VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
Any news guys?, i can't support anyone on patreon because i dont have a credit card, if not for that i would support this dev, i respect his willingness to improve his game.
He posted on Patreon that he got a long List of typos and Bugfixes, that takes longer to work through than he thought.
But that was Monday, and he doesn't seem to have been on here since then. He also doesn't seem to have a discord yet. So we will just have to wait.

BTW: I also don't have a credit card, I use patreon with PayPal.

Kelsmen

Jan 5, 2019
I got a question for everyone. What would you all think of a live service after the story finishes? Like side stories every few months, maybe a new character or two, free roam and the ability to constantly impregnate the women.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
I got a question for everyone. What would you all think of a live service after the story finishes? Like side stories every few months, maybe a new character or two, free roam and the ability to constantly impregnate the women.
After the main story is over?

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
I personally don't see a problem with that, it could be a sort of expanded universe, adding more characters to explore other aspects of the game world after the main story is over, as long as the dev understands that keeping the game alive by adding a few renders a month is not a good practice, that's what milkers do.

Kelsmen

Jan 5, 2019
I personally don't see a problem with that, it could be a sort of expanded universe, adding more characters to explore other aspects of the game world after the main story is over, as long as the dev understands that keeping the game alive by adding a few renders a month is not a good practice, that's what milkers do.
The side stories would be every other to every two months and there would not be many new characters maybe 5 at most but also some side stories could retell past events that were not in the main story that did not have to necessarily be in the main story for it to progess.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
This game truly have a very rough start with lot of negative reviews, still hope Dev won't get discourage and slowly improve his project each update. Can't wait for the next update to see how the story will continue

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I despise free roam so yeah, i dont think its a good idea.

I think after the story ends, Visual Novels should die. Novels are about the story, they are nothing without that story, which is why sandbox and free roam make so little sense on these games

Anyway, we dont even have the start of the game fleshed out, i dont think any time should be used to think about what to do after the game is completed

Kelsmen

Jan 5, 2019
I despise free roam so yeah, i dont think its a good idea.

I think after the story ends, Visual Novels should die. Novels are about the story, they are nothing without that story, which is why sandbox and free roam make so little sense on these games

Anyway, we dont even have the start of the game fleshed out, i dont think any time should be used to think about what to do after the game is completed
now I am too am not a fan of free roam in games like these. Because they take away from the story but if done right it can be good just look at summertime saga. Now why should a game just die after the story finishes? Just because a game finishes don’t just write it off. I mean hell the main story of summertime saga is done but there is still more content coming out for that game.

Last edited:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
now I am too am not a fan of free roam in games like these. Because they take away from the story but if done right it can be good just look at summertime saga. Now why should a game just die after the story finishes? Just because a game finishes don’t just write it off. I mean hell the main story of summertime saga is done but there is still more content coming out for that game.
Summertime Saga got the success, and then implemented that, and it comes from a time where sandbox/free roam didnt have the negative impact that has today.

Anyway, i dont think we will be able to convince each other, but i do think that thinking on what to do after the game when we couldnt get a good start after several rewrites is a waste of resources

Kelsmen

Jan 5, 2019
Summertime Saga got the success, and then implemented that, and it comes from a time where sandbox/free roam didnt have the negative impact that has today.

Anyway, i dont think we will be able to convince each other, but i do think that thinking on what to do after the game when we couldnt get a good start after several rewrites is a waste of resources
as for the waste of resources. I am notpart of the game creation. Just a fan. I asked the creator about this idea because of the whole pregnancy aspect that will be implemented. And suggested a style kind of like summertime saga with the ability to continuously get the women pregnant after the main story.

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
A game should be made as free roam from the start. So when the story is over, the game should be over and the dev can think of a new one with a different premise and different characters. That's just my opinion. So many devs have tried to switch to free roam and failed. Why? Because it's very hard to do. I don't mean from a technical point of view but from creating an interesting game. So when you finish a game in good terms and then start a new one later people will have fond memories of the old game and try your new game.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
I decided to give the remake a shot, and I'm running into a ton of bugs. One in particular seems to be game-breaking, and I'm stuck at the table with no way to advance.

Last edited:

S0me0nexD

Aug 4, 2020
I decided to give the remake a shot, and I'm running into a ton of bugs. One in particular seems to be game-breaking, and I'm stuck at the table with no way to advance.
Probably this

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 51806, in <module>
NameError: name 'llcprt' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 51806, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 51806, in <module>
NameError: name 'llcprt' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
The City of Promise RedemptionLoveCorruption

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes