VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes
May 6, 2017
Yeah, some things are being changed and added but don't think a full rewrite will happen again cause some things are gonna stay if you don't like it then there are always other games on the site play. The dev is doing their best while also making the game they want.

But I would stick around the next update will be good at least I think so. :D
A question, how certain are you that the author is working on the game?, because I have been following his Twitter as well as his Patreon page and there has been no news about it, not only about the chapter 2 but also about possible changes to chapter 1.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
New update is here, look like it got rewrite a bit more with the drug part and with lot of new event and content to explore and check out. Can't wait to download and playing through this game from the start

Qoo-Rilla

Jun 14, 2018
Rarely do I see such a hell of an annoying game in so many ways. I can't stand it and I don't want to be the only cock in the lesbian world. Then those questions finally pulled the mat under me and the game is deleted.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
I didn't get that far into the game but so far it's just another cookie cutter spineless Mc that can't say no to anyone, I can't stand the "landlady" and "roommate", every girl is essentially a lesbian which is just annoying, and there's no real choices that matter. Does it get better later on?

Edit: Apparently I was still playing the old version of the game so I don't know if things are the same in the new one, will try it later.

Last edited:

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Mc gets drugged while his mom and sister go fuck in the house. I don't know if that counts as ntr or not tbh, depends on a person I guess.
According to the changelog they don't have sex anymore.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I am getting this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 31319, in <module>
NameError: name 'llwin' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 31319, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
The City of Promise Chapter2-Part1
Thu Jul  1 15:41:52 2021

_Utakata_

Jun 18, 2019
I am getting this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 31319, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
The City of Promise Chapter2-Part1
Thu Jul  1 15:41:52 2021
Same here error after error :FacePalm:

yuboki

Apr 23, 2020
I started all over again and it's still very buggy. Most of the errors can be rollbacked or ignored but there was like 20 of them. Also the Susan farewell scene has to be replayed in each of her outfits before the story moves forward. Game needs testing.

Reactions: _Utakata_

lynx105

Feb 15, 2021
I started all over again and it's still very buggy. Most of the errors can be rollbacked or ignored but there was like 20 of them. Also the Susan farewell scene has to be replayed in each of her outfits before the story moves forward. Game needs testing.
Ditto, my game also took me back to the main menu when I reached the below line in the script;

MC "I got her double meaning and winked back as the door closed behind me."

So I can't actually continue any more. Even tried changing what questions I answered and starting another new game.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
probably you need to re-play the game from the start...usually with changing previous stuff, bugs are bound to happen...
I am doing that, but i wanted to avoid all the fucking mini games like choosing the outfits.

Now i have to do all that crap again, i hope its the last time and the Dev stops changing the past and focus on developing for the future, the game was fine

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes