VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
That... I don't understand. What did I miss?

Susan clearly states, that "The Mark is a special mark that you receive, that shows you are ready to begin the Ceremony". And that it is made up of different Lines with different meanings (individual, home, society, ...). Samantha tells us in no uncertain terms, we need to spend time with both of them, or we would loose one half of it. But they also keep switching between those lines being part of "the mark" and being individual marks themselves. So I'm not sure anymore.
Either way, I thought MC needs to do this with them, so he can start the ceremony in the first place. I think I also read a few other people here posting about having the same impression. Especially since Susan tells Samantha in the very beginning of the game, that she didn't want to tell MC anything about the ceremony, because she didn't want him to leave (because Samantha left immediately after passing it). Implying she either didn't want MC to pass or to not qualify.

By the way... that is one perfect example of what I meant earlier, with the discrepancy between the plot in devs head and the plot writing in the game...

*EDIT*
Just noticed something when I lookes it up. In that dialogue MC says something about "I thought you said we couldn't switch". And Samantha is immediately like "Yeah asshole, you better not pull something like this with me". What are they talking about? Is that a hardcoded response to the optional question from the first lesson with Susan? Where I can ask her to switch to Samantha?

*EDIT 2*
And if I'm already at it... why do I need the approval of a person, who (in her own words) was barely home in over a year, to make a connection with MY home? I get Susan, as the homeowner and all... but Samantha?
My take so far:
I think the mom (and others) pulled some strings to get Junior's ceremony postponed, giving them time to 'bond' Junior to his own family unit. The more family unit members he bonds with (fucks), the more linked in he is. That's why there are rules that must be followed (Hate those minigames). And this is all part of some master plan to bring down the current system.

Leviweeb

Mar 5, 2018
With my "move on, it has been 6 page" i meant mostly "move on with the petty childish comments, you did nothing but that for 6 pages"

I'm helping the dev with the minigames as we speak, trying stuff and all...what pisses me off is when someone arrives, spits a bunch of random unhelpful insults and then leave the thread...or focus solely on the lesbian-issue...

which btw: MC's "beta" personality, comes from a situation where he is overwhelmed with new information about the surrounding society, he never met another guy, he has girls all around him(classmates/friends, family and neighbours) and most of them are older than he is, they're all nymphomaniacs, and all of them were just waiting for him to be old enough to have sex with him at their conditions....from what i understood of the characters, Nancy likes edging, Alison is an exhibitionist, Samantha likes dancing/sexy yoga and cosplay, Susan craves the taboo of a mom-son relationship(pregnancies included) so yeah MC is surrounded by women old enough to know what they want, but MC just became an adult, and he didn't even manage to have time to think about what he wants at all...he is simply following the mass because he is confused and because he doesn't have a choice(so far)

Of Course, the moment MC is the right age, they'll jump on him but at their conditions...the society is a matriarchy (something like in the game "Twisted World") the women are in charge because there aren't enough men, and they're used for sex and reproduction...

and while MC was too young to be "available" they had to wait and endure the waiting by having sex with each other...
Honestly I see I was wrong to try to engage with you, and try to have a civil conversation about seeing where you come from and telling you my thoughts, its clear that is you are unable to see/understand that people can want to express an option, and even if that option is similar or the same as someone else before the people behind it are not the same people,
"move on with the petty childish comments, you did nothing but that for 6 pages"
using "you" to Generalize everyone into a group and the attributing all the childish and petty comments to a collective and then point that anger at me, even though I personally had made only one comment where I expressed my sincere feeling regarding the game. You also demonstrate that you don't see the people as individuals but instead as a collective by explaining the "beta" behaver and how it is justified to me when that was not something I criticized. Just because people have said Something before does not mean people coming after don't have the right to express those options as well

Reactions: EZ8lt

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Honestly I see I was wrong to try to engage with you, and try to have a civil conversation about seeing where you come from and telling you my thoughts, its clear that is you are unable to see/understand that people can want to express an option, and even if that option is similar or the same as someone else before the people behind it are not the same people,

using "you" to Generalize everyone into a group and the attributing all the childish and petty comments to a collective and then point that anger at me, even though I personally had made only one comment where I expressed my sincere feeling regarding the game. You also demonstrate that you don't see the people as individuals but instead as a collective by explaining the "beta" behaver and how it is justified to me when that was not something I criticized. Just because people have said Something before does not mean people coming after don't have the right to express those options as well
At least we agree on something...on top of that, you misunderstood me...

"This game sucks, i quit" ← this is a petty comment that it's worth nothing, doesn't add a single thing to a conversation, and it stays pretty much there.

"this game sucks...BECAUSE [insert a list of reasons]" this kind of comment is actually good, because it adds something to a conversation, people can reply to this kind of comment, we can debate over this and by debating over it we produce feedbacks, we spend time together(if you care about it) and develop new opinions or strengthen the opinions that we already have, and the developer can learn from both the comment itself and our debating over that comment...

Are people allowed to express themselves? OF COURSE

My issue is more about "if someone hated the game, and they don't want to share the reasons...why commenting at all?"

Leviweeb

Mar 5, 2018
At least we agree on something...on top of that, you misunderstood me...

"This game sucks, i quit" ← this is a petty comment that it's worth nothing, doesn't add a single thing to a conversation, and it stays pretty much there.

"this game sucks...BECAUSE [insert a list of reasons]" this kind of comment is actually good, because it adds something to a conversation, people can reply to this kind of comment, we can debate over this and by debating over it we produce feedbacks, we spend time together(if you care about it) and develop new opinions or strengthen the opinions that we already have, and the developer can learn from both the comment itself and our debating over that comment...

Are people allowed to express themselves? OF COURSE

My issue is more about "if someone hated the game, and they don't want to share the reasons...why commenting at all?"
You say that, which I 100% agree with that if you are just say I quit it sucks without explaining what you dislike about it is useless and petty, but are you still are generalizing with the fact that my comment and many others were the second type where I explain exactly what I do not like about the game, but every time you reply it is like you cannot separate one persons criticiziom form everyone who dislikes the game.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
You say that, which I 100% agree with that if you are just say I quit it sucks without explaining what you dislike about it is useless and petty, but are you still are generalizing with the fact that my comment and many others were the second type where I explain exactly what I do not like about the game, but every time you reply it is like you cannot separate one persons criticiziom form everyone who dislikes the game.
I used "you" instead "you people who wrote a petty, childish comment that adds nothing to the conversation"

i didn't mean "you" as "leviweeb and friends"

did i generalize? Yes but it's something that in my nation we do a lot...usually it's understood so yeah there is that...

Leviweeb

Mar 5, 2018
I used "you" instead "you people who wrote a petty, childish comment that adds nothing to the conversation"

i didn't mean "you" as "leviweeb and friends"

did i generalize? Yes but it's something that in my nation we do a lot...usually it's understood so yeah there is that...
And that’s the problem, do people generalize, yes is it ok, sometimes yes, ie people who drink and drive crash way more then people don’t, but it one thing to say you in a general comment about the state of things but it is another thing to say you in a direct response, I knew it wasn’t directed at just me but “Leviweeb and friends” but the point is if generalizing people make sure you actually are talking about the people you are generalizing,
Say my opinion is that people who like red are idiots

And then you have a comment about what your favourite colours and mention you don’t hate red.

And I say you are dumb for liking red.

And then say well you shouldn’t say everyone who likes red is dumb and I also never said I liked red.

And I say when I said “you are dumb” I didn’t mean you I meant you people who like red.

Because the comment I put out there by how you discribe it is not one of of the petty ones and yet you still are grouping me as if I was one of them.

I am sorry for needlessly adding more and keep talking about this because I know it is just miscommunication and we are all just people, but I am the type who is not great at letting things go lol

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
Hey, I'm seeing the following on Allison's scenes both before and after getting update b:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Try starting over. Unfortunately you have to set Allison's relationship to the roommate again, even if you want to leave it default. After setting the relationship you should be able to use skip to go through the first chapter and get to the second. Let me know you still have any issues after that.

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
Try starting over. Unfortunately you have to set Allison's relationship to the roommate again, even if you want to leave it default. After setting the relationship you should be able to use skip to go through the first chapter and get to the second. Let me know you still have any issues after that.
This was a new game, not sure about setting the relationship.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I agree with you, but I will definitely not judge the people who were offended by that scene, we are all different, with different feelings.
I understand people being offended by a scene. No problem with that.
My point is that you have to agree on the terminology to have a proper discussion.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
He has known the 4 females his whole life, and all he does is follow instructions, even within his house, which he lived his whole life there.

He literally has done nothing yet except following instruction, absolutely nothing. That is not how humans in general behave, and its not how i like protagonists in novel to behave either.

I like the game, but i dont like the MC's behaviour, i wish he would be more proactive and less of a puppy doing everything he is told to do
I agree with you. While I like playing the game everything seems to be BACK ASS WARD!!! The game states that there could be a ratio of 12 women to 1 of him. Meaning he is more important to them then they are to him. He could just walk a way and they would all be screwed. They should be getting HIS BRAND not him getting theirs! It also seems he is doing alot more pleasing of them then they are pleasing him! It should be them being in HIS HAREM. But sure seems to be leading to him being their SLAVE.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I agree with you. While I like playing the game everything seems to be BACK ASS WARD!!! The game states that there could be a ratio of 12 women to 1 of him. Meaning he is more important to them then they are to him. He could just walk a way and they would all be screwed. They should be getting HIS BRAND not him getting theirs! It also seems he is doing alot more pleasing of them then they are pleasing him! It should be them being in HIS HAREM. But sure seems to be leading to him being their SLAVE.
keep in mind that this is just the beginning of the game...and that there are like 5 chapters and 2/3 to see (ch2 has only part 1, probably of 2 or 3) maybe something will change later...

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
keep in mind that this is just the beginning of the game...and that there are like 5 chapters and 2/3 to see (ch2 has only part 1, probably of 2 or 3) maybe something will change later...
I hope so and why I keep playing the game. I guess I'm just venting what I'm feeling as I play the game so far. I'm just worried cause it seems a lot of devs keep the MC as a beta male in their games and let the females just run all over the MC's. Then the MC's have to kiss their feet during the game........UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH I pray this isn't another one

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 44117, in script
call screen neigh_game1_p1_4
ScriptError: could not find label 'neigh_game1_p1_5_4'.

---------------------------------------------------------------

While loading <'Image' u'neigh_game1_p1_1_n1.png'>:
File "game/script.rpy", line 44200, in script
call screen neigh_game1_p1_1_n1
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'neigh_game1_p1_1_n1.png'.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 44117, in script
call screen neigh_game1_p1_4
ScriptError: could not find label 'neigh_game1_p1_5_4'.

---------------------------------------------------------------

While loading <'Image' u'neigh_game1_p1_1_n1.png'>:
File "game/script.rpy", line 44200, in script
call screen neigh_game1_p1_1_n1
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'neigh_game1_p1_1_n1.png'.
During nancy's first minigame?

do +5 -1 +4

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
I don't know if so many players could be satisfied with this...

I'm currently sitting here and compiling a list of typos and grammar-mistakes, to make it easier for the dev to fix them.
Because I really like this dev and would like to see him succeed.

But at this stage in the game, it just feels like MC already stopped caring about all the shit he was put through. All forgotton and forgiven, as soon as he saw the possibility of some action with them. While for me this just feels like he, once again, simply gave them what they wanted from the very beginning. His dick. Without having to do anything for it.

I'd really like to see them actually make amends for it BEFORE he starts making everyone else happy. Like drugging him...
Susan was willing to do it FOR Samantha. And Samantha was willing to do it FOR Susan. But neither thought about that they are doing it TO MC.
Then Susan wants MC to help Samantha be happy again. And Samantha wants MC to help Susan be happy again.
Could we maybe get a scene in which these two come together and discuss, what they could do FOR MC to be happy again, after what they did to him!?
Right now, their way to apologize is to teach him how to satisfy their needs.

I know I'm probably just restating what was said before. But to me, it would be so satisfying to see something like that before he gets into bed with them...

Last edited:
2.80 star(s) 10 Votes