VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
On another post, a guy thought it was NTR because the MC's mom went out on a date - so how people define NTR differs greatly. I stand behind my definition: NTR is when your significant other cheats on you / has sex with someone else. You must first have a significant other for it to be NTR.
Which is the definition used by the website itself...

Reactions: Xill

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
On another post, a guy thought it was NTR because the MC's mom went out on a date - so how people define NTR differs greatly. I stand behind my definition: NTR is when your significant other cheats on you / has sex with someone else. You must first have a significant other for it to be NTR.
The problem is partly that some people just do not like other dick/pussy shown without the MC active, especially when a main girl. Whether in past, present and future and if she is meant to be in an emotional relation she qualifies for NTR, even if she is the sister and they will never have a romantic relation. LI is way broader defined as being in a relation with when comes to NTR genre.

Problem is though there is no other tag as NTR for other dick/pussy so the three letter word comes up way too often even if the taking away or jealousy aspects do not play a role in game, then again the trope that all other males are even bigger assholes as MC does tend to make those NPC's not to be people you want around your women in the first place even without sex involved. Problem partly with that is people tend to get into a hair splitting discussion what NTR is, while the dislike is for some elements of that genre which are in game, whether it is NTR or not.

Considering lesbian, well a lot more people do not enjoy it or do not care about it as seems to be expected especially in a male MC oriented game where people want MC to have the action and not two women. For that you have female protagonist games where it makes all the sense a female protagonist has the action and not two males together without her that are being wooed by her. :) The fact every game for some reason has to put it front and center even in games where there is no harem path to at least make it somewhat more believable a harem path would work with all women being enthusiastically bisexual does not help. It is getting old by now and somewhat irritating to have it shoved in every game whether it fits or not. :p

Well in this game at least it does make some sense with the big disparity between numbers of males and females in game so I will personally just skip over those scenes since to me they are just not hot in the first place.

Last edited:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
it's a memory tho...again we go back to the question: if my partner has sex with someone before starting a relationship with me, is NTR?
I am not the one in this discussion but i will hop in

I know its not the definition, but if is in the current time the game is playing, it falls into the things i would dislike, even if that LI is not in a relationship with me yet

If its a memory of the past, i dont but i dont think its necessary to show sex scenes (which they dont show here, so i am ok)

I dont mind anything that happens in this game

Reactions: cib64 and DA22

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
i´m busy at the moment so i cant play, how much of the story was changed this time?
A new chapter has started, so you have the first part of the "test" like the ones you did with Susan and Samantha with 2 new characters

And at the same time you get to know a little more about the conspiracy

Reactions: Norman Knight

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I am not the one in this discussion but i will hop in

I know its not the definition, but if is in the current time the game is playing, it falls into the things i would dislike, even if that LI is not in a relationship with me yet

If its a memory of the past, i dont but i dont think its necessary to show sex scenes (which they dont show here, so i am ok)

I dont mind anything that happens in this game
yeah, but calling it NTR? Out of pure pettiness? That's pathetic

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
And way too stressful to think that way. That can't be good for blood pressure. ^^

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The problem is partly that some people just do not like other dick/pussy shown without the MC active, especially when a main girl. Whether in past, present and future and if she is meant to be in an emotional relation she qualifies for NTR, even if she is the sister and they will never have a romantic relation. LI is way broader defined as being in a relation with when comes to NTR genre.

Problem is though there is no other tag as NTR for other dick/pussy so the three letter word comes up way too often even if the taking away or jealousy aspects do not play a role in game, then again the trope that all other males are even bigger assholes as MC does tend to make those NPC's not to be people you want around your women in the first place even without sex involved. Problem partly with that is people tend to get into a hair splitting discussion what NTR is, while the dislike is for some elements of that genre which are in game, whether it is NTR or not.

Considering lesbian, well a lot more people do not enjoy it or do not care about it as seems to be expected especially in a male MC oriented game where people want MC to have the action and not two women. For that you have female protagonist games where it makes all the sense a female protagonist has the action and not two males together without her that are being wooed by her. :) The fact every game for some reason has to put it front and center even in games where there is no harem path to at least make it somewhat more believable a harem path would work with all women being enthusiastically bisexual does not help. It is getting old by now and somewhat irritating to have it shoved in every game whether it fits or not. :p

Well in this game at least it does make some sense with the big disparity between numbers of males and females in game so I will personally just skip over those scenes since to me they are just not hot in the first place.
I agree that more tags would fix a lot of this.
BTW, a well thought out comment.
I will try to contain my snarkiness on future comments. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DA22

Leviweeb

Mar 5, 2018
Honestly I download it after the first update and new it wasn't for me a barely made it ten minutes in the first time, but I saw they were making changes and said they changed a lot so, and I do really like the modals so I thought I would try again, Even with the changes I still feel kind of sick playing this game, Honestly, I generally am pretty possessive in games so I am not a fan of knowing people are just going around with whoever they want, The sister who was not that long ago in live with a guy, and the past stuff, Plus even after all the changes the drug stuff still makes me feel absolutely sick, It all just feels like there is not agency and everyone is just manipulating the MC, I honestly felt hate and disgust towards The mom and the sister honestly I did not want to let the mom in the room after I learn about the Drugging, and when we got to the sister and boy + the guilt tripping I realized that this is the game and even if the rest of the game is great from this point on it would always be tainted so I just stopped,

I am sure plenty of people do and love this game I wanted to because it looked so nice, But I know now that this will not be for me.

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
I don't really understand what the rewrite did to be honest. The same things that I didn't like before are the same things I don't like now.

He still gets drugged, they still have their orgy which again shows how hypocritical this site is because if you replaced one of the women with a guy it would 100% had NTR tag (I'm not saying it's ntr but just because it isn't ntr, it doesn't make the whole situation any better), he still gets over it immediately and everyone is acting like a happy family again. And all of this makes me literally hate all of the fermale characters introduced so far.

I don't really see what the point of rewriting this. This is obviously not a game for me but I don't see how if you didn't like it before, why would you like it now? The core issue for me is still the same. And obviously if you liked it before you wouldn't care about any of that stuff that I just said. Just seems kind of pointless.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I don't really understand what the rewrite did to be honest. The same things that I didn't like before are the same things I don't like now.

He still gets drugged, they still have their orgy which again shows how hypocritical this site is because if you replaced one of the women with a guy it would 100% had NTR tag (I'm not saying it's ntr but just because it isn't ntr, it doesn't make the whole situation any better), he still gets over it immediately and everyone is acting like a happy family again. And all of this makes me literally hate all the female characters introduced so far.

I don't really see what the point of rewriting this. This is obviously not a game for me, but I don't see how if you didn't like it before, why would you like it now? The core issue for me is still the same. And obviously, if you liked it before, you wouldn't care about any of that stuff that I just said. Just seems kind of pointless.
Personally? i'm just giving this game a chance(like i gave a chance to games way worse than this one)...the basic concept is unusual for me...and the dev is a nice guy...

There are things that i'm not fond of...but that's me, and i wanna do my best to not be petty and childish just because i dislike something that, in the end, is part of the plot itself...

One big advice i can give to the dev: if he plans to write meaningful romances, he should either read more love stories or play more games where meaningful romances are the main focus of those games...(Photo Hunt, My New Family, Summetime Saga with Evie's storyline, Braveheart academy, Underboss Life, Lucky Paradox, Reincarnotica XD) if he wants to write easy romances that becomes huge fuckfests...then i don't know which games he should play for the sake of learning (maybe clever name or restore her career).

One big advice for the players: move on, 6 pages, all about the drugging or MC either not reacting on the matter, or over-reacting and which situation is NTR or not...let's focus on the bugs, the grammar errors or which character we like more(bit early for this but still)...if you care about the game, do something that is actually helpful...

Last edited:

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
let's focus on the bugs, the grammar errors or which character we like more(bit early for this but still)...if you care about the game, do something that is actually helpful...
The dev needs to completely rework the Story. But not for the reasons you probably think of right now.

Here's the deal: The dev is a super nice guy. After I posted my review that lists quite a few examples of every woman in this game being lying, selfish and manipulative bitches, who don't give a shit about MC's feelings and wellbeing, he actually took the time to write me a message. Trying to clear up some misunderstandings. And what I gather from that message is, that there seems to be a MASSIVE discrepancy between the plot as it exists in the dev's head, and the plot as he writes it into the game. Three examples:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At the end of the day, I can rate a game only by what is in the game. So even if the dev seems to disagree with my opinion, I think it's based entirely on logical conclusions from the Story he actually told. So if he wants to improve the game, he really need to rewrite that.

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
The dev needs to completely rework the Story. But not for the reasons you probably think of right now.

Here's the deal: The dev is a super nice guy. After I posted my review that lists quite a few examples of every woman in this game being lying, selfish and manipulative bitches, who don't give a shit about MC's feelings and wellbeing, he actually took the time to write me a message. Trying to clear up some misunderstandings. And what I gather from that message is, that there seems to be a MASSIVE discrepancy between the plot as it exists in the dev's head, and the plot as he writes it into the game. Three examples:

At the end of the day, I can rate a game only by what is in the game. So even if the dev seems to disagree with my opinion, I think it's based entirely on logical conclusions from the Story he actually told. So if he wants to improve the game, he really need to rewrite that.
I don't think that's even worth it at this point, that would be a third time rewriting this. Some people enjoy this despite everything, I would rather see him choose the exile and maybe go find that girl and live there but that's obviously not going to happen. I just dislike all of them so much that I don't really see how he could change my mind without completely changing the core narrative of the game which again, I don't know if it's worth it.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I dont think a complete rework is necessary

I think the drug was completely unnecessary for now. The Dev probably wanted to introduce it for a future plot, but it made a mess of the story after he changed it.

The story could be fine with him just being a heavy sleeper and the people at the house waiting for him to go to sleep to do stuff, and that would fix all these issues, but since i think the drug will have influence in a future plot, i guess the Dev shot himself on the foot trying to introduce it in an early stage

I wasnt riled up from the original story of the drug and the orgy, but yes, after the change there are some loose ends that dont make sense.

i dont like the fact that so far we are nothing but a pawn, but this last update seems to be pointing towards us earning influence, i hope this isnt the story of a beta MC that is moved around like a leaf in a windy day

Reactions: Valeck

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I dont think a complete rework is necessary

I think the drug was completely unnecessary for now. The Dev probably wanted to introduce it for a future plot, but it made a mess of the story after he changed it.

The story could be fine with him just being a heavy sleeper and the people at the house waiting for him to go to sleep to do stuff, and that would fix all these issues, but since i think the drug will have influence in a future plot, i guess the Dev shot himself on the foot trying to introduce it in an early stage

I wasnt riled up from the original story of the drug and the orgy, but yes, after the change there are some loose ends that dont make sense.

i dont like the fact that so far we are nothing but a pawn, but this last update seems to be pointing towards us earning influence, i hope this isnt the story of a beta MC that is moved around like a leaf in a windy day
The Dev spent a lot of time in this update's opening to address previous comments and to try to explain things. I agree that it would be a waste of time to go back and rewrite it now. My biggest problem are the mini-games that seem to add nothing to the game but filler - but that's just my personal opinion.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
The Dev spent a lot of time in this update's opening to address previous comments and to try to explain things. I agree that it would be a waste of time to go back and rewrite it now. My biggest problem are the mini-games that seem to add nothing to the game but filler - but that's just my personal opinion.
Yeah, i was tired already of all the "i'm sorry for having drugged you" dialogs, but i put up with them because i knew it was an attempt to tame the people critisizing that situation.

And the mini games are a waste of time, i agree, but the new ones are not that big of a deal, the costume ones that i had to repeat thanks to the new variables added due to the Dev rewriting the story were painful as fuck, and if the pole one didnt have an autosolve i would have deleted the game, but since it does have autosolve, the minigames are a nuissance that i can put up with

As of now, the thing that to me feels the worst is how the MC is just a beta follower of what others tell him to do. He just followes orders all around without him doing anything other than following them. I hope that changes in the future

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017

At the end of the day, I can rate a game only by what is in the game. So even if the dev seems to disagree with my opinion, I think it's based entirely on logical conclusions from the Story he actually told. So if he wants to improve the game, he really needs to rewrite that.
Dear Sarkasmus...the three points made by the dev, i already knew them...i mean the first one(because it's obvious to me) while the other two, i guessed them

and that's why i was asking to move on to more pressing matters, like bugfixing, triple checking dialogues(both for grammar and for removing the ones that don't work any more bc plot rearranged) and other useful stuff like fixing the loop-dialogues...

As of now, the thing that to me feels the worst is how the MC is just a beta follower of what others tell him to do. He just followes orders all around without him doing anything other than following them. I hope that changes in the future
I mean, if you're in a new school(in a new city), away from your previous one, i believe you'll try to find your place in the new school, meaning that you'll try to find new friends, try to learn about the new teachers(and how to deal with them), try to (i hope for you) get along with the new classmates, and stuff like that, right?

Because this is what it's happening to MC...he just discovered that the world isn't just his house and his classroom, and he is so shocked that he is trying to figure out everything before actually doing something of his own initiative...

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I mean, if you're in a new school(in a new city), away from your previous one, i believe you'll try to find your place in the new school, meaning that you'll try to find new friends, try to learn about the new teachers(and how to deal with them), try to (i hope for you) get along with the new classmates, and stuff like that, right?

Because this is what it's happening to MC...he just discovered that the world isn't just his house and his classroom, and he is so shocked that he is trying to figure out everything before actually doing something of his own initiative...
He has known the 4 females his whole life, and all he does is follow instructions, even within his house, which he lived his whole life there.

He literally has done nothing yet except following instruction, absolutely nothing. That is not how humans in general behave, and its not how i like protagonists in novel to behave either.

I like the game, but i dont like the MC's behaviour, i wish he would be more proactive and less of a puppy doing everything he is told to do

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes