VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
But at this stage in the game, it just feels like MC already stopped caring about all the shit he was put through. All forgotton and forgiven, as soon as he saw the possibility of some action with them. While for me this just feels like he, once again, simply gave them what they wanted from the very beginning. His dick. Without having to do anything for it.
Its worse than that, they are making him work for it. They are playing with him as you play with a puppy and after the puppy does what you want you pet the dog.

That is how they are treating them, making them do stupid mini games to get the reward, all of them having the MC eating from their hands.

Its as i said before, we are in Chapter 2 and the MC hasnt done a single action that wasnt one of the girls telling him to do it. Not a single action.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
In the last 2 days, I went through all 3 versions of the game (Ch. 1.01, Ch. 1 - Rewrite, and Ch.2 P1b) and my resume is all versions are bad and I won't continue playing the game it may be good for a fap if it gets a gallery mod but that's it.

The reasons for that are not only that the MC is a beta who just does what he is told and that he already forgot that he was drugged by the ones closest to him and his reaction to it is laughable.
The story demands that all of the girls are basically sluts and that is a major turn-off for me, I mean the MC is supposed to get 12 girls but with the ceremony, none of them will be a virgin? and even if you exclude the 5 MILFs none of the other 7 girls will be either. The main story may be interesting but the way the game started is just not my thing.

Also, the minigames are annoying.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Its worse than that, they are making him work for it. They are playing with him as you play with a puppy and after the puppy does what you want you pet the dog.

That is how they are treating them, making them do stupid mini games to get the reward, all of them having the MC eating from their hands.

Its as i said before, we are in Chapter 2 and the MC hasnt done a single action that wasnt one of the girls telling him to do it. Not a single action.
agree. And if he jumps through their hoops right and pass all their little test.....They will honor him with part of their brand!!! WTF!!!!!!!!! He should be BRANDING THEIR ASS!!! It is like he is being slowly trained to be their slave. It is a ratio of 12 women to 1 man.........F THEM!!! They should be on their knees begging him to allow them to be in his harem!!!

Now all that said. I"m playing the game HOPING MC will get a dang back bone soon and take charge and BE THE MAN OF THE HOUSEHOLD/FAMILY.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
agree. And if he jumps through their hoops right and pass all their little test.....They will honor him with part of their brand!!! WTF!!!!!!!!! He should be BRANDING THEIR ASS!!! It is like he is being slowly trained to be their slave. It is a ratio of 12 women to 1 man.........F THEM!!! They should be on their knees begging him to allow them to be in his harem!!!

Now all that said. I"m playing the game HOPING MC will get a dang back bone soon and take charge and BE THE MAN OF THE HOUSEHOLD/FAMILY.
Yeah, i hope the same, but honestly, it wont feel right that he changes form full Beta to Alpha. Sudden changes in personality arent good either, even if it would be worse to keep the MC as a carpet of every single woman around him

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
I'd just like to point out:
When Samantha visits MC in his room after the revealing talk at the kitchen-table, he says something about now making his own life-decisions (which he then doesn't, of course). But Samantha comments that with "Wow, finally growing some backbone!" which MC could tell: "She was actually sincere".
So right there, we have official confirmation they actually see him as a spineless wimp :D

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
I'd just like to point out:
When Samantha visits MC in his room after the revealing talk at the kitchen-table, he says something about now making his own life-decisions (which he then doesn't, of course). But Samantha comments that with "Wow, finally growing some backbone!" which MC could tell: "She was actually sincere".
So right there, we have official confirmation they actually see him as a spineless wimp :D
yes and that they want him to have a back bone. At least that is how i read that. So could some of what the girls are doing is to piss him off enough he finally gets enough of it and finds his back bone?

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Yeah, i hope the same, but honestly, it wont feel right that he changes form full Beta to Alpha. Sudden changes in personality arent good either, even if it would be worse to keep the MC as a carpet of every single woman around him
he is young so it would take baby steps to get him to Alpha. But he does need to hurry up and take that first step already. First step would just need to be him saying "NO"! We are going to do this my way now!

Reactions: juan palote

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
yes and that they want him to have a back bone. At least that is how i read that. So could some of what the girls are doing is to piss him off enough he finally gets enough of it and finds his back bone?
Well, given the fact that he is the way he is, because that's how they raised him... I doubt it.

*EDIT*
Sorry, forgot: How they raised and genetically engineered him.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Well, given the fact that he is the way he is, because that's how they raised him... I doubt it.

*EDIT*
Sorry, forgot: How they raised and genetically engineered him.
You know a thought just hit me. Maybe that is how Society wants him to be a beta male. It seems like his "father" started to become more alpha............and "disappeared". Sam's boyfriend seemed to become more alpha and he too "DISAPPEARED". I could be reading too much into but thinking back on it......that is the feeling I got

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
juan palote said:
he is young so it would take baby steps to get him to Alpha. But he does need to hurry up and take that first step already. First step would just need to be him saying "NO"! We are going to do this my way now!

You know a thought just hit me. Maybe that is how Society wants him to be a beta male. It seems like his "father" started to become more alpha............and "disappeared". Sam's boyfriend seemed to become more alpha and he too "DISAPPEARED". I could be reading too much into but thinking back on it......that is the feeling I got
The last update talked about reducing the 'inhibitors' in his food. That would explain part of his 'docile' attitudes.
I think the women are preparing him for what's to come - all while staying under the radar. I still think that in the end, he will be the savior from this female-dominated corrupt society.

• Thinking Face

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020

The last update talked about reducing the 'inhibitors' in his food. That would explain part of his 'docile' attitudes.
I think the women are preparing him for what's to come - all while staying under the radar. I still think that in the end, he will be the savior from this female-dominated corrupt society.
agree with that about him maybe being the savior of the society. Maybe the only one that really wants him to be a beta is that BItch that is over the government. Maybe Mom, Sis, Aunt & Cousin are just training him how they were told to train him. (if you take away the drugging crap!). His test or what ever you want to call it. Is run by that bitch that is head of the Government. Maybe she is a Dominate and is having him trained to please her.

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
Two things:
1. Not a fan of theories that are completely made up and have no basis, whatsoever, on what we learned from the actual story.
Unless I missed something here, we know NOTHING about MC's father, other than that he is not in the house now.
Unless I missed something here, we know NOTHING about Sam's Ex, other than that one day, he just vanished without any explanation.

2. Even if you are right. Treating a family member like shit to make him strong does not really make me think higher of you...

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Two things:
1. Not a fan of theories that are completely made up and have no basis, whatsoever, on what we learned from the actual story.
Unless I missed something here, we know NOTHING about MC's father, other than that he is not in the house now.
Unless I missed something here, we know NOTHING about Sam's Ex, other than that one day, he just vanished without any explanation.

2. Even if you are right. Treating a family member like shit to make him strong does not really make me think higher of you...
Hard agree on both, specially the second one.

I dont agree with the theory of "treating you like a slave so you can overcome it"

Kelsmen

Jan 5, 2019
Let’s also take into account that perhaps the Mc is playing the long game here. What’s better to show your hand from the start or make them think they have control of the table then you lay down a royal flush.

• Thinking Face

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
Let’s also take into account that perhaps the Mc is playing the long game here. What’s better to show your hand from the start or make them think they have control of the table then you lay down a royal flush.
Hmm... possible.

But remember that the whole game is narrated by MC'S future self, looking back at his past. If he was actually planning something, I would expect that to somehow reflect in the way he talks about those past events. But instead we can read many instances of how he wanted to do something but was physically unable to. Or how he was shocked, surprised and couldn't believe what happened next. That sound like calculated outcomes to you?

At best I think he could be telling himself how someday, his time will come to pay them back. Like some prisoner (which he actually is if you think about it) biding his time. Doesn't put the whole thing in a better light, if you ask me.

Also this story will play out the way dev wants it to. This whole discussion only happens, because the majority of people seem to think it's bad right now. The dev himself seemed to be perfectly fine with having a mindless slave-MC. So even if he writes something like that into the future plot, it would still be too late. I already hate every character in this game, and I do not enjoy an MC who has to selflessly service characters I hate.

*EDIT*
Let me put it this way:
Given what we actually have, this is not a Hero's story, struggling to overcome adversities to gain strength and rise to the top. It's a Coming of Age story of an abused boy, which is generally is not something I'd want to fap to....
And if you treat a child like shit, chances are it's not going to evolve into a strong hero. No matter how you try to spin these character's behavior, it's no justification that will make me suddenly forgive them.

Last edited:

Kelsmen

Jan 5, 2019
Hmm... possible.

But remember that the whole game is narrated by MC'S future self, looking back at his past. If he was actually planning something, I would expect that to somehow reflect in the way he talks about those past events. But instead we can read many instances of how he wanted to do something but was physically unable to. Or how he was shocked, surprised and couldn't believe what happened next. That sound like calculated outcomes to you?

At best I think he could be telling himself how someday, his time will come to pay them back. Like some prisoner (which he actually is if you think about it) biding his time. Doesn't put the whole thing in a better light, if you ask me.

Also this story will play out the way dev wants it to. This whole discussion only happens, because the majority of people seem to think it's bad right now. The dev himself seemed to be perfectly fine with having a mindless slave-MC. So even if he writes something like that into the future plot, it would still be too late. I already hate every character in this game, and I do not enjoy an MC who has to selflessly service characters I hate.
so I decided to restart the game and just get to the first part. While telling everything that has happened in the world he is talking in past tense. But then after you pick the name and relationship of Susan and Samantha the Mc says the following

“So now we’re up to speed. Today was the last day of class. Tonight is my coming of age party. Time to find out what the big secret is.”

so with him saying that and at the very beginning he says “Mc is my name and this is my story.” Now we can take that as either him telling his story from a future stand point or just telling us what is happening up until when the game actually starts.What I’m thinking is that the Mc is just supposed to be giving us a overview of what has happened so far. But with the way the writer wrote it. It doesn’t show where he is coming from.

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
so I decided to restart the game and just get to the first part. While telling everything that has happened in the world he is talking in past tense. But then after you pick the name and relationship of Susan and Samantha the Mc says the following

“So now we’re up to speed. Today was the last day of class. Tonight is my coming of age party. Time to find out what the big secret is.”

so with him saying that and at the very beginning he says “Mc is my name and this is my story.” Now we can take that as either him telling his story from a future stand point or just telling us what is happening up until when the game actually starts.What I’m thinking is that the Mc is just supposed to be giving us a overview of what has happened so far. But with the way the writer wrote it. It doesn’t show where he is coming from.
I actually agree with you there.
I just automatically assumed the whole narration was still coming from his future self, because in addition to the narration, there are also the italic-lines representing his thoughts. I don't see any reason to spell out his current thoughts AND narrate from a present point of view. Would seem kind of odd having spoken lines, thoughts, and narration that comes from...somewhere. Not his head, then it would be his thoughts again... But maybe that's just me. Maybe he has a second personality that likes to narrate his life as it happens.

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021

Excellent catch on this and everyone who's noticed the MC's "future self" is telling the story. I can see how that opening can be confusing. That was one of the first things I wrote so it definitely needs some clean-up.

Also something I hope people pick up on: while he's telling the story in present about the past, anything in italics are his thoughts in that moment. That's the same for other characters. That's what they are thinking.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I gave it another chance and played this new version. Have to say that the impression I got is that the mom is the one with the plan, the MC is just a dog chasing cars (in his case chasing pussy).

I highly suspect that Susan (mom) is the informant and she is trying to save her son (MC) from the same fate that Samantha's boyfriend had. Somehow building a harem for his son is integral for her plan based on slip of the tongue moments she has had.

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes