VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
This, so much and all of this ^^^

I get invested in the story, it's why I hate certain kinks and bitch about them.

I'd at to this that mini-games ruin the immersion and the equivalent of throwing math or puzzle problem into a novel that has to be solved. Like Gandalf arriving at the shire and unless you can solve 345-52+235*23 = you can't put in the code to turn the page and continue the story.
This, so much this. Minigames are stupid. I get choices, but minigames make no sense. I am playing a VN, i dont want to solve a math problem in order to keep someone near a number, or a guessing problem trying to find out which dress someone likes, or any other of the minigames.

Let me play the VN

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
This, so much this. Minigames are stupid. I get choices, but minigames make no sense. I am playing a VN, i dont want to solve a math problem in order to keep someone near a number, or a guessing problem trying to find out which dress someone likes, or any other of the minigames.

Let me play the VN
remove the minigames...and you get a full Kinetic novel...and very little people like them XD

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
remove the minigames...and you get a full Kinetic novel...and very little people like them XD
Remove the minigames, ADD CHOICES (even some that makes the MC look more like a human being instead of a Puppy) and you have a much better game and you fix more than one issue your game has, like the MC having no personality

I think more people dislike minigames in VN than the people that dislike Kinetic Novels though, so its not like we have something better than a KN

When people bitch about KN, is to as for choices, not minigames

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
The only drawback is that even with the presence of the minigames, this game is still a kinetic novel, since its inclusion does not change anything about the "plot" at all.
yeah...

i don't know what to say, you're right...but so far the game doesn't seems to be set for minigames or choices...i mean MC can't explore, and the training is pretty much mandatory...what choice do you want? Going in exile? that's for the ceremony bc atm MC can barely go to school and at nancy's house...

choice to be more mad at Susan and Samantha? We'll see future releases...

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
yeah...

i don't know what to say, you're right...but so far the game doesn't seems to be set for minigames or choices...i mean MC can't explore, and the training is pretty much mandatory...what choice do you want? Going in exile? that's for the ceremony bc atm MC can barely go to school and at nancy's house...

You can have a choice to be more proactive in the "training". "Oh you dont want this dress because it shows too much skin?, well suck it, i dont like to get drugged either, use it anyway", for example.

EDIT: Also, if you write the story in a way that after two chapters you cant squeeze any choice, then you are writing a Kinetic Novel, sorry to burst your bubble

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
You can have a choice to be more proactive in the "training". "Oh you dont want this dress because it shows too much skin?, well suck it, i dont like to get drugged either, use it anyway", for example.
society is still a Matriarchy and there are cameras everywhere...so go figure if it's the right approach...

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
read it...doesn't change my opinion on the plot...
I dont think hims showing some minimal backbone after discovering he was being drugged behind his back is going to change much of the plot, specially since its the "early training"

But again, if the plot is so rigid, the the Dev is writing a KN, and the annoying minigames wont change that, its still a KN with annoying minigames and a mediocre plot with a weakminded MC

May 6, 2017
yeah...

Yes, I know, from the way the story is presented at the moment in these first chapters, it is understandable that we do not have too many freedoms in terms of options or exploration opportunities. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the only real option so far is choosing Susan or Samantha for training or both at the same time.

As for the hatred of mini games, I think most of them detest them for the simple fact that they have to be made / completed perfectly in order to please the different women in our family. (This can leave a bad feeling of each to the player, since it gives the feeling that we are being trained not for the ceremony but to be his ideal partner or man).

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Yes, I know, from the way the story is presented at the moment in these first chapters, it is understandable that we do not have too many freedoms in terms of options or exploration opportunities. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the only real option so far is choosing Susan or Samantha for training or both at the same time.

As for the hatred of mini games, I think most of them detest them for the simple fact that they have to be made / completed perfectly in order to please the different women in our family. (This can leave a bad feeling of each to the player, since it gives the feeling that we are being trained not for the ceremony but to be his ideal partner or man).
yeah the grooming is understandable...maybe i'm too chill to really care and i just want to see where the game will go before spitting comments at random(although like everyone here, i did rant about MC's lack of reactions for the drug-issue...but i don't like being mad at games...so i move on fast usually)

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I'm sticking around because I think it's going to get better.
Serious question - Why are you guys still here?

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
because i'm a masochist XD naah honestly i love the heated debates...but not so heated to become flames and showers of insults XD and in bigger threads...these heated debates becomes confusing because you don't remember how said what and when or in which page XD

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Pretty much for the thread's rant. I read the thread have a laugh then play the game to see what's what, get pissed, return to the thread talk some smack, wait for another update, rinse and repeat.

I am also waiting to see what the hell is the "exile" alternative. I suspect that it is an euphemism for incarceration and becoming breeding stock in a pen. I also have the dream that it could be actual exile and there is a whole Mad Max style world out there. If that's the case give me exile baby.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Pretty much for the thread's rant. I read the thread have a laugh then play the game to see what's what, get pissed, return to the thread talk some smack, wait for another update, rinse and repeat.

I am also waiting to see what the hell is the "exile" alternative. I suspect that it is an euphemism for incarceration and becoming breeding stock in a pen. I also have the dream that it could be actual exile and there is a whole Mad Max style world out there. If that's the case give me exile baby.
i mean, Dawn(one of MC's classmates) went in exile...it's clear that she is outside society...

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
because i'm a masochist XD naah honestly i love the heated debates...but not so heated to become flames and showers of insults XD and in bigger threads...these heated debates becomes confusing because you don't remember how said what and when or in which page XD
I feel you.

Also, I'm really pleasantly surprised at the level of engagement this dev shows. The way he seems to actually appreciate criticism (that is usable) is something I see here very rarely. So my hopes for this game to become better are quite high.

There is actually another game, that is in the exact same situation as this one. Came out, players got infuriated about the way the family treated MC and bashed it. Ever since then, they put out three updates, each time claiming to have rewirtten the story, but only did patchwork-attempts that didn't resolve the core-issue and only opened up more plotholes.
But those devs never really engaged the community. They do not seem to understand why we are not just happy about their (admittedly) well made renders :D

But speaking of it. I just had a little question for the dev, and I'd like to ask that in general:

...does anyone actually play these games while leaving the relationships at "Landlady" and "Roommate"?

Reactions: clowns234

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
i mean, Dawn(one of MC's classmates) went in exile...it's clear that she is outside society...
Yeah and the way MC's mom tells it, makes me think she may actually know exactly where she is. I mean she says it pretty casually "we'll get her back". My tin foil hat says she isn't roaming freely out there, otherwise mom wouldn't know where to find her (unless they get chipped and tagged like dogs at birth).

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I feel you.

Also, I'm really pleasantly surprised at the level of engagement this dev shows. The way he seems to actually appreciate criticism (that is usable) is something I see here very rarely. So my hopes for this game to become better are quite high.

There is actually another game, that is in the exact same situation as this one. Came out, players got infuriated about the way the family treated MC and bashed it. Ever since then, they put out three updates, each time claiming to have rewirtten the story, but only did patchwork-attempts that didn't resolve the core-issue and only opened up more plotholes.
But those devs never really engaged the community. They do not seem to understand why we are not just happy about their (admittedly) well made renders :D

But speaking of it. I just had a little question for the dev, and I'd like to ask that in general:

...does anyone actually play these games while leaving the relationships at "Landlady" and "Roommate"?
I did once the Landlady Roommate thing...the story feels weird when the characters say "it's wrong, we're roommates" or "it's wrong, we're landlady and tenant!"

so yeah even when incest may not be the best option(bc imagine how messed up a family can be in some games) i still stick to that just in case

Yeah and the way MC's mom tells it, makes me think she may actually know exactly where she is. I mean she says it pretty casually "we'll get her back". My tin foil hat says she isn't roaming freely out there, otherwise mom wouldn't know where to find her (unless they get chipped and tagged like dogs at birth).
True...but still she is outside, i didn't say anything about being "not-monitored"

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Because the game has to improve at some point. I like the general idea, i just hate the implementation.

I think with an autosolve on all the minigames and with the MC growing a backbone (which has to happen eventually, i hope its sooner than later because i dont know how long we can keep putting up with it), it could actually be a decent game

Reactions: clowns234
2.80 star(s) 10 Votes