing the cake was uneaten) otherwise the entire whine session could have been avoided. When they realized what had happened, in order to potentially save his life from being an exile, they drugged him. Would all of you complaining preferred the story to end in the first 10 minutes with him exiled from his home and family?? Would you like that more??

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Maybe I'm wrong but at least eating the drug meant he would not have known he had been drugged. With the hypospray, they knew he would wake up knowing he had been drugged, knowing he would know that they did it to hide their orgy, and knowing that he would know that they didn't care because they drugged him anyway. As the MC, I would be pissed and wouldn't settle for anything less than all involved on their knees... begging for my forgiveness. But that's just me. :)

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Its BECAUSE they love and care for him that using drugs to make him sleep is wrong.

YES, it is a violation of trust, everyone, including the dev agrees that it is that's why there was a rewrite to better reflect this.

But I guess you don't actually care, you made it clear in your first post that all that matters to you is that he gets to fuck all of them so I guess that's the only part of the plot that you understood.
See my response above about anyone ever being given any medication that puts them to sleep without their knowledge. It happens all the time IRL, and there is zero violation of trust. Some of you really need to take a step back, it wasn't like the did the drugs to harm him, they did it to save him.

And with that, it's clear some of you sincerely lack perspective or real work experience, so I'm done here.

Dev, good luck with your game, the story is good, just let's have the guy be less whiney and less of a man-child eh?

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
See my response above about anyone ever being given any medication that puts them to sleep without their knowledge. It happens all the time IRL, and there is zero violation of trust. Some of you really need to take a step back, it wasn't like the did the drugs to harm him, they did it to save him.

And with that, it's clear some of you sincerely lack perspective or real work experience, so I'm done here.

Dev, good luck with your game, the story is good, just let's have the guy be less whiney and less of a man-child eh?
To save him?

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Invalid argument, or really even an invalid example. You act like this was malicious. If anything it was simply an over-sight. If they had paid attention to the uneaten cake the situation would have never happened.

You, and some other in this thread, act like nothing ever happens IRL that people are kept out of the loop on. Parents invite friends over after their kids go to sleep all the time, or at least mine did. I didn't get drugged when that happened, but we also don't live in a society where the child would be exiled if they woke up, instead of just wandering downstairs with a sleepy look.

Someone mentioned "you never had kids if you allowed them to be drugged", so you never had kids go to the dentist or have any medical procedure where they were drugged? Never gave your child Nyquil or any medication at home that put them to sleep, for any reason, without explaining to them that you were doing it and asking their permission? I sincerely hope not becausde otherwise you're a hypocrite.

Again, lots of peole really getting bent out of shape because of an oversight by the characters in the story (not realizing the cake was uneaten) otherwise the entire whine session could have been avoided. When they realized what had happened, in order to potentially save his life from being an exile, they drugged him. Would all of you complaining preferred the story to end in the first 10 minutes with him exiled from his home and family?? Would you like that more??
You just show how little of the plot you actually understood, there was never any danger of him being exiled of he finds out they expelled out to him that the drug was used so they could invite people over to have sex, the exile its a choice that people make it´s not a punishment for seeing them.

Also, I find quite amussing that you mentioned the cake, so it's fine to slip drugs on someone if they don't find out? That's like saying stealing is fine if no one catch you.

Did you actually pay attention to the plot? Every new post you make shows that you either didn´t pay attention or you are just trolling.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020

Nah mate it was a cheeky way of assessing your reaction towards premeditated situations where you are manipulated for my gain. Even if you think you skirted the question you actually responded when you mention your parents and used the dentist example. Allow me to explain, you know and trust that your parents would not drug you for their gain and that is why you used the positive example of the dentist (you agree to be drugged to gain pain relief), it may appear that is not related but you were still thinking of an example to portray a parent (yours) positively in a similar situation. You are adding persuasion to the mix, you are informing the child of a benefit. You are adding conditions that are not originally present in an attempt to support your argument.

What I did was to formulate a manipulative statement and you turned to a persuasive (you used persuasion as a tool) counter and avoided a direct response. What that tells me is that you would not look down (you are not a pushover) but you also do not like to concede. :WeSmart:

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
/spoiler
After playing through the rewrite, here is my take: Genetically modified / enhanced women live in a world that embraces lots of sex - whether because that is part of their modifications or that is the current morality. For some reason, the MC and his classmates were kept in the dark and weren't effected by these sex cravings. School was presented as fairly normal given the circumstances by today's standards (at least there were no orgies we know of). Also, we learn that the MC's mother shielded her kids from that life style. Can we assume other families did the same? Clearly, she saw it as wrong on some level otherwise, why hide it? Was she just blindly following the arbiter's rules? Something we may learn later.

Using the sleep drug is considered normal in this world if used properly. The mistake was on them for not insuring that he took it and then panicking when they found out he was awake. At that point, they admittedly knew they had done wrong but they had their orgy anyway. Not the actions of a caring mother in my opinion. But once again, maybe that's due to her modifications? Maybe they couldn't help themselves. I think he let them off too easily but in the end, he did get sex which, lets be honest, fixes most problems. As I have said before, I like the concept of this game and I will continue to follow it.

Last edited:

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of The City of Promise [Ch. 1 - Remake]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan The City of Promise [Ch. 1 - Remake]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Here is the Italian translation
of The City of Promise [Ch. 1 - Rewrite]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan The City of Promise [Ch. 1 - Rewrite]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Someone mentioned "you never had kids if you allowed them to be drugged", so you never had kids go to the dentist or have any medical procedure where they were drugged? Never gave your child Nyquil or any medication at home that put them to sleep, for any reason, without explaining to them that you were doing it and asking their permission? I sincerely hope not because otherwise you're a hypocrite.
Invalid argument...this one in particular. Why? Because I don't know if in your family it's the same as mine BUT, when my parents gave me drugs/medications, usually (when I was a kid) I was asking for some kind of relief first(painkillers or sleep-aids).

Example:

I have a headache, it's painful, it's distracting(because it's so painful that I can't even focus on simple things), I go to mommy and ask if she can help me, mommy gives me some medicine and tells me to mix it with water and then drink it.

Again, I asked to be medicated.

Here, this doesn't happen: Susan and Samantha, sneak the drug in MC's food, meaning that he didn't suppose to know, they overruled his trust, went over the implied complicity of being a family...for a fuck. Again I can't know if this happens in your family BUT when I was a child and my parents wanted some privacy(for the purpose of having a romantic+sexy night), they sent me to my uncles or my grandparents, I would have a nice day playing around and usually have the chance to have my favourite meals(my aunts loved to spoil me at the time XD), I wouldn't know about the sexy-time spent by my parents(and that I would get a little brother XD) and I would have a good day with my relatives so at the end of the day everyone was happy ^_^

So yeah I'll cut it short: it's not about being drugged or not(for me at least), but the act itself of SNEAKING drugs in the food and risk to jeopardize MC's trust in Susan and Samantha, just for a couple of sex-nights. Hell they could make a random story about MC being in need of some sleeping-aids(you know, for some light insomnia) and it would be "okay" to drug MC in open view by giving him the drug without hiding it in his food, and he wouldn't even question about, after all he would believe that he has insomnia and the drug would fix a problem that he believes to have and in the end a white lie would solve the problem at the root!

Last edited:

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
For sneaking drugs into the food... no one mentioned the lust inhibitors so far. ^^

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
For sneaking drugs into the food... no one mentioned the lust inhibitors so far. ^^
because apparently the issue is putting people to sleep against their will...the lust inhibitors...reduce your desire for sex...usually in our modern society is encouraged(if you're a nymphomaniac or a sex-addict XD)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HorizonD

redsling

Sep 23, 2018
ngl, it kinda weird he got over being drugged by his family real quick. Basically get over the fact you was drugged, cause they needed there sex night cause of there problems, but aye that just how i see it . :(

Last edited:
Reactions: v1900

gamenerd9000

May 13, 2017
Never played the pre-rewrite but seeing how the plot played out the very first "ending" or WIP ending should have been sticking the middle finger to his "landlady" and "roommate" and going into exile. This would have at least given closure to the people angry how the MC's additude does a complete 180. Seriously guy finds out he gets drugged, at least twice, and all he does is mope for a few days until he has some heart talk with some lame ass reasons for why he got drugged:
"Your roommate fell in love in a swinging society and got depressed when he left unexpectly so I had to drug you when she came back so she can fuck in peace" ???????
"The landlady decided to be a mom so she decided no horny; so sad" ???????

That's honestly the largest problem I have so far; in terms of writing it makes no sense at all. Both his "landlady" and "roommate" are literally free to go anywhere in the city yet for some reason they decide to drug the MC to fuck in the same house? They also knew he didn't eat the drugged cake and still rolled with it???? With the premise of the story they can literally give any excuse like "i'm off to the store" and just go fuck elsewhere without him caring or noticing anything. Additionally, the drug plot point seems to be an effort to try and bring out some emotional response for both the MC and player, but since it gets glossed over in like 5 seconds what was the point of it? The same information could have been conveyed by the MC randomly waking up in the middle of the night with the excuse he is a deep sleeper with the MC in shock his mom and sister are like that and his entire perception of reality gets overturned.

Granted this is a porn-VN so i'm not expecting award winning writing and plot, and even the drug stuff is whatever. However, for me, reading logically inconsistent plot points is almost physically painful to stomach. I suppose that's on me though because ever since I tried to read through Er Gen's PotT during quarantine poorly written emotional manipulation of the reader and excuse dialouge just to advance the plot has seriously made me just want to throw my monitor straight out a window.

Still overall the game at least seems to have something going for it in terms of plot, but, at least for me, it's likely i'm just going to be skipping over to just reach the sex scenes unless people start talking about some major plot point improvements. In consideration to this being a VN and the renders being exactly up my ally i'd give it a 4/5 to just skip through. In a non-bias assessment currently a 2.5/5 with the audio problems and 3/5 when fixed. It's a good start, but i'm probably never reading through the story after ch1. Again, it's really a minor issue overall to the VN but for me such writing is too much for me to bare. I'd never play this game again if I had to redo ch 1 or play through further installments with similar plot holes without skipping.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Still overall the game at least seems to have something going for it in terms of plot, but, at least for me, it's likely i'm just going to be skipping over to just reach the sex scenes unless people start talking about some major plot point improvements. In consideration to this being a VN and the renders being exactly up my ally, i'd give it a 4/5 to just skip through. In a non-bias assessment, currently a 2.5/5 with the audio problems and 3/5 when fixed. It's a good start, but i'm probably never reading through the story after ch1. Again, it's really a minor issue overall to the VN but for me such writing is too much for me to bear. I'd never play this game again if I had to redo ch 1 or play through further instalments with similar plot holes without skipping.
so, you talk how important the plot is important to you...but because of one minor poorly managed thing(in a prologue, call it, Chapter 1 doesn't change the fact that it's a prologue) you decide that you'll skip everything and focus only on the fapping without even knowing if the plot will improve?

i'm thinking about what you are...but considering that my last 5 posts(in other threads) got deleted because i spoke my mind about people whining over not getting what they want...i'll give you an extremely vague clue: you share a trait with the developer of Shenmue-saga(good luck finding which one and guessing it right)

i'll leave you with that ^_^

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes