3.90 star(s) 40 Votes

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Since you stated you read part of the thread than I'm going to assume you already know. But just to point it out. This line has been in my developer notes on the main post since my game was posted. Therefore there is no need for the kinetic tag.

View attachment 2451743

And just a heads up. Later is actually going to be in the first update. I just wasn't sure at the time if it was going to be the first or the next. I hope this clarifies it for you.
That would require people reading, you expect too much :ROFLMAO:
People just click download, play, then ask questions that could be answered if they checked the info in the OP beforehand :)

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Since you stated you read part of the thread than I'm going to assume you already know. But just to point it out. This line has been in my developer notes on the main post since my game was posted. Therefore there is no need for the kinetic tag.

View attachment 2451743

And just a heads up. Later is actually going to be in the first update. I just wasn't sure at the time if it was going to be the first or the next. I hope this clarifies it for you.
Even after I've explained it a couple times, you still seem to misunderstand the purpose of tags. When people search for games, they use tags. We use tags to make the system only show us games within the types we choose. When setting the system to NOT show Kinetic tagged games, this allows us to NOT see Kinetic tagged games. If a Kinetic game does not have a Kinetic tag, we canNOT prevent that Kinetic game from showing up in the list of games we searched for. When setting "Kinetic" in the tags to avoid, we assume every game that shows up will NOT be Kinetic, since we set that in our filters. So...you are very wrong...there most definitely is still a need for a Kinetic tag. This is why we even have tags....so people can use a search filter. Otherwise, we would all be spending hours reading threads just to decide on spending our limited data (because not everyone has unlimited data) on downloading 1 game. Data is wasted when we download something we do not want to see. And in my case, this wastes that monthly data I had, for a non-game that I thought was a game. That is the best explanation I can muster up, so if you don't understand now, I got nothing else for ya.

• Angry
Reactions: bigphil963

Chenzhou

Aug 28, 2018
That would require people reading, you expect too much :ROFLMAO:
People just click download, play, then ask questions that could be answered if they checked the info in the OP beforehand :)
You forgot to add: FAP... People just click download, play, FAP, then ask questions that could be answered if they checked the info in the OP beforehand :)

:devilish:

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Even after I've explained it a couple times, you still seem to misunderstand the purpose of tags. When people search for games, they use tags. We use tags to make the system only show us games within the types we choose. When setting the system to NOT show Kinetic tagged games, this allows us to NOT see Kinetic tagged games. If a Kinetic game does not have a Kinetic tag, we canNOT prevent that Kinetic game from showing up in the list of games we searched for. When setting "Kinetic" in the tags to avoid, we assume every game that shows up will NOT be Kinetic, since we set that in our filters. So...you are very wrong...there most definitely is still a need for a Kinetic tag. This is why we even have tags....so people can use a search filter. Otherwise, we would all be spending hours reading threads just to decide on spending our limited data (because not everyone has unlimited data) on downloading 1 game. Data is wasted when we download something we do not want to see. And in my case, this wastes that monthly data I had, for a non-game that I thought was a game. That is the best explanation I can muster up, so if you don't understand now, I got nothing else for ya.
Given your post count and responses on here, I would 'assume' you know how things work around here by now too, given that being the case, you would know that the staff add the tags, not the developer, I'm guessing they actually read the note he added in the game information, and thus no Kinetic tag was added, you know, because it's NOT a Kinetic novel... :FacePalm:

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Given your post count and responses on here, I would 'assume' you know how things work around here by now too, given that being the case, you would know that the staff add the tags, not the developer, I'm guessing they actually read the note he added in the game information, and thus no Kinetic tag was added, you know, because it's NOT a Kinetic novel... :FacePalm:
Actually developers can edit the tags as well if we 'own' the thread, which I do. But yes if they deem a game needs a tag, then they will also edit the tags.

Oct 22, 2017
That also makes me wonder - if a non-kinetic VN, that already had some choices in it got a new update - but that specific update had no choices - for someone already following that game, the update would be a kinetic update ...
How would you avoid playing that update then as it clearly would mean people not wanting kinetic content would all be spending hours reading threads just to decide on spending their limited data or not on a game update they don't want to play?

What would happen later on when that kinetic update was just a passage in between other updates? What choice density would count as non-kinetic enough and how many consecutive words could one read before you wouldn't want to see it anymore? Should scenes have a 'kinetic section incoming' warning so you can jump over it to the interesting part where you can click a button?

What about replaying a game? If a game had a first release without choices but got some in a later update, would the same game start mysteriously get better by that or would you have to still quit as the first X renders are still kinetic?

:eek::devilish::poop:

If it is all about data limit - like my free MEGA account is limited to 5GB (just for an example) - I'd be happy to download 500MB here and 2GB there instead of waiting till I have summed up 7GB of data only to not be able to download it in one session anymore, having to wait ...

Last edited:

bensonfeet

Aug 10, 2022
Alright I am not gonna need to add any positive comments as most of it has been said already. :LOL:

Lets just keep it short and say I really enjoy going through this RenPy.

..now so far I just have one negative comment. When the damn clock hit midnight... it just went on for too long in my opinion.. If you don't mind switching that one out maybe.. :giggle:

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
That also makes me wonder - if a non-kinetic VN, that already had some choices in it got a new update - but that specific update had no choices - for someone already following that game, the update would be a kinetic update ...
How would you avoid playing that update then as it clearly would mean people not wanting kinetic content would all be spending hours reading threads just to decide on spending their limited data or not on a game update they don't want to play?

What would happen later on when that kinetic update was just a passage in between other updates? What choice density would count as non-kinetic enough and how many consecutive words could one read before you wouldn't want to see it anymore? Should scenes have a 'kinetic section incoming' warning so you can jump over it to the interesting part where you can click a button?

What about replaying a game? If a game had a first release without choices but got some in a later update, would the same game start mysteriously get better by that or would you have to still quit as the first X renders are still kinetic?

:eek::devilish::poop:

If it is all about data limit - like my free MEGA account is limited to 5GB (just for an example) - I'd be happy to download 500MB here and 2GB there instead of waiting till I have summed up 7GB of data only to not be able to download it in one session anymore, having to wait ...
Dude, you're going to make some people's heads implode, lmao.
As far as Mega goes, you have the option to pay 4.99 Euros a month for 1TB download limit (Pro Lite), which is what I do, or if you use a VPN you can switch IP's to reset the 5GB daily limit (from my understanding).
Also, last I knew if you were in the middle of a download and you hit the limit, the download will finish before it locks you out, especially if you're using the Megasync app.

Oct 22, 2017
Dude, you're going to make some people's heads implode, lmao.
As far as Mega goes, you have the option to pay 4.99 Euros a month for 1TB download limit (Pro Lite), which is what I do, or if you use a VPN you can switch IP's to reset the 5GB daily limit (from my understanding).
Also, last I knew if you were in the middle of a download and you hit the limit, the download will finish before it locks you out, especially if you're using the Megasync app.
What better way to start the weekend than with some fireworks? ;)

I know I could pay for more data limit, that was meant as a response towards "I won't download the game before there are choices because of my limited data volume, but I will then download an even larger data block once a choice was implemented".
(It's just the only real limit on my side I could use for comparison.)

Admittedly that only works if there are pure update downloads available though ... but if you know there WILL be choices it might still save you some unnecessary data download if you can try the game early on in case you don't like where the story is going.

I'm not certain, because it is some time since I exceeded my MEGA limit, but I thought to remember the download actually paused ... I may not have used the app though, because I don't want to clutter that with every one-time download.

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
What better way to start the weekend than with some fireworks? ;)

I know I could pay for more data limit, that was meant as a response towards "I won't download the game before there are choices because of my limited data volume, but I will then download an even larger data block once a choice was implemented".
(It's just the only real limit on my side I could use for comparison.)

Admittedly that only works if there are pure update downloads available though ... but if you know there WILL be choices it might still save you some unnecessary data download if you can try the game early on in case you don't like where the story is going.

I'm not certain, because it is some time since I exceeded my MEGA limit, but I thought to remember the download actually paused ... I may not have used the app though, because I don't want to clutter that with every one-time download.
Yeah, well some people just wait for a few updates before trying the games, so there's enough to get a decent idea of what the game will be like.

indyfordfan

May 13, 2018

View attachment 2439022
Overview:
A single father, four daughters. Someone returned from his past. What mischief will ensue?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2023-02-03
Release Date: 2023-02-23
Developer: ShaddyGames - -
Censored: No
Version: v0.01 Initial Release
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - -
Mac: - -
Android: - -

View attachment 2429947 View attachment 2429949 View attachment 2429950 View attachment 2429952 View attachment 2429954 View attachment 2430080 View attachment 2430082
This is a great start to this game!!!

3.90 star(s) 40 Votes