VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
I'm sticking around because I think it's going to get better.
Serious question - Why are you guys still here?
I like the general idea of the game, but I didn't like the way it was implemented, I´m still here because I see an actual interest in improving the game from the dev, I respect a dev that has enough humility to understand that his work its not perfect and can be improved, instead of the usual response from devs of calling every critic a hater and hiding behind their fanboys , Whatever flaws this game has, the dev at least has earned my consideration and respect for trying to do better to provide the player with a better experience.

There is actually another game, that is in the exact same situation as this one. Came out, players got infuriated about the way the family treated MC and bashed it.
Which games is that?

Reactions: clowns234

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
I really don't see any connection between this game and Sin to Heaven. Sin to Heaven the MC has been off at school and due to school and covid hasn't been able to return home. Secondly the only females the MC has had in person contact with is his Aunt (who didn't like MC before he leave cause she blamed him for something MC's cousin her son did) and the Aunts neighbor. MC's parents and sister are out of town at a beauty pageant the sister is in. This game hasn't been bashed the Dev just updated it June 29th.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I really don't see any connection between this game and Sin to Heaven. Sin to Heaven the MC has been off at school and due to school and covid hasn't been able to return home. Secondly the only females the MC has had in person contact with is his Aunt (who didn't like MC before he leave cause she blamed him for something MC's cousin her son did) and the Aunts neighbor. MC's parents and sister are out of town at a beauty pageant the sister is in. This game hasn't been bashed the Dev just updated it June 29th.
" There is actually another game, that is in the exact same situation as this one. "
What that sentences states is that the discussion surrounding the game is the same, not the game itself. That game also had a rewrite. The original plot and MC's family to that VN was so fucked up that no amount of patchwork rewrite can solve it's problems hence, he brought a shotgun to a fistfight.

[edit]
---------

To put it clear, the point is about both games having a MC with shitty families that seem to not care for the MC. Sin to Heaven just takes things to a level of it's own.

Last edited:

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
" There is actually another game, that is in the exact same situation as this one. "
What that sentences states is that the discussion surrounding the game is the same, not the game itself. That game also had a rewrite. The original plot and MC's family to that VN was so fucked up that no amount of patchwork rewrite can solve it's problems hence, he brought a shotgun to a fistfight.

[edit]
---------

To put it clear, the point is about both games having an MC with shitty families that seem to not care for the MC. Sin to Heaven just takes things to a level of it's own.
I"m not seeing what you are. I just played that game again tonight and only family MC see's in person is his Aunt (so far) . The only one MC has had sex with is the Aunt's neighbor and MC didn't have to kiss her feet or beg to get her. Actually before he was done she was calling him "MASTER"

Now in the beginning " Power Vacuum" the female members of his family were pissed off at MC for leaving them. But his dad was abusive to him due to knowing the males on the Mothers side of the family preferred incest. I know a lot didn't get complained about how the females were treating MC since the Mother and Older sister should have protected MC from the Father.

Another one similar is "A new home" where the Father drove MC away from the Family. Due to the father having an accident where he couldn't have sex anymore and the Mother's family were all into incest. ( Descendants of Lot's Daughters if i remember.). Father was afraid MC would replace him. But the Females in that story weren't very mad at MC once it was explained that the Father had driven him away.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port The City of Promise [Ch.2 P1b] APK -

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I"m not seeing what you are. I just played that game again tonight and only family MC see's in person is his Aunt (so far) . The only one MC has had sex with is the Aunt's neighbor and MC didn't have to kiss her feet or beg to get her. Actually before he was done she was calling him "MASTER"

Now in the beginning " Power Vacuum" the female members of his family were pissed off at MC for leaving them. But his dad was abusive to him due to knowing the males on the Mothers side of the family preferred incest. I know a lot didn't get complained about how the females were treating MC since the Mother and Older sister should have protected MC from the Father.

Another one similar is "A new home" where the Father drove MC away from the Family. Due to the father having an accident where he couldn't have sex anymore and the Mother's family were all into incest. ( Descendants of Lot's Daughters if i remember.). Father was afraid MC would replace him. But the Females in that story weren't very mad at MC once it was explained that the Father had driven him away.
Well you have not read a lot in the thread of that other game, it has plenty of complaints and yeah I also do not know how you can ever turn that family into a loving one after that start, unless you think it is normal that a local pageant is more important than the return of your son after years apart, no parent can stay behind and MC is not allowed to join them for whatever reason while he has all the time in the world with no explanation given nor even a call of your mom the day after to see how you are doing or show some care. Not even talking they can arrange a lot, but not call MC a day before something went wrong, no only when he is already at their home ........ and then he is refused his wish to be able to get a hotel as well. If being with family was important, had stayed at home bitch. :p

You will never get that setup really loving as is or really believable that they care about that MC after their actions, so that dev will have to do a lot of work after to make up for that after game is on update 8 or 9 before they will be in the picture again and the bad feeling has festered for a year for longer for players.

Considering KN aspect of this game, that in itself does not have to be bad, but then the story has to be very good, cause the story is all there is. Choices can be overrated especially for a newer dev and small teams.

Last edited:

verzauberung

May 5, 2017
Heya,

I played the new update.
I will not take into account the inconsistencies of the story, because when you change some part of it, you have created inconsistencies. That's unavoidable.

Sooo... It's still a no for me.

Some lines of dialogues changed in the first part, but you still can't feel the pain and the anger of the MC, nor the guilt from the family. Nothing really changed. The drug is still here, the mom used it in the past to have sex with the teacher and principal and all (NO, I'll never get over this, never) the sister still KO him, and they are still a bunch of sluts.

There are still a dozen reasons for the MC to choose exile.
Drugged, and the mother and sister had sex with others : exile
A second time drugged (it failed, but still) : exile
KO by the sister : exile
The sister who said " sorry " with a smile on her face (fucking shit, dam I hate you so much) : exile
The sister who sneak in the room and almost touching herself and make fun of the MC's resolution : exile
And I can continue for three hours.

And the MC is still the same... oh, god...
I don't know, yell at them, break half of the house, slap them in the face, say you hate them, do whatever you want, but for god's sake : do something I can believe in, please!
Dam, dude, your mother basically lied to you your whole life ! You can't just accept the training like nothing happended just a few hours ago! Rise from your lethargic state and unleash the wrath of Hell!
It's still so unreal to me.

And it's was the same with the aunt and cousin. Their " guilt " is just a joke. Whores.
Damm I hate that family. UURRGGG.

I had some time, so, to calm my anger, I made my own dialogue when the MC choose "What happened last night"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well, that was refreshing.
That is a basic behavior of someone who just lost its faith and world.
Again, if the game stay like this, there is nothing more than the exile for him.
I cut when Sam dared to speak again and the MC punched her in the face, and kicks her in the belly and the head while she's on the ground, bleeding. And I also cut when Susan called him sweetie a little too much and he slapped her slut face.
Let's stay a little civilized...

With that, good night everyone!
Guy close the thread we got a winner.
Im laughing and crying at the same time. This is the greatest comment on earth.

All the wannabe writers and devs on thi site should hire this man to give them storywriting lessons.
10/10

• Haha
Reactions: Arassei

Arassei

May 28, 2019
I did once the Landlady Roommate thing...the story feels weird when the characters say "it's wrong, we're roommates" or "it's wrong, we're landlady and tenant!"
Honestly, everyone who spend more than 10 minutes on this forum or played some adult games already know that landlady and roommate are just for patreon rules.
You still can make game with rapes and torture, but booooooh incest is baaaaaaaaad.
The dialogues are always written for a family point of view, even devs themselves know that it would be stupid to play the game as a real landady-tenant-roommate relashionship.
Just because they never speak about the rent, or just because you never feel a landlady-tenant relashionship. They are always " Oh, honey, sweetie " etc... And the MC is always " Hey landlady " (Hey Mom) instead of " Mrs " or the first name of the landlady.
The Dev of " My new home II " even made a joke about it in his game.

Guy close the thread we got a winner.
Im laughing and crying at the same time. This is the greatest comment on earth.

All the wannabe writers and devs on thi site should hire this man to give them storywriting lessons.
10/10
XD
Thank you.

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
I didn't say the games are similar. I said the games are in similar situations. Because both games got bashed by the community for how the family treated the MC.

In StH the kid was send away for close to a decade, to the point where they didn't really remember his face and he didn't really remember his Home. The sister ignored him, the parents neglected him and the Aunt hated him. And when he came home all of that got even worse. Players were pissed about that.
The interesting part for me was: The longer I thought about the characters from that game, the more I realized that they are simply burned for me. I got to know them that way, and even if the devs try to rewrite the dialogues to add some justification for their actions or to relativise the situation... I will always remember them as those assholes who treated my MC (me) like shit.

That's why I'm actually advocating that TGO doesn't even attempt to justify their actions. But instead to actually leave the drugging and the headinjury it caused in the game. Instead of rewriting the dialogue, add a redemption ark to the first chapter (BEFORE the training starts) to give the players some form of justice and create the emotional bonds the dev would like these characters to have.
That way, with the emotional bond already in place, it won't look so much like they are simply using him anymore. My proposal was that they see his head the next day, realize what they've done, how badly they treated him for at least that year since Samantha's Ceremony, and then take up the task of making it up to him. To consider his wellbeing and feelings, before grooming him to become whatever it is the dev has planned for him.

Last edited:

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Well you have not read a lot in the thread of that other game, it has plenty of complaints and yeah I also do not know how you can ever turn that family into a loving one after that start, unless you think it is normal that a local pageant is more important than the return of your son after years apart, no parent can stay behind and MC is not allowed to join them for whatever reason while he has all the time in the world with no explanation given nor even a call of your mom the day after to see how you are doing or show some care. Not even talking they can arrange a lot, but not call MC a day before something went wrong, no only when he is already at their home ........ and then he is refused his wish to be able to get a hotel as well. If being with family was important, had stayed at home bitch. :p

You will never get that setup really loving as is or really believable that they care about that MC after their actions, so that dev will have to do a lot of work after to make up for that after game is on update 8 or 9 before they will be in the picture again and the bad feeling has festered for a year for longer for players.

Considering KN aspect of this game, that in itself does not have to be bad, but then the story has to be very good, cause the story is all there is. Choices can be overrated especially for a newer dev and small teams.
I don't know I can understand someone messing or forgetting the date of arrival more then I can someone "OH we druggged you so we could have an orgy". Especially since they could have just went to a bedroom and locked the door instead of having their orgy in the livingroom!!!

• Haha
Reactions: v1900

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I don't know I can understand someone messing or forgetting the date of arrival more then I can someone "OH we druggged you so we could have an orgy". Especially since they could have just went to a bedroom and locked the door instead of having their orgy in the livingroom!!!
Both are bad, especially if someone has been gone for years it becomes way less likely though you would not make extra sure and do not plan some special things. He was not gone for a few weeks, his homecoming should be something to celebrate if he mattered to them one iota, well do you get that feeling from the game or any of the chars? It feels more like a burden. Then the fact Aunt had time to install double bunk bed day before, fact MC cannot come over for pageant (which takes a week, a local smallish pageant? come on it is not the Miss World finals) and so on and is forced to do as told while adult makes you think other things are going on that have to be kept secret and can not be positive things. :p

Besides just a call by mom next day everything is well ,would be the least you can expect if she cared but no it feels like she already forgot you ever existed and were back and away from your regular life and friends. The setup of the game gives you only one idea about that family, that he at best come fourth place in importance if that high. No real love shown by that family even if game tells you that mom is altruistic and very loving, what we get is opposite shown in actions and more an annoying bitch, which is also the problem with this one, in much the same way.

I can overcome fact it is a matriarchy, that MC is not trained to question too much and used to listen, even the orgy and drugs part I can handle within reason as weird things about their culture even if it could have been handled smarter by those women when comes to MC with more care for him though in a way it fits their selfishness and MC just does not really matter to them that they do not just do it at neighbors. If at least those women showed some real care and love for Mc instead of only using him and for their own purposes with no regards for him or his feelings. He more feels like a thing to them as a beloved son, brother, nephew that they want to have a relation with that is also sexual, even a beloved pet gets more real love. Just it seems dev did not want to go for that unloving family feeling you now get from the game and that makes it bit harder to deal with those worse sides of them shown and makes him feel like a slave which he more or less is as shown until now in game instead of someone with importance to them that they have feelings for beyond just possessive.

Last edited:

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Yeah both are messed up and I do agree that drugging someone is the shittiest. The reasons why this VN's family is the lesser offender in my opinion are:
  1. In this VN the single offence is the drugging behind our back, the other VN just keeps piling up offences to your face.
  2. In this VN the family is present and the rewrite used those characters to show something, the other VN has to make do with MC internal monologue and that makes him appear in denial instead of fixing the family.
  3. The dystopian setting of this VN helps cover up the discrepancies of what we would consider normal behavior (it normalizes things like them being horny sluts that maintain metabolic function by eating cum through their vaginas :eek:).
I wouldn't say this VN is in a state I like but it's limping there. That other VN is just dragging its dead legs in circles.

Reactions: DA22

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
If you judge this by today's morals, it is bad. But if this is the world you live in - then it's just business as usual. A lot of people seem to have a hard time wrapping their heads around that. This is a messed up society that needs changed. I think that is the basis of a good story. If you are looking for something where you play the hero day one, then this probably isn't the story for you.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019

They could have had the Orgy anywhere but the school. Cuz that's the only other place MC can go.

All those places MC can't go.......they fucking in the living room

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
If you judge this by today's morals, it is bad. But if this is the world you live in - then it's just business as usual. A lot of people seem to have a hard time wrapping their heads around that. This is a messed up society that needs changed. I think that is the basis of a good story. If you are looking for something where you play the hero day one, then this probably isn't the story for you.
Well, of course I'm judging it by todays morals. I AM the one playing MC, experiencing this as MY story. So I will judge it using MY views.

So I'm not sure I get your point... am I supposed to accept their morals? Then there is no need for me to play a Hero who will bringe change. Am I supposed to play the hero who brings change? Then I already wrapped my head around how that society NEEDS change because it's messed up.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Well, of course I'm judging it by todays morals. I AM the one playing MC, experiencing this as MY story. So I will judge it using MY views.

So I'm not sure I get your point... am I supposed to accept their morals? Then there is no need for me to play a Hero who will bringe change. Am I supposed to play the hero who brings change? Then I already wrapped my head around how that society NEEDS change because it's messed up.
You don't need to accept their morals - just understand why theirs might be different.
Put yourself in someone else's shoes.

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes