VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Hahahaha nope I got my signature off one rant me and some users were having about a love interest in a VN, this character was an actual whore so don't twist your panties. Being serious one of the advantages of the internet is that you can joke about shit you would not openly do in real life. For example I have a half-sister and I have never called my mom a whore or cum dumpster, I will never do that for two reasons:
  1. She is my mom and that's reason enough.
  2. My half-sister doesn't know (shit I am certain non of my siblings do) that she is not my father's daughter and I won't make her suspicious (my father knows though, he is still married to my mom).
All is not rainbow farts and niceness in life and some times you get to see the fucked up side of life and your only place to joke about it is in places like this. My father got wind of my mom's fuckup because of me and you can imagine what treatment I got from her because of that. I got no treatment/interaction at all after I started high-school and at 17 when I had an accident and had to be taken to the hospital my mom decided that wasn't her duty and I was left unconscious with intracranial hemorrhage until a maid informed my brother a day later (it really is more fucked up than that but I am giving the abridged version). The health consequences of this have made too apparent what Sarkasmus said in this post:

After my accident I needed physiotherapy and was left with a good chunk of my memories gone, transient global amnesia, chronic pain, visual hallucinations and have being using a cane to walk ever since. As Sarkasmus said some women aren't willing to take the other roll. During my rehabilitation I had to travel out of state and at my return I found my girlfriend pregnant by some other man and she told me that it was because she was stressed because of my condition :ROFLMAO:. That is the only time I have called a real woman (not a fictitious character) a whore.

Ever since it has always been the same I get a girlfriend she is happy I have the looks, I am mellow, the big house, the bank account, then they get a taste of some episodes of the transient global amnesia and me waking in the middle of the night screaming in pain or staring into the void and suddenly it is too much and the popular response is that they want to be pampered not look out for me.

The last girlfriend I had was pretty cool about my shit until my neurologist diagnosed me with mild cognitive impairment (a possible precursor of dementia) at 32 years old and we both agreed to just be friends. My doctor told me to not make any harsh decision because based on my case it may not progress, to that I said fuck it, liquidated most of my assets and became a bon viveur recluse, at 35 here I am lurking n95 waiting to see if I resume my life or blow my brains. All of this shit because of how some women behave.

So excuse me if I call some pixels a cum dumpster. :poop:
Mah man, no jokes, you got the NTR treatment in real life, that shit sucks.

Reactions: v1900

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
So since the Ch2P1b-update the Animations are not playing for me.
I read a few posts from others with the same problem.
Could those people do me a favour and try placing the script.rpy-file I attached in their game-folder?
And then check if the Animations play? First Anomation should be the Cunnilingus-Scene on the couch between Samantha and Alison.

*EDIT*
I forgot: when you download this file, F95 adds numbers at the beginning of the Filename.
The file has to be named just "script.rpy", without the Numbers and the underscore at the beginning.

*EDIT 2*
Attached updated Script-file to make the Volume-Slider work.

Last edited:

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
So since the Ch2P1b-update the Animations are not playing for me.
I read a few posts from others with the same problem.
Could those people do me a favour and try placing the script.rpy-file I attached in their game-folder?
And then check if the Animations play? First Anomation should be the Cunnilingus-Scene on the couch between Samantha and Alison.

*EDIT*
I forgot: when you download this file, F95 adds numbers at the beginning of the Filename.
The file has to be named just "script.rpy", without the Numbers and the underscore at the beginning.
i tried it, the animations worked fine, the sound slider for the animations dosnt work with this file.

Try this, delete the 2 Script files from the game folder and paste this one, dont use unren.

Last edited:

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
i tried it, the animations worked fine, the sound slider for the animations dosnt work with this file.
...because I'm stupid. Could you try this file instead? The slider should work with this (the one for Movie volume).

Last edited:

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
...because I'm stupid. Could you try this file too? The slider should work with this (the one for Movie volume).

Try this, delete the 2 Script files from the game folder and paste this one, dont use unren.
The slider worked fine with the other file, try the file i posted.

Last edited:

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020

Uh, nice. You packaged it. Works fine in my game. With Audio-Slider and all.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Heya,

I played the new update.
I will not take into account the inconsistencies of the story, because when you change some part of it, you have created inconsistencies. That's unavoidable.

Sooo... It's still a no for me.

Some lines of dialogues changed in the first part, but you still can't feel the pain and the anger of the MC, nor the guilt from the family. Nothing really changed. The drug is still here, the mom used it in the past to have sex with the teacher and principal and all (NO, I'll never get over this, never) the sister still KO him, and they are still a bunch of sluts.

There are still a dozen reasons for the MC to choose exile.
Drugged, and the mother and sister had sex with others : exile
A second time drugged (it failed, but still) : exile
KO by the sister : exile
The sister who said " sorry " with a smile on her face (fucking shit, dam I hate you so much) : exile
The sister who sneak in the room and almost touching herself and make fun of the MC's resolution : exile
And I can continue for three hours.

And the MC is still the same... oh, god...
I don't know, yell at them, break half of the house, slap them in the face, say you hate them, do whatever you want, but for god's sake : do something I can believe in, please!
Dam, dude, your mother basically lied to you your whole life ! You can't just accept the training like nothing happended just a few hours ago! Rise from your lethargic state and unleash the wrath of Hell!
It's still so unreal to me.

And it's was the same with the aunt and cousin. Their " guilt " is just a joke. Whores.
Damm I hate that family. UURRGGG.

I had some time, so, to calm my anger, I made my own dialogue when the MC choose "What happened last night"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well, that was refreshing.
That is a basic behavior of someone who just lost its faith and world.
Again, if the game stay like this, there is nothing more than the exile for him.
I cut when Sam dared to speak again and the MC punched her in the face, and kicks her in the belly and the head while she's on the ground, bleeding. And I also cut when Susan called him sweetie a little too much and he slapped her slut face.
Let's stay a little civilized...

With that, good night everyone!

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
Heya,

I played the new update.
I will not take into account the inconsistencies of the story, because when you change some part of it, you have created inconsistencies. That's unavoidable.

Some lines of dialogues changed in the first part, but you still can't feel the pain and the anger of the MC, nor the guilt from the family. Nothing really changed. The drug is still here, the mom used it in the past to have sex with the teacher and principal and all (NO, I'll never get over this, never) the sister still KO him, and they are still a bunch of sluts.

The sister who said " sorry " with a smile on her face (fucking shit, dam I hate you so much) : exile
The sister who sneak in the room and almost touching herself and make fun of the MC's resolution : exile

I don't know, yell at them, break half of the house, slap them in the face, say you hate them, do whatever you want, but for god's sake : do something I can believe in, please!
Dam, dude, your mother basically lied to you your whole life ! You can't just accept the training like nothing happended just a few hours ago! Rise from your lethargic state and unleash the wrath of Hell!

And it's was the same with the aunt and cousin. Their " guilt " is just a joke. Whores.

I had some time, so, to calm my anger, I made my own dialogue when the MC choose "What happened last night"

Again, if the game stay like this, there is nothing more than the exile for him.
I cut when Sam dared to speak again and the MC punched her in the face, and kicks her in the belly and the head while she's on the ground, bleeding. And I also cut when Susan called him sweetie a little too much and he slapped her slut face.

Well... that was... liberating to read :D

I know the comments of how it doesn't make any sense for the MC to actually do it (since he was properly indoctrinated for his entire life, doesn't know anything about the world and actually can't leave the house, even if he wants to) are just around the corner. And I may would have worded the dialogue a little different... But he IS a teenager with moods. And I think it wonderfully reflects how the majority of players feel when playing.

Now with that in mind... I'd like to see how a patchwork-attempt at rewriting dialogue turns THAT around.
The dev demands they truly care about him, Sam for example only has trouble showing it. But the way they treat him, talk to him and behave towards him, is the complete opposite of "caring".
Even if the dev removes all the examples brought up until now, they just serve as proof for the lies and betrayels we automatically started to assume. If the proof goes away, we'll still feel the same... just without a way to point a finger and say "But look at what she says in that scene! It shows she lied about the MC not being turned into a breeder!". We still won't like the characters.

Like the SLX is supposed to have sideeffects now too. The headache. So it's no longer caused by MC hitting his head after being drugged.
Problem with that is: Did any of you notice, that they could have just as well have their parties at Nancy's? When Sam comes of age, and they use it on him for the first time, they included EVERYONE from the neighbor's household. So that house would have been free of underaged people that needed to be drugged. And he can't go there on his own, because the Tunnel only allows him to go to school and back. But they rather drugged him. Twice.
Now imagine the dev actually saying the SLX caused that "head splitting headache" MC complaines about. Dude was in PAIN. That would mean, they rather cause him pain, than to take a 30-second walk to the Neighbors house.
...Patchwork does not work. It makes everything worse.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Heya,

I played the new update.

I know the comments of how it doesn't make any sense for the MC to actually do it (since he was properly indoctrinated for his entire life, doesn't know anything about the world and actually can't leave the house, even if he wants to) are just around the corner. And I may would have worded the dialogue a little different... But he IS a teenager with moods. And I think it wonderfully reflects how the majority of players feel when playing.

Now with that in mind... I'd like to see how a patchwork-attempt at rewriting dialogue turns THAT around.
The dev demands they truly care about him, Sam for example only has trouble showing it. But the way they treat him, talk to him and behave towards him, is the complete opposite of "caring".
Even if the dev removes all the examples brought up until now, they just serve as proof for the lies and betrayels we automatically started to assume. If the proof goes away, we'll still feel the same... just without a way to point a finger and say "But look at what she says in that scene! It shows she lied about the MC not being turned into a breeder!". We still won't like the characters.

Like the SLX is supposed to have sideeffects now too. The headache. So it's no longer caused by MC hitting his head after being drugged.
Problem with that is: Did any of you notice, that they could have just as well have their parties at Nancy's? When Sam comes of age, and they use it on him for the first time, they included EVERYONE from the neighbor's household. So that house would have been free of underaged people that needed to be drugged. And he can't go there on his own, because the Tunnel only allows him to go to school and back. But they rather drugged him. Twice.
Now imagine the dev actually saying the SLX caused that "head splitting headache" MC complaines about. Dude was in PAIN. That would mean, they rather cause him pain, than to take a 30-second walk to the Neighbors house.

I answered by using the "Thinking Emoji" because i don't have a single thing to say(or nothing that would expand the conversation XDXD and i'm not ashamed to admit it XD), but you both wrote some valid and solid points about the whole thing

mind me that i'm not defending the game...i still try to keep my neutral-ish opinion...so far my opinion is that the chapters should be longer so that the every issue appeared so far, would be expanded and fixed "in-chapter" (like personally i would have split chapter 1 in at least 3 parts, one with the prologue, one with the whole MC snapping at the family, and the last part being "the training", in my personal vision, you would saw the end of chapter 1 by the end of august XDXD or september bc personal appointments in august so i wouldn't be at my desk/PC that much XD)

i sent both opinions directly to TGO so he can read them sooner(he doesn't check the thread too often as far as i understood)

We can only hope that he learns something from this kind of good opinions ^_^

Reactions: Sarkasmus and v1900

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I answered by using the "Thinking Emoji" because i don't have a single thing to say(or nothing that would expand the conversation XDXD and i'm not ashamed to admit it XD), but you both wrote some valid and solid points about the whole thing

mind me that i'm not defending the game...i still try to keep my neutral-ish opinion...so far my opinion is that the chapters should be longer so that the every issue appeared so far, would be expanded and fixed "in-chapter" (like personally i would have split chapter 1 in at least 3 parts, one with the prologue, one with the whole MC snapping at the family, and the last part being "the training", in my personal vision, you would saw the end of chapter 1 by the end of august XDXD or september bc personal appointments in august so i wouldn't be at my desk/PC that much XD)

i sent both opinions directly to TGO so he can read them sooner(he doesn't check the thread too often as far as i understood)

I still believe in the concept, or at least the concept I think the Dev is going for.
'A messed up futuristic world in need of a hero'

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I still believe in the concept, or at least the concept I think the Dev is going for.
'A messed up futuristic world in need of a hero'
Maybe it's that

I don't like spoilers so...i didn't ask anything about the plot to the dev...so...your guess is good too XD

Reactions: clowns234

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Well like I said before, what we miss most is some true care and love shown by those women to MC beyond fucking which they also mainly do for themselves as well as far as we can see. It is more or less all about them, which is not loving but possessive at best.

As is now, with their actions that do not show care, but are more abusive at best overall, just a few words about how caring they are does not really change that view and opinion. Actions speak louder as words, like staying with MC after drugging him in a panic instead of continuing orgy for a while and same giving a good reason why it did have to happen in their home and having to do it beyond just lust, so it does not feel like it was just a choice between drugging MC and no sex that night where MC lost out on that choice. That will never feel really loving :p

Your solution might work for that to bring that in, but yeah maybe dev wanted to show sex plus minigames a bit too much and forgot about the love aspect of game if he wanted that.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Well like I said before, what we miss most is some true care and love shown by those women to MC beyond fucking which they also mainly do for themselves as well as far as we can see. It is more or less all about them, which is not loving but possessive at best.

As is now, with their actions that do not show care, but are more abusive at best overall, just a few words about how caring they are does not really change that view and opinion. Actions speak louder as words, like staying with MC after drugging him in a panic instead of continuing orgy for a while and same giving a good reason why it did have to happen in their home and having to do it beyond just lust, so it does not feel like it was just a choice between drugging MC and no sex that night where MC lost out on that choice. That will never feel really loving :p

Your solution might work for that to bring that in, but yeah, maybe dev wanted to show sex plus minigames a bit too much and forgot about the love aspect of the game if he wanted that.
and that's why i'm doing my best to help him(for free) by sending him messages with links about writing romances, plots and other stuff...and helped him with the bugged minigames

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
All the issues go down to the MC being a Beta personality that doesnt even think by himself about anything. He sits around waiting to others (women in his family, hacker, the informant when it shows up).

Everything goes down to that, and the drug issue is an issue because he brushes it up as if it was a prank from his sister, otherwise i dont think it would be an issue at all.

I got sick reading the 40 times i got said i'm sorry with the same reply being made to those that said it, as if adding 40 apologies would change anything

I think the beta personality is the bigger issue, boring bugged minigames is also an issue, i am hoping the author to wake up and change how those things pan out in the future (i dont even care about current content being reworked at this point), but with more and more releases i dont see anything improving

Its sad, i had hopes for this game

Reactions: v1900

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
All the issues go down to the MC being a Beta personality that doesnt even think by himself about anything. He sits around waiting to others (women in his family, hacker, the informant when it shows up).

Everything goes down to that, and the drug issue is an issue because he brushes it up as if it was a prank from his sister, otherwise i dont think it would be an issue at all.

I got sick reading the 40 times i got said i'm sorry with the same reply being made to those that said it, as if adding 40 apologies would change anything

I think the beta personality is the bigger issue, boring bugged minigames is also an issue, i am hoping the author to wake up and change how those things pan out in the future (i dont even care about current content being reworked at this point), but with more and more releases i dont see anything improving

Its sad, i had hopes for this game
and he is trying to improve that...while still trying to move on with the plot...

again in my opinion, everything would be fixed(plot and character wise) if the chapters were longer...but longer chapters = more time working on them = less frequent releases...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
and he is trying to improve that...while still trying to move on with the plot...

again in my opinion, everything would be fixed(plot and character wise) if the chapters were longer...but longer chapters = more time working on them = less frequent releases...
Yeah but sometimes it is needed if you want to set chars up as you want, to give them that extra time sad but true. I can even live with fact MC might be more reactive and is trained to listen a bit too much due to background of the world, but if MC is meant to become proactive he has to show some signs of having a brain and using it and question and blame a bit at least in his mind. If the mom is meant to be loving instead of abusive and possessive she needs to show those sides of her as well and not only her bad sides with a sorry that does not feel genuine in the first place and where Mc who is in a way the center of their wants comes second all the time in reality to the wants and needs of his sister for his mother. That tells a player that sis is her center and not MC, he is just a walking dick to fulfill her fetishes now and you would think easily replaceable, while he is more or less irreplaceable for those as that world has been set up and those women should know that and be aware of it.

Chewing out the sister over knocking him out and hurting MC would have been a nice start and then taking care of MC for example. Just as sister laughing over it instead of real contrition does not help and a scene trying to make it up to MC would have helped or a scene where she at least showed concern for MC when knocked out even if she refuses to show that concern to MC when he is awake.

Basically what you show and tell as a dev has more impact as what you just tell as background and especially if show some bad things that are needed for your story, you also need to make those as undamaging to characters as possible and balance them with good scenes for those chars if they are meant to be romantic and loving chars.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Yeah but sometimes it is needed if you want to set chars up as you want, to give them that extra time sad but true. I can even live with fact MC might be more reactive and is trained to listen a bit too much due to background of the world, but if MC is meant to become proactive he has to show some signs of having a brain and using it and question and blame a bit at least in his mind. If the mom is meant to be loving instead of abusive and possessive she needs to show those sides of her as well and not only her bad sides with a sorry that does not feel genuine in the first place and where Mc who is in a way the center of their wants comes second all the time in reality to the wants and needs of his sister for his mother. That tells a player that sis is her center and not MC, he is just a walking dick to fulfill her fetishes now and you would think easily replaceable, while he is more or less irreplaceable for those as that world has been set up and those women should know that and be aware of it.

Chewing out the sister over knocking him out and hurting MC would have been a nice start and then taking care of MC for example. Just as sister laughing over it instead of real contrition does not help and a scene trying to make it up to MC would have helped or a scene where she at least showed concern for MC when knocked out even if she refuses to show that concern to MC when he is awake.

Basically what you show and tell as a dev has more impact as what you just tell as background and especially if show some bad things that are needed for your story, you also need to make those as undamaging to characters as possible and balance them with good scenes for those chars if they are meant to be romantic and loving chars.
I know and i'm frustrated that i can't personally help the dev on a constant basis(this or the fact that he doesn't have someone next to him that torments him with questions and gives this kind of opinions)

do i want MC more mad? Yes but the chapter would be longer
do i want more development of Susan and Samantha personalities? yes but again the chapter should/must be longer for that to happen

the dev re-wrote the first chapter like three times...cut off some stuff(something still must be cut yet considering the newest changes)

and honestly, i don't know what to say...this is where my opinions have little worth because i'm repeating the same things over and over XD

Arassei

May 28, 2019

Well, thank youuuu. xD
Yeah, at Nancy's house, in a hotel, motel, or even in the middle of the town... because apparently, the MC can just go in school or home.
That tunnel thing is incomprehensible, how can people tolerate it? How come the city hasn't been deserted yet? What if the MC broke a window at home or school, can he evade in the city ? And in the city, will he see all people fucking everywhere ?
There are even a ton of camera in Nancy's house. Is that legal ? Poeple of the city tolerate it ?

In my humble opinion, the dev thought about a story, or the begining of a story, including the possibility to show sex very early in the game. But beause hi didn't think enough about it, there are always annoying answers like " I can't tell you right now, you will find it later " or even you have a MC who don't give a shit and don't ask question. Because there is no answer yet...

The first time I played the game, I tried to imagine how all of it could have been happened. Allowing incest and all in the city, and make all the women bi-sexual.
It led to something like this :

Aaannnd, voilà. I just resolved half of the plot's problems with just a few lines.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

You see, i hoped that, but so far i dont see any improvement in the two items i said were the key problems, which are MC beta personality and boring and buggy minigames. One a story issue, one a gameplay one.

None of that has improved in the last release, which is why i am sad.

But i dont want to be harsh with the Dev, i am sure he is doing his best, i think he just planned his story wrong and its hard to change direction now, i hope he can but i doubt it

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
You see, i hoped that, but so far i dont see any improvement in the two items i said were the key problems, which are MC beta personality and boring and buggy minigames. One a story issue, one a gameplay one.

None of that has improved in the last release, which is why i am sad.

But i dont want to be harsh with the Dev, i am sure he is doing his best, i think he just planned his story wrong and its hard to change direction now, i hope he can but i doubt it
Things require time for being made properly

i'm trying to send the dev as much feedback as i can...i sent some opinions i found here in his DM-box...when he'll read them? i don't know, i don't know his timezone, as far as i know he may be sleeping XD

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes