VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Two things:
1. Not a fan of theories that are completely made up and have no basis, whatsoever, on what we learned from the actual story.
Unless I missed something here, we know NOTHING about MC's father, other than that he is not in the house now.
Unless I missed something here, we know NOTHING about Sam's Ex, other than that one day, he just vanished without any explanation.

2. Even if you are right. Treating a family member like shit to make him strong does not really make me think higher of you...
It appears based on dialogue with Alison that some men including Samantha's ex got:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kelsmen

Jan 5, 2019
I gave it another chance and played this new version. Have to say that the impression I got is that the mom is the one with the plan, the MC is just a dog chasing cars (in his case chasing pussy).

I highly suspect that Susan (mom) is the informant and she is trying to save her son (MC) from the same fate that Samantha's boyfriend had. Somehow building a harem for his son is integral for her plan based on slip of the tongue moments she has had.
After seeing you post that I went straight to YouTube and had to watch the hospital scene from the dark knight and geez it could very well apply to this game

“mom has plans, aunt has plans, the arbiter has plans. Their schemers, schemers trying to control their little worlds. I’m not a schemer. I’m just going to show the schemers how pathetic they really are.”

obliviously not the exact quote from the movie but changed it up for this game.

• Haha
Reactions: v1900

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
Ok, so I finally had some time to play this update.

There are some new dialogues on the previous scenes like the infamous orgy night, and some corrections later on, now what do I think about this? Honestly.......... I just want the story to move forward, all the secrecy, it's getting annoying, I get that something needs to be kept secret for now, but the constant secrets on top of the way the MC its being groomed makes it hard to stay interested.

And that brings us to the problem that existed since the beginning of the game, the MC its more or less treated as a living dildo, from the start, it's clear that all the women in his family are horny and have been waiting until he was of age to start fucking, but so far all I see its lust, they love to have sex with him, but do they LOVE him? , So far the MC its used to "Make Happy" everyone in his family, but when are THEY going to make him happy? , so far it seems like they are satisfying their sexual needs, knowing he won't resist because he's young and horny.

The more the story progress, the more I get the feeling that he's just a pawn in a game, his family wants him to act in a certain way that so far only benefits them, yes, he's got all the sex he wants but at the expense of basically having all his actions dictated by someone else.

I like the mystery of the story, but at some point some answers need to be given, no more of that "I can't tell you, but you totally need to trust me" attitude that everyone has, and the MC needs to start thinking for himself, if things stay the same he will be more or less be the living dildo of his family and nothing more that a pawn to everyone else.

I apologise if my comment sounds harsh, I don't intend to give more negativity to the dev since he obviously pays attention to the comments and its honestly trying to improve the game, I don't hate the story I´m just frustrated that the MC doesn't have any agency and doesn't have much independent thought.

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
I like the mystery of the story, but at some point some answers need to be given, no more of that "I can't tell you, but you totally need to trust me" attitude that everyone has, and the MC needs to start thinking for himself, if things stay the same he will be more or less be the living dildo of his family and nothing more that a pawn to everyone else.
Yeah! We are men. We don't get many displays of affection in real life. At least let the MCs we play be loved and cared about!
That's why games like MnF and WVM are such massive successes, even though their story is as flat as one could imagine.

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Two things:
1. Not a fan of theories that are completely made up and have no basis, whatsoever, on what we learned from the actual story.
Unless I missed something here, we know NOTHING about MC's father, other than that he is not in the house now.
Unless I missed something here, we know NOTHING about Sam's Ex, other than that one day, he just vanished without any explanation.

2. Even if you are right. Treating a family member like shit to make him strong does not really make me think higher of you...
you do realize this is just a game right??????

it seems they are trying to train him to be their slave....I guess that's ok with you???

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
To think that in one day, the MC will step up and become this alpha male may be what you would do (or at least you think) but it seems likely a teenager with little life experience would need a little more time. As far as we know, he was raised in a morality similar to what we have now. His mother sheltered both her kids from the crazy outside world as much as she could. He had no knowledge of the drugs (the sleeping drug and the inhibitors) or the orgies going on around him.

A teenage virgin finds out he's gonna be having lots of sex. I think that would go a long way to forgive those around him for their stupidity. We also find out in the upgrade that after the initial nonsense (I hate the minigames) he's been spending most of his time fucking. To fuck whenever you want? Isn't that the definition of being an alpha male.

I understand the sister drugging him. She panicked when she saw that he was awake. I don't understand a loving mother who knew they messed up but went along with the orgy anyway. Unless they all have a genetically turned up sex drive.

Just my opinion... :)

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Yeah! We are men. We don't get many displays of affection in real life. At least let the MCs we play be loved and cared about!
That's why games like MnF and WVM are such massive successes, even though their story is as flat as one could imagine.
Shit man that is sad but true. Right in the feels.

• Sad
Reactions: Norman Knight

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Sarkasmus said:

Shit man that is sad but true. Right in the feels.

No to NTR
Sorry but stirring cock gravy in a cum dumpster is not a kink of mine.

Referring to any woman as a cum dumpster may be part of that problem. ‍
Just saying. :)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Sarkasmus said:

Or it works the other way around and they refer to women that way since that is the only way they got some love from them.:p Remember male/female relations are a twoway street and if men behave badly that have been raised for 90% of time by females and had mainly female teachers, then who is at fault about teaching the morals in the first place and did the actions always confirm to the uttered words? :)

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Or it works the other way around and they refer to women that way since that is the only way they got some love from them.:p Remember male/female relations are a twoway street and if men behave badly that have been raised for 90% of time by females and had mainly female teachers, then who is at fault about teaching the morals in the first place and did the actions always confirm to the uttered words? :)
Growing up, my mom never once referred to herself or my sisters as cum dumpsters. I learned that term outside of my home. But I get your point. :)

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Growing up, my mom never once referred to herself or my sisters as cum dumpsters. I learned that term outside of my home. But I get your point. :)
Yeah I think the male bashing is always a bit too easy, even if we can often behave quite badly. :p We are only one part of that equation though and also influenced in our behavior by what works and in that the other part of the species has a role as well. :p There are not for nothing plenty of sayings like nice guys finish last.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Yeah I think the male bashing is always a bit too easy, even if we can often behave quite badly. :p We are only one part of that equation though and also influenced in our behavior by what works and in that the other part of the species has a role as well. :p There are not for nothing plenty of sayings like nice guys finish last.
I worked with a woman who could make sailors blush with her choice of words and imagery. And she was a mother of three. So there's that.

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
Can you please not include me into your imaginary hategroup? Never referred to a woman like that, never met ANYONE who was into that shit, so chances are I never will refer to one that way either.

This topic comes up quite often when guys get together (at least in my circle of acquaintances), and turns out, the vast majority of us had the very same experience:
When we got hurt, we were told to "man up". When we were sick, we got to hear that joke again about how men always act like they're dying, even though it's just a common cold. Or a situation every man seems to know:
I get home, sit on the couch. My girl sits next to me and plunges her feet into my lap. Why? Because she was standing the whole day, her feet hurt, and she wants me to rub them. And I do it without having to be asked, because that's how my Mom raised me and I want her to be comfortable.

But now let's be honest here for a second...
Guys. When was the last time you got home, sat down, your girl came up behind you and just started rubbing your shoulders? Maybe hug you from behind, give you one of those sweet little kisses on the neck? Without having to ask for it?
...and if that EVER happened to you, how long did she wait, before asking you that favour you immediately knew she needed from you? Because women are kind of assholes that way. They don't do that shit. Men very rarely get to be little spoon (sounds stupid, but you get what I mean). We get to have the numb arm she uses as a pillow. A buddy of mine once told me the story of how his girlfriend broke up with him, after she saw him cry because he had to take his cat to the vet to be put down.

So it's really no surprise men passionately dislike stories in which the MC is treated the way this MC is in this game.
I honestly believe way less people would have a problem with the whole drugging thing, if the dev just wrote in some HONEST and VISIBLE remorse on those women's part.
We get that partially from Susan, when she goes into MC's room after the kitchen-table discussion, but it's way too short and only used to gather some cheap sympathy-points before she asks us to make Samantha happy! The one who DROPPED US ON THE STAIRS! And everyone else is just like "...meh. Get over it you wimp. You just don't appreciate ME enough".

Instead of making us choose between Susan and Samantha for the first lesson... maybe give us the option for immediate exile, causing them to think about their behavior, realize how it affected MC and then FINALLY try to redeem themselves, so he won't leave.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Can you please not include me into your imaginary hategroup? Never referred to a woman like that, never met ANYONE who was into that shit, so chances are I never will refer to one that way either.

This topic comes up quite often when guys get together (at least in my circle of acquaintances), and turns out, the vast majority of us had the very same experience:
When we got hurt, we were told to "man up". When we were sick, we got to hear that joke again about how men always act like they're dying, even though it's just a common cold. Or a situation every man seems to know:
I get home, sit on the couch. My girl sits next to me and plunges her feet into my lap. Why? Because she was standing the whole day, her feet hurt, and she wants me to rub them. And I do it without having to be asked, because that's how my Mom raised me and I want her to be comfortable.

Guys. When was the last time you got home, sat down, your girl came up behind you and just started rubbing your shoulders? Maybe hug you from behind, give you one of those sweet little kisses on the neck? Without having to ask for it?
...and if that EVER happened to you, how long did she wait, before asking you that favour you immediately knew she needed from you? Because women are kind of assholes that way. They don't do that shit. Men very rarely get to be little spoon (sounds stupid, but you get what I mean). We get to have the numb arm she uses as a pillow. A buddy of mine once told me the story of how his girlfriend broke up with him, after she saw him cry because he had to take his cat to the vet to be put down.

So it's really no surprise men passionately dislike stories in which the MC is treated the way this MC is in this game.
I honestly believe way less people would have a problem with the whole drugging thing, if the dev just wrote in some HONEST and VISIBLE remorse on those women's part.
We get that partially from Susan, when she goes into MC's room after the kitchen-table discussion, but it's way too short and only used to gather some cheap sympathy-points before she asks us to make Samantha happy! The one who DROPPED US ON THE STAIRS! And everyone else is just like "...meh. Get over it you wimp. You just don't appreciate ME enough".

Instead of making us choose between Susan and Samantha for the first lesson... maybe give us the option for immediate exile, causing them to think about their behavior, realize how it affected MC and then FINALLY try to redeem themselves, so he won't leave.
Yeah the main problem is indeed there is very little there that shows us those women want MC to be happy and willing to do anything for him or really care for him, it is all about them and what Mc can do for Them, nothing about him or his emotions just sex should be enough to make him happy but he can get that from any women if wants that. Selfish for sure and if a male acted same way he would be considered an asshole for sure. :)

I was more reacting to the reaction of clown though as your earlier post or trying to include you in it, that was more about there are two ways too look at that situation and a bit easy to fully blame either men or women for some things, since it is interaction of both that make things happen and keep certain status quo's in society. Same as your friend in my eyes escaped a pretty bad situation if his GF left him for that reason. She is not worthy of a good man or guy in the first place and needs to grow up first and learn some empathy. He dodged a bullet I would say with her leaving him, instead of staying and ruining his life with her expectations.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017

this post, this post is good and i'll risk the removal but i need to post a picture that emphasize my approval of this post: You said everything perfectly that i feel like i've nothing else to say <3

Estremamente Commosso 1.gif

TGO Entertainment this is a good post, this is the kind of posts i want to see more ^_^ it's the kind of post that helps writing romances

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021

We were just joking around. Or at least I was. My intention here wasn't to offend anyone. If I did, I apologize.
Maybe my problem here is that I haven't ever been in a bad relationship. At least not one to justify those types of discussions. BTW, I get shoulder and back rubs all the time.
As I see it, these are the Devs' fantasies and I'm just along for the ride. I don't get offended because there is futa or gay sex or even loli in a game someone else made. If I don't like something, I fast-forward through it.
Something that I have learned in the last few weeks is that some people here take these games very seriously.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Hahahaha nope I got my signature off one rant me and some users were having about a love interest in a VN, this character was an actual whore so don't twist your panties. Being serious one of the advantages of the internet is that you can joke about shit you would not openly do in real life. For example I have a half-sister and I have never called my mom a whore or cum dumpster, I will never do that for two reasons:
  1. She is my mom and that's reason enough.
  2. My half-sister doesn't know (shit I am certain non of my siblings do) that she is not my father's daughter and I won't make her suspicious (my father knows though, he is still married to my mom).
All is not rainbow farts and niceness in life and some times you get to see the fucked up side of life and your only place to joke about it is in places like this. My father got wind of my mom's fuckup because of me and you can imagine what treatment I got from her because of that. I got no treatment/interaction at all after I started high-school and at 17 when I had an accident and had to be taken to the hospital my mom decided that wasn't her duty and I was left unconscious with intracranial hemorrhage until a maid informed my brother a day later (it really is more fucked up than that but I am giving the abridged version). The health consequences of this have made too apparent what Sarkasmus said in this post:

After my accident I needed physiotherapy and was left with a good chunk of my memories gone, transient global amnesia, chronic pain, visual hallucinations and have being using a cane to walk ever since. As Sarkasmus said some women aren't willing to take the other roll. During my rehabilitation I had to travel out of state and at my return I found my girlfriend pregnant by some other man and she told me that it was because she was stressed because of my condition :ROFLMAO:. That is the only time I have called a real woman (not a fictitious character) a whore.

Ever since it has always been the same I get a girlfriend she is happy I have the looks, I am mellow, the big house, the bank account, then they get a taste of some episodes of the transient global amnesia and me waking in the middle of the night screaming in pain or staring into the void and suddenly it is too much and the popular response is that they want to be pampered not look out for me.

The last girlfriend I had was pretty cool about my shit until my neurologist diagnosed me with mild cognitive impairment (a possible precursor of dementia) at 32 years old and we both agreed to just be friends. My doctor told me to not make any harsh decision because based on my case it may not progress, to that I said fuck it, liquidated most of my assets and became a bon viveur recluse, at 35 here I am lurking n95 waiting to see if I resume my life or blow my brains. All of this shit because of how some women behave.

So excuse me if I call some pixels a cum dumpster. :poop:

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes