VN Ren'Py Abandoned The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake Bugfix] [TGO Entertainment]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Deleted member 254042

Oct 20, 2017
this game is perfect! just need corruption so when we choose naughty outfit for the milf, she will just accept it

edit: just realise, there is corruption in changelog lol, silly me

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of The City of Promise [Ch. 1 - Remake]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan The City of Promise [Ch. 1 - Remake]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Here is the Italian translation
of The City of Promise [Ch. 1 - Rewrite]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan The City of Promise [Ch. 1 - Rewrite]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Italian translation

Updated: 2021-08-31
Version: Chapter 1 Remake

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
The City of Promise [Ch.1 Remake] [TGO Entertainment] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 4,15 GB / 234 MB - TheCityofPromise-RedemptionLoveCorruption-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: x,xx GB / 200 MB - TheCityofPromise-RedemptionLoveCorruption-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
There is no way the Dev would make two games, one for exiled people and one for not exiled ones, so it will surely be game over. It wouldnt make much sense to spend that kind of resources on it anyway, he needs to fix the non exiled story/game.

Anyway, the game keeps bugged and the Dev instead of fixing it keeps adding mechanics that are not needed. The worst minigame (the clothes selection one) is still here, and the MC is still a BETA pussy that doesnt take charge of anything and only does what others tell him.

Nothing was fixed again and instead time was spent adding a useless mechanic.

Honeslty, i dont know what to think about this game anymore, i hope the Dev can figure out how to solve the real issues instead of spending time doing things that are not needed because if not, i dont see a future in it. He is still listening to the suggestions of the wrong people IMHO.

Last edited:

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
I decided to give the remake a shot, and I'm running into a ton of bugs. One in particular seems to be game-breaking, and I'm stuck at the table with no way to advance.
I didn't get a single error... Sorry for the stupid question, but I have to ask: When you are at the kitchen-table and have to decide with whom you want to hang out, you did realize, that you now have to click the Character to choose? There are no Choices for that popping up anymore. You now have to click the model instead.

There is no way the Dev would make two games, one for exiled people and one for not exiled ones, so it will surely be game over. It wouldnt make much sense to spend that kind of resources on it anyway, he needs to fix the non exiled story/game.

Anyway, the game keeps bugged and the Dev instead of fixing it keeps adding mechanics that are not needed. The worst minigame (the clothes selection one) is still here, and the MC is still a BETA pussy that doesnt take charge of anything and only does what others tell him.

Nothing was fixed again and instead time was spent adding a useless mechanic.

Honeslty, i dont know what to think about this game anymore, i hope the Dev can figure out how to solve the real issues instead of spending time doing things that are not needed because if not, i dont see a future in it. He is still listening to the suggestions of the wrong people IMHO.
Did you even play the update, or did you just skip through it???
The minigames are gone. You no longer have to answer any guesssing-games or something like that. Those Cards with the outfits are for the player to choose which one you want Susan and Sam to wear, and to show off the Outfits from both routes.

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
Hey, everyone. Just a few quick comments and then I'll reply to some of the posts. The new content in this update is primarily in Chapter 1. Other than the tunnel icon there's no new Chapter 2 content while I work out replacing the minigames. Again this is not Chapter 2 part 2. I called this version Redemption through Love or Corruption on Patreon but that's probably too long for F95. Please continue sending me any errors you get. -TGO

I really like this game...I do...

But ANOTHER restart?? I'll be back in about 4 or 5 more updates when hopefully we're past all this hooha.
Other than bug fixes this is it for Chapter 1 remakes/restarts.

I decided to give the remake a shot, and I'm running into a ton of bugs. One in particular seems to be game-breaking, and I'm stuck at the table with no way to advance.
Can you send the error message? Please make sure you start a new game.

Probably this

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 51806, in <module>
NameError: name 'llcprt' is not defined
Thanks! I'll fix this ASAP.

Reactions: ☆Jonathan Wick♤

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
Those Cards with the outfits are for the player to choose which one you want Susan and Sam to wear, and to show off the Outfits from both routes.
100% correct. Click a card to view an outfit on the character. Then pick which one you want them to wear going forward. You cannot lose because it's not a minigame anymore.

yuboki

Apr 23, 2020
Luckily I didn't encounter too many errors/missing this time. Definitely feels better to play now with the added story and removed minigames. Corruption route was ok as well.

ravendarklock

Jun 30, 2019
So, I get to the "friends" house, and can't get them to do anything, it just says chapter 2 is unfinished. Gives me the option to go back to the "landladies" house. I do that, and go upstairs with "roommate" Then it gives me the bad ending. No chance, no explanation, just that which I wouldn't put on my worst enemy.
WTF? Is that where the game ends, is chapter 2 messed up? Or ????

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
So, I get to the "friends" house, and can't get them to do anything, it just says chapter 2 is unfinished. Gives me the option to go back to the "landladies" house. I do that, and go upstairs with "roommate" Then it gives me the bad ending. No chance, no explanation, just that which I wouldn't put on my worst enemy.
When you arrive at the Nancy's house, this is where Ch2 is supposed to start. But he didn't have a chance to remove the minigames and Bugs from Ch2 yet, so this is it for now.

TGO Entertainment

Game Developer
May 21, 2021
A couple of questions. Did you start over and play through all the new content for Chapter 1? If so, what choices did make for the roommate? Did you corrupt her, reject her, or forgive her during Chapter 1?

yuboki

Apr 23, 2020
A couple of questions. Did you start over and play through all the new content for Chapter 1? If so, what choices did make for the roommate? Did you corrupt her, reject her, or forgive her during Chapter 1?
I got that error on both paths.

What errors or missing items did you encounter this time?
Ignorable error after MC tells Susan that she will wear the preggo swimsuit (While running game code:
Exception: String u'"I\'ve never worn one, my [ll_mc_crpt."' ends with an open format operation.)

Missing Images:
Image "roomgame2_spank3_back" not found, Image 'room_slt_crpt' not found, Image 'room_slt_crpt_talk' not found

Reactions: TGO Entertainment

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
12.PNG ----> R.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R (1).jpg ----> 13.PNG
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14.PNG ----> OIP.jpg

Respect to TGO Entertainment for the fan service. I am quite digging the more fleshed out dialogue for all paths.(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: TGO Entertainment

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I was one of the ones that grinded the game hard, and I gotta say this version is already better. The three options make sense, although I only tried the exile route and corruption ones so far, but it's built up way better than the previous versions. I also like the fact that we can still reject some girls, or even all of them given we play our cards right but still progress with the basic story, that is what optionality means (not from the get-go but after one event we can do it). Full blown corruption can seem a bit extreme but it's actually fits the theme. Haven't tried the non-corruption but staying route, even though I usually start with the non-asshole routes, and maybe that won't as great but overall so far I like this version waaaay better than the previous ones in every regard.

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes