VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I was one of the ones that grinded the game hard, and I gotta say this version is already better. The three options make sense, although I only tried the exile route and corruption ones so far, but it's built up way better than the previous versions. I also like the fact that we can still reject some girls, or even all of them given we play our cards right but still progress with the basic story, that is what optionality means (not from the get-go but after one event we can do it). Full blown corruption can seem a bit extreme but it's actually fits the theme. Haven't tried the non-corruption but staying route, even though I usually start with the non-asshole routes, and maybe that won't as great but overall so far I like this version waaaay better than the previous ones in every regard.
Yea, the Dev was definitely paying attention to the comments. I still have a ways to go but I am enjoying the changes so far.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

ZeroBlacks

Feb 7, 2018
How bizarre, as soon as you come back from the neighbors house after you choose any of the girls the game goes wrong and if you ignore it you get a bad end

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
never played this game before but this was a weird yet interesting game. one of the few games that made me wanna go the reject route on an incest theme game. but seeing as how that turns out the corruption way seems a good second.

i gotta ask unlike the sister where you can tell her not to strip/dance for anyone i noticed there was no similar choice for the mom.

i kinda skimmed a bit here and there but i saw the mom said she was "gonna get back out there" does this mean shes gonna look for more lovers or can we prevent that?

Reactions: EZ8lt

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Still playing this update but so far the story and how it have been written are much much better than before, I think you can move forward and develop the story continuation with new event and no need for another remake TGO Entertainment

Reactions: TGO Entertainment

eball360

Oct 5, 2018
bug fund
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 51607, in <module>
NameError: name 'llcas_pick' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 51599, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 51607, in <module>
NameError: name 'llcas_pick' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
The City of Promise RedemptionLoveCorruption
Thu Sep 2 06:08:45 2021
```

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
i gotta ask unlike the sister where you can tell her not to strip/dance for anyone i noticed there was no similar choice for the mom.
Samantha is into erotic dancing and if you corrupt her you can exert some control and decide who she dances for going forward (MC or the MC and other women). This will come back as a plot point later.

Susan doesn't really have an equivalent to erotic dancing.

i kinda skimmed a bit here and there but i saw the mom said she was "gonna get back out there" does this mean shes gonna look for more lovers or can we prevent that?
More in the sense that she's going to be social again. She's not going to be 100% focused on raising the MC and Samantha. So long as the player doesn't reject and later forgives her, she is totally dedicated to the MC.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Samantha is into erotic dancing and if you corrupt her you can exert some control and decide who she dances for going forward (MC or the MC and other women). This will come back as a plot point later.

Susan doesn't really have an equivalent to erotic dancing.

More in the sense that she's going to be social again. She's not going to be 100% focused on raising the MC and Samantha. So long as the player doesn't reject and later forgives her, she is totally dedicated to the MC.
I hope we get the choice to see Mom return to her wild days.
And did I miss something on this latest release? Did you take out scenes with 'neighbor / aunt' and 'friend / cousin'?

Rassiter

Jun 9, 2017
There is no "ntr" tag on main page, but I still want to ensure: does this game has any forced/unavoidable NTR, or MC is in charge? Thanks

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
There is no "ntr" tag on main page, but I still want to ensure: does this game has any forced/unavoidable NTR, or MC is in charge? Thanks
The safe bet would be not to play it. Just saying.
But no, so far, the Dev has went above and beyond to cater to the non-NTR crowd. (Too much maybe? Just my opinion).

Rassiter

Jun 9, 2017
The safe bet would be not to play it. Just saying.
But no, so far, the Dev has went above and beyond to cater to the non-NTR crowd. (Too much maybe? Just my opinion).
Thanks for the fast reply! Yea, actually, the safest bet would be not to play most of the games on this site at all:) I just looking for romance-oriented game with well-painted milfs, rather than filled with the mindless sex-scenes. And comment's above make me think that MC,s mom is a hooker or something

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
There is no "NTR", there are some flashbacks where you see your sister nude in the lap of someone, but you dont even see the face or anything of that someone

About the MC being in charge, the MC has kind of a Beta personality, so he is not really in charge, but that may change with the story

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
There is no "NTR", there are some flashbacks where you see your sister nude in the lap of someone, but you dont even see the face or anything of that someone

About the MC being in charge, the MC has kind of a Beta personality, so he is not really in charge, but that may change with the story
There is a corruption route where MC begins to dominate the mom and sister.
I personally didn't care for the spanking scene.

Rassiter

Jun 9, 2017

Thanks, I think I'll give it a try, despite that fact, that there are some ntr-suggestions as I can understand, even if the scene itself wasn't shown, letting the player to think out, what happened there. I am really ok with avoidable NTR, but when "avoidable" means, that you can choose to avoide the fact of NTR happened, not just like "it's happened, but you didn't saw that". I hope, author won't make such kind of thing.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Thanks, I think I'll give it a try, despite that fact, that there are some ntr-suggestions as I can understand, even if the scene itself wasn't shown, letting the player to think out, what happened there. I am really ok with avoidable NTR, but when "avoidable" means, that you can choose to avoide the fact of NTR happened, not just like "it's happened, but you didn't saw that". I hope, author won't make such kind of thing.
Yeah, i hate NTR, and the scene could have not existed and didnt change much of the story honestly, but it isnt that much of a deal, its just a flashback of an old relationship where nothing is shown, so dont stop playing the game because of that

Rassiter

Jun 9, 2017
Yeah, i hate NTR, and the scene could have not existed and didnt change much of the story honestly, but it isnt that much of a deal, its just a flashback of an old relationship where nothing is shown, so dont stop playing the game because of that
Thank you mate, glad to hear)
Last time its hard for me to find some good vn-game with really nice romance story and characters and WITHOUT NTR.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Thank you mate, glad to hear)
Last time its hard for me to find some good vn-game with really nice romance story and characters and WITHOUT NTR.
For me, it depends on the story. An MC walking in on their significant other cheating can be quite gut wrenching but it can also set the stage for a good story arc.
If a Dev wants to cuck the MC simply because he can, then I would also pass. But I wouldn't chastise the Dev for making it and I have seen a few here do just that. FYI - I think most people who dislike NTR aren't dicks about it. Most.

Reactions: Rassiter

Rassiter

Jun 9, 2017
For me, it depends on the story. An MC walking in on their significant other cheating can be quite gut wrenching but it can also set the stage for a good story arc.
If a Dev wants to cuck the MC simply because he can, then I would also pass. But I wouldn't chastise the Dev for making it and I have seen a few here do just that. FYI - I think most people who dislike NTR aren't dicks about it. Most.
Yea, I am agreed with you, that its author's vision, and we cant chastise him, if its starts to go in separate ways with ours, but its always hard to watch when character you liked was thrown on the dicks without chance to avoide it. That's why I'm trying to play completed games mostly, so I won't get unpleasantly surprised in the middle of walkthrough.

Reactions: v1900 and clowns234
2.80 star(s) 10 Votes