VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 4,15 GB / 234 MB - TheCityofPromise-Remake_Bugfix-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: x,xx GB / 200 MB - TheCityofPromise-Remake_Bugfix-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
The problem that this new update had been that the dev did not change all the scenes and that is why we still see and hear how both the mother and the sister are going to have sex without the participation of the MC in both routes (romantic and corruption)

To be completely honest with you, I don't think the developer is going to put more scenes of the family fucking each other without the participation of the MC, since there were and there are several criticisms in that regard.
Judging by the bugfix, it seems like you were right and the dev either forgot to change that part too or just missed it.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
The problem that this new update had been that the dev did not change all the scenes and that is why we still see and hear how both the mother and the sister are going to have sex without the participation of the MC in both routes (romantic and corruption)

To be completely honest with you, I don't think the developer is going to put more scenes of the family fucking each other without the participation of the MC, since there were and there are several criticisms in that regard.
" I don't think the developer is going to put more scenes of the family fucking each other without the participation of the MC, since there were and there are several criticisms in that regard." Then the Dev over reacted. Cause them having sex with each other wasn't the problem. The problem was that they had drugged MC in order to do that. Then when the MC found out he was like " OK NO PROBLEM"!!! MC was mad but just forgave them. That was the part everyone was having a problem swallowing.

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
Judging by the bugfix, it seems like you were right and the dev either forgot to change that part too or just missed it.
I wanted to stop by and clarify why some images and dialog were removed as part of the bug fix. The images and dialog in question occurred during the end of the third set of hangouts. This is when the landlady and the roommate are lying in bed with the MC. They discussed starting to sleep with each other and the other two main characters again.

I'm actually moving this to an appropriate time in the story when the MC can sit down and discuss these relationships with the four women. At that time the player will be given the option of how the MC dictates their future relationships with each other. Do they get to continue these preexisting relationships? Are they only allowed to continue if the MC is involved (threesome/orgies)? That will be up to you as the player.

Again this is only in regards to the existing four women and their relationships with each other and the MC. There will be no new relationship for the landlady, roommate, neighbor, or tenant.

Acheron32

Aug 12, 2019
" I don't think the developer is going to put more scenes of the family fucking each other without the participation of the MC, since there were and there are several criticisms in that regard." Then the Dev over reacted. Cause them having sex with each other wasn't the problem. The problem was that they had drugged MC in order to do that. Then when the MC found out he was like " OK NO PROBLEM"!!! MC was mad but just forgave them. That was the part everyone was having a problem swallowing.
If the MC doesn't forgive them for fuckin drugging him you automatically the get exiled route, seriously the story sucks.

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
If the MC doesn't forgive them for fuckin drugging him you automatically the get exiled route, seriously the story sucks.
To be fair: No, you don't.

You get the choice between staying and trying to learn what the hell is going on, or going into exile immediately. THAT'S the Choice you are talking about. But if you choose to stay and try to figure out how this society works and why they thought the drugging was OK, you still have to decide whether or not you want to forgive them. You will be asked wether you want to on multiple occations. And that is even after you got to choose whether you want to try and build a romantic relationship or get back at them by corruption.

You get A LOT of choices in this game.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
To be fair: No, you don't.

You get the choice between staying and trying to learn what the hell is going on, or going into exile immediately. THAT'S the Choice you are talking about. But if you choose to stay and try to figure out how this society works and why they thought the drugging was OK, you still have to decide whether or not you want to forgive them. You will be asked wether you want to on multiple occations. And that is even after you got to choose whether you want to try and build a romantic relationship or get back at them by corruption.

You get A LOT of choices in this game.
This is completely accurate.

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020
Started a new game, yet the fuck again... but...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 51788, in <module>
NameError: name 'neighscr' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 51788, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 51788, in <module>
NameError: name 'neighscr' is not defined

Game crashed and could not go back to where I was, but it is way behind where I used to be! Why the fuck after so long aren't we going through the ceremony yet??? Love the premise, the story & the characters but the game needs to advance! Still missing images but I don't care, giving me an update that stops at the same place isn't an update at all, let ch.1 go and advance the story...

Last edited:

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
OK, I’m done with this game because instead of improving the game the Dev made it even worse with the chapter 1 remake.

With adding the new corruption/dom route the writing became inconsistent as fuck, in one moment it feels as you play the romance route, and then the MC behaves like a super dickhead. Another case of inconsistent writing is, in the corruption route the MC forbids Sam to pleasure herself and in the next scene she appears in the MC goes to her room and sees her riding a dildo.

What is the point of giving the player the ability to set the relations to Susan (mom), Samantha (sister), Allison (cousin), and Nancy (aunt)? if the story later tells us that the MC’s dad died when he was young and his mom was already dead before that. That’s the incest out of the game.

The “LIs” are still portrayed as sluts that fuck everything that walks and they still talk about their previous partners, in the case of Sam, it was even expanded with her still being in love with the previous dude and even having nightmares because he left her/got kidnapped.

The MC is supposed to get a harem of 12 girls and it seems not a single one of them will be a virgin because the coming of age ceremony seems to be nothing else than having sex with the arbiter.

Choosing exile just results in a dead-end so what’s the point of the choice?

Personal preference, from the four “currently” available LI 2 are not attractive to me (Susan and Nancy, their tits are too big and I also don’t like Nancys face).

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
OK, I’m done with this game because instead of improving the game the Dev made it even worse with the chapter 1 remake.

With adding the new corruption/dom route the writing became inconsistent as fuck, in one moment it feels as you play the romance route, and then the MC behaves like a super dickhead. Another case of inconsistent writing is, in the corruption route the MC forbids Sam to pleasure herself and in the next scene she appears in the MC goes to her room and sees her riding a dildo.

What is the point of giving the player the ability to set the relations to Susan (mom), Samantha (sister), Allison (cousin), and Nancy (aunt)? if the story later tells us that the MC’s dad died when he was young and his mom was already dead before that. That’s the incest out of the game.

The “LIs” are still portrayed as sluts that fuck everything that walks and they still talk about their previous partners, in the case of Sam, it was even expanded with her still being in love with the previous dude and even having nightmares because he left her/got kidnapped.

The MC is supposed to get a harem of 12 girls and it seems not a single one of them will be a virgin because the coming of age ceremony seems to be nothing else than having sex with the arbiter.

Choosing exile just results in a dead-end so what’s the point of the choice?

Personal preference, from the four “currently” available LI 2 are not attractive to me (Susan and Nancy, their tits are too big and I also don’t like Nancys face).
Wow, seriously? I didn't really try the corruption-path, since ...well... there wasn't any corruption. I understood it to be an option for those who can not forgive them and just want to get back at them. But MC just told them they're pets now, they were happy to oblige and I was instantly bored. This way, this is just MC being a douchebag to masochists instead of teaching them a lesson.

But are those inconsistencies really STILL in the game? I think the dev really needs to make a storyboard before going any further...

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Wow, seriously? I didn't really try the corruption-path, since ...well... there wasn't any corruption. I understood it to be an option for those who can not forgive them and just want to get back at them. But MC just told them they're pets now, they were happy to oblige and I was instantly bored. This way, this is just MC being a douchebag to masochists instead of teaching them a lesson.

But are those inconsistencies really STILL in the game? I think the dev really needs to make a storyboard before going any further...
So you saw the part where the MC is telling them they are his pets, I haven't played the new romance path but the corruption/dom path is not consistent, in the first training scene with Sam the MC tells her "Only I bring you pleasure from now on" that is the exact line in the game later the MC walks into Sam's room and she is riding her dildo and he doesn't even comment on it that she is not allowed to pleasure herself anymore. So how is this consistent with his previous statement, this makes it pretty clear that the game is not meant to be played on the corruption route.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018

That last part of you comment is actually a great advice for every dev, not just this one. Especially when they go for multiple routes.

I went back to try the corruption path myself, after the bugfix was released, and there were some inconsistencies, mainly because some scenes are used in both paths without any changes. I didn't notice all of those mentioned by HansDampf788, because I was skipping those scenes, but I noticed the one where the MC told Samantha she wasn't allowed to cum until he'd make her cum again and then if he'd spend the next day with Susan, he would see her riding a dildo before going to bed. And I didn't even try to romance one of them and corrupt the other to see how/if that works.

The game right now already has a ton of different paths or sub-paths you can follow, so it's bound to have some inconsistencies. You can:
  • romance both of them
  • corrupt both of them
  • romance one of them and corrupt the other
  • romance one of them and reject the other
  • romance one of them and ignore the other
  • corrupt one of them and reject the other
  • corrupt one of them and ignore the other
And then you have the timing when you reject them (when you catch them keeping things from you again or right before you have sex with them), the different outfits and so on... And that's with just two of the 12 girls...

Considering the fact that the game already went through more than a couple of rewrites, it's very easy for the dev to miss stuff here and there. Honestly, it still needs work, but it could have been way worse!
Personally I just hope they'll finally stop talking about all the people they've been fucking, and then I'll wait to see the options in that discussion the dev mentioned, about fucking other people and what's the deal with Samantha's stripping thing in the romance path (in the corruption one, you can just stop her). Everything else is fixable.

*I agree that the corruption path was more about control than corruption, it's more of a dom/sub path I guess, but there's a part where the MC is able to control the nanobots or whatever they are called inside the girls' bodies, that I actually found interesting.

Reactions: BTLD and Soulafein

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
So you saw the part where the MC is telling them they are his pets, I haven't played the new romance path but the corruption/dom path is not consistent, in the first training scene with Sam the MC tells her "Only I bring you pleasure from now on" that is the exact line in the game later the MC walks into Sam's room and she is riding her dildo and he doesn't even comment on it that she is not allowed to pleasure herself anymore. So how is this consistent with his previous statement, this makes it pretty clear that the game is not meant to be played on the corruption route.
This is something I missed and I'll fix it so this scene only plays if you pick the romance route. Thanks for pointing it out.

Kelsmen

Jan 5, 2019
So i saw a review yesterday and thought I would post this concerning incest in case no one knows this. To make it true incest when asked what Susan’s name should be you should put her name as mom. As well as setting the relationships like they should be. Also what the Mc and Sam call Susan should be mom and what Alison calls Nancy should be mom.

M'95

May 17, 2019
It is not an inconsistancy, your incest option was never activated, I have looked at the code you are getting the non incest "fork".

If you have access to the console, you can type mc_ll_name = u'Mom' and there will be no mention of a dead mother.

Reactions: Dongicus RexXx
May 12, 2021
It is not an inconsistancy, your incest option was never activated, I have looked at the code you are getting the non incest "fork".

If you have access to the console, you can type mc_ll_name = u'Mom' and there will be no mention of a dead mother.
They added a spoiler section to the main page for the correct settings to get the dialog to work right.

Reactions: M'95

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: Ch 1

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Help me pay for some storage if you want. Or don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: Ch 1

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Help me pay for some storage if you want. Or don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Most impressive of all were mods customizations, top stuff.
Screenshot_2021-10-24-23-40-08.png Screenshot_2021-10-24-23-40-40.png

And about the vn, these sluts supposed to be li's haa. Sorry dev your writing did not complement render quality, didn't feel like continuing after this.

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes