VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
He has known the 4 females his whole life, and all he does is follow instructions, even within his house, which he lived his whole life there.

He literally has done nothing yet except following instruction, absolutely nothing. That is not how humans in general behave, and its not how i like protagonists in novel to behave either.

I like the game, but i dont like the MC's behaviour, i wish he would be more proactive and less of a puppy doing everything he is told to do
i mean...does he have a choice? either he wants to leave(he will not) or want to stay, he still must wait for the ritual...and he recently started to have some confidence(enough to fuck his family, and use some dirty talk) meanwhile he questions the situation...

if he didn't, it wouldn't be different from running in the dark not knowing when he'll hit a wall his face XDXD

Knowledge = Power

meaning that he may become more confident once he'll know more and have more freedom...

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
The mc is raised a certain way my friend thats why he is how is. Maybe at the end of the game he will do more things his own way he is stil learing things.
Yeah, i am hoping he changes as the game progresses. Again, i like the game in general, except for a few things like the minigames, but the MC absolute BETA personality is, to me, the worst thing in the game so far

Again, this isnt saying the game is bad, just that i like the protagonists to be more alpha oriented and more proactive instead of just follow orders all day long. I dont want to repeat, but the MC hasnt done a single action so far that was his decision, everything he has done, sexual or not, was because he was told to

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
i mean...does he have a choice? either he wants to leave(he will not) or want to stay, he still must wait for the ritual...and he recently started to have some confidence(enough to fuck his family, and use some dirty talk) meanwhile he questions the situation...

if he didn't, it wouldn't be different from running in the dark not knowing when he'll hit a wall his face XDXD

Knowledge = Power

meaning that he may become more confident once he'll know more and have more freedom...
Its not a matter of choice, its a matter of personality, he is displaying a Beta personality, if he was more alpha he would definitely tackle the different situations differently. Do you really think its normal for people to do nothing except what they are told to do?

Because i dont think there is any situation outside of military where someone just does only things they are told to do

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
There is also the choice missing to "train" with no one.
You can either choose one of the females or both, I mean you can ask about Exile but you have no choice as the player as to "train" with one of them.

And what I didn't get, what is the "training" for? How to fuck at the ritual?

(Yeah, without the training we would have no game to complain about it but some things make no sense to not ask questions. ^^)

Edit: I forgot something, don't know if that has changed in the rewrites.
Wasn't the Arbiter away for some task and couldn't do the ritual in time for the MC?
So, without the Arbiter away, the MC would have had the ritual and no training with the females nearby.
So why is there training now?
It might have been better to don't mention it at all that the ritual would be at a later date. ^^

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Lusa2

Apr 6, 2018
Hello, I receive this error after the "I must say I'm enjoying the show".
I can follow up and go next to "It has been a week since I received Laïla's mark".
It's a save from 0.1 version
Thank you

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 31319, in <module>
NameError: name 'llwin' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 31319, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1892, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
The City of Promise Chapter2-Part1
Sat Jul  3 00:54:14 2021

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Hello, I receive this error after the "I must say I'm enjoying the show".
I can follow up and go next to "It has been a week since I received Laïla's mark".
It's a save from 0.1 version
Thank you

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 31319, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1892, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
The City of Promise Chapter2-Part1
Sat Jul  3 00:54:14 2021
You need to restart, because that variable is defined at the start of the game. It happened to me too

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
Hey all. I wanted to take a second to thank everyone for the constructive feedback. This is an evolving process and I will continue to do my best to take your advice into consideration while staying true to my overall vision for the game.

In case you missed it, version 1a was released yesterday. This version fixes the landlady loop and the missing images. Unfortunately, if you are getting the cannot find "llwin" error you will need to start over. I know its a pain but I recommend turning on skip to quickly get back to where you left off.

Let me know if you come across any other issues and enjoy the game.

-TGO

Leviweeb

Mar 5, 2018
One big advice for the players: move on, 6 pages, all about the drugging or MC either not reacting on the matter, or over-reacting and which situation is NTR or not...let's focus on the bugs, the grammar errors or which character we like more(bit early for this but still)...if you care about the game, do something that is actually helpful...
Hey while I can see where you are coming from with the move on It has been 6 pages, and In a situation when that was all in the past I am all for moving on, But since changes were made directly towards those ends that it is something worth talking about aka The state of the last update, even if(which he doesn't have) the dev does not change those parts it is good to know what people think of the changes, If it is not said then the game maker can just assume that the changes worked and people are all good with it, It understand that if the Game maker made a change last version and then made another version not changing it but adding new stuff, and people were still only talking about something that is not related to what is currently coming out, but it is something regarding what has just been changed in the latest update.

Sorry for my long winded response on a topic you are probably tried of hearing about, but I just wanted to try to explain where I am coming from, and I Honestly want what is best for the game maker, I want them to learn and grow, to think about how people will see and approach there games and learn what they want towards a game. so that even if the game is not for me maybe down the line if this dev is ever at a point where the want to make another game they will have an idea of what there core audience(the ones who already like and will play there games) a general audience and what the personally want in their game and take a step back and see where they are willing to compromise on vs what the are not willing to compromise on, so that when the time comes and even on this game they can make those things clear and make the best game possible.

TLDR: I want the best for the game maker and do not want to be mean I just want to put what I think out there to hopeful help them improve. and I am sorry if I am annoying lol

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Hey while I can see where you are coming from with the move on It has been 6 pages, and In a situation when that was all in the past I am all for moving on, But since changes were made directly towards those ends that it is something worth talking about aka The state of the last update, even if(which he doesn't have) the dev does not change those parts it is good to know what people think of the changes, If it is not said then the game maker can just assume that the changes worked and people are all good with it, It understands that if the Game maker made a change last version and then made another version not changing it but adding new stuff, and people were still only talking about something that is not related to what is currently coming out, but it is something regarding what has just been changed in the latest update.

Sorry for my long-winded response on a topic you are probably tired of hearing about, but I just wanted to try to explain where I am coming from, and I Honestly want what is best for the game maker, I want them to learn and grow, to think about how people will see and approach their games and learn what they want towards a game. So that even if the game is not for me maybe down the line if this dev is ever at a point where the want to make another game they will have an idea of what their core audience(the ones who already like and will play their games) a general audience and what they personally want in their game and take a step back and see where they are willing to compromise on vs what they are not willing to compromise on, so that when the time comes and even on this game they can make those things clear and make the best game possible.

TLDR: I want the best for the game maker and do not want to be mean, I just want to put what I think out there to hopeful help them improve. And I am sorry if I am annoying, lol
With my "move on, it has been 6 page" i meant mostly "move on with the petty childish comments, you did nothing but that for 6 pages"

I'm helping the dev with the minigames as we speak, trying stuff and all...what pisses me off is when someone arrives, spits a bunch of random unhelpful insults and then leave the thread...or focus solely on the lesbian-issue...

which btw: MC's "beta" personality, comes from a situation where he is overwhelmed with new information about the surrounding society, he never met another guy, he has girls all around him(classmates/friends, family and neighbours) and most of them are older than he is, they're all nymphomaniacs, and all of them were just waiting for him to be old enough to have sex with him at their conditions....from what i understood of the characters, Nancy likes edging, Alison is an exhibitionist, Samantha likes dancing/sexy yoga and cosplay, Susan craves the taboo of a mom-son relationship(pregnancies included) so yeah MC is surrounded by women old enough to know what they want, but MC just became an adult, and he didn't even manage to have time to think about what he wants at all...he is simply following the mass because he is confused and because he doesn't have a choice(so far)

Of Course, the moment MC is the right age, they'll jump on him but at their conditions...the society is a matriarchy (something like in the game "Twisted World") the women are in charge because there aren't enough men, and they're used for sex and reproduction...

and while MC was too young to be "available" they had to wait and endure the waiting by having sex with each other...

Last edited:
Reactions: clowns234

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
With my "move on, it has been 6 page" i meant mostly "move on with the petty childish comments, you did nothing but that for 6 pages"

I'm helping the dev with the minigames as we speak, trying stuff and all...what pisses me off is when someone arrives, spits a bunch of random unhelpful insults and then leave the thread...or focus solely on the lesbian-issue...

which btw: MC's "beta" personality, comes from a situation where he is overwhelmed with new information about the surrounding society, he never met another guy, he has girls all around him(classmates/friends, family and neighbours) and most of them are older than he is, they're all nymphomaniacs, and all of them were just waiting for him to be old enough to have sex with him at their conditions....from what i understood of the characters, Nancy likes edging, Alison is an exhibitionist, Samantha likes dancing/sexy yoga and cosplay, Susan craves the taboo of a mom-son relationship(pregnancies included) so yeah MC is surrounded by women old enough to know what they want, but MC just became an adult, and he didn't even manage to have time to think about what he wants at all...he is simply following the mass because he is confused and because he doesn't have a choice(so far)

Of Course, the moment MC is the right age, they'll jump on him but at their conditions...the society is a matriarchy (something like in the game "Twisted World") the women are in charge because there aren't enough men, and they're used for sex and reproduction...

and while MC was too young to be "available" they had to wait and endure the waiting by having sex with each other...
True and that last reason is why especially if they also have some emotional needs concerning males and not only sexual ones, they better make sure Mc is happy as well. He is a rare resource and if make him choose exile or suicide or whatever by treating him too badly they will never have what they really want, they will have absolutely nothing. Things like that work two ways, you are owned by what you want to own and better treat it well especially if there are likely dozens of women out there that will love to take him off your hands at the slightest hint Mc would be open to that and at least some will have that power :p

They may have the power of more knowledge now, MC has the bigger power of being a rare wanted commodity and even if he does not know it yet, those women do know that and that how they treat him will have future consequences.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
True and that last reason is why especially if they also have some emotional needs concerning males and not only sexual ones, they better make sure Mc is happy as well. He is a rare resource and if make him choose exile or suicide or whatever by treating him too badly they will never have what they really want, they will have absolutely nothing. Things like that work two ways, you are owned by what you want to own and better treat it well especially if there are likely dozens of women out there that will love to take him off your hands at the slightest hint Mc would be open to that and at least some will have that power :p

They may have the power of more knowledge now, MC has the bigger power of being a wanted commodity and even if he does not know it yet, those women do know that and that how they treat him will have future consequences.
that's also true...and that's why they're doing the training...before the actual Ritual with the Arbiter...they're grooming him in a way or preparing him. As far as we know, the sex-experimenting, the whole "discovering sexuality and sex in general" should happen AFTER the ritual but Susan pulled some strings around so that MC can do that before the Coming of Age(also the "Arbiter" is "not available" so MC is getting his ritual later than usual)

Short Version: Yeah you're right but the ladies are taking over him anyway because he still is not allowed to know most of the stuff revolving around society and adulthood...i mean...MC is having sex with Susan and Samantha...and he is about to fuck Alison and Nancy...i don't know your preferences...but it sounds like a nice deal XD

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021

They may have the power of more knowledge now, MC has the bigger power of being a rare wanted commodity and even if he does not know it yet, those women do know that and that how they treat him will have future consequences.
As more of the details come to light, what the Dev was going for in the first chapter begins to make more sense.

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
Short Version: Yeah you're right but the ladies are taking over him anyway because he still is not allowed to know most of the stuff revolving around society and adulthood...i mean...MC is having sex with Susan and Samantha...and he is about to fuck Alison and Nancy...i don't know your preferences...but it sounds like a nice deal XD
That... I don't understand. What did I miss?

Susan clearly states, that "The Mark is a special mark that you receive, that shows you are ready to begin the Ceremony". And that it is made up of different Lines with different meanings (individual, home, society, ...). Samantha tells us in no uncertain terms, we need to spend time with both of them, or we would loose one half of it. But they also keep switching between those lines being part of "the mark" and being individual marks themselves. So I'm not sure anymore.
Either way, I thought MC needs to do this with them, so he can start the ceremony in the first place. I think I also read a few other people here posting about having the same impression. Especially since Susan tells Samantha in the very beginning of the game, that she didn't want to tell MC anything about the ceremony, because she didn't want him to leave (because Samantha left immediately after passing it). Implying she either didn't want MC to pass or to not qualify.

By the way... that is one perfect example of what I meant earlier, with the discrepancy between the plot in devs head and the plot writing in the game...

*EDIT*
Just noticed something when I lookes it up. In that dialogue MC says something about "I thought you said we couldn't switch". And Samantha is immediately like "Yeah asshole, you better not pull something like this with me". What are they talking about? Is that a hardcoded response to the optional question from the first lesson with Susan? Where I can ask her to switch to Samantha?

*EDIT 2*
And if I'm already at it... why do I need the approval of a person, who (in her own words) was barely home in over a year, to make a connection with MY home? I get Susan, as the homeowner and all... but Samantha?

Last edited:

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
The City of Promise [Ch.2 P1b] [TGO Entertainment] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 2,81 GB / 271 MB - TheCityofPromise-Chapter2-Part1b-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,78 GB / 237 MB - TheCityofPromise-Chapter2-Part1b-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): Workupload - -

Please drop a (y) to support my work. Thanks and happy fapping gaming! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:
2.80 star(s) 10 Votes